Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that bitcoin can reduce corruption?  (Read 2556 times)
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:11:56 PM

Bitcoin brings a lot of hope. The real beauty of Bitcoin is its underlying public book system, also known as blockchain. A trusted system can automatically execute, confirm and store transactions on a public database.
I think, by presenting the sophistication of blockchain technology to government offices is very possible to overcome the problem of corruption. because, every transaction that happens will be a public directory, the supervisor can easily track the money that has been out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:19:01 PM

Bitcoin is not at the aim of reducing corruption, it can actually help to ease the stress of the government in reducing the rate of unemployment and making the youths busy and making money without relying on the government and thereby reducing crime rate of theft and robbery of the idle hands. Even the government herself could be corrupt to cheat people like us who are trying to leave without them with their tax stress.
LoudA__

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:23:23 PM

It can't. Bitcoin is like a real money. The decision is up to the person involved, if he/she wants to take advantage of somebody else's property then there's nothing we can do about it. We can't control their actions also we can't change them.

If that person will be taking advantage of other person's property, then I think that is not corruption but seizing other people's property. If a crime will be done into digital currencies, then I think it will be more of a laundering than corruption.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:50:00 PM

Of course, Corruption can be adequately reduced where Bitcoin is well backed up by government as acceptance for payment of some goods and services in related fields with sanctions in place for scammers detected. The issue of middle men being abolished in bitcoin operation also negate unscrupulous/questionable deals and  operational biasness of some Bankers for instance.
rowel21

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:11:00 PM

I think it can only make the corruption worst once they  implemented a tax in evry bitcoin member earner most of the government official is corrupt  once they can manipulate a thing they just making it disappear if they think its useless for them because they don't  have any benefit

>        https://MFCHAIN.com        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM

Code:
>        https://MFCHAIN.com        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
mulukey

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:39:34 PM

It can't. Bitcoin is like a real money. The decision is up to the person involved, if he/she wants to take advantage of somebody else's property then there's nothing we can do about it. We can't control their actions also we can't change them.
I do not think that. To some extent, Bitcoin is helping corrupt governments in some high-corruption countries because of the wealth they have been able to commit to bitcoin. This is one of the reasons why many governments have not accepted bitcoin due to concerns about the use of bitcoin as a tool for corruption. I think that governments in the world should have management policies to take advantage of bitcoin in the financial system of the country.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:47:44 PM

Corruption? I don't thinks so, here no one can currupt others but they can scam others...
Curruption like collecting money by under negotiation? No way...

Either if the two, corruption and scam- both creating and making money from selfish decision!
Well it is not impossible that some government officials will be changed because of the rise of cryptocurrency but it is more sure that they will just ban crypto currencies.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Bitbratt

Activity: 198
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:01:29 PM

Which one will they make transparent the crypto thing or their own monkey businesses? Sorry for the term but if the nation is busy engaging in cryptocurrency from which  their hand cannot take a hold out of, i think this time they will be more alarmed and envious. They will make an effort either to destroy crypto or to make it better and regulate it so they can have their shares.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:22:27 PM

Sorry, but nothing can reduce corruption, except, perhaps, repression. And why would exactly Bitcoin help reducing corruption, that's beyond my imagination.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
xieqieshangu9

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:53:44 PM

I think BTC will make corrupt people more corrupt!

Because of the anonymity of BTC, those who are corrupt will easily transfer their property to digital cryptographic currencies.

They don't need to be in the bank and some places to avoid the authorities' pursuit!
kolitski

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:17:58 AM

I think it can reduce corruption in the government because our official in government have no more under the table, bitcoin is decentralized currency and the payments transaction is through online and no more corruption has been made.

Derrick

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:54:39 AM

I don't figure bitcoin will really change the scene of debasement in certainty it might even fuel it to higher statures concealed previously. That is on account of governments never meet up to all concede to a certain something however in the event that there is anything they could concur on it would be that bitcoin and cryptos are assuming control and they meet up to forbid these from the world. That is degenerate in my perspective, some may state it is acting to their greatest advantage.
yanxuanyunshan4

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:05:06 AM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?

Bitcoin does not reduce corruption.

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency that means it is resistant to inflation. The advantage of encryption is that no one owns and controls it.
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:15:10 AM

Maybe it depends on the personality of each person In the presence of bitcoin is able to provide positive or negative side to the front.But in my view if someone does corruption they will be easy to catch Because all the transactions they do can be tracked and able to speed up the process of catching someone.
Well I think it is better tool to eradicate corrupting from our society. As we all know in our societies every one do corruption at his own level. This might be corruption of morals and ethics and it also can be corruption of money. So if it is second case, then surely bitcoins can save pole or they warn people not to corrupt from money because they will easily be traced back.
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:13:54 PM

Maybe it depends on the personality of each person In the presence of bitcoin is able to provide positive or negative side to the front.But in my view if someone does corruption they will be easy to catch Because all the transactions they do can be tracked and able to speed up the process of catching someone.
Well I think it is better tool to eradicate corrupting from our society. As we all know in our societies every one do corruption at his own level. This might be corruption of morals and ethics and it also can be corruption of money. So if it is second case, then surely bitcoins can save pole or they warn people not to corrupt from money because they will easily be traced back.

I am mostly interested in the economic corruption, as moral is different in every culture and place, but money is money everywhere if you know what I mean.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:29:36 PM

I do not think the bitcoin is a haven for corruptors to save their money, this is because the transaction and feature bitcoin is anonymous so it is difficult to trace.
carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:08:55 AM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?
Probably they are going to ban it because there are some politicians afraid to loss their ill gotten wealth.And we know that onced bitcoin is legalized,it can destroy corrup politician because ther are no more money from the government will be stolen.And if ever this would happened,there will be a big changes to our economy.
I don’t really believe that it would be easy to reduce corruption with bitcoin. Conventional currencies can easily be regulated, and you can also trace when money is stolen in government. But with Bitcoin, meehn, it will be a really difficult case to identify when money is stolen and who the victims are.So Bitcoin is not a solution to stopping corruption. Think twice about it.
Sasha Grey

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:26:46 AM

The problem of corruption is human beings not because of the financial system, as long as human beings have culture for corruption then as good as any system is so useless that they will continue to corruption, the presence of bitcoin will not bring any impact for them.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:44:58 AM

Of course, with Blockchain technology, all that can be done. blockchain technology becomes a new hope for the financial world and other fields. Blockchain technology can be used to automatically store data or assets computed automatically with high security because it uses a decentralized system. The stored data can also be accessed by the public so as to enable all parties to audit of a government financial program.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:09:49 PM

I don't think so, well for me, it may lead most people be corrupt, because of its volatility. If its value is high, more people are being greedy, in which they wanted to have it as soon as possible. And when it falls down, still people will be greedy. Most people wants money, and some needs money. There are people who needs it but most of them want it. The problem is, even they had what they need, they still wanted more, rather they wanted it all to be theirs. In which greediness, leads to corruption.
Your point is valid enough as per the statement is about governments. But biotics have this tendency too, although it is very little but still that exists on paper. And this is about the decentralization of bitcoin that doesn’t give user to do corruption when it comes to transactions. Everything is such secure and recorded that nobody can conceal anything from computer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: