Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better?  (Read 2589 times)
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:58:36 AM

I combine both strategies to get a profit.They make up for each other. When there is an uptrend and prices go up, the profit of the investment portfolio grows.When prices fall, you can get up short and make a profit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
inskraer

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:07:39 AM

I use and two these strategies. I look to situation and hold or selling. Be not afraid to hold  Wink
phucngungoc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:44:58 PM

It's important to say that there is much less potential to earn money with holding. So I don't really understand why is everybody advocating this method. You simply cannot know which coin will succeed in long term cause there are too many coins. I am very lucky to have changed my bitcoin before and currently I can buy bitcoin at the time the price goes down
jinx029

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:03:31 PM

Both are profitable. I do a lot of trading, but sometimes it seems as though it would be just as good to buy and hold. If the price goes up and you sell to buy back later, sometimes the price just keeps going up and you miss out on those gains. if you know how to manage your investment then you can gain much profits.
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:05:24 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?

For me its better to trade first and hold at the same time. Because if you buy dump coins now you will hold it also to wait for the highest price of your coin so that you can earn 10times or more. Trading now is one way of making money very quick because of the high volatility value of coins. This is what they do now which I am interested also. That lm one of the rich people created by bitcoin.
hurriebra49

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:47:38 PM

Day trading is good option but if some time you have bought and by bad luck the coin price will to dark then don’t sale in panic, it is according to the market condition and the current market condition told that the holding is best option instead of panic selling and its especially for those who have the coins that they have purchased at their high price but now their price is in loss, So it’s the good option of holding coins instead of panic selling and market will go up and their profit will calculated automatically.
miang

Activity: 196
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:06:20 AM

If you are holding, all you do is look at the charts from day to day and wait for the price to go up.
Whereas if you trade, you do not have to wait for the price to rise for so much, because basically trading is looking for profit every day.
But, both equally profitable. No need to fear to hold or trade. Between the two have their own risks and advantages.
psikolog

Activity: 210

♦ SIMDAQ ♦

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:28:11 AM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?

Some people prefer to trade. But I prefer to hold it. Because I am interested in the projects and I get tokens. Why do I sell it early?

❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram ▼▲       Medium ▼▲      Telegram ▼▲    Facebook  ▼▲      Twitter ▼▲
jeffinjapan

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:42:22 AM

I plan on doing both. I have some BTC, ETH & XRP stored in my hard wallet and have these coins as well as some other alts on Binance. I am going to day trade BTC/JPN at my local exchange as well as use BTC for bait at all those fishing holes on Binance!

I will of course continue to buy BTC & ETH to stash away on my hard wallet.

I'm still working on my strategy but this is where I'm at right now...just getting started, basically.
cryptoblue

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:45:06 AM

I would prefer holding. After the recent market slump, the price of most coins have recovered a bit but it is still down. If you hold it for six months or a year then it would be profitable.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:40:45 AM

if you dont have an idea how to trade dont deal with it , but if you are good in trading go with it because you can earn in trading that you cant earn in just holding bitcoins.

And if you don't want to take the risk then just hold it because trading isn't for everyone and if you just push through with that you just end up losing instead of earning.
Personally, I hold more than I trade, I just trade when there's some minor dip but mostly I hold my coins for at least six months.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
btc.fanda

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:19:14 AM

Now the Cryptocurrency market is very fluctuate. I think none can say or give us right massage. Other wise some rumors are moving in the Cryptocurrency market  for that market some times down. I request to follow market and if you gain profit then sell your holding coin and wait for better price to buy.
Thanks
mendasuci

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:25:04 AM

i think trade is better
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:33:20 AM

if you dont have an idea how to trade dont deal with it , but if you are good in trading go with it because you can earn in trading that you cant earn in just holding bitcoins.

And if you don't want to take the risk then just hold it because trading isn't for everyone and if you just push through with that you just end up losing instead of earning.
Personally, I hold more than I trade, I just trade when there's some minor dip but mostly I hold my coins for at least six months.
Holding is also risky, it might have different strategy to treat it but one this is sure is that we can succeed or fail in the end.
For people who have lesser time to focus, I think holding for long term is suitable for them, in my case, I tried to do day trading but I also have bitcoin
for long term investment, also not only bitcoin alone, I have diversified some to altcoins.

jerick06

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:53:46 AM

For me trading is better because you can gain easily using a small capital; every day or every week. Yet it is risky. It requires a lot of time, skills and knowledge. Unlike holding it takes you a lot of time before you profit.

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:10:50 AM

For me trading is better because you can gain easily using a small capital; every day or every week. Yet it is risky. It requires a lot of time, skills and knowledge. Unlike holding it takes you a lot of time before you profit.
I preferred both, I am holding some coins which I believe will gain more profits in coming months then I sell other coins I have to make a capital for trading. I am just beginning trading in the last days, and hoping to have some profits after a weeks. If you are just a newbie in trading try to join some group that offer trading signals to ride in and learn from them.
lucian999

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:31:41 AM

I think it's better to just hold a coin that holds you now than you are in trading, and trade it because it will not be lost in trading.
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:48:31 AM

I just want to trade more than you have to hold a long time but to trade somehow earning money.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:31:13 PM

Hold or trade decision will depends on your strategy considering the prices in the market. Hold it if you are predicting that your investment price will goes up in the future. Trade it if you notice that the prices drop and you need to minimize your loses so you need to immediately trade it.
Normally, someone who wants to invest and hold for long will definitely not bother about trading or the activities on the chart, so at the end, it is not about which is better but it is all about which is safer.

Holding is safer as long as the investor just know that it is a long term position and they have no business trying to do any analysis while trader take opportunity of the swings and make more money, so at the end, it all balls down to the risk level of each individual.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

i think trade is better

Both are better things to do, holding is a passive income, and Trading is an active income, that is the only difference between the two. Most of the people only holds bitcoin for the long run and they are trading their tokens so that they could make profits and make their money to circulate. But if you are going to ask me, I'm going to do both to have many profits in the long run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: