Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we buy the 100% HashRate upgrade at 25% extra cost?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [**OPEN**]R2B:HashFast + Host, Dbl. HashRate Upgrade, $43, 10-13GH/s MPP  (Read 35648 times)
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:30:07 PM

Im just going to say I like bitcoins, and whatever option works best for the members is good for me. I have more hosting space and power than I know what to do with, so consider NO limitations on that front. If I fill this warehouse theres 3 more identical ones within a mile. 'just sayin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:46:11 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 12:35:12 AM by DyslexicZombei

Thanks for pointing that out. It's two important details Commandermk mentioned right before Bob (sorry Bob): the operating temps and delivery window.

1. Any overclocker knows cooler is better, so if you start of w/ something that's designed to flush heat and/or generate less heat in the first place you have much, much better chances of overclocking in the first place, and being able to overclock somewhat aggressively if that's what the R2 Co-op members vote on. I told one potential miner client that my first overclock was a Celeron II overclocked 50% from 300 Mhz to 450Mhz, the first major CPU overclock from an Intel chip (man, I feel old saying that).

Fortunately, as far as our miner, bobsag3 has AC to spare & then some, so we should have a high upper limit to Overclocking on Round 2 if we vote on that.

2. Last I heard from Giorgio, it was starting to get into the Dec. 21 shipping date window if everyone had their BTC somehow ready to go. Keep in mind, delivery windows get shot to pieces when faced with the onslaught of actual X-mas deliveries. That Bitmine unit may slip shortly into the January timeframe in which it has to compete with the CTII.

I also have to point out that I expect that the somewhat high prices of the add on modules ($14-15K for 2TH/s) should go down in pricing as time goes on & ASIC hardware continues to ship to miners and prices inevitably decline elsewhere in the ASIC hardware marketplace.

I see 7 votes up on the poll (from who knows who), but that's more of a public temperature of the R2 GB, instead of actual votes.
==================

I have 6 confirmed votes out of 36 avail. for Bitmine (preferably a Rig, I believe) and no other confirmed votes so far. You can send me a PM or vote here publicly and feel free to state your reasons why without any fear of censure or derision.

==================

With that in mind: I'm reserving 1 more share for a newbie I befriended a few weeks back, to see if he or she feels like joining this GB. I may hold or return this share to the pool depending on what the newbie decides.

4 shares available out of 40!

Also, I'm just going to list my 2 shares I'm holding for myself as paid, as I have the funds already on the exchange where I'm holding the BTC shortly for this GB: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/2days-496BTC.png

Also, a veteran user owes me 2 BTC in a gentleman's bet on Oct. 1st if BFL doesn't get to shipping July 6 pre-orders by that date thanks to me being a smarty pants & joking out loud and someone taking me serious on that "bet." Ouch.

aneutronic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:42:02 PM

I'll take the last 4 shares also, that should give me 7 total.   Smiley
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:46:03 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 12:18:10 AM by DyslexicZombei

I'll take the last 4 shares also, that should give me 7 total.   Smiley

You got it! Thank you! Welcome aboard for additional shares.  Grin

I'll update the spreadsheet shortly. Well, pending payments in the 48 hour window after share price/mfg. is finalized, for now...as we say in Hawaii...we're all PAU!

This GB is now CLOSED pending payments & voting in the next 2-3 days.

===============================================================================================

You can still shoot me a PM for a reservation for backup shares in case something happens as far as someone dropping out or if my online friend declines the invitation to join my Bitcoin miner co-op. You can also do a soft reservation for Round 3 if/when that occurs in a few weeks, if there's enough interest for another at-cost ASIC mfg. GB. [Do these 2 sentences even make sense 50 years ago?]
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:04:07 AM

I'll take the last 4 shares also, that should give me 7 total.   Smiley

You got it! Thank you! Welcome aboard for additional shares.  Grin

I'll update the spreadsheet shortly. Well, pending payments in the 48 hour window after share price/mfg. is finalized, for now...as we say in Hawaii...we're all PAU!

This GB is now CLOSED pending payments & voting in the next 2-3 days.

===============================================================================================

You can still shoot me a PM for a reservation for backup shares in case something happens as far as someone dropping out or if my online friend declines the invitation to join my Bitcoin miner co-op. [Does that sentence even make sense 50 years ago?]
If someone would like my share, I have not paid for it yet (stupid escrow) and if you can pay before me thats fine with me!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:38:43 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 12:58:08 AM by DyslexicZombei

No worries Bob. I'll list the GB as OPEN for 1 share then.

FYI: however, that last share may be soon claimed by a gent w/ 1 share confirmed as reserved at the moment and interested in others.

BTW, an anonymous gent has already sent confirmed payment & has locked in 3 shares valued at up to ~$126 ea. Thank you! That was not necessary nor specifically asked for at this time, so thank you. Those 3 shares are now pre-paid.

Since I have what looks like 2 successful GBs under my belt (as far as acquisitions), and my GBEC services in place that allows me access to BTCrow as an affiliate, payment and shipping details should be handled much quicker once all funds are received or released (if held by BTCrow).

bobsag3 says PP2BTC for GB shares should be in place verrry shortly. Soon. He's going to do a good chunk of business from this service to the Custom Hardware and Group Buys forums IMHO.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:09:09 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 01:54:43 AM by DyslexicZombei

And we're closed again.

Whew! I'm gonna go take a break, give my fingers/eyes a rest, and get back to work on the spreadsheet in a bit. Hopefully, all the relevant changes have already been made as far as share ownership/ratio and voting rights for 13 shares.

Cheers everyone!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:31:46 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 06:37:46 AM by DyslexicZombei

New update that may have an effect on voting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=296171.0

Cointerra is now taking Paypal/CC if we choose to go this route & payment method! That means a 3rd party chargeback is possible & we can get our BTC/money back if it all goes to hades. Thoughts? Anyone want to recast their vote?

BTW, current official voting (open poll doesn't count): 5 share votes for Bitmine, 1 for Cointerra (via PM)

34 votes pending or 16 more Bitmine weighted votes needed, whichever comes first. No pressure but: Voting needs a resolution before we all know how much we're paying per share and who we're ordering from.

15 GBC controlled votes are parked, or held in statis, until the end of voting with tiebreaker vote held by GBC, if necessary.

Please vote so we can get our order in ASAP and secure our place in the outbound Q for whatever miner we decide on.

==

I'm surprised at how quickly this Co-operative expanded. Thank you! Here's a summary of my GBC & GBEC services since August 15 (Aug. 1 for ebay sales):

Approx. value of GBEC / GBC ASIC pre-order sales or pre-sales of shares on this forum by DZ in last 5 weeks: $10.1-11.1K
Approx. value of DZ ebay sales (including 4 HF Baby Jet shares listed on ebay/BTC Talk GB forum & purchased on ebay worth $620) since Aug.1 : $3.3K
Approx. value of ASIC related hardware or services currently listed items on ebay by DZ: $30.5K, selling as a trusted intermediary
Several new GBCs and Bitcoin Miner Hosts vetted for free, and several scams pointed out on two BTC related forums including the GB forum.
-Data current as of 9/17/2013

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:19:41 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 06:21:32 AM by DyslexicZombei

Code:
Round 2: Bitmine Coincraft or CointerraII or KnC. We need to reach 20 Soft Reservations - no BTC or cash paid - before sales begin. 
Payouts sent every 2 weeks. Before payout, 2.75% Hosting/Management fees are deducted every 2 weeks once operations begin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Shares|    Username     |          Wallet Address             |Share Status|            Additional Optional Shares / Notes                     |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2   |  DyslexicZombei | 17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH  |    PAID    |   8 / Your GB Coordinator / Net. Eng. / Primary Remote Admin      |
|  0   |  bobsag3        | TBA                                 |    HOST?   | World Class vetted Hosting Avail., W/ Lowest hosting costs        |
|  1   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    Pend.   |                             1                                     |
|  2   |  jungle_dave    | TBA                                 |    Pend.   | Backup Admin, former EE/Net. Engineer. Plants trees in Amazon!    |
|  2   |  firsttimeuser  | TBA                                 |    Pend.   |    2 / DZ Co-op Round1 HashFast BabyJet Vetted Miner Host         |
|  3   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    PAID    |  Votes ceded to GBC. Votes avail. for manual override by owner    |
|  1   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    Pend.   |                                                                   |
|  5   |  Commandermk    | TBA                                 |    Pend.   |  Current 2nd largest share owner with earliest vote               |  
|  7   |  aneutronic     | TBA                                 |    Pend.   |   Current largest share owner with earliest vote                  |                              
|  4   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    Pend.   |                                                                   |
|  2   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    Pend.   |                                                                   |
| 10   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    Pend.   |  Votes ceded to GBC. Manual override avail. GBC votes last.       |
|  1   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    Pend.   |  DZ Co-op Rd1 HF share owner                                      |

11 shares are optional shares that may be purchased at any moment by the
Soft Reservation holder or serve as first contacts for Backup shares.

* 1.5% restock fee for Refunds ** 1.5% fee for optional BTCcrow Escrow protection and dispute resolution. **
** Shares available for payment with or without escrow once share price/mfg. is finalized by majority vote.

PLEASE SEND A PM IF YOU SEE INCORRECT INFO. Mahalo!

Reminder: BTC payments should be sent to this wallet address, whenever you're ready and share prices are set & if you decline optional Escrow:

17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH

Please see current voting in the previous post above to track how the share price/mfg. is being decided. We don't need to hurry, but if we intend to get a projected Dec. 2013 shipment with Bitmine, we're running out of time.

This truly isn't meant to pressure votes/sales but to point out reality because it don't give a <expletive of your choice> what we think about it, for some reason.

=============================================================================================

How the Round 1 ordering and shipping for my first GB was handled last month:

http://s286.photobucket.com/user/SurfSkateKauai/media/HashFastCase235.png.html
http://s286.photobucket.com/user/SurfSkateKauai/media/HashFastBJInvoice-8-18-2013.png.html
http://s286.photobucket.com/user/SurfSkateKauai/media/Order991-Complete.png.html [ Shifted from Pro Colo site to NY (user: firsttimeuser w/ John K. Escrow and the miner host notified of all changes ]
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:59:02 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 08:29:14 AM by DyslexicZombei

4 more Bitmine Rig votes received via PM.

That makes it 9 votes for Bitmine Rig, 1 vote for Cointerra.

10 votes cast out of 40 possible. 21 votes to win majority vote.

The Bitmine Rig option needs 12 more votes before this option wins by majority decision. Please cast your vote(s) so we can secure our order. Also, please send me a PM if you think your vote somehow got overlooked (like: hey, WTH? Where's my KnC vote?) because I def. don't walk on water.

There appear to be 13 votes outstanding, if one doesn't count the shares I'm voting for. I'm all about giving freedom a chance but if we don't receive enough votes by Thursday, September 19, 5PM HST to resolve this, I'm going to vote with the 17 votes under my advisement or direct control so we can close out this R2 GB & secure our place in a Q somewhere.

=====

2 more votes were ceded to me by an anonymous gentlemen for 17 votes out of 40.

=============================================================================================

BTW, KnC news relating to our vote, who would be shipping an estimated full month (or longer) before any other entrants in this democratic vote for a GB miner:  

We would also like to take this opportunity to say that while we have remained as silent as possible on our simulations and only promised figures that we know we can meet. we will not down clock our chips to 400 we will release all our machines with the greatest hashing power we can. So yes the rumors are true Jupiter will be greater than 400 by a significant margin as a free gift from us to all our loyal customers. The first chips off of the production line we will run at full speed in our launch video so you can all see exactly how fast we can make Jupiter run.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-36

If you think about it, there could be as many as 50-60 days shipping difference between KnC & Bitmine. (Hehe, taking all these opposing viewpoints is fun)

Please let me know if this news sways any votes already cast as it's likely this will be a 450-500GH/s KnC unit when all is said & done (with potentially even more headroom).

OTOH, there's no ability to upgrade in increments like the Bitmine unit and I suspect that those Bitmine expansion modules will come down in price as competition heats up.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:12:22 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 08:35:26 AM by DyslexicZombei

Received another vote via PM. This vote is for 2 shares for KnC.

This person has voted for KnC. Reasoning: "My vote is KNC (are you kidding me 50-60 days before any of the competitors?!)"

That's a good point. We'd be paying about $12.50 more a share each but be getting the miner anywhere from a month & a half to 2 months ahead of Bitmine (just mentioning, if anyone had a change of heart w/ their share votes).

Current voting: 9 Bitcoin Rig, 1 CoinTerra, 2 KnC

13 public votes outstanding by my count, 15 late votes currently held by myself (unless the owners of those 13 shares would like to vote).
Please feel free to change your vote all the up until the voting ends and a winning option is announced among our options.

===

Also, I received another unsolicited payment for shares worth 1.97BTC from a R1/R2 co-op member! These shares are valued at $126.22 (current Coindesk price) and will be applied to shares. If we go with ~$137.50 shares via KnC and BTC hasn't appreciated up to ~$137.50 by the time we transfer BTC to the mfg., I may have to ask this member (and the other pre-paid gent) to chip in a little extra.

7 Shares paid up by 3 R2 Co-op members: valued at up to ~$126 ea. or current value of BTC (whichever is higher) at time of mfg. payment. I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow.
aneutronic

Activity: 175

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:52:52 AM

Received another vote via PM. This vote is for 2 shares for KnC.

This person has voted for KnC. Reasoning: "My vote is KNC (are you kidding me 50-60 days before any of the competitors?!)"

That's a good point. We'd be paying about $12.50 more a share each but be getting the miner anywhere from a month & a half to 2 months ahead of Bitmine (just mentioning, if anyone had a change of heart w/ their share votes).

Current voting: 9 Bitcoin Rig, 1 CoinTerra, 2 KnC

13 public votes outstanding by my count, 15 late votes currently held by myself (unless the owners of those 13 shares would like to vote).
Please feel free to change your vote all the up until the voting ends and a winning option is announced among our options.

===

Also, I received another unsolicited payment for shares worth 1.97BTC from a R1/R2 co-op member! These shares are valued at $126.22 (current Coindesk price) and will be applied to shares. If we go with ~$137.50 shares via KnC and BTC hasn't appreciated up to ~$137.50 by the time we transfer BTC to the mfg., I may have to ask this member (and the other pre-paid gent) to chip in a little extra.

7 Shares paid up by 3 R2 Co-op members: valued at up to ~$126 ea. or current value of BTC (whichever is higher) at time of mfg. payment. I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow.

Currently I have to go with KNC also if there is a good shot at getting delivery that much earlier. I'm flexible though if someone can make a better case for another choice.
baros008

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:10:21 PM

I already voted for Bitmine, but now I think KNC will be better choice, DZ please change my vote

Some information, speculation and my thoughts that led me to change my vote:

Assumed KNC ship date - 20th November, with 23rd November delivery, Bitmine ship date - 23rd December, with delivery in the end of December/beginning of January.

KNC Jupiter will be probably 500+ GH/s (but not upgradeable) and delivered min 30 days before Bitmine - this could be crucial. Majority of return will be gained in first 3 difficulty jumps even before Bitmine devices ship.

Worse J/GH/s ratio of KNC Jupiter against Bitmine devices isn't important with cheap electricity.

Network hashrate jumped to 1270 TH/s Shocked (only ghash.io is 190 TH/s) and there will be huge jump with KNC September/October delivery in 1-2 weeks. The sooner we start mining, the better chance to ROI.

Estimate of ASIC pre-orders (6,000 to 8,000 TH/s by end of 2013) by DeathAndTaxes
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283820.0

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:41:22 PM

I know my vote doesnt mean much, but KNC
Commandermk

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:57:00 PM

So what's the total vote now? I think we are a little late to the KNC party, but the window of profitability for any of the mfg. we are considering is pretty short. So I'm inclined to throw my vote to KNC just so we can get this going. Time is really of the essence right now. Undecided
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:25:29 PM

Top o' the Morning, gentlemen!

Thank you for the re-votes. I may have another option that may cause you guys to re-vote those re-votes!  Cheesy  Grin

Thanks to my GBEC services, I make contacts on both the buyer & seller side for both Group Buys *and* Matchmaking services for hosting. One potential client I befriended a few weeks ago that's looking for low cost miner hosting, sent me the following offer.

I'll need some sort of proof of ordering before we set this up (& if we do, I'm setting it up in escrow *at cost* via BTCrow: 1% since I've never traded with this potential client before) but this is an intriguing offer: you'd essentially get a Miner Protection Plan (2-4X our original hashrate) *AND* an even earlier placement in HashFast's order Q (which I might add is in California; much closer than Europe to our most likely host site in Missouri:

"Hi DZ

I have 1 babyjet order #616 == Babyjet 64

I paid $5400 + 400 shipping to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, although I intend to change the shipping for USA hosting in Washington with bitcoinasichosting

I have invested heavily in KNC, early queue delivery and nolonger "need" my babyjet

It's not big deal to keep it, it's paid for, non refundable etc, but in case your group buy in interested in a early order # babyjet, I would be willing to sell it.

thanks

XXXX
"

====

Wow! What a curveball! Anyone want us to buy this MPP purchased Order #616 from HashFast instead? I'm confirming he's selling it to us at cost to free up funds, but I believe we can get an earlier Batch 1 pre-order with HashFast at-cost!

FYI: My Round1 Group Buy is Order #991, so you'd have even earlier placement then the gentlemen who banded together with me to form our R1 GB Cooperative. We'd pay a little more per share but we're talking about a very early November delivery here (est. Nov. 1-2) instead of a projected January delivery with other mfgs.

That's a nice thing about us being a representative democracy: your vote is directly proportional to your intended ownership. However, your influence may be outsized, or larger than your stake, based on how well you argue your position and possibly sway votes with news and/or insights.

Please feel free to change your vote again, if you'd like. KnC is now winning (approx. halfway there for votes) but I def. won't see you as wishy washy with this new complete curveball of a mfg. option out of left field. There won't be any teasing about that from this end.

AFAIK: We are the only co-operative that this option has been offered to.
firsttimeuser

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:34:32 PM

https://hashfast.com/order-chain/

664?

oh 616..
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:35:26 PM

Sorry, typo. Hey, I just woke up!  Cheesy  Wink

Fixed it. BTW, Order 616 was paid for 9 days before our R1 GB HF BabyJet that's heading to your island. Can someone run the TGB numbers for a Nov. Hashfast 4 cent electricity? Mining pool fee would basically be around 2.7% as an est. of the 2.75% + 4 cent electricity. I gotta head to work in a bit.

Cheers!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:38:47 PM

Sorry, typo. Hey, I just woke up!  Cheesy  Wink

Fixed it. BTW, Order 616 was paid for 9 days before our R1 GB HF BabyJet that's heading to your island.

What's your take on this new news? You and the other R1 gents & I would be doubling up on a HashFast bet but, wow, we'd get it in very early Nov. instead of laaate Dec. or most likely January (KnC: late Nov.) with other options. Costs a little bit more than the intended $5K max size of this R2 GB, but the profit projections (and industry best MPP) make this very attractive.

My take: this might be our very best shot at meeting ROI in the short to mid term compared to any other avail. option.
firsttimeuser

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:51:38 PM

Well HashFast #616 is my vote now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: