Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:38:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better?  (Read 2594 times)
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:12:57 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?
At the present time you should trade rather than keep. Bitcoin prices today are recovering extremely strongly and I think this is the right time for us to trade bitcoin. With a constantly fluctuating market, keeping your coin long will be extremely risky, and the probability of loss will be extremely high, so you should trade, not hold.

Trading @ hold is important of the all people. But you will know the both of process before use. Time is important for the both of process. So it time to complete the process. Trading is connects the people for the exchange for any country currency. So it help to save for the future investment. If price is low you hold and trade the coin. Next time coin price will be incare. So you hold it. If state trading process. You will complete on time.
chel0

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:17:30 PM

Holding is better however trading is best. We just have to be wise enough for how long we'll be holding the coin.Or let's say if it's value is very favorable then that's the right time to trade or exchange.
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:42:59 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Both day trading and holding is really profitable. If you are good in trading then do day trading because I know that you can easily grow your investment. Day trading is more risky than holding. So, the most preferable and useful technique is by holding your coins.
Yes, trading and holding are both better and profitable but it all depends the skills and strategy of an individual only they have some risk if not handle properly, because everything in crypto is unpredictable due to value volatility and its not good to long hold coins for nothing.

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:07:56 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 02:52:57 PM by bitcoin31

Actually there's also same in holding and trade.  Because if you trade you can hold also but the difference it's altcoin and not bitcoin.  But this two you can earn profit from trading and holding.  But if you want to earn more profit better if you trade altcoin because the price is very cheap but if you hold your bitcoin you can get profit but not big because the price is verg big unless you invest a lot of money.
wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:45:11 AM

It is much better if you will hodl rather than do short term trading especially now that there is a current blood bath in the market. Aside from that, if you will hodl your coins for long term, there is a very high possibility of big profit if the coins you have are good coins and not just shit coins. Hodling is the key in this industry.

Better or not depending on people itself. So we choose between short or long term is not problem.
We only need to care and do what we want to do. Like doing hobby, we always do what we want and not depending on people like or not.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:31:49 AM

What is your aim and strategy ? If you have a set target of gain then if your target is hit then you can hold . but if your target is yet to be met you cantrade and move up towards your set target. But one thing i know is that if you are not in profit when you are holding then do not panic sell and dump the market. Remeber if you hold you have not lost untill you sell off.
Yes you’re right. The both strategies have their own ways of being better than the other. So I will say that both of them are good, you just have to find the one that favors you most. Just like me, Trading doesn’t favor me much, so I prefer  to hold my investment until I accomplish my goals. Whenever I try to trade, I usually end up in losing some money, though not all the times cause I do win sometimes.
burong1

Activity: 238

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:37:14 AM

Using both is better than trade or hold only
both trade and hold are better to do but if im going to choose i would say hold is much better for me just because in trading there is a possibility that you loose your bitcoin while holding is just waiting for the price pump up and you cant loose but rather you earn more so holding for me is much better that trading.

MuhNofa

Activity: 504
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:05:49 PM

if you want to play it safe I suggest to hold it because it is safest and if there is a big increase you will get a profit there. but if you want to get capital from tranding you can do it too but this is a very high risk if you can not control your emotions
A Fahriz Thiago

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

In my opinion, if the price of the coin is already very good and you already get a profit if you sell it, you should not dihodl anymore, you better trade.

SarahAfiah

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:29:58 PM

I am an altcoin holder, it would be better to collect the coins we have to wait for the coin to stabilize. but if you are unemployed I suggest you sell your coin every month in trading exchanges but if you workers will better hold your coin until your coin reaches the price that what you want

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■⚫●●     DINNGO     ●●⚫■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
████████  ⚫●●     THE MOBILE DIGITAL CURRENCY EXCHANGE     ●●⚫  ████████
White Paper  ●  Telegram   Facebook   Twitter   Medium   Reddit   Youtube  ●  ANN Thread
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:40:20 PM

In my general opinion trading is the best to deal with. Trading provides a higher income instead of choosing holding. In trading you can easily get the profit in daily basis unlike in holding it takes years.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:35:02 PM

I think the better is to do both because with the trade you can take advantage of fluctuating price situation but you also can hold the coin you have because with you holding the coin you can get more profit because you have no chance to buy the price when cheap.
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:38:42 PM

I believe that with a market that is constantly fluctuating and difficult to predict, we should trade short-term. Bitcoin prices are steadily declining over the past few hours and breaking down barriers, so you should watch and watch for the best bitcoin buy. Prices are now at $ 9600 and may continue to fall.

Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:57:26 PM

I think that HODL - is not "trading", it is "investing". And by HODL you will win in most of your investments. If you are going to make money through trading, you have to be ready for trading during several days. And from this side the main problem is sell your asset in time. I think "don't sell in time" is main mistake in trading.
coinscircle

Activity: 202

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:06:39 PM

You can see that bitcoin prices are falling sharply today. The $ 10,300 bitcoin broke the momentum and dropped sharply to $ 9600. I think that at the present time the market is always unhappy and it is difficult for us to predict what is going on so we should not trade at this time, it would be extremely dangerous. I think you should go buy and hold.
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:11:22 PM

At the present time you should trade rather than keep. Bitcoin prices today are recovering extremely strongly and I think this is the right time for us to trade bitcoin. With a constantly fluctuating market, keeping your coin long will be extremely risky, and the probability of loss will be extremely high, so you should trade, not hold.

You have a point mate, but how can you positively earn if you keep on trading with the low price. Instead of profit, it is very possible for you to have loss.
For many years, panic selling have been proven to lead most traders to loss. Patience is a virtue, as the old saying goes.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
sallee2

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:40:38 PM

You can see that bitcoin prices are falling sharply today. The $ 10,300 bitcoin broke the momentum and dropped sharply to $ 9600. I think that at the present time the market is always unhappy and it is difficult for us to predict what is going on so we should not trade at this time, it would be extremely dangerous. I think you should go buy and hold.
I think we can trade at this time. The more volatile the market is, the more fluctuating the fluctuation, the more profitable we can be. Certainly the risk will be higher but going ice cream with it is huge profit, so I still think that the present moment we should trade. So buy bitcoin right now to trade.
khalifa25

Activity: 242

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:48:02 AM

For is depend what you are holding always research regarding your asset so you will know which is the one for long term or for short term i recommend you to focus in long term asset if you have a job or not full time in the cryptocurrency
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:12:46 AM

Both.  You as a trader and investor must find your balance in playing the two concept of cryptocurrency investing and trading. The school of thought of holding indefinitely doesn't apply in real life because at some point you want to take profit.  And if you also sell too early you lose out on future profit.

Questat

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:27:05 AM

Both.  You as a trader and investor must find your balance in playing the two concept of cryptocurrency investing and trading. The school of thought of holding indefinitely doesn't apply in real life because at some point you want to take profit.  And if you also sell too early you lose out on future profit.
With the right amount of target you will be able to sell at a timely manner at of course with your desired profit.
Holding longer is too risky, everything is possible and it might end up not based on what you are expecting so you will lose money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: