Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:28:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5469 times)
Greedy squirrel

Activity: 296
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:44:56 PM

There is a big difference between a good project and a project that brings good profits. A large number of participants in groups tells me only about the popularity and possible manipulation of the developers. I'm not sure that such a project will bring me a profit.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:50:44 PM

That's what it looks like telegram is where all the coin talks are starting up at.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
JRDuran

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:54:06 PM

It could be too, because from here you can know how the dev, investors and interested investors is active. That is why you can easily know of the project is a scam or not.
Hammerman

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:01:44 PM

A large number of participants and subscribers can be very deceptive. In my humble opinion, this is the last point, what you need to pay attention to when choosing an investment object. You can look at the number of participants in the telegram groups of different stupid airdrops and you will understand everything. It is necessary to look at absolutely other things when choosing.
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:11:59 PM

It could be too, because from here you can know how the dev, investors and interested investors is active. That is why you can easily know of the project is a scam or not.

Every time I join in ICO I'm always updated in the telegram because this is my way to know more about the future of the coin, the telegram will really help us because we can ask dev about our concern and they answer us.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:27:15 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

Yes, surely telegram is a measure to check ICO success rate.

The number of followers in an ICO telegram is a sure shot way to judge its popularity and grasp in the market. Followers are either taking part in the ICO or planning to take part and currently on telegram to check the performance of that particular ICO.

Also, the telegram is a great way to interact with ICO admin directly and this interaction usually reflect in great success.

Telegram users can be easily manipulated, if you are participating in a serious ico don't use the telegram numbers as some sort of measurement.
erox

Merit: 106

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:36:17 PM

I believe that you are right. The success of the ico is dependent on people's interest in the project, and of course if it will be of interest to them it will manifest in their activity in social networks and group telegram.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
boss82_big

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:38:23 PM

In my opinion, this is one of the criteria for choosing ISO, the more people signed up there is a productive dialogue, the higher the rating I give them
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:50:37 PM

I believe that you are right. The success of the ico is dependent on people's interest in the project, and of course if it will be of interest to them it will manifest in their activity in social networks and group telegram.

Absolutely right, it is not the telegram a basis of measuring the ICO to be success in campaign. But the peoples interest in the project. Telegram is only a networks that entertain the investors on how they can joined the presale of the product, and investing procedures. They are the only one that organized the concerned of the members especially on updates of payments and dates of distribution.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:51:45 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 02:35:54 AM by dark08
Merited by RACallanta (1)

Every time I join in ICO I'm always updated in the telegram because this is my way to know more about the future of the coin, the telegram will really help us because we can ask dev about our concern and they answer us.

Hmm Based on what I see telegram right now are really helpful to communicate with the project Developer its also attract more investor if they see a number of member that joining in that channel but it cannot measure if the ico project will became successful because its only a social media platform to communicate with each other.
Take note some ico bounty campaign required to joined in their telegram group but even theres alot of member in telegram no one can assure if the project can be success.

guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:52:04 PM

It seems yes, it is one of the most important standard these days to justify whether a project is hot or not.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:58:13 PM

I think Telegram can not serve as a measure of the success of a project being developed by the ICO because Telegram is just one of the social media platforms that connects everyone around the world in order to promote a project being developed by the ICO. as many other social media platforms of course will be used for a promotional tool about developing a project like some other social media platform that is facebook tweeter and surely there will be more to promote a project. and from some of the social media I mentioned that is to promote a project of taste will not be able to guarantee the success of a project without a great team playing a role in the project.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:17:47 PM

I think Telegram can not serve as a measure of the success of a project being developed by the ICO because Telegram is just one of the social media platforms that connects everyone around the world in order to promote a project being developed by the ICO. as many other social media platforms of course will be used for a promotional tool about developing a project like some other social media platform that is facebook tweeter and surely there will be more to promote a project. and from some of the social media I mentioned that is to promote a project of taste will not be able to guarantee the success of a project without a great team playing a role in the project.
But the presence of a good team does not guarantee success of a project. I believe that success depends on their idea and belief of investors in their implementation and existence of a project in the future. This is measured by HYIP around a project. Telegram groups help to measure this level of HYIP and check whether it is artificial or not.
bukikbarisan

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:19:39 PM

Telegram is a way of communication, telegram is used in many countries of the world, and some such as in a mine is completely unknown.
This is a social media platform if you run it on your phone, your opinion about crypto and ICO, this is another promotion way like twitter and facebook.
iloveturtles

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:08:28 PM

I think its a plus for sure as it shows a big strong community, but I wouldn't invest solely on the amount of people in their telegram. Remember bounty campaigns usually include a section for joining their telegram.

But if an ICO has 1,000s of users on their telegram before the launch of their pre-sale, I am a little impressive with their marketing and community building.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1589

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:28:20 PM

My only question is: why Telegram? Why did it become the de facto main platform for ICOs? Why not discord for example?

It is obvious, telegram asks for a unique telephone number, so the number of fake users is limited. Yes, you can probably have 2 numbers, but you can't create them out of the air, so most users are real, as opposed to facebook twitter and other media.

Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:47:26 PM

Telegram is popular with ICOs because it helps administrators deliver content to a target group within seconds. And all the group members are guaranteed to receive the information. telegram does't need peoples' reposts like twitter or fb to spread the information.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:52:41 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/
Telegram numbers of members doesn't justify the success of ICO. I've seen a lot of ICO that has only few members but successfully achieved its  hardcap like adbank who only have more than 5k members. It still depends on the marketing strategy that they are doing.

pergola

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:49:55 PM

For me, in the evaluation of the ICO, the activity in the telegram of the project channel is very important. The telegram channel should have adequate questions, and managers should quickly answer questions and solve emerging issues.

Melfoy72

Activity: 196

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:39:07 PM

It could be greatest ICO but:
'...ICO or not ICO. that is the question.' Smiley

May be it will be better for Telegram to be listed on real stocks market? (IPO)
Like Amazon, Twitter or Snapchat.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: