Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5463 times)
partyzan

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:09:17 PM

Telegram is good way for communication and ICO is the next step to success.
Ido_Liberdy

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:12:38 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

Yes. social media became an important factor these days. but you also need to see that there aren't any false users.
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:16:52 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

I think that this is just a convenient channel for communication with potential investors and their community. The number of subscribers is an indicator of the marketing policy of the company. Of course, on this basis, one can analyze the possibility of project success.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:58:01 PM

Telegram followers can tell something about popularity of the ICO but it is not the measure of ICO success because many telegram subscribers never invest in ICO and many ICO have many followers which do not even exist.

Do not buy ICOs based on telegram numbers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Felimon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:04:03 PM

Telegram is not good way to find know that ico success or not. Many ico doing airdrop, bounty and required participant to join telegram to get rewards so many cheaters born to do that.
BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:07:45 PM

Telegram is not good way to find know that ico success or not. Many ico doing airdrop, bounty and required participant to join telegram to get rewards so many cheaters born to do that.

I don't really think so, it has very ambitious goals but many crypto funds are sitting this one out. Telegram is raising a lot of money which reduces the likelyhood of an impressive return to investors and increases risk in the process.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:15:07 PM

Its definitely an interesting proposal for sure, a lot of people rush to over analysing telegram groups... however there does seem to be a par of approx 7to8k for a good number post ICO. I think some channels however can over subscribe to being over populated either with spam or in fact telegram bounties.

winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:06:46 AM

It's not a measure of success but a measure of hype. It only shows that the level of awareness about the project is high.  This may however have some influence on the price at launch irrespective of whether the project makes sense or not
This, the price will be affected greatly by the amount of hype surrounding a coin, we have seen this many times, worthless icos being pumped by the enthusiasm of the community until the bubble burst and there are a number of users that lose everything that is why while hype can tell you which coin may go up in value it does not tell you anything about how solid is the project.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:17:38 AM

its true we can track what kind of person that manage the ICO by looking at social media. But i dont think we can judge whether the ico have good team from the number of person in telegram group. Sometimes they got so many members on telegram from bounty and the member there only fake people who only seek bounty. But i do still agree that telegram member determined whether the ico is popular or not. The best way to make sure they have a good team is by asking question to the telegram group and you can judge whether they got a good team from the respond they do.

konco kereng

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:36:30 AM

I think for now there are many things that are important and informed by their project about iconya, and this is also including the main factor because malalui all investor information to know clearly the movement of the ico that is taking it.

►► D E A L J O Y - Earn Crypto by shopping online  (https://dealjoy.io)◄◄
TitanAI

Activity: 232
Merit: 32

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:38:18 AM

It is mostly so because of the airdrops or bounty programs that are run by the ICOs. Telegram channels get pumped by bounty hunters or airdroppers. My 2 cents about it.

markers

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:11:12 AM

I started noticing that more and more people consider Telegram group size as one of the factors that show ICO visibility and the level of hype around it. It seems that it should attract people attention, lead to a successful ICO and strong uptrend performance on secondary market.

Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:16:34 AM

It is one tool of ICO success and not measure.
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:08:26 AM

Is it really like that ? certainly difficult to measure, because telegram is definitely needed for direct and fast communication, so it can solve everything quickly and possible followed together.
which certainly is definitely one of the successful components of ICO, it can not be denied.
rucapri0

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:31:01 PM

I strongly doubt that telegram is some unique way of communicating. What's a bad twitter or facebook score?
sakokinak

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:27:01 AM

For me many ICO using telegram for more promoting with thier company , to make it known as well just like twitter and facebook telegram is a part of social media platform that people using. i dont think so if this is a meassurement of success but its good to know if the ICO that we will join is succesful.

Agreed, telegram is one of the most popular in terms of communication and promotion as to be part of the different ICO. It really helps a lot which we can easily to communicate thise bounty manager if there is any concern as well as questions on that particular ICO projects. Also, to be updated on their up coming events or the status of their ICO which you can ask for furthermore announcements.

I also believe that telegram ICO will be one of the most successful projects during the last time. I try not to listen to those so-called experts that foresee that this ICO will die and its coins will have no price.
sazon84

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:51:35 AM

Large chats in telegram are often bots or threaded users.  Therefore, I do not pay attention to the number of participants.  I'm more looking for team responses to questions from participants and updates on the project.  It is also important to pay attention to other social networks - Twitter, FB, Medium.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
borovichok

Activity: 1148
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:14:40 PM

Large chats in telegram are often bots or threaded users.  Therefore, I do not pay attention to the number of participants.  I'm more looking for team responses to questions from participants and updates on the project.  It is also important to pay attention to other social networks - Twitter, FB, Medium.
I agree, I also pay more attention to assessing the quality of questions and answers in the telegram channel, the number of members in the channel is a secondary indicator. I saw projects that solve the problems of investors and bounty hunters in the course of 5-10 minutes. This is a real indicator of the quality of the project.

Stake VIP wager
Wechsler
Copper Member

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

It might be correlated to the team's strength in marketing, but not multipliers which I assume is your measure of success. Nowadays coins with telegram groups with 80k members are still half scammy with dubious partnerships and what not. Whereas I've been in 3k telegram groups which have proven solid with responsiveness and keeping to the milestones. To this day, some of those groups have less than 10k members.  
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:37:50 PM

May be it's my problem, but I'm in some Telegram groups, and I find them completely useless, as all you have is an uninterrupted flow of messages and it's clearly impossible to read them all, even if you stay all the time on it.
And if you close you mobile just for little time, the quantity of unread messages become huge.
So, I really don't understand why a big telegram group should be an indicator of success.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: