Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:12:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5463 times)
The_White_RabbitBTC

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:50:14 PM

To an extent, telegram is the major determinant of a project success. For example now, an active telegram group with a large number of members shows how good the project with their marketing strategy. Also the activities and interaction happening in the group shows how active the project community is. An active project community tends to do well. To me it's a major determinant of a project success.

I do agree with this and disagree at the same time. I'd say group not necessarily should be big but proactive. In lot of them i see people only asking about the price/future price of the token. They have never read even a summary about a project, not to mention whitepaper. Lambos, moon, $$$ is the most important topic for most of them.

I'd say look how active the group users and admins are, are you being answered questions, do you get frequent updates, etc.
Melodimayy

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:56:08 PM

your opinion in this topic is kinda true that one indicator of the ICO being success is supportive community, responsive admin, etc. when the social media and telegram chat is kinda smooth, then there's less doubt that the ICO will be success. behaviour of the community in X ICO could be the indicator of successful ICO. #CMIIW
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:59:07 PM

It definetely is. I cannot believe that you could be an ICO investor or even crypto investor without having access to Telegram. So much groups with 40 000+ people who are manipulated and you have to make proper conclusions.
I believe telegram these days contributes the success of a certain Ico. People joined mostly in telegram to know the updates of the project. Also, good to joined telegram groups you will know the whole development without it you are blank to the next step of an Ico.
I fully agree with you that the Telegram is a very modern and useful program, thanks to which we almost always know the latest news. But still I do not understand, she's free. On what money Pavel Durov, contains telegrams?
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:06:14 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

This app simply allows developers and investors to communicate in real time manner. Telegram is not loaded with ads, there are no complicated rules except established by channel owners. This is just the most convenient application for such purposes. And ...yes. The number of participants is an indicator but an indicator of ad campaign's quality and people's interest.
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:49:35 PM

Most telegram groups are useless, people asking the same questions not even bothered to look at the pinned message. Most common question is When moon? Is it moon? C'mon "coin_name" do something, When lambo? and stickers with Pepe the frog. Sometimes posting dancing people when slight price increase.
The only one I stay beside bounty and airdrop ones is Nexus coin group. Very mature community and people are helpful. Unfortunately, main support is on Slack, which I hate for vulnerability to spam. Telegram is a great platform, but most groups are toxic and immature.
Ecex.Exchange

Activity: 1148
Merit: 10

https://ecex.exchange/ — First Crypto Depository

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:07:04 PM

We made additional bounty functionality to our ecex.exchange platform project: Ziggurat token TELEGRAM BOUNTY - JOIN OUR CHANNEL AND GET 30 ZIG

IN-HOUSE BOUNTY  https://ecex.exchange

Telegram https://t.me/ZigguratICO

Ecex.Exchange ▮ Your Simple Powerful Trading & Swap Tool ▮ Ecex.Exchange
Listings ▮▮ Listings
TwitterInstagramFacebookTelegramReddit
Jraf95

Activity: 170
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:22:16 PM

I think Telegram is not a measure of ICO success though it is a great help of the team to communicate with the whole group. Aside from this, with Telegram, the members of the team will be updated about the project they are joining.
For me telegram for now is the one way of measurements as they used telegram one of the bounty rules and also you can earn through by joining telegram asside from signature, social media and translation. I think it's there new way of measurement and to be more progressive and to know how honest the user is in their campaign that they only used one account.
CokeCoin

Activity: 235

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:33:49 PM

I'm waiting for this project. I think it will not collect only the hype but also a bunch of tokens. Cheesy

YajairaSN

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:44:07 PM

While the whole world is just starting to install Telegram, there's already a trade inside the messenger itself, as on the market on Sunday.
Only this market has to go so far with closed eyes to the touch (I hope, soon will enter a suitable search) but still find good ico projects.
magle

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:48:14 PM

Many of the people on Telegram don't have any money or only have a small amount invested.

At least if there is Telegram bounties, that attract a lot of inactive users.

So I will not say that it is a direct give away if it will be successfully or not.

However it would typically mean that the ICO will be able to raise a decent amount of money.

But that does not mean the project will be successful, that is all down to the execution of the team.
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:52:13 PM

I think the telegraph group is an important reference standard.
Because of the number and activity level of the telegram group, you can find most people's views on the ICO project and the prospect of the ICO project.

batmanbabushka

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:53:16 PM

I think it can be considered a positive, but that is it. Do not base an investment into this. Remember that some ICOs have a bounty for joining their telegram, so 80% of those users could be there just to get some free coins and not actually contribute / invest into the project.
Rambukwelle

Activity: 313

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:56:16 PM

Never give a value to an ICO from it's telegram numbers. Even a $20 airdrop notice in crypto world can give you 25k Telemgram members. So in that way a scam ICO also can maximize their Telegram members. Always look for the Concept , Team and market cap when You Research an ICO.

✦ ORET ✦
❝ Gold Mining & Blockchain Technology ❞
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:57:54 PM

No, not at all. Adding fake profiles is quite possible. It is not a metric of success.
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:03:04 PM

I wouldn't judge solely based on telegram group users. It's one of the many criteria, definitely not the most important one. I'm always trying to get bigger picture on the whole project, including team, white paper, community etc. Then when I have the main criteria ticked, I go in for the investment.
Strongball

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:10:04 PM

I believe it helps a little bit, it's a form of social media whose function is to provide communication
to it's members and participants. It's another tool that aids ICOs and it's investors, bestows them conveyance to
designated goal, gives updates, news and eventually to it's goals. To me it's a like a support community. It's too early
and surreal to speculate that telegram really does measure an ICO's prosperity, however there is that interaction within it, which
positively can contribute to an aspiring ICO it's success.
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:17:08 PM

Well it does seem so, a lot of serious initiatives are now put into place to make telegram a large vocal point for ICO's. It is a great mechanism to let the community directly converse with team members of the ICO project and will secure stability.. and will end all FUD around these projects.

tigrhes

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:20:12 PM

Before investing in any ico the first thing that i watch is how the team is active in telegram and how many members, obviously if the project just started you cant except that much
ansh_848

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:21:04 PM

Telegram is also a part of so many bounties or ICO and yes it makes a company huge profit because the main thing is we can clear our dues and queries from them which may be the bounty manager or admin of the group. They use to post every actievement there and makes the people trusty about the company.
Glaseseye

Activity: 88
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:37:10 PM

Indeed many ICOs use Telegram as a channel communication tool to interact with their project member communities. Telegram has recently become popular as an election tool for traders. ICO Telegram has been set token holders to run their token sales project in the largest history of ICO. The token owner will send a short message to their members if the ICO is successful, it will also send you about the potential of blockchain technology. Telegram could also be a determinant for the success of an ICO project. A number of ICO groups and many members, Also activities and interactions that occur in one group. An active community is up and running. This could be the deciding factor in the success of an ICO project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: