Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:17:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC  (Read 49673 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:16:59 AM

So what kind of uptime are people seeing?  After a couple/three weeks here my Prisma is stable with a Pi running Crazy's cgAM for 5-6 days before I have to hard restart everything.  Today when mine crashed (probably due to 20 degree weather, got too cold) I had to warm it up and then do a few cg restarts to get it back to 1.4TH.

Sounds like my experience is pretty normal, but for those of you with a few of these how do you deal with the stability?

They do seem to like being restarted once in a while. I reboot my Pi every 24 hours but haven't figured out the best way to power cycle the Prisma yet, so I'm just doing it manually for now.
I've found that my Prismas don't like to run for much longer than 48-hours in the DC.  I've had to restart them from the rPi three consecutive times now, through Minera.  That said, if you catch them before they cool down, you don't have to restart cgminer as many times before it "catches."

I'm playing with the auto-restart function in Minera--we'll have to wait for it to die again before I can test the settings.

Cheers.

Try enabling auto-restart and check for 1 dead device that doesn't submit shares for 60 seconds.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:30:13 PM

So what kind of uptime are people seeing?  After a couple/three weeks here my Prisma is stable with a Pi running Crazy's cgAM for 5-6 days before I have to hard restart everything.  Today when mine crashed (probably due to 20 degree weather, got too cold) I had to warm it up and then do a few cg restarts to get it back to 1.4TH.

Sounds like my experience is pretty normal, but for those of you with a few of these how do you deal with the stability?

They do seem to like being restarted once in a while. I reboot my Pi every 24 hours but haven't figured out the best way to power cycle the Prisma yet, so I'm just doing it manually for now.
I've found that my Prismas don't like to run for much longer than 48-hours in the DC.  I've had to restart them from the rPi three consecutive times now, through Minera.  That said, if you catch them before they cool down, you don't have to restart cgminer as many times before it "catches."

I'm playing with the auto-restart function in Minera--we'll have to wait for it to die again before I can test the settings.

Cheers.

Try enabling auto-restart and check for 1 dead device that doesn't submit shares for 60 seconds.
Thanks boss, I'll give that a go!
aluam

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:31:12 PM

I have exactly the same problem with the uptime.. 3 of them running on Rpi , each with the USB adapter. Can't have them running for more than 2 days. Quite annoying to come home from work and see them dead every second day , then to heat up the room again and do some spam restart..

By the way. I just noticed on the board , one of the capacitors is not soldered properly , there is one of the small ones soldered instead .. Haven't seen it on the other two. Any idea why ? someone else found that ?

-> https://i.imgur.com/RR7FMZU.jpg

Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:00:07 AM

Friedcat mentioned that they have problems with quality provided by manufacturer and they looking for new one. I'm quess thats a reason for most failures of prismas, I mean bad quality.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
TracerX

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:20:14 PM

Cheers.

Thanks boss, I'll give that a go!
So, as predicted my Prismas died again after two days in, about 55 hours total.  I was away from a VPN connection, so I only had what information was available on my MobileMiner instance.  It showed the entire system being down (the rPi, I presume) but it came back up after 15 minutes, so maybe the rPi rebooted.  Any specific logs I could look at on the rPi to get some insight into this issue?

And thoughts or comments are appreciated!

Cheers.
TracerX

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:28:32 PM

Quick update.  I logged into my Prisma cluster this morning to give them a preventative reboot only to find out that Minera had restarted cgminer without a problem sometime last night.  I'll keep an eye on it, but it looks like CG's suggested 60 second setting is keeping the system up and running.

I'll let everyone know if that changes!

Cheers.
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:46:07 AM

For those of you that may not have seen the post from friedcat, AM is offering a buyback for all Prisma units. For more info, please refer to the official posting.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889147.0

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 08:10:08 AM

For those of you that may not have seen the post from friedcat, AM is offering a buyback for all Prisma units. For more info, please refer to the official posting.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889147.0

Thank you CG for the heads up, that's great news.
dankefoss

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:16:47 AM

I'd love to discuss the buyback. I have had zero problems with my Prisma, hashing away at 1.43 now since receipt in mid to late November.

Is failure a matter of time? I'm thinking of just keeping it.

Alternatively, the offer either refund or a newer Prisma 2.0 unit with issues resolved - is that unit available now? I assume it is just new boards, though I do not see that.

Anyone have more intel or insight?

Dan
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 03:38:56 AM

I'd love to discuss the buyback. I have had zero problems with my Prisma, hashing away at 1.43 now since receipt in mid to late November.

Alternatively, the offer either refund or a newer Prisma 2.0 unit with issues resolved - is that unit available now? I assume it is just new boards, though I do not see that.

Dan

It was stated in the refund thread that the offer is not time-limited, i.e. you can keep hashing for now until more details are made available and you can decide what to do. I think at some point there might be a deadline established, but as of this moment if you don't have bad boards I think waiting might be the better option.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889147.msg9806429#msg9806429
dankefoss

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:25:13 PM

Dan

It was stated in the refund thread that the offer is not time-limited, i.e. you can keep hashing for now until more details are made available and you can decide what to do. I think at some point there might be a deadline established, but as of this moment if you don't have bad boards I think waiting might be the better option.

Thanks suchmoon!!
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 06:32:52 PM

Dan

Thanks suchmoon!!

There is some new info in that thread, make sure to check the latest posts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889147
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  

Jump to: