Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:49:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5463 times)
leland orser

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:06:10 AM

Telegram is, indeed, a reference standard, but most of the time I only care about the discussion of the ICO project in the telegram, if more people talking about the ICO project, means that there are more potential participants, and not a robot.

LillyBogan

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:09:41 AM

No,telegram campaign is only created because some of these ICO review websites requires these new ICOs to have more participants in the telegrams so they can list the ICO,it is measured by the participants in telegram so these new ICOs would be listed or featured in these ICO review sites if they have a lot of participants in their telegram bounty group.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:15:49 AM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

Actually in my opinion,telegram.is only helpul to determine of how many people who join in that ICO campaign and not the main measurement of its success,actually the big impact for me is the bounty campaign,social media, and those marketing strategy of the platform on how they introduce to the market,and how they convience all the  investor to joined there platform exchange and the help of all team in that campaign.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:18:16 AM

No ICO coin has ever achieved any level of success.. ever ...period.

All you are talking about is how the premined / ICO coin prices go up on exchanges.

period.

FUD first & ask questions later™
tigoes

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:08:07 AM

for me it's not measure of successful ICO, it's only measurement of how many hyip created around project
tolkings

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:31:34 AM

for me it's not measure of successful ICO, it's only measurement of how many hyip created around project
For You there is no-for other Yes.
Brunusmagnus

Activity: 158

Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:05:03 PM

The real asset when you are promoting an ICO is your credibility, so you try to gain trust with every means.
And as many people seem to believe that a big Telegram group is a sign of success, of course ICO manager try to build asap a big group.
This is understandable, but it seems to me so simple to fake it, that I don't see any reason to use the group dimension as the only measure of success.

jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:18:35 PM

I big Telegram group does not necessarily equal a solid project. However, what it does indicate is a lot of hype, and hype equals quick profit. I use Telegram to sort out which ICO's are quick flips, and which are long term HODL.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:36:27 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

The problem is that once you use something to measure success it becomes and objective in itself and the ICO promoters start making airdrops and referrals, so you no longer know if it is real interest.

MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:23:17 PM

I do not know what is an important super idea has in itself Telegram ICO. They can collect a fantastically huge amount and have a large number of investors, but I still do not understand why they want to do this. What is the real purpose of this ICO?
jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:52:27 PM

I don't think the telegram user is the reason of success ICO. most of them are bounty hunters though.
but it has an advantage, more user equals more advertising. more advertising of an ico is more likely to have a success.
EricExxo

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:00:21 PM

Telegram or other messengers should be used mostly for the team to quickly answer questions and solve emerging issues. Lately we see a lot of users joining telegram groups to get free tokens. Real ICO investors read whitepaper and analyze the project potential.
Orino Suimuri

Activity: 129

RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:28:26 PM

A big Telegram group COULD be a measure of success, but not the only one.
You know, it's very simple to make a group artificially big, just to show your muscle.
So, check also all the other aspect of an ICO, as the whitepaper, the staff, the project, and so on

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:52:58 PM

I really don't judge an ICO success when it comes to their telegram account because some of this ICO are just accumulating members or people because of their airdrops. That's why they have thousands of members. A successful ICO will be based on how they can handle their advertisement and how they can prove to people that they can really do their project. White Paper and roadmap is one of the best assets of an upcoming ICO for me.
Cryptolupus

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:00:03 PM

Even if can't be the only parameter to evaluate an ICO, a big and active group on telegram is usually a good indicator of potential success.
Then, as already stated, it's better to verify all the other aspects.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
Blockchain's First Payment API (http://go.openmoney.digital/9it9)
strateg_BY

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:18:18 PM

A good reponsive Telegram channel is always required to see if the project is active, having some potential or not.
paradym3

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:21:16 PM

There are a lot of Telegrams that have blown out of proportion and just seem to be a method of the creator/admins to advertise some fake coin alongside their bot which spams airdrops.

There's one i'm following currently that has 17k members that consists of no spam/bots; fortunately - take a look: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2937292

It's for a digital advertising project: Ternio
roblccx

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 10:23:40 PM

I'm part of a bunch of telegram alt coin and ico groups and tbh the set up seems messy and all over the place

I'd much prefer a more structured solution for two way communication between users, investors and the project's team

LCCX - London Crypto Currency Exchange

London Exchange Token (LXT) - Private Pre-sale Live, PM for details
Markyway88

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:26:22 PM

Though it is just a social media, telegram connected people all over the world. It helps for the investors and developers to communicate for the welfare of all. I also set telegram as a standard for a successful ICO because yhe more people joined the telegram, the more it will is popular.
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:28:07 PM

Telegram is globally accepted in most countries in the world. So, Telegram made easy business linkages. As a result of this. It has now been perceived that majority ICO currently are now dependent of Telegram for initializing, projecting and adequately actualizing their success dream. Owing to this, Telegram had been a new measure of ICO success because of its immense contribution in the economy.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: