Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:29:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Colossuscoin- 1.5.1 BIG, STRONG, and FRIENDLY  (Read 121076 times)
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:30:55 PM

Your coins are actually left untouched while trading occurs. The buy/sell orders are a seperate ledger. If it wasn't, the blockchain would be many times its current size. Wink

I know that but I don't understand how this changes anything about what I talked about.

I was trying to be clear on how PoS is generated regardless of whether or not the coin is on the market.

Nothing will change so long as we continue to support these scam coins and the greedy exhcanges that list them.

Hellionator

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:31:49 PM

Your coins are actually left untouched while trading occurs. The buy/sell orders are a seperate ledger. If it wasn't, the blockchain would be many times its current size. Wink

I know that but I don't understand how this changes anything about what I talked about.

We are making staking wallets that will normalize all transaction times but they will take 30 days to make. I will also set up a couple nodes for faster sync times.

So I will probably need to wait ~30 days before Cryptsy brings the COL market back online...?
I believe this sounds correct.

→→MPOS POOLS ON SUPERFAST SECURE SERVERS!←←
swiftshoot

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:56:54 AM

I think that the POS Rounds may be too quick and are causing the out of sync issues.  Is there any way to program the PoS to hit a minimum of 2 minute blocks?  This will help stabilize the coin better and any PoS that hits under 120 seconds from the last block is immediately rejected to avoid desyncing issues.

I have seen POS hit 3-4 times in a minute so this may be our issues we are experiencing.  The COL Wallet needs a hard fork, block all previous versions and program the POS to reject all POS hits under 120 seconds.

If the wallet hit a POS in under 120 seconds, it should then retry the POS block again in (120 - block time hit) while keeping the original Nonce hit time to gauge all other POS Hits and see who was first...

there would be lots of POS competition but at least it gives 1 minute for POS block to validate across the world.

Any new POS validation after the 1 minute mark will be auto rejected to give 1 minute buffer time to update the rest of the world as well.

Hope this idea helps.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:16:42 AM

MINT coin seems to work fine with 30 sec block time. At least so far... (it's hard to believe because some pools get close to 50% net hash sometimes which makes desyncronisation even more probable).

I think this is what testnet is for: to test these things before you act, or even better, to understand the problem before you start to fix it.
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:24:20 AM

kill the POS and go strictly pow

boom, I solved ADT's and COL's problems at once

feel free to donate

1JQxSFaRUDRS6wp2yTsw59SEWyuy2UcebW
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:55:36 PM

kill the POS and go strictly pow

boom, I solved ADT's and COL's problems at once

feel free to donate

1JQxSFaRUDRS6wp2yTsw59SEWyuy2UcebW

The problem is that POW would cause bigger issues like inflating the total number of coins and also meaning the TX fees would have to be higher and the coin would need mining power to be secure

janos666

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:10:31 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 04:42:24 AM by janos666

It's just a theoretical idead, but what about a hardfork which sets every coin (which are already exist in that moment when the fork takes place) as stakeable?
This way we could acquire some COL from smaller exchanges and start the PoS mining in less than 30 days.
And I recommand to build in another hardcoded PoS coin age reset, 2 days after the first one, so people who just bought their coins on Cryptsy before their shutdown can enjoy the same benefits as the others from the fist reset.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:07:37 PM

It's a theoretical idead, but what about a hardfork which set every coin (which are already exist in that moment when the fork takes place) as stakeable?
This way we could acquire some COL from smaller exchanges and start the PoS mining in less than 30 days.
And I recommand to build in another hardcoded PoS coin age reset, 2 days after the first one, so people who just bought their coins on Cryptsy before their shutdown can enjoy the same benefits as the others from the fist reset.

Let's do this!  All options are on the table, you should give us a hand with coding. I've compiled a huge amount of resources to work with so let's get this party started!

I'm not sure why Cryptsy can't start trading Col again, all wallets are syncing and all transactions are fully confirmed in under 2 minutes. I've been sending coins back and forth between coinedup, no problems, no wallet issues either.

We are strengthening the network too! Adding more nodes, staking wallets, and setting up a new checkpoint server!

The only thing we are having trouble with is Zack moved a wallet.dat to a new computer and it's showing 0 balance but coinplorer is showing the true balance. I compiled a bunch of the info from earlier in the thread. It's a small amount but will be useful in creating a better guide or a program to do it automatically.
janos666

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:16:06 PM

you should give us a hand with coding

Sorry, it probably was a mistake on my part. I should have made it clear that I am only the dreamer, not the coder guy. You need to allocate some other human resources to that job. Grin

In my early university years, I opted out from the C++ 1O1 mini course when our arabian teacher (who couldn't even speak English, let alone our native language fluidly) hit the "object oriented C" marking in the book. I barely understand a finished code. Sometimes I can bend that to my will by a small amount. But I can't create anything alone from scratch (which includes the process to extend the existing code with brand new functions).

I'm not sure why Cryptsy can't start trading Col again, all wallets are syncing and all transactions are fully confirmed in under 2 minutes. I've been sending coins back and forth between coinedup, no problems, no wallet issues either.

If the network is stable as is, then there is no need to change anything. We only need to prove this to those who think it is not.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:57:06 AM

you should give us a hand with coding

Sorry, it probably was a mistake on my part. I should have made it clear that I am only the dreamer, not the coder guy. You need to allocate some other human resources to that job. Grin

In my early university years, I opted out from the C++ 1O1 mini course when our arabian teacher (who couldn't even speak English, let alone our native language fluidly) hit the "object oriented C" marking in the book. I barely understand a finished code. Sometimes I can bend that to my will by a small amount. But I can't create anything alone from scratch (which includes the process to extend the existing code with brand new functions).

If the network is stable as is, then there is no need to change anything. We only need to prove this to those who think it is not.

I found a full guide for creating a new blockchain which would be useful, we can probably get right up to the coding and testing part. Bit John said they are going to put Col back up next week but we could see it go down again. In theory our staking wallets should do the trick too but won't see the results for a little while yet.

I'm a dreamer too but I believe that enough people with big ideas and determination can achieve anything.

I also have been searching through for local coders but we can also freelance through a few major sites.
toolatetoberich?

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:20:53 AM

aaand its gone again.

Strange, I'd be interested to understand why it seems to just be Cryptsy having these problems, these things aren't good for anyone.

Crypsy is the only one experiencing this problem with COL, and they're holding everyones COL  and claiming it's to protect everyone, and it's been a long time since they've made any public update somewhere a person would actually read ie twitter about refusing people access to their coins.  This just doesn't add up, the only public update was a complete lie 12 days ago about COL coming back online shortly, I'm surprised there aren't more people in this thread showing concern, then again its crypto so I guess I'm not.  Crypsy is probably using it as an experiment to see if they can just blatantly steal coins from people with near zero explanation and no fallout whatsoever, guess what they can.

BTC:  1HBoEYQxVBxzZUq42zkFzCYS1656yGTSCp
qwerty923

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:42:32 PM

aaand its gone again.

Strange, I'd be interested to understand why it seems to just be Cryptsy having these problems, these things aren't good for anyone.

Crypsy is the only one experiencing this problem with COL, and they're holding everyones COL  and claiming it's to protect everyone, and it's been a long time since they've made any public update somewhere a person would actually read ie twitter about refusing people access to their coins.  This just doesn't add up, the only public update was a complete lie 12 days ago about COL coming back online shortly, I'm surprised there aren't more people in this thread showing concern, then again its crypto so I guess I'm not.  Crypsy is probably using it as an experiment to see if they can just blatantly steal coins from people with near zero explanation and no fallout whatsoever, guess what they can.

Crypsy Angry Angry Angry
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:15:48 PM

My cryptsy account is locked, they tell me its because I have a negative balance on BTC/COL but there is no BTC/COL listed any longer! My BTC/COL balance is like -0.0000001

Can someone PLEASE send me a single BTC/COL to my Cryptsy deposit address, my Cryptsy trade key is:

7bb62ae8f273df06aff42bc7e5b1c29b75b2786a

I have tried with Cryptsy support for FIVE DAYS with no sensible response - this is CRAZY!!!

Thank you if someone can help, I will send you some TIPS or MINTCOIN in response.
aulonocara

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:19:39 PM

I would gladly help you out but my couple of hundred mil are locked down in cryptsy where I can't touch them!
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:20:14 PM

I would gladly help you out but my couple of hundred mil are locked down in cryptsy where I can't touch them!

Oh thanks, my whole Cryptsy account is locked, I cannot withdraw anything because I have -0.0000001 BTC/COL in my account.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:53:29 PM

aaand its gone again.

Cryptsy is an established business so they aren't going to do things to screw people over, they are not going to steal people's coins. Bit John has gone out of his way to help us on many occasions so if it's their fraud system taking the trading pair down then we do everything we can to make things easier for Cryptsy. This isn't the same as when Col started out and people could just mine tons of coins, everyone has to buy coins now so the stakes are much higher.

Cryptsy is a traditional system trying to connect to blockchain systems, like trying to fit a square into a circle. We could mount an assault on Cryptsy to force them to get our wallets back up but then they would just stop trading Col afterwards because we can't cooperate. I would rather collect all information and do everything in my power to make things easier for Cryptsy, no sense in burning bridges.

The trade halt thing is definitely not ideal, I've got a fair bit stuck as well and want to help them get it back trading as quickly as possible but I'm in this for the long haul so I'm quite cautious. Lots of people just think I own the foundation or am one of the leaders because I post so much, I'm just an active investor and I care about what happens because I've become good friends with everyone. Naysayers be damned, we're all going to the moon.
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:32:46 AM

The IRC channel used to connect clients is no longer accepting colossuscoin connections.

Code:
IRC SENDING: NICK u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3

IRC SENDING: USER u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3 8 * : u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3

IRC :irc.cccp-project.net NOTICE AUTH :*** No Ident response
IRC :irc.cccp-project.net NOTICE u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3 :*** Banned Temporary K-line 4320 min. - [G][netsec] [u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3!~u7r6iEcbN@CPE-************.juk3.wel.somewhere.net: u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3] has been matched to a known bot pattern r#393 (Bitcoin Clients - http://s.rizon.net/peercoin)

The warning was also given here https://github.com/Sudo23/Infinitecoin-V2/issues/35

For some reason I have still got permissions to the github to I pushed the commit, the new client needs to be built.

https://github.com/Sudo23/Infinitecoin-V2/commit/2f78aba3ee2813a094a90626e98f50e2a19fe283

Your clients will start talking through IRC again.

This problem also exists in ADT and STAR.

You really need to add a new checkpoint server with new key and wallet.

So i'll go back to my scammer tag while I continue to do these unthanked works as I have done in the last 8 months for this community. As I said the communitys full of fucktards and scammers i.e. Hippie Tech.

You silly idiots would rather have a whinging vegetation that contributes fuck all than a decent person that had continually helped, saved and protected millions of dollars of your investment.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:46:13 AM

The IRC channel used to connect clients is no longer accepting colossuscoin connections.

Code:
IRC SENDING: NICK u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3

IRC SENDING: USER u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3 8 * : u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3

IRC :irc.cccp-project.net NOTICE AUTH :*** No Ident response
IRC :irc.cccp-project.net NOTICE u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3 :*** Banned Temporary K-line 4320 min. - [G][netsec] [u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3!~u7r6iEcbN@CPE-************.juk3.wel.somewhere.net: u7r6iEcbNbMhwA3] has been matched to a known bot pattern r#393 (Bitcoin Clients - http://s.rizon.net/peercoin)

The warning was also given here https://github.com/Sudo23/Infinitecoin-V2/issues/35

For some reason I have still got permissions to the github to I pushed the commit, the new client needs to be built.

https://github.com/Sudo23/Infinitecoin-V2/commit/2f78aba3ee2813a094a90626e98f50e2a19fe283

Your clients will start talking through IRC again.

This problem also exists in ADT and STAR.

You really need to add a new checkpoint server with new key and wallet.

So i'll go back to my scammer tag while I continue to do these unthanked works as I have done in the last 8 months for this community. As I said the communitys full of fucktards and scammers i.e. Hippie Tech.

You silly idiots would rather have a whinging vegetation that contributes fuck all than a decent person that had continually helped, saved and protected millions of dollars of your investment.

Everyone from Colossuscoin appreciates your work, I'll make sure to send you some btc for your help. Just ignore Hippie Tech, he owns ColossusCoins yet is constantly trying to devalue our work. Just for the record, he isn't part of Colossuscoin in any way and could never become part of the core group because he would just cause dramas.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:42:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26bZZwPs5zM

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 03:48:55 PM

Let it be..

Let the broken coin, blackmailer douche mudder and the noob schill candygirl BE !
Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: