Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:54:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we buy the 100% HashRate upgrade at 25% extra cost?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [**OPEN**]R2B:HashFast + Host, Dbl. HashRate Upgrade, $43, 10-13GH/s MPP  (Read 35648 times)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:21:46 AM

I'm not seeing my name on the OP...

Sorry mate! It was on there but waaay off to the right.

Fixed that editing but I still need to take another run thru the public code editing after I get Xcel sheets posted. Still under the weather but I'll do my best to get those Excel spreadsheets complete so please be patient as you guys already have public code you can refer to & copy paste for your own particular GB and miner purchases.

I still have PMs to get to but I do have an update from HashFast from a few hours ago:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/HashFastOrder616Transferemailconfirmation.png

Looks like the transfer is complete so I'm releasing the funds in escrow at BTCrow to the buyer. Shipping transfer complete!  Smiley  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:23:12 AM

Also: 2 more upgrade payments received from one of our vetted miner hosts in the co-op:

Tx ID 137d9415c15a40104abd048a9e001d74f98ff6943cb32262c65d09bd3e50c7a0

Thanks, my man!
Commandermk

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:59:28 PM

I know we went with Hashfast, but congratz to KNC today, announcing that the Juipiter will run 550+ Gh/s. 28nm ASIC is real now and here to stay (for the next couple months at least  Wink)

So DZ, if you aren't too busy, how many shares are in for the Hashfast Upgrade so far?  Huh
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:33:41 AM

I know we went with Hashfast, but congratz to KNC today, announcing that the Juipiter will run 550+ Gh/s. 28nm ASIC is real now and here to stay (for the next couple months at least  Wink)

So DZ, if you aren't too busy, how many shares are in for the Hashfast Upgrade so far?  Huh

11 confirmed, transferring 2 more from thomas_s. tonight so that will make it 13 out of 40 paid.

If there's R1 payments we may consolidate w/ R2 in order to make sure at least *1* of the R1/R2 Baby Jets get the upgrade chip. We'll move share ownerships around as best as possible between R1/R2. Gimpy w 1 arm at the moment but slowly getting thru PMs, ownership changes, upgrade payments & pushing R5 along.

Someone even discussed with me buying out all or R1 (while still allowing access to orig. buyers if they their change mind before shipping of 2nd chip) so that's an option too.
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:49:55 AM

I know we went with Hashfast, but congratz to KNC today, announcing that the Juipiter will run 550+ Gh/s. 28nm ASIC is real now and here to stay (for the next couple months at least  Wink)

So DZ, if you aren't too busy, how many shares are in for the Hashfast Upgrade so far?  Huh

R5 is for a KNC Jupiter.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:30:42 AM

Confirmed: 13 shares paid out of 40. https://blockchain.info/address/17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH

2 upgrade shares for R2 confirmed PAID by/for thomas_s.

[Semi-OT: 2 R1 shares paid by -Redacted-, may be merged w/ R2]
-Redacted-

Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:38:52 AM

So, I would to see R1 and R2 both upgraded.   How much are the upgrades,  how many shares do we need, how big is the upgrade, and when is it supposed to happen? 
thomas_s

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:44:38 AM

So, I would to see R1 and R2 both upgraded.   How much are the upgrades,  how many shares do we need, how big is the upgrade, and when is it supposed to happen? 

If we can't get both upgrades I'll buy one, the ability for shareholders to upgrade their shares will be extended for a period of time, however I won't be able to bring it till the upgrade ships otherwise its just a loan (with no interest).

I'd think if its doubling the hashpower then it would be like adding additional shares to the mix (after the upgrade is received).

So main unit arrives 40 shares
upgrade is brought online total shares 80.

You still get the same hashpower in the end if you paid for the upgrade you get double your shares if you didn't you still keep what you had.
-Redacted-

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:07:20 AM

I'm good to do the same with an upgrade, so between us, we'll have both upgrades bought.
Commandermk

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:31:35 AM

Some of the language on the Hashfast site makes me worried about when we put this order in.

Specifically from the third line of the Upgrade Kit description: "This offer is only valid while supplies last". I'm concerned that Hashfast is treating this upgrade more like an promotion, rather than an honest upgrade option for the Baby Jet Batch 1. So I think it would be good to upgrade as soon as possible, putting an order in as soon as we have enough shares bought between R1 and R2, or getting some clarification from Hashfast as to the ongoing availability of the Upgrade.

Including myself, it seems like there is a significant interest "picking up the slack" for these upgrade shares. I mean why would there not be? This is probably the cheapest $/Gh available until 2014. Along what thomas_s was saying, I think we should treat this upgrade as 40 (or 80 if we include both R1 and R2) new shares. Following the model of the original GB: Allow people to put in soft reservations, each person would be guaranteed their ability to upgrade their shares until a certain % of reservations/payments is hit, then a deadline for payment would kick in after which all unpaid shares would be made available to others in the GB. (Possibly through a bidding system or something else, can be decided upon once we get there...)

The current payments would obviously stand, but if something like 75% of the payments came in I think it is unfair to let the 25% remaining to hold back the rest of us (especially since there is good demand for their shares). You could insert whatever percentages you deem fair, but I think it's time to get the ball rolling on this.

This is all just a suggestion but having a little more structure/transparency to the upgrade process can not hurt. Any thoughts?  Huh
baros008

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:18:53 AM

+1
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:29:49 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 06:58:28 AM by DyslexicZombei

Some of the language on the Hashfast site makes me worried about when we put this order in.

Specifically from the third line of the Upgrade Kit description: "This offer is only valid while supplies last". I'm concerned that Hashfast is treating this upgrade more like an promotion, rather than an honest upgrade option for the Baby Jet Batch 1. So I think it would be good to upgrade as soon as possible, putting an order in as soon as we have enough shares bought between R1 and R2, or getting some clarification from Hashfast as to the ongoing availability of the Upgrade.

Including myself, it seems like there is a significant interest "picking up the slack" for these upgrade shares. I mean why would there not be? This is probably the cheapest $/Gh available until 2014. Along what thomas_s was saying, I think we should treat this upgrade as 40 (or 80 if we include both R1 and R2) new shares. Following the model of the original GB: Allow people to put in soft reservations, each person would be guaranteed their ability to upgrade their shares until a certain % of reservations/payments is hit, then a deadline for payment would kick in after which all unpaid shares would be made available to others in the GB. (Possibly through a bidding system or something else, can be decided upon once we get there...)

The current payments would obviously stand, but if something like 75% of the payments came in I think it is unfair to let the 25% remaining to hold back the rest of us (especially since there is good demand for their shares). You could insert whatever percentages you deem fair, but I think it's time to get the ball rolling on this.

This is all just a suggestion but having a little more structure/transparency to the upgrade process can not hurt. Any thoughts?  Huh

I'm in agreement with what y'all are saying about speed/limited quantity & fairness to the majority of the co-op.

At the same time, while we close out this GB, I think we need to protect the original share owners that may be on travel, too busy, or too invested elsewhere, to keep up with the latest changes and come up with the BTC immediately to secure their R1 or R2 upgrade share which they fully deserve.

As long as the people involved w/ the "Buyout" of R1/R2 upgrade shares (which is one heckuva deal) give the orig. share owners an opportunity to buy back their R1 or R2 share *before* the upgrade part(s) ship, I have absolutely no issue with this "buyout" approach, assuming that orig. share buyer protection is built into the buyout to "get 'er done!"

Which, BTW, you know I'm all about having built this co-op out of ether with time/BTC/quality people invested into growing and improving: "The little Co-Op that could." As far as our niche of Industrial Class ASIC Rigs, this co-op may have possibly outsold every other GBC or co-op for the month of September (although I'm always open to correction or constructive criticism), so no reason to slow our momentum just because original R1/R2 owners are too busy or too invested elsewhere at the moment.
-Redacted-

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:54:00 AM

I have no problem with buying an upgrade and allowing any original R1/R2 owners the opportunity to re-purchase up until such time as the hardware actually ships.  Sounds good to me to treat the upgrade as additional shares that kick in once the upgrade is performed - I think it would make it easier to track who has what.   
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:23:43 AM

Flash flood warning & Thunderclaps heard overhead.

Shutting down electronics as a precaution & also because I have no desire to work next to a box full of electronics, metal, and wiring during a thunderstorm.  Tongue

BB tomorrow.
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:50:47 PM

This is all just a suggestion but having a little more structure/transparency to the upgrade process can not hurt. Any thoughts?  Huh

Fully agree, if we need to issue more shares then we should.
About Hashfast "while supplies last", I believe that is a bit of a protection for there industrial class contracts they signed. Icedrill came up a bit short on the funds they needed to build the bitcoin deathstar Smiley this should ensure a healthy supply of chips for us but we should be ordering sooner then later. History shows us that there always shortages and delays.
Even KnC is late and they are one of the few good ones out there.
Lets make it work!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:28:59 AM

(Copy pasta from R1)

Talked to Cara a little while ago:

- Great news! They're still on track for that Oct. 23-30 shipping window. That may be the very latest HF news on the forums ATM.

- Cara says she "hearts" us! I was giving her my elevator pitch about providing access to double and triple digit pricepoints HF can't hit yet and she said she "gets it" and that she hearts us. So there. <3  Kiss

Also mentioned the co-op may be up to 45-50 members once we sort out numbers.

- Touched base on R2 Order 616 buyout and she mentioned the R3/R4 order confirmation should be showing in about 2 days.

(Will post this in other threads for those wondering how HF is doing)

==

======

Gents: there's a strong possibility we may pool the funds for R1/R2 upgrades from a handful of co-op members with the understanding that the orig. share owners deserve to buy their upgrade share(s) all the way until the upgrade parts ship in late Nov./early Dec.

Please let me know if you have any objections to this plan as time appears to be of the essence for this limited quantity promo that's equivalent to 75% off HF B1 shares.
Commandermk

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:23:25 AM

Wooo! It's back!
thomas_s

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:50:19 AM

Wooo! It's back!
=) The DZ Miner Coop has been working even with the outage reddit / our site (including selling out of R6 during the downtime.)
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:58:41 AM

Wooo! It's back!
=) The DZ Miner Coop has been working even with the outage reddit / our site (including selling out of R6 during the downtime.)
My stuffed inbox will attest to this
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 07:29:40 AM

Hmm our R1 upgrade and decisions thread appears to be missing, no?

Anyway the HF upgrades for $43 ea. for 10-13GH/s in December is still ON.
These Upgrade Shares are even covered by HF's MPP.

38 shares available in R1*

27 shares available in R2*

*Any buyers of R1/R2 upgrade shares that are NOT the original share buyer for the first 40 shares in R1/R2, MUST sell the upgrade share they bought at cost to the original share owner *if* they change their mind *and* pay the new shareowner before the upgrade parts ship in late Nov. or early December.

Some tip to the person holding your at-cost share would be appreciated in this circumstance. Also, anyone bumped out of R1/R2 shares will be given the option to be contacted privately about any future at-cost or below-cost GBs that the DZ MC undertakes, ahead of everyone else.

Again, not your lawyer or investment advisor, but these appear to be the best available ASIC pre-order deals available since the original cost was $155 ea. in mid-August.

With forums back up I will update R1/R2 definitively WRT to upgrades available and paid when I get back home from work tomorrow night, but those numbers listed above are current as of today and -Redacted- and thomas_s. may buy them out, in which case, you'd have to deal with these two gents if you wanted in on these cheap R1/R2 shares (equiv. of 75% off).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: