Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:22:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5463 times)
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:38:46 AM

I don't thinkso, what helped telelgram is the flaws that was being exploited in Slack because slack was the first go to platform for most of these ICOs and if you visit most of these telelgram groups now you will see bots really in action at first hand
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:42:14 AM

I don't think so, because many of the ICO project telegram people number of groups although many, but most look like fake accounts, because so many people in one group but just dozens of people chat one day.

NataTahur

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:00:50 AM

I believe that telegrams can be considered as a criterion for the success of a project. But only as one of the criteria. The more people participate in the discussion of the project, the more successful the project. I also consider the security level of the telegram to be high. I learn about many new projects from a telegram.
boss82_big

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:03:42 AM

This is the reason why, in recent years, I began to substitute more participants in the groups in the telegram, the more promising and more popular the project itself, as well as whether there is still a lack of dialogue with this group.
Deancooel1

Activity: 151

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:09:51 AM

social media does have a big impact on a project, just look at now a lot of airdrop using social media and most of all is telegram
kaineh

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:12:06 AM

Really, very much untwisted brand. But what does the project bring with it? What are the real goals of the project and what product does it create? The answers to these questions are very important for understanding the possible future value
Distinctin

Activity: 2814
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:18:37 AM

Really, very much untwisted brand. But what does the project bring with it? What are the real goals of the project and what product does it create? The answers to these questions are very important for understanding the possible future value
Telegram is just one way to measure the success of an ICO but we should not only look at this factor alone as there are a lot of factors to consider,
still the team is very important, if they have a good reputation the better as its easy to make a white paper and conduct a more aggressive marketing strategy.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
porfenovich

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:39:30 AM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

Can't agree. It's maybe one criterion out of hundreds, but that's it. ICOs that are complete scams may have a huge group in Telegram but it's useless. On the contrary, such Telegram groups indicate how flexible the team is and that its members are ready for communication.
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:06:01 PM

The telegraph had a great influence on ICO.

Some projects are funded by signing up to join the telegraph group to get tokens!

This increased the number of telegraph groups in the short term!

With a certain number of people, administrators can promote their projects in the telegraph group!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
ternyabin

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:48:55 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

Can't agree. It's maybe one criterion out of hundreds, but that's it. ICOs that are complete scams may have a huge group in Telegram but it's useless. On the contrary, such Telegram groups indicate how flexible the team is and that its members are ready for communication.
Yes, this is another factor by which one can assess the future success of the ICO. It is important not how large a group and how much there is a lot of spam, it is important that the group was discussing real questions about the project.
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:56:09 PM

Well telegram has a role to play, although i have seen some projects with massive telegram followers or community members, but ICO was a mess... also there are some other ICOs with projects which are by the way very solid projects with smaller telegram community members, but turn out to have very successful ICO and ultimately very good performing token in the market.
so telegram is not necessarily the only measure of ICO success.

Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:02:45 PM

For me telegram utility is a mistery: I'm in some groups, where there are hundreds or thousands messages daily, and of course you can't read them all.
So, I suspect that - to have a big telegram group - is just a way for an ICO to show its power, without any real benefit.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
IgniHash

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:04:30 PM

I do the same. A few years ago, many ICOs used slack or discord as their social media. But now, I can say Telegram member become the new standard to judge some ICO.
That's the fact. I joined some ICO with low telegram member group, and finally that ico returns to failed.

qtronix

Activity: 596
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:07:24 PM

Yes, telegrams are very popular in the field of crypto-currency. It is said that the creator of the telegram wants to hold its ICO, will issue a TON crypto currency, which will push VISA out of the market.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:50:09 PM

To an extent, telegram is the major determinant of a project success. For example now, an active telegram group with a large number of members shows how good the project with their marketing strategy. Also the activities and interaction happening in the group shows how active the project community is. An active project community tends to do well. To me it's a major determinant of a project success.
Most ICOs use Telegram as a channel to interact with their communities.I think,Telegram becomes popular as the estimator tool of choice for the traders.Telegram is set to run the largest token sale in the history of ICOs. Industry players note that should this ICO succeed, it will send a strong message about the potential of blockchain technology.For that telegram,in my personal opinion is the new measurement of an ICO project success.
Have they announced further information about the tokensale or its still speculations?  If the ICO is true it will definitely be successful as it will sell out in a couple of minutes. Telegram is already a great platform and a lot of people will like to buy into the tokensale if they eventually decide to launch it.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:51:50 PM

I agree. A telegram group is useful only if it is very small, max 40/50 people, or if it acts as a kind of newsletter, where only the owner can post just to announce important news.
Otherwise it's just a chaotic flow of messages absolutely meanigless.

For me telegram utility is a mistery: I'm in some groups, where there are hundreds or thousands messages daily, and of course you can't read them all.
So, I suspect that - to have a big telegram group - is just a way for an ICO to show its power, without any real benefit.
azhariejaya

Activity: 546
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:32:36 PM

yes, I always judge a project will be successful or not from the number of followers in social media, one of them is telegram, the more interaction between potential investors and developers will be better, this could be one reference to success or failure of a project.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:30:14 PM

In theory a good number of members in the Telegram group of an ICO should be a good indicator of its potential of success, but - knowing this - it's very simple to fake this number.
Actually, you can buy thousands and thousands of fake members in the same way you can buy likes on facebook, just to make people believe how popular you are.
Of course, this is not necessarily true, and may be the members are real, but I didn't take a big telegram group as the only measure of success of an ICO.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:53:55 AM

Telegram is not the basis of the success of the ICO it is depends on the marketing strategy that they use. timing is also important as we know that  the market is very volatile and   Bitcoin and Ethereum has an important role in ICO if you use it as a medium for payment.
B!t_Kong

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:39:40 AM

I'm still trying to figure out a way to use it, without having to install the program.
Does FF have a add-on for that.?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: