Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:51:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU)  (Read 35234 times)
jaykavathe

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 03:42:32 PM

I am looking at the pictures of this board and can't figure out all the power connections.
Does this board need 24 Pin ATX connection or 8 pin CPU connector?

If I have an HP server PSU with breakout boards, can the board run with all PCIE connectors coming out of the server PSU?

quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:13:00 PM

For basic powering of the board you just have to plug in 2 6 pin pci-e cables to any of the 6 spots on the edge of the board. I use the pair closest to the psu. You can use a single double plug cable for this. There is no 24 pin atx or 8 pin cpu for this board. the onda board has these but not Octo. if you are running cards without external power like gtx 1050's then you would plug in all 6 of the 6 pin pci-e on the board. For higher cards that have their own power connections, you just use the first 2 and the rest of the cables would be for powering the cards directly. If you are using a server psu a 12 port breakout board would be good. 2 for the motherboard and the rest of 8 cards. If the cards use double 8 pin or 8pin and 6 pin then just use a 8pin to dual 8pin splitter and you'll have no problems.

I am looking at the pictures of this board and can't figure out all the power connections.

If I have an HP server PSU with breakout boards, can the board run with all PCIE connectors coming out of the server PSU?

jaykavathe

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 09:57:20 PM

For basic powering of the board you just have to plug in 2 6 pin pci-e cables to any of the 6 spots on the edge of the board. I use the pair closest to the psu. You can use a single double plug cable for this. There is no 24 pin atx or 8 pin cpu for this board. the onda board has these but not Octo. if you are running cards without external power like gtx 1050's then you would plug in all 6 of the 6 pin pci-e on the board. For higher cards that have their own power connections, you just use the first 2 and the rest of the cables would be for powering the cards directly. If you are using a server psu a 12 port breakout board would be good. 2 for the motherboard and the rest of 8 cards. If the cards use double 8 pin or 8pin and 6 pin then just use a 8pin to dual 8pin splitter and you'll have no problems.

Thank you dude, that clarifies all the doubts I had Smiley
PanneKopp

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

aka ...

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:56:51 AM

Hi Folks,

got an march shipping date update
introducing a delay to 15-30th of march.

I am not very happy about delaying my prototype (complete system):
- 1650W Octominer ATX PSU
- 2200W 220V / 1600W 110V Octominer SERVER PSU
- Kingsand M-SATA 240GB SSD
- Micron DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM 8GB
- OCTOMINER B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Motherboard - Intel 3855u CPU
- OCTOMINER B8PLUS 4U RACK CHASSIS with 7x Delta Fans / DHL SHIPPING INCLUDED IN PRICE
Prepaid Invoice 16750, paid with Bitcoin Cash (BCH) [TX-ID on request]

What about the fastest CPU testing ?
... any news on that ?

Yours, PanneKopp (hanging out in your Chat)

... please make an educated guess !
quick1unc

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:20:51 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Elder III (1)

I wanted to post some updates for those still trying to decide on this motherboard and/or the case as well. Plenty has been said about the board so I don’t have much to add to that. So far I’ve got 7/8 gpu’s installed as well as the Noctua NF-f12 industrial 3k rpm fans. At 100% the fans are about as damn loud as the deltas.

My plan was to add a bit more noise control so I added a 8 port fan hub that I planned to use with the small Noctua pwm fan controller. The fan hub and the controller both had male out/in so I had to find a female to female pwm cable which proved more difficult than expected. I ordered one and had it overnighted. Got it all hooked up and only one half of the fan hub would adjust with the fan controller. Luckily I scrounged up an old fan hub I had left over from my last Pc build and it worked like a charm. All 7 fans are now manually controllable with the twist of the knob. Below I documented 3 sets of fan speed and temperature comparisons so you can see how the cooling of the fans worked along with how much noise.

All readings are taken with the gpu fans at 45% with +200 core, +650 memory and 70% power.

Full fan speed- https://imgur.com/gallery/RTO4e
About 50% fan speed- https://imgur.com/gallery/Q2MBe
20-25% fan speed- https://imgur.com/gallery/t3gHv

As you can see, even at lower fan speeds the temps weren’t bad but I find around 50% to be a good balance of noise and temps. Take all of this with a grain of salt but it should at least show what kind of temps you can expect. These readings were takin using DSTM mining Hush. I also tried ran Claymore dual mining etc and verge and all temps still maintained about the same +/- 2 degrees.

Here is the fan controller I used in conjunction with a pwm fan hub.
Noctua NA-FC1 4-pin PWM Fan Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072M2HKSN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_EThRAbJVPQK4Y
bnoll84

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:13:27 AM

Getting really frustrated and regretting my purchase.

On jan 30th, I ordered motherboard, psu and ssd. On feb 5th, website said hurry and get in orders for stuff to ship. I ordered the case, that said it was in stock.

I got my order, no case.. PSU popped on plugin and never worked.. motherboard constantly locks up/freezes.

I was told the cases didn't make it out before Chinese New Year, got it. Totally understand. Was told it would ship after.. Then after CNY i was told early march.. Now its March 20th and I just finally got a tracking # (that currently appears invalid).

Told them psu was bad, no problem we will replace.

Told them motherboard was bad, we did some troubleshooting, was told they'd replace..

When asking for an update on case (and mobo) im again told to troubleshoot board, even though I thought we'd already agreed on a replacement..

I still haven't confirmed all 3 items are coming (at the same time)

so, summary, the stuff i ordered a month and a half ago either never showed or doesn't work and I am getting ticked.
quick1unc

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:40:54 AM

You're best bet of getting any help is either with live help on their site or message the guy that posts on reddit threads. I had to make posts like this and on reddit before my replacement board finally shipped. I know they moved locations recently but ya their response is pretty slow relative to the quality control of the products.
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:59:50 AM

Getting really frustrated and regretting my purchase.

On jan 30th, I ordered motherboard, psu and ssd. On feb 5th, website said hurry and get in orders for stuff to ship. I ordered the case, that said it was in stock.

I got my order, no case.. PSU popped on plugin and never worked.. motherboard constantly locks up/freezes.

I was told the cases didn't make it out before Chinese New Year, got it. Totally understand. Was told it would ship after.. Then after CNY i was told early march.. Now its March 20th and I just finally got a tracking # (that currently appears invalid).

Told them psu was bad, no problem we will replace.

Told them motherboard was bad, we did some troubleshooting, was told they'd replace..

When asking for an update on case (and mobo) im again told to troubleshoot board, even though I thought we'd already agreed on a replacement..

I still haven't confirmed all 3 items are coming (at the same time)

so, summary, the stuff i ordered a month and a half ago either never showed or doesn't work and I am getting ticked.

Hey there! Sorry to hear that you had problems with our order. The PSU model you received is now discontinued and we do not offer it anymore, we also sent an email update about it.  I will personally make sure all your problems get sorted out ASAP! We are currently shipping out our March batch and all of our team is working overtime, there might be a slight delay at the moment with emails and replacements. I apologise for this. I will send you a PM regarding your Order details and I will get everything sorted out for you right away!
octominer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 03:02:25 AM

You're best bet of getting any help is either with live help on their site or message the guy that posts on reddit threads. I had to make posts like this and on reddit before my replacement board finally shipped. I know they moved locations recently but ya their response is pretty slow relative to the quality control of the products.

Sorry for the slight delay with handling the replacement for your order, indeed we were moving our office to a new location at that time and it caused a small delay.  Our motherboards defect rate is actually less than 1% and we always make sure all of our clients are happy and satisfied. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
PanneKopp

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

aka ...

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:55:13 AM

any news on faster CPU ?

... please make an educated guess !
octominer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:49:43 PM

any news on faster CPU ?

Hey PanneKopp!

We bought some i7 CPUs and the factory will solder them onto the motherboards for testing soon.
I will post an update here about it.
hakumoo

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:35:21 PM

does anybody use dual atx power supplies with this board? I believe with a regular riser build you want to avoid having a gpu powered by one psu and its riser powered by another. It looks as though this would be  unavoidable with is board, 1 psu would power the board(and its pcie slots) and some gpus while the 2nd psu would be powering the rest of the gpus that were connected to the 1st psus powered pcie slots. would this not be an issue on this board or am I over thinking this?

the rig I would be transferring over uses 2 evga 850 G2's, 4 pcie each that I use for cards now and molex for my risers in current build... would I be able to use molex to 6pin adapters to power the board?

I'm having the same problem understanding how this wouldn't cause issues as well. Does anybody have a definitive answer?
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:48:34 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 04:06:43 PM by crazydane

Has anyone been able to get SimpleRigResetter (SRR) working with this board?

I have a SRR v2 and for the life of me, I can't get the SRR to power cycle this mobo.  For those not familiar with SRR, it is a device that connects to the power LED and power switch pins on a mobo so that it can monitor the current power state, and also turn the mobo on and off.

I know I have the 2 wires for the power LED connected correctly because I can see the virtual power LED in the SRRTool turn from RED to GREEN when the board is powered on, and back to RED again when powered off.

But the 2 wires that connect to the power button pins on the Octominer board do nothing at all.  I tried reversing those 2 wires, but it still didn't work.  The reversing of these 2 pins works on some motherboards since the optoisolator on the SRR only allows current to flow in one direction.

So here's how I have the 4 wires from a port on the SRR connected: (and I have tried several other ports and associated wiring that works with other mobos)

And I have tried reversing the green and yellow wires to no avail as mentioned above.  Perhaps I need to use that unmarked pin below green wire in the above pic instead?

Out of about 10 different motherboards I have tested with SRR, this is only the 2nd one that I can't get working.  The other board is the Biostar Racing Z170-GT7.  The SSR works fine on Asus PRIME Z270-A, MSI Z270A PRO, Colorful C.B250A-BTC 8 slot mobo, Onda B250 D8P-D3 and various other mobos I have tested.

Very curious if others have been able to get SRR to work with the Octominer board.  I can't deploy Octominer based rigs remotely without this feature working.
octominer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 03:49:36 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 04:03:05 PM by octominer

Hey Miners!

We are currently shipping the March batch of orders and are half way done with the shipments. Thank you to everybody who bought from us and supported us!  Smiley
A small update regarding shipping and tracking. We have received many emails from clients asking why the tracking number doesn't work and there is no info about the shipment on DHL website. Usually it takes around 1-2 days for the tracking number to show up in DHL system after we have sent out the shipment.

Let me explain how shipping from Shenzhen, China works with DHL.
First we send out the order from our warehouse, our shipping agent picks it up and then it goes to their warehouse where it will get processed and shipped to Hong Kong. Once it arrives to HK DHL warehouse then it will show up in the DHL system. This whole process usually takes a day or two, it depends on the volume of orders being processed in HK DHL. Our shipping agent is 4PX and actually it is possible to track the order through their tracking system also and there it will show results sooner, you can track the steps before the shipment arrives to HK DHL warehouse.
Shipping time is usually 5-7 days from the date that the order gets picked up from our warehouse.

4PX TRACKING LINK:
https://www.aftership.com/couriers/4px

If anybody needs any more info or updates then please send us an email or contact us through "Live Support" on our website!
Happy mining!
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 03:24:49 AM

Good to see progress being made  Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
aidanjackson

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:48:27 AM

I got mine and when I put a few 1080ti and 1070 next to each other, it's a really tight fit and the GPU would run really hot even though it's open air.  I wouldn't recommend this motherboard if you are worried about heat.  Also bought their 2400w psu and while it's good for the price, it is loud so just be aware of that.
octominer

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 07:15:12 AM

I got mine and when I put a few 1080ti and 1070 next to each other, it's a really tight fit and the GPU would run really hot even though it's open air.  I wouldn't recommend this motherboard if you are worried about heat.  Also bought their 2400w psu and while it's good for the price, it is loud so just be aware of that.

Hey there!
We always recommend to use some fans to blow air onto the GPUs. If you would put the motherboard and GPUs into the case we sell that already has fans inside, then the GPU temps would probably be in the mid 50 to low 60C degrees.
Our PSU fans are more powerful than the average PSU fans to keep the components nice and cool. The lower the temperature of the  capacitors and other electronic components inside the PSU the higher the efficiency and stability.
Let me know if you need any help or assistance to optimise your mining rig.  Smiley
Alecsandro

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:55:58 PM

Anyone tried to using 1x to 4 pci-e adapter with this board (worked fine/can add more cards/limits) ? And using riser if cards are too close ?

hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:56:37 PM

Is there an estimated ship date for the server case (OCTOMINER B8PLUS 4U RACK CHASSIS)? Not in a hurry, but it would be good to know for the order placed on March 6.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
octominer

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 03:11:40 PM

Is there an estimated ship date for the server case (OCTOMINER B8PLUS 4U RACK CHASSIS)? Not in a hurry, but it would be good to know for the order placed on March 6.

Hey !

Your order is currently in processing and will be shipped out in less than a week!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: