Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:42:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU)  (Read 35234 times)
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 01:04:18 AM

Yes, we offer 1 year international warranty. If anything breaks we will send you a new replacement unit. You just have to ship the defective part back to our US, European or China warranty collection point.

Aliexpress sellers are known for not honouring the warranty they offer.

@octominer

what are the warranty conditions??

If there is a failure do we have to ship them back to you, or just prove they are not working?

I'm having shocking trouble with a store on  Aliexpress getting warranty honored, I've had 3 out of 3 of the C.B250A-BTC plus boards die,
taking out 7 1060s, so I'm in need of something a bit more reliable that doesn't have the gpu power running through the mother board.

I've already purchase boards, so I'm looking forward to getting these running, just hope there better made than the Colorful ones.

@octominer

So if we purchase the chassis with free shipping, there is no shipping break on the other components?  I guess $50 shipping on mobo and psu isn't all THAT bad from China, but since the chassis ships free and is by far the largest and heaviest, I think you should offer a shipping deal to users that wants to order an entire setup and just throw their GPU's in and start mining...

I thought there would have been free shipping on the entire order too, but when I ordered, still had to pay shipping on the motherboard and components

benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:41:51 AM

Yes, we offer 1 year international warranty. If anything breaks we will send you a new replacement unit. You just have to ship the defective part back to our US, European or China warranty collection point.

Aliexpress sellers are known for not honouring the warranty they offer.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll just do a charge back on my credit card.

Do you have any plans to offer graphics cards in the near future??

It makes it easier tax wise to purchase with crypto.
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:15:36 AM

I don’t understand this trend of server “style” cases that don’t fit in standard server racks...

Whats the point of the handles if it’s just going to sit on a shelf?
Sajo8

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:00:18 AM

I'm planning to buy everything(RAM, Mobo, case, psu etc) from your website, but I'm unable to find an elevated multi-tier rack which is large enough to accommodate the case.
Could you recommend a rack on which I could place one of the 4U cases on each tier?
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:48:53 AM

I'm planning to buy everything(RAM, Mobo, case, psu etc) from your website, but I'm unable to find an elevated multi-tier rack which is large enough to accommodate the case.
Could you recommend a rack on which I could place one of the 4U cases on each tier?

Just buy a cheap steel shelving unit and sit it there. The case doesn’t look like it has any provisions for rails, so you can’t really mount it to any rack anyway, even if you found one wide enough.
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 06:36:01 AM

The new batch of Octominer B8PLUS motherboards are ready! The production run went perfect and all the motherboards are 100% functional. The current February batch sold out in less than 2 weeks time! Next batch of motherboards will ship between March 10th and 20th, we are accepting PRE-ORDERS!
Thank you for your support!

Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:15:43 AM

The new batch of Octominer B8PLUS motherboards are ready! The production run went perfect and all the motherboards are 100% functional. The current February batch sold out in less than 2 weeks time! Next batch of motherboards will ship between March 10th and 20th, we are accepting PRE-ORDERS!
Thank you for your support!

Thanks octominer looking forward to testing out the rig. Packaging looks neat and tidy I'm glad the cats approve Tongue
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:30:13 AM

Very interesting product : I will see the prices.
I saw you have a "european collection point", some post before : very good.
Have you a european selling point to have no import/export taxes ?

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
Kapz786

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:30:05 AM

If im not wrong I think they have US/EU return points for warranty issues but all stock is shipped/invoiced from China?
DaCoste

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:52:24 PM

Hello Octominer
Some small questions
- what is the shipping date of the next batch of motherboards ?
- you sell only the motherboard with intel 3865u processor ?
- I do not see an RJ45 port on the pictures of the 4U RACK CHASSIS !
- Is the power cable length of the Octominer Server PSU so long enough to connect to all the GPUs in the 4U RACK CHASSIS ?
- what is the discount for the purchase of 10 units (MOTHERBOARD / SERVER PSU / RACK CHASSIS / SSD 120 GB / RAM 8 GB) ?

Thank you
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:01:00 AM

If im not wrong I think they have US/EU return points for warranty issues but all stock is shipped/invoiced from China?

Yes, correct. We will update the info on our website also soon.
eXme

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:11:29 AM

This board going to have massive problems with hot cards! Dont forget, the hoter your gpu is the slower it works. So single Sapphiere RX 580 Nitro+ can do 32.5 Mhs with ETH at 70°C it becomes more memory errors and need to be restart or it hangs in windows same problem will be with linux. What happens if one of the this china capacitors are dead? You need to send it back and your miner stops making moneys... =( Sorry Octominer but its fail!

I prefer this mainboards http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=886 and simple 008C Risers which I can change if they are dead it also cost less even with CPU and have 2-3 Years warranty.

Best Bank for Bitcoins, under 12,500€ annonym Smiley https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=52874443
Best Direct-Cash Market https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/4879q2
Kapz786

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:40:34 AM

This board going to have massive problems with hot cards! Dont forget, the hoter your gpu is the slower it works. So single Sapphiere RX 580 Nitro+ can do 32.5 Mhs with ETH at 70°C it becomes more memory errors and need to be restart or it hangs in windows same problem will be with linux. What happens if one of the this china capacitors are dead? You need to send it back and your miner stops making moneys... =( Sorry Octominer but its fail!

I prefer this mainboards http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=886 and simple 008C Risers which I can change if they are dead it also cost less even with CPU and have 2-3 Years warranty.

Your asking for trouble mining at max like that with your cards personally I undervolt and save myself some heat and energy consumption.

Time will tell with these mobos but with high flow fans heat shouldn't be a problem as seen in the videos from octominer.com

The whole concept is to get away from risers which cause all sorts of issues particularly because of poor  quality control in production  
eXme

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:34:49 AM

Well ive started using risers in 2013 and if they are broken or dead just swap them thats all its like only 4$ in 6-12 Months. My Rig run also efficient 180 Mhs at 690 Watt fans goes on only if it reaches 50°C and runs for some seconds. I had close builds and it was suck it was very hot and very very loud you cant have it at home.. In sommer cooling system at 100% all the time and you also need to downgrade them because of overheat and -10 Mhs pro rigs kind of lot of moneys and they still runing at 75°C. Risers from 008C version are good they got 25V capacitors and can hold Vega64 easy without spikes. Well, its only my expierence.

Best Bank for Bitcoins, under 12,500€ annonym Smiley https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=52874443
Best Direct-Cash Market https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/4879q2
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:02:13 AM

That's nice you like those boards and risers. Calling the Octominer product a fail is a bit harsh, sure they might not work for your needs but each approach has pros and cons.

I have two riserless rigs (not Octominers but basically the same form factor). I'd recommend nvidia cards with them as they run cooler. Sure you're not going to run 1080ti's (ok hybrids would be awesome but that's going to cost a shitload) but cooling 1060s is no problem with 4 fans extracting heat and 1070s are OK with intake fans and smart heat management around the rigs. I don't miss risers at all on them.

If you are building a bunch of rigs riserless are less hassle too – plug in the cards, ram + ssd, connect fans and you're away.

hominoid

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:02:30 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 04:51:12 PM by hominoid

@octominer.
I have a question regarding the PCIe x16 slots.  Does this MOB support PCIe 3.0 or only PCIe 2.0?  Your website does not indicate what spec it follows.  By my mistake I originally thought this used the 3955u which is PCIe 3.0 (I have one).  So last night I was looking at the spec for the 3855u processor at the intel site which indicates PCIe 2.0 only for this processor.  The high-end GPU's that require PCI 3.0 are not supported?  A cursory scan of GPU cards seems to indicated many need it, besides the Vega64 FE's.  Please clarify...and hold my order because if this is the case I need to cancel it.

EDIT:  Just wanted to update my post to say that @octominer PM'ed me that the PCIe x16 is only 2.0.  Decided to not cancel the order, still like the product just won't use PCIe 3.0 cards in it.
sq1stne

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:07:01 PM

Can you please let me know if my order made the feb batch shipment? Still in processing status per octominer.com. order # 16004. Thanks
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3647

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:27:00 PM

That's nice you like those boards and risers. Calling the Octominer product a fail is a bit harsh, sure they might not work for your needs but each approach has pros and cons.

I have two riserless rigs (not Octominers but basically the same form factor). I'd recommend nvidia cards with them as they run cooler. Sure you're not going to run 1080ti's (ok hybrids would be awesome but that's going to cost a shitload) but cooling 1060s is no problem with 4 fans extracting heat and 1070s are OK with intake fans and smart heat management around the rigs. I don't miss risers at all on them.

If you are building a bunch of rigs riserless are less hassle too – plug in the cards, ram + ssd, connect fans and you're away.

i agree. i have a riserless 8 card board (not octominers but similar) setup and will never again use risers in a rig. much easier to work on, very stable. cooling is a breeze with 4x140s pushing air at them (open air rig) and its pretty quiet to boot. and depending on slot spacing (it varies per board) cooling 8x1080tis should be doable. mine has 2.5 slot spacing which is a plus, but that means it wont fit in a 4U chassis. but putting 8 monster delta fans in a closed case with a mobo with 2 slot spacing and 8x1080tis could be done (i believe, not seen it done but im sure someone will do it.. love to see that). air flow is king, force enough air through and you can cool most anything. if you can stand the noise of 8x 6000 rpm screamers..

perhaps i will be proven wrong though. whos gonna be the 1st to do it? heh

Yars

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:54:39 PM

Hello Octominer
Some small questions
- Is the power cable length of the Octominer Server PSU so long enough to connect to all the GPUs in the 4U RACK CHASSIS ?
- what is the discount for the purchase of 10 units (MOTHERBOARD / SERVER PSU / RACK CHASSIS / SSD 120 GB / RAM 8 GB) ?

Thank you

This is actually a good question, where the hell is the network port on the 4U chassis?
Supposed to be on the rear side of the case, but can't see it on the pictures.

I suppose owners will need to drill a hole...
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:32:45 PM

Hello Octominer
Some small questions

Thank you

This is actually a good question, where the hell is the network port on the 4U chassis?
Supposed to be on the rear side of the case, but can't see it on the pictures.

I suppose owners will need to drill a hole...

Or…?!

Would be neater if it was with the other ports though…
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: