Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:52:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better?  (Read 2594 times)
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:10:12 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?

I prefer to do a trade coin than just holding my coin but when you are stuck at a high price there is no harm to you to hold it but and when playing your patience is very in the test and you should be able to control your patience condition to avoid from loss which is very much, so I hope you can combine trade and hold well.
Its on yourself how would you anticipate holding and trading because to trade is to hold and to hold is to trade if you get my point they are both completely connected it only differs on how you can manage it. If you like to have some gains while holding then you can do short trades or if not then buy and hold.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:05:10 PM

I prefer to trade, because it makes my money more and more. but, we do not know what will happen, so, when you do not want to take risks, it may be better to hold it for a very long time.
I think we should be more flexible in this regard, use these two strategies in parallel because the situation is different, the strategy will be different, we should not apply only one strategy, that makes our ability to earn money is limited. More simply, in a market full of volatility and a clear trend, trade is a good way to optimize profits, instead of holding, if we only hold in this situation, we will miss the opportunity to make more money, but for the market there is no clear trend, holding would be a safe choice because the trade in that time, the ability to fall into the trap is very high

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Jake2134

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:26:44 PM

I think holding is the most preferred choice because first of, if you trade you grow your bitcoin and also gain money rather than just holding you just grow money not bitcoin.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:55:50 PM

For the market like this which is in the down trend i prefer trade but not day trading. At least weekly trade. Buy in the dip of the week and sell it at 5% gain will also make your portofolio growing.or put small money in to the best ico for that month and wait for 6-9 month to sell the token or coin.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:34:14 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.

If you like to prevent losses obviously holding is the best  choice. Now if you want to earn fast you can do trade but you need to take your risk on this matter mate. The choice is yours Smiley
Ilnurbtc

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:14:04 PM

It is much better if you will hodl rather than do short term trading especially now that there is a current blood bath in the market. Aside from that, if you will hodl your coins for long term, there is a very high possibility of big profit if the coins you have are good coins and not just shit coins. Hodling is the key in this industry
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:32:14 PM

If you are an experienced trader and have long been familiar with the cryptocurrency market it is better to trade, but if you are a beginner it is better to buy and wait.

This is a very good advice, however, to become an experienced trader you should start with something first. I would better recommend start trading.
LKing

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:49:51 PM

I tried trading of various commodities. Stocks, PM´s, Cryptos... at the end of the day, its always a 0-sum game for me, because A: I cannot time the market, B: as much as i want to think of me being a rational person who isn´t flimsy and can push through sound moneymanagement and risk strategies, over a trading cycle of say, a year, i make still enough mistakes to eat up all possible gains. Whenever i win i increase my risk without my sane personality having a say in the matter, therefor, now, i just Hodl. Learn about yourself in both scenarios. How do you act when you loose, how do you act when you win? If your emotions are getting in the way every time, trading may not be the thing for you.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:53:24 PM

If you are an experienced trader and have long been familiar with the cryptocurrency market it is better to trade, but if you are a beginner it is better to buy and wait.

This is a very good advice, however, to become an experienced trader you should start with something first. I would better recommend start trading.

If you don’t have any other earnings then trading is the right way but if you had an job and earning way then holding for a long period will help your future to live peacefully.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
crea8ivemoiz

Activity: 231
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:55:54 PM

Try to hold, because things not for permanent..will be see the change soon!
Prisca07

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:08:07 PM

Holding is a passive way to gain a lot of money and trading is an active way to gain a lot of money and you can do them both if i were you i am gonna do it both for double income. Holding if meant for those coins that are success coins that are famous like ethereum,bitcoin, litecoin and other more. I think you will increase your gains by doing both with different coins. Coins with higher market cap are changing slowly so one can easily keep track of them and trade them more frequently
LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:25:55 PM

it will greatly depend on the market situation and the type of coin you have, when we have a coin that has good potential in the future then we have to hold it

Gringoblin67

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:29:31 PM

it will greatly depend on the market situation and the type of coin you have, when we have a coin that has good potential in the future then we have to hold it

Totally agree with you.. There are times when short term trading is more beneficial especially when the market is going sideways. At times, it's much better to buy and hold especially if the market is trending up or down.
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:40:43 PM

Totally agree with you.. There are times when short term trading is more beneficial especially when the market is going sideways. At times, it's much better to buy and hold especially if the market is trending up or down.
the situation is very important role to be able to determine the results we will be able to. this is because the situation is always changing so we can not make a decision to sell, buy or hold. many people do not think that way and they just assume that a coin is done with short-term investments and long-term investments. change the mindset that trading is a thing that really depends on the time we will do the action.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 07:34:18 PM

Both are same better hold a potential coins and if you want a instant profit you must choose a trade, but it's too risky. If you are knowledgeable and have a skills you will get a huge profits.
this knowledge can be obtained by myself And not only learn to trade, but also to study the potential investment world. First of all, you need to study the technical documentation for the project, the coins of which you are interested. It is necessary to understand whether it is not scammers.
Kita Kita

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:19:17 PM

Both are same better hold a potential coins and if you want a instant profit you must choose a trade, but it's too risky. If you are knowledgeable and have a skills you will get a huge profits.
I am doing both holding and trade and i prefer to choose holding because it is more easy for me and it is really profitable to hold a great coin, like holdng ethereum and bitcoin for long time it will surely give us many money kn the future.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Bowly88

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:32:27 PM

It is hard to trade in this time because almost the majority of the coins are really om a bad price this time so selling them or trading them is really a bad timing but still there are coins that are low but still the price are reasonable and you will still have the profits you wanted but still they are much cheaper but it is okay rather than nothing. But as much as possible hold it for now it will just take a months for it to grow again trust me.
Jorheen

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:16:20 AM

It depends on what coins you have. If you think that the price of the coin is right for you, trade it, otherwise hold it, and wait for the right time of the price to suits your target price range.
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:11:15 AM

With the present price may be you are going to make less amount of money but we don't know whether at what price have you bought the bitcoin. If you are getting less profit then it is good to hold it for some more time because holding will always gives you huge profits.
shendy

Activity: 602

https://i.imgur.com/BBmstUL.jpg

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:58:30 AM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pump up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
I further recommend you to hold the coins you hold. Because if the coins you hold are the best coins in crypto surely you will get a huge profit. Although the price is now again on the down surely this is only temporary and the market will be even better again. You just need to be patient and calm.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: