Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:49:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5467 times)
tyquay356

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:00:45 AM

Large chats in telegram are often bots or threaded users.  Therefore, I do not pay attention to the number of participants.  I'm more looking for team responses to questions from participants and updates on the project.  It is also important to pay attention to other social networks - Twitter, FB, Medium.
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:02:55 AM

Yes, in addition to the telegram, I think the success of the ICO is influenced by many other factors. Sometimes I judge the success of an ICO project by twitter
sugarlady43

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:06:07 PM

I think that's not the fact that the telegram is always jammed with the chat, and so that it is interesting to find out there is a need to put efforts, the withdrawal of telegram is not so successful!
rdzepc

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:10:55 PM

Most of Telegram's members are robots, and spam is being published every day. I can't stand Telegram group. I've removed many groups.
selinairis

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:09:43 AM

it is just one more social media platform to connect with investors and other traders .

it plays better role bcoz here admins can get interacted with people keen to invest in the project . Smiley
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 06:12:37 AM

It all depends, but in telegram you get many active supporters and also admins are much more active now in telegram groups than on this forum. I see many projects here that have no active admins at all after their icos conclude, but they are more active on telegram. Also many icos run airdrops in telegram so they get lots of new users coming for the airdrops, but then if they like the projects they invest in them as well, if they really become believers and liek the projects there. Telegram is becoming the go to meeting place for various coin supporters so that's quite an interesting development. Shame we couldn't invest in the telegram ICO because they made it a private sale for the whales only.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
bamita129

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:59:30 PM

I don't think so, because many of the ICO project telegram people number of groups although many, but most look like fake accounts, because so many people in one group but just dozens of people chat one day.
tyquay356

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:11:07 PM

Base on telegram channel, you can see their marketing team. How they answer all question, promote their project, and make sure for investor; they are one of indicator that the ICO is gonna be success or failed.
LuchikSveta

Activity: 187

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 05:24:48 PM

I am not sure about new mwasure of ICO success, but I really like this social media platform. I get rid of twitter, vk, and especially facebook, so now I use only telegram and completely satisfied with it.

abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 06:26:29 PM

I think so , It helps the ICO on making conversation between the team the investors , bounty hunters and the future investors. Telegram has a bigrole on making an ICO. It greatly helps the marketing manager and the community manager to answer and update the different happenings on the ICO.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
dasha_buka

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:23:44 PM

I don't think so. In the recent year, media such as Twitter, Facebook and Telegraph played a great role in promoting encryption. But a powerful telegram is not a new standard for ICO success. There is not a lot of active users in a large number of telegraph groups, many of them are false users, and many have dozens or even hundreds of telegrams. Such users have no effect on the ICO project.
bohboh

Activity: 499
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:34:22 PM

Telegram is one of the measure but not the real measure for measuring the success of ICO because a Telegram group might have up-to 50k participants and thus, not having a successful project.
Information is intended to be pass out on Telegram by the management to every of their investors and coin holders, and there are some telegram group chat with Bot participant, so Telegram isn't really a way of measuring project succeed.
crypto1nvest

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:09:37 AM

Actually yes telegram one of the key measurement level of hyip around ICO. If we see a large community in telegram group and live conversation I think this ICO has all chance to raise their fund.
buimangai1234

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:59:12 AM

I big Telegram group does not necessarily equal a solid project. However, what it does indicate is a lot of hype, and hype equals quick profit. I use Telegram to sort out which ICO's are quick flips, and which are long term HODL.
juliapham117

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:31:10 PM

I think telegram is a reference standard, but most of the time I only care about the discussion of the ICO project in the telegram, if more people talking about the ICO project, means that there r more potential participants, and not a robot.
richardeames

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:44:10 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

In my opinion, numbers alone do not provide enough value to judge whether the project will be successful. A high level of positive involvement of the group members weights more significant value because they are the genuine community who fully support the project not only there because seeking the opportunity to sell their coins at higher level price. But if you notice closely, it's very probable that most of group members in crypto related telegram group now are bots/passive members, which are sufficient to provide an illusion of successful project while in reality is not the case. We have to be always careful and stay vigilant in this crypto space.
rainypu

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:42:13 AM

It's important to note that almost everything can be faked and scammy nowadays.

So I wouldn't really put a lot of weight on using their telegram as a measure of ICO success.
Boromon

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:52:46 AM

I think that the number of users in the telegram shows people's interest in the project, but popularity of the ICO it is not the measure of ICO success because many telegram subscribers never invest in ICO. But I still belive social media does have a big impact on a project.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:36:51 AM

No it's not. Even looking at signature and bounty campaigns they are basically forcing people to be in their telegram channels before they can participate in the bounty so a projects telegram channel could just be mostly made up of bounty hunters who joined in because that was a rule to participate and not because they actually want to be there so it does not measure the success.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:41:49 AM

I don't think so. The success of a project does not rely on the number of people in the telegram group because not all of those are interested in investing. Some are just brought by airdrops thinking they would acquire huge money out of them. The real basis of a successful ICO is the working product, the team behind it and their roadmap.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: