Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:32:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47770 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:29:16 AM

Have Cointerra done tape out yet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:30:35 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 04:40:49 AM by Vlad2Vlad

They said they did 2 months ago.

That means ZERO!

Edit:  I was referring to BFL.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:33:33 AM

That means ZERO!

Evidence to support that BFL is buying chips from Cointerra?

Evidence that BFL taped out?

Evidence that Cointerra taped out?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:33:33 AM

Once again wrong.  Cointerra has never stated they have either started or completed the tapeout.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:38:20 AM

Once again wrong.  Cointerra has never stated they have either started or completed the tapeout.

My bad.  I thought he was asking about BFL.

Cointerra led on that tapeout was done a couple months ago but they have never outright stated this.  I mean, the chip has to be done by now if they're shipping end product in less than 3 months.  

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:39:52 AM

That means ZERO!

The only evidence for BFL is that they said so.

The only evidence for Cointerra is that their management team is world class and have a top notch reputation with a lot to lose.

I wouldn't touch BFL, but I would buy a Cointerra rig.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:40:11 AM

Cointerra led on that tapeout was done a couple months ago but they have never outright stated this.  I mean, the chip has to be done by now if they're shipping end product in less than 3 months.

BFL has never confirmed they have completed taepout either.  They simply set a vague timeline and the date passed without confirmation.

Why would a chip need to be completed if someone is shipping a miner in 3 months?  It took KNC <7 days to go from chip deliver to first miner shipping.
erk

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:40:59 AM

Once again wrong.  Cointerra has never stated they have either started or completed the tapeout.

My bad.  I thought he was asking about BFL.

Cointerra said on their press release last month that tape out was scheduled for the first week of October, I just want to know if that happened, because that's as late as you would want to be for pre-Xmas shipping.

Bicknellski

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:41:40 AM

That means ZERO!

The only evidence for Cointerra is that their management team is world class and have a top notch reputation with a lot to lose.

Links... proof... etc... stating it doesn't really give me confidence... where are the posts?

So cointerra 0 evidence provided for tape out.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:43:33 AM

Cointerra said on their press release last month that tape out was scheduled for the first week of October, I just want to know if that happened, because that's as late as you would want to be for pre-Xmas shipping.

First week came and went and there was not a peep from Cointerra.  Generally the three largest milestones in an ASIC products are
1) devices shipping
2) chips have arrived
3) tapeout complete

while Cointerra has never come out and said "we haven't completed out tapeout" they have simply said nothing.  Given the huge significance of a completed tapeout (which also signifies NRE costs are complete AND the company has paid for the first batch of wafers) it would be "strange" for a company to complete that milestone and remain silent.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:44:00 AM

That means ZERO!

Links... proof... etc... stating it doesn't really give me confidence... where are the posts?

There is no proof.

Nobody knows if BFL is using Cointerra, there's just no other way they can get 28nm that fast any other way.  So they're either buying from Cointerra (or KNC) or lying their asses off....again.

And there's no proof for Cointerra taping out, you'd have to trust the management's reputation.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:45:49 AM

First week came and went and there was not a peep from Cointerra.  Generally the three largest milestones in an ASIC products are
1) devices shipping
2) chips have arrived
3) tapeout complete

while Cointerra has never come out and said "we haven't completed out tapeout" they have simply said nothing.  Given the huge significance of a completed tapeout (which also signifies NRE costs are complete AND the company has paid for the first batch of wafers) it would be "strange" for a company to complete that milestone and remain silent.

So it looks like they're running behind....as one would expect on such a new product. 

This means BFL will not make its December deadline, unless they're buying from KNC, and paying out the nose.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:46:08 AM

Nobody knows if BFL is using Cointerra, there's just no other way they can get 28nm that fast any other way.

You base this on what?  BFL timeline insn't significantly more aggressive then KNC, Cointerra, HF, or Bitfury. 

I wouldn't touch BFL with a ten foot pole but the idea that there is no other possible option except the unsupported claim you made is just false.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:47:12 AM

1) devices shipping
2) chips have arrived
3) tapeout complete

So it looks like they're running behind....as one would expect on such a new product. 

This means BFL will not make its December deadline, unless they're buying from KNC, and paying out the nose.

No it means if Cointerra is running behind then Cointerra might not meet their deadline.  Nothing more.  The rest is just dubious conjecture on your part.
Bicknellski

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:48:50 AM

So.

No evidence for tapeout of BFL.
No evidence for tapeout of Cointerra.
No evidence whatsoever that BFL has chips on the design board or alternatively an agreement to purchase other fabricators chips.

What we have then is a faux / dummy Monarch card with absolutely 0 evidence from BFL of a chips to marry to it.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:50:07 AM

So.

No evidence for tapeout of BFL.
No evidence for tapeout of Cointerra.
No evidence whatsoever that BFL has chips on the design board or alternatively an agreement to purchase other fabricators chips.

What we have then is a faux / dummy Monarch card with absolutely 0 evidence from BFL of a chips to marry to it.

Correct on all counts.

And to add:  BFL has played this game before and got rich off our crowdfunding....fool me once...

erk

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:52:53 AM

BFL said they did their tape out back in August.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:56:39 AM

BFL said they did their tape out back in August.

Please provide a past tense quote.  IIRC BFL stated the tapeout was scheduled for August.  End of August came and not a peep from them on that.   Cointerra stated they were scheduled to tapeout in first week of Oct and that date passed with not a peep from them. 
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:03:03 AM

1) devices shipping
2) chips have arrived
3) tapeout complete

While I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said and would expect some mention of taping out, if memory serves, KNC taped out and didn't say anything until weeks(?) later after many requests for that information from the forums.  So unless I'm mistaken, there is a precedent of a manufacturer taping out and not making it public knowledge right away.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:04:59 AM

1) devices shipping
2) chips have arrived
3) tapeout complete

While I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said and would expect some mention of taping out, if memory serves, KNC taped out and didn't say anything until weeks(?) later after many requests for that information from the forums.  So unless I'm mistaken, there is a precedent of a manufacturer taping out and not making it public knowledge right away.

Well it has been a week later and multiple people have asked both on the forum and indicated they sent emails with absolute silence coming back from the company.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: