Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5463 times)
philadey30

Activity: 158
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:19:51 AM

Yes of course! telegram play a vital role in an ICO, it is the best way to communicate and attract investors to contribute to a project.

When a telegram group has a very high community, i think that will alter the selling rate and brings about success.
laros212

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

https://tokensale.bitwings.org

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 05:07:57 AM

I think just for support community and can be checker total member that was joined support their program..but it not primary to be succesfull program..just make a community their communication about answer and question with investor or supporter program

RakknRoll

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:21:33 AM

No,  because telegram is perfectly  built or created for communication purpose  only.  Telegram is not capable to measure  of  ICO'sucess because  is not well to use in terms  of this.
To make it short it is not gives any assurance for ICO companies.
EasyGoing

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:23:01 AM

Not really, many telegram groups are full of bot, inactive account
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:21:04 AM

We cannot exactly say that telegram is the new measure of ICO success but we also cannot deny the fact that telegram has been one of the best ways for ICOs to get the word out about their projects and get as many people involved as possible. Telegram can also be used to measure the success of an ICO although it does not work all the time
VasiloviKola

Activity: 177

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:23:50 AM

For me telegram is on of the sources to find out new projects and became more aware of them, so maybe the statement is correct.
Anton1105

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 07:37:17 AM

Projects can motivate people to subscribe to their chat (channel) in Telegram with the help of free distribution of a large number of tokens, that is, using airdrop, so I think that not always a large number of subscribers in Telegram means that the project can be successful.
Meteeray

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:42:51 AM

Of course telegram is not the new measure of ICO success. I can even have a group of telegram with thousands of people with a good campaign manager. The thing you said happened 6 months ago.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:43:30 AM

Telegram is just a mass communication of the project to keep the investors in touch with the Admins. So if there's no Telegram on an ICO it's really difficult to contact each individuals and I'm not really promoting the telegram but it is just great and secure app
Pologons

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:08:45 AM

Large chats in telegram are often bots or threaded users.  Therefore, I do not pay attention to the number of participants.  I'm more looking for team responses to questions from participants and updates on the project.  It is also important to pay attention to other social networks - Twitter, FB, Medium.
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:09:47 AM

It's one of the many measures but I think there are better measures to keep track of when talking about ICO success.
Paul karet

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:19:55 AM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/
The livability of the project team in the telegram forum will be its own assessment, in the sense that trust will arise if the team moves to fight for the success of a project.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:55:37 AM

The number of people in a  telegram community is not a measure of an ICO success why because bounties are run for bounty hunters to invite or add their friends to a telegram channel to earn rewards. The number people in the telegram channel does not mean they have invested in the project.
yeuskz999999

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:58:24 PM

I believe that Telegram is a tool that allows investors to communicate with developers without intermediaries. Telegram allows you to quickly get the necessary information about the project and more. But despite all the advantages, Telegram cannot guarantee the success of ICO. Therefore, it should be used only as a source of additional information.
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:02:48 PM

I would not say that . This is really easy to manipulate telegram, specially  by bounties programs. the measurement should be more organic, cross checked with other social media.
SprintX

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:36:13 PM

It can be a nice indicator, but that's all it is.

I am sure you can pay for users and also thy could only be bounty hunters. I think whats more important is if the telegram chat is buzzing ad vibrant.
shana95

Activity: 209

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:27:45 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

Maybe It was earlier... But I don't think it so now. Some projects have 78K members on the telegram group but there is no big success on the project. Only one Airdrop event enough to boost member count to 20,000. that how it working today. Some projects have only around 2000 members. but project moving forward very well. In my experience, I think project success depends on the team. If project moving forward very successfully enough investors will be there. there will not be dummy members on the group.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:34:40 PM

It is sad that bounty campaigns have now moved to Telegram and I can no longer use telegram activity as a predictive feature when analyzing new coins.  At least we still have our other indicators.. or do we?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:41:00 PM

I would not say that . This is really easy to manipulate telegram, specially  by bounties programs. the measurement should be more organic, cross checked with other social media.

That's true, not a reliable way  but if the members are verified and active, maybe. What is important here is a vibrant community and telegram is one of it. There is also discord,and facebook groups. As long as there is a huge number of persons supporting a project, it will succeed,

Open for Campaigns
Fabsquire

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 09:14:36 AM

Exactly. But I think it can still be helpfull to scroll through the Telegram feed and watch the nature of the conversation. If there are a lot of questions from investors and if there answered properly and swiftly. If there is a good discussion I think you can more or less make a picture of the amount of serious investors vs bounty hunters/airdrop members..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: