Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:38:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU)  (Read 35230 times)
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 07:01:04 AM

Purchased the board, case, and server power supply.  All looking good so far, excited to not be using risers and if we can get this one rig going we'll be buying 8 more setups.  

Working on getting 8 GTX 1060 cards going on W10.  For some reason at cards 5 or 6 W10 starts to have issues.  Everything is solid and stable at 4 cards (sometimes 5) and mines with no issues at this point.

When cards 5+ go into the motherboard I get one of the following issues.

-Windows doesn't load at all.
-Windows will load and then flash on and off, no clickable actions.
-Windows will load and I just get the spinning circle.  I've let this run overnight thinking W10 is doing it's thing but no go.

I've reloaded W10 three times now.  Each time will load with on-board video and then add one gpu.  After Windows loads the drivers I load cards one at a time with a reboot in-between each.  

I've increased virtual memory as well with no go.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

Sounds like a software issue. I also recommend you to run HIVE OS for the ease of use and stability.
Usually the Rig works fine in Win 10 also. You install W10 with 1 GPU, install the GPU drivers, then add all the GPUs and boot up. Sometimes change to some BIOS settings are needed. If you need further assistance then please contact us through Live Chat on the website or send us an email to info@octominer.com
Hope you get it sorted out !
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:55:20 PM

One thing I have found that helps is in the bios change the cpu performance to max turbo boost instead of max non-turbo, helps windows with a bit of extra power. Second if you're running 8 cards, I saw increased performance by going ahead and using all 5 connections for 6 pin power on the board. Once I did that, it ran a bit smoother and had a higher hashrate.
duhjeff

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:13:31 AM

I just got mine.   Got a question for you guys though.

I want to install windows on it however, I only have HDMI and no VGA cable...I tried to put a GPU on it but it won't read....do I really need VGA and can't use GPU to at least look at the screen?
5BTC
Copper Member

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:51:12 AM

Has anyone tried running 8 Vegas on an octominer board?
octominer

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 12:35:50 PM

I just got mine.   Got a question for you guys though.

I want to install windows on it however, I only have HDMI and no VGA cable...I tried to put a GPU on it but it won't read....do I really need VGA and can't use GPU to at least look at the screen?

Hey!
Yes, the only way to get video initially is through VGA. You would need either a HDMI to VGA adapter or a monitor that supports VGA.
After that you can change the settings in BIOS to display through the GPU HDMI port.

An option to get the GPU to display video without a monitor is if you blindly press the right buttons and change the settings in BIOS without the monitor. Please contact our Live Chat through the website and they can try to guide you this process.
octominer

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 07:12:24 PM

Has anyone tried running 8 Vegas on an octominer board?

Yes, we have clients running 8 Vega setups in Windows 10 and it works fine. Smiley
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:46:47 PM

Wish their website had some decent priced 1080ti blower models. Looking to drop some $$$ soon and I want to go riserless..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
inquirybanjoE

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:59:39 PM

It looks interesting and whoever uses it must share the feedback.
LovellaSai

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:35:07 PM

We have to fit it to the motherboard and the thing is to check that completely.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 01:14:36 PM

I've got two of these running WIN now, one a cryptonight rig with 8 MSI RX550 I was really nervous that the board wouldn't be able to handle the start up power but with bios mods it's sailing along. The other with 8 Galax 1050 TI the 1050 TI rig runs with the Octominer ATX power supply.

Both builds took under 15min including unboxing etc which is epic.

RX550 rig is getting stable 3960 H/s @ 411W at the wall from a coolermaster V850 and the cards are running ridiculously cool around 52-5 C which is only 20 or so C above ambient on a regular day here..

1050 TI is doing  4Mh/s Neoscrypt / 121Mh/s Eth @ 624W at the wall from Octominer's PSU with cards running nice and cool around 67-9 C which given the ambient temps here is brilliant.

I haven't done anything sexy just used rubber kids playmats, dumped them on tables and built the rigs right to the edge of that. The playmats are exactly the right thickness for two slot GPUS to support themselves on the table underneath with close to 0 droop. Ventilation from my rig room is just two overpowered stand fans sucking air out the window and bringing up cool air from downstairs.

This beats the everliving crap out of building junk/dinosaur rigs which I've been doing for ages.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
redshiftexpensive

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:40:47 PM

The spots wood will definitely design a frame for that if there are good reviews about it.
octominer

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 08:06:18 AM

I've got two of these running WIN now, one a cryptonight rig with 8 MSI RX550 I was really nervous that the board wouldn't be able to handle the start up power but with bios mods it's sailing along. The other with 8 Galax 1050 TI the 1050 TI rig runs with the Octominer ATX power supply.

RX550 rig is getting stable 3960 H/s @ 411W at the wall from a coolermaster V850 and the cards are running ridiculously cool around 52-5 C which is only 20 or so C above ambient on a regular day here..

1050 TI is doing  4Mh/s Neoscrypt / 121Mh/s Eth @ 624W at the wall from Octominer's PSU with cards running nice and cool around 67-9 C which given the ambient temps here is brilliant.

I haven't done anything sexy just used rubber kids playmats, dumped them on tables and built the rigs right to the edge of that. The playmats are exactly the right thickness for two slot GPUS to support themselves on the table underneath with close to 0 droop. Ventilation from my rig room is just two overpowered stand fans sucking air out the window and bringing up cool air from downstairs.

This beats the everliving crap out of building junk/dinosaur rigs which I've been doing for ages.

That's great! Thanks for the feedback.
In general how's your experience with the Octominer motherboards compared to your previous rigs ? Smiley
pubmongrelT

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:14:27 PM

I am new to mining and I am trying to learn things here by observing. Please help when needed.
octominer

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 12:10:07 PM

I am new to mining and I am trying to learn things here by observing. Please help when needed.

No problem.
We also have Live Chat on our website if you need assistance setting up your miner!  Smiley
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 02:17:46 PM
Merited by CjMapope (1)

In general how's your experience with the Octominer motherboards compared to your previous rigs ? Smiley

They're more expensive in terms of outlay however, 15min 8 GPU builds including getting WIN/Ubuntu installs started there is an enormous saving on time. I've been buying used 2-4 slot complete machines and used everything from duct tape, to bailing wire, to hacksaw case mods to put them together and it's just not worth it.

The math works like this:

75$ For a used 2 slot PC with the works including a 500W PSU.
12$ For a decent riser and 1 or 2 molex - pcie converters.
2$ For a bamboo dish rack that holds up to 4 GPUs.

89$ Total.

So 356$ for the equivalent of an Octominer going by number of slots.

555$ For "Complete" Octominer set up 8Gb Ram 120Gb M2 1650W Atx.

Sure, it's roughly a 200$ price difference, however it's 3 less installs to do, it takes up a lot less space etc. You don't have to hacksaw and drill a crappy case to add a fan to it etc.

Yes, you can run scripts etc if everything is linux and if I were doing this full time I would be. However, at my hobby level with the Mrs running things when I'm not here, this makes an awful lot of sense and raises the pleasure level significantly.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
tharp

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:26:18 PM

They're more expensive in terms of outlay however, 15min 8 GPU builds including getting WIN/Ubuntu installs started there is an enormous saving on time. I've been buying used 2-4 slot complete machines and used everything from duct tape, to bailing wire, to hacksaw case mods to put them together and it's just not worth it.

89$ Total.

Sure, it's roughly a 200$ price difference, however it's 3 less installs to do, it takes up a lot less space etc. You don't have to hacksaw and drill a crappy case to add a fan to it etc.

Yes, you can run scripts etc if everything is linux and if I were doing this full time I would be. However, at my hobby level with the Mrs running things when I'm not here, this makes an awful lot of sense and raises the pleasure level significantly.

THIS^^

The amount of time saved from the builds with the octominer case is huge. I bought 18 complete setups recently and I can tell you that going from the open rig concept with risers (PITA) to the octominer setup made things so much easier. Also I'm going more dense in my setup and needed a better way to control the air flow in my shed (12 X 16 X 8H with barntop). I have 450A service being installed this weekend and 42 Avalon 741's to setup along with 20 Avalon 841's.

Anyways thanks octominer for your great product and service. I'll be posting photos of the completed setup once its all said and done.

-Tim
octominer

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 05:23:58 PM

89$ Total.

THIS^^

The amount of time saved from the builds with the octominer case is huge. I bought 18 complete setups recently and I can tell you that going from the open rig concept with risers (PITA) to the octominer setup made things so much easier. Also I'm going more dense in my setup and needed a better way to control the air flow in my shed (12 X 16 X 8H with barntop). I have 450A service being installed this weekend and 42 Avalon 741's to setup along with 20 Avalon 841's.

Anyways thanks octominer for your great product and service. I'll be posting photos of the completed setup once its all said and done.

-Tim

Hey Tim!

Thanks for the feedback!  Looking forward to the photos. Smiley
ribm4

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:28:20 PM

I am just very curious about the kind of memory it will take as I have just ordered one.
octominer

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 07:24:01 PM

I am just very curious about the kind of memory it will take as I have just ordered one.

Usually we recommend our customers to also buy the RAM from us, since we have the best price online for RAM anyway. This way it will 100% work with the motherboard.
We recommend Micron DDR3L  PC4 2400T
https://octominer.com/shop/micron-ddr4-so-dimm-ram-4gb/
RsvTu

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:32:11 AM

Overall very nice experiences from Octo products and their support.

Prices are very good and if you think the support you get vs. almost anything else in crypto business. 90% of crypto companies have awful websites, slow, buggy. Slow and bad customer service, Octo have good working website, 5/5 star customer service.

Im running currenctly ~250GPUs and some with octo (some not since they dont fit the board), some octo boards with case and some without but im thinking to get case to all of them since when i do quick math:

~230€ octo case you get fast setup, great airflow and easier to plan airflow since flow direction is straight and simple. It adds ~170€ to 8GPU rig price (50€ metal normal rig rack i pay here) but in long run i think its worth it (less heat, longer lifetime and less crashes to gpus).

Just my thoughts on their products and keep up the good work Smiley.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: