Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:32:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5462 times)
lenj

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:11:58 AM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

Its not the only factor which make the project success but there are other factors too.
In other case, its true that more people is in telegram channel tell us how the project gain attention from people. Its similar like demand also very high.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:38:07 AM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

Its not the only factor which make the project success but there are other factors too.
In other case, its true that more people is in telegram channel tell us how the project gain attention from people. Its similar like demand also very high.
Since having telegram now is an ease on having transactions, we cam easily disscussed topics there and creates a questions and answer portion, it will eventually helps us to know what we want to do.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:51:15 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 11:07:02 AM by Rrtt

I think Telegram is just one of the many medium in advertising ICO. It helps in any way that a project would have lot of members in it's Telegram group. It's is only a spice to make a project successful. I also think that Facebook would play a greater role in ICO future because through that many people would know about your project. Just my opinion.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:15:12 AM

Well, ICO's success is also due to its participants and the community involved on it. So as to have effective communication for announcements and updates about the ICOs, Telegram has always been the messaging medium that is widely used now.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
landysh007

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:48:14 PM

Well, ICO's success is also due to its participants and the community involved on it. So as to have effective communication for announcements and updates about the ICOs, Telegram has always been the messaging medium that is widely used now.
Yes, it is very convenient to have a permanent connection with the ICO project team through the group in the telegram. If you get quick and clear answers to your questions, as well as all the latest information about the project, it makes you trust the project more.  Wink
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:51:19 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 04:22:45 PM by jpoker272727

Telegram is very much popular, and especially in the crypto world.
Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:52:59 PM

May be a big group on Telegram could be a sign of potential success, but it so simple to fake this number that it's not a good idea to make Telegram grup the only parameter of evaluation.
So, in the meanwhile that a small group is a clear sign of a failure, a big group doesn't mean necessarily a success.
Take care.

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:12:41 PM

Telegram helps a lot in promoting ICO to their investors. It's a way to ask about the project directly to the developer and it gives assurance to the investors that they are legit and not a scammers. So, a lively and interactive telegram can attract investors to participate and be part of their project.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
steviegboots

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:24:05 PM

I think it is only a good sign, but that is it. I would never consider investing into an ICO just because of the amount of followers on a social media platform. Please remember that bounty programs do have the liking / joining their social media.
mikeey89

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

Blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:25:58 PM

Be careful. A lot of Telegram ICO groups do airdrops to people who join to make the community look bigger. A lot of big groups that are silent should be a red flag.
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:36:36 PM

That's a very interesting remark. In fact, the success of any crypto project - be it a coin or an ICO - is directly proportional to the quantity of people who are getting involved. It is the size and quality of the community which determines the value of the relative coin, the first part of this statement is directly stated as according Metcalfe's law on how to calculate the value of a network. So Telegram groups can really give us a glimps on the size of a community and this the success of an ICO - if it is the group of an ICO.
nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:45:27 PM

Social media website has a lot of impact to an ICO because if there are many people joining the telegram discussions it only means that people are interested in the project,plus the ICOs needs a lot of participants in their telegram group to be able to get listed in ICOhotlist,that is why there are telegram bounty campaigns.

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:15:18 PM

This is actually becoming disgusting day by day.

we are seeing ICO gurus talking about how big the telegram groups are of new ICOs, however, most of the participants there are from telegram bounty pool.
People must do their research before investing in ICOs, they must check about the implementation of project in real world, the team behind it, there advisory board, there whitepaper and roadmap and not just from the telegram strength.
CryptoCastle

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:31:30 PM

Now, indeed, many believe that the number of people in the telegram is an indicator of success. But what is it worth to the team to hold a airdrop - free distribution of tokens for joining a group of telegrams.
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:35:48 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 09:23:56 PM by muhdatha

This is actually becoming disgusting day by day.

we are seeing ICO gurus talking about how big the telegram groups are of new ICOs, however, most of the participants there are from telegram bounty pool.
People must do their research before investing in ICOs, they must check about the implementation of project in real world, the team behind it, there advisory board, there whitepaper and roadmap and not just from the telegram strength.

I think in case of Telegram f.ck to advisory board and roadmap and something else. Smiley
All that attributes need only for 'NONAME' ICO without real product ...
Nobody wants to see Michael's Schumaher drivers licence cause all World knows he 'The God of car-driving'.  Smiley  (but not a cool skier unfortunately)
Will you really want to see Shumy's advisors when/if he come back? Wink

greydking

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:51:01 PM

Telegram now is not just a channel for communication, it is a more bigger, they trying to fix mistakes. Telegram will became something really cool.
Zarbout

Activity: 168

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:11:55 PM

You can judge an ICO from its telegram channel because it's the best place where team can interact with investors and supporters. Most of good ICO are having a locked channel for announcements, bounty channel and another channel where team interact with investors.

ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:13:50 PM

I don't think it has any effect on ICO. I saw too many Telegram groups for projects that have thousands of people. Usually you don't even find a quality discussion. I think Telegram groups are waste of time and definitely not a good indicator about the project. You can collect 100k users in Telegram group for a scam project.
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:31:50 PM

It's a builder of credibility for sure. Polymath was a great project that caught a lot of wind. I wouldn't be surprised if their group grew to the 75k limit. I think the ones that grow that much are the good projects. https://t.me/polymathnetwork
Kristen_Colwell

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Digital nomad reporting from the cryptosphere

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 09:32:55 PM

You can judge an ICO from its telegram channel because it's the best place where team can interact with investors and supporters. Most of good ICO are having a locked channel for announcements, bounty channel and another channel where team interact with investors.

And evidence of these Telegram tactics is an indicator that the ICO may have some actual marketing strategy behind it.

Lions, and Tigers, and CRYPTO, Oh My!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: