Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:23:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we want to continue to allow various vendor hate in here?  (Read 17308 times)
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 07:58:39 PM

Bit coin mining AS killed people. One that springs to mind is the dude that was sleeping in his mining room and died through heat exhaustion. So I'm sorry to say your wrong. Bit coin mining AS killed! :-)

Impressive that he was able to post on a forum after he died.

I've looked for the article but Google is so fixed that it just wants to show bitcoin is dieing! No surprises there! Of cause he didnt report his own death though, How does your brain work to even suggest such a thing!!!

He didn't die, he just posted on a forum claiming he suffered from heatstroke while he slept.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stormlighter

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:02:01 PM

So are staff getting anywhere with this thread or did it die in offtopic? Smiley
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:33:57 PM

Bit coin mining AS killed people. One that springs to mind is the dude that was sleeping in his mining room and died through heat exhaustion. So I'm sorry to say your wrong. Bit coin mining AS killed! :-)

I've looked for the article but Google is so fixed that it just wants to show bitcoin is dieing! No surprises there! Of cause he didnt report his own death though, How does your brain work to even suggest such a thing!!!

He didn't die, he just posted on a forum claiming he suffered from heatstroke while he slept.

Well your not obviously on about who i am! Jesus! Give me strength!
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:35:27 PM

Face facts: this is a modern day gold rush, and this sub-forum especially must reflect exactly the state of the fever until that's over. The supreme irony is that this thread has brought out the full cast of goblins and sky-spirits, if anything only to somehow help prove that they're genuine. It's a lesson in life, make of the circus what you will, but it cannot be controlled, tamed, reasoned with or made sensible. It is not possible.

Sad, but we are animals, the best we can do is a sincere attempt to be rational. And attempted exploitation of animal instincts will continue while we are all still biological.

And so the only genuine solution is trans-humanism  Cheesy Who's first on the operating slab?  Grin

Seriously dude! Stop supporting the elite and realise the truth! WE'RE ALL BEEN LIED TO ABOUT EVERYTHING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zc0ICPoqlM

HErpa-aderP-dErp?

Vires in numeris
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 09:31:00 PM

No, you're just remembering it wrong.

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:39:41 AM

Did you die and leave your ghost to post?

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:46:59 AM

So are staff getting anywhere with this thread or did it die in offtopic? Smiley
Yes it died on the first page ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:24:02 AM

I think given the diverse participants in this thread and in the various threads on the forums, the mods can see now that it is not "just a few troublemakers".
A single forum is reflecting most of the difficulties in the ASIC marketplace. Right now the only economical miners are ASICs, therefore this forum is home to most of the problems and issues in Bitcoin mining.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
RChevalier

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:51:06 AM

So you describe a problem, ask for help on solutions...

and the resulting 11 pages that follow are the same problems you describe: vendor hate, people calling people whatever, people talking off topic, with some genuinely trying to address the OP's issue, and etc.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or condescending or any of that, just an honest question:  If you really wanted to change this, why don't you just "moderate"?  you know, like your title says.  Use your common sense/best discretion.  If someone starts bashing BFL in the KNC thread, tell them to stay on topic.  If someone calls someone a whatever tell them to keep it civil.  If Josh calls his customers a moron cuz they want their money back for an undelivered product, tell him to act professional.  If people refuse, just ban them for a bit?  I don't know...

Or don't.  It's up to you.  Just that most of the other forums I goto, this is what the "moderator" tends to do.

I personally like the forum exactly the way it is.  I like reading all the bashing, all the useful information, all the drama, it's like watching reality tv almost.  I like it when people go at it like Bitcoinorama and KS, within their exchanges you can glean useful info from both sides, and generally be more educated thanks to their efforts.  You can find useful info in just about any posts here if you look for them.

I love this forum.

stormlighter

Activity: 152

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:01:04 AM

and the resulting 11 pages that follow are the same problems you describe: vendor hate, people calling people whatever, people talking off topic, with some genuinely trying to address the OP's issue, and etc.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or condescending or any of that, just an honest question:  If you really wanted to change this, why don't you just "moderate"?  you know, like your title says.  Use your common sense/best discretion.  If someone starts bashing BFL in the KNC thread, tell them to stay on topic.  If someone calls someone a whatever tell them to keep it civil.  If Josh calls his customers a moron cuz they want their money back for an undelivered product, tell him to act professional.  If people refuse, just ban them for a bit?  I don't know...

Or don't.  It's up to you.  Just that most of the other forums I goto, this is what the "moderator" tends to do.

I love this forum.

+1
Get to it Staff!

... then why do we even bother..... :/
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:20:22 AM

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or condescending or any of that, just an honest question:  If you really wanted to change this, why don't you just "moderate"?  you know, like your title says.  Use your common sense/best discretion.  If someone starts bashing BFL in the KNC thread, tell them to stay on topic.  If someone calls someone a whatever tell them to keep it civil.  If Josh calls his customers a moron cuz they want their money back for an undelivered product, tell him to act professional.  If people refuse, just ban them for a bit?  I don't know...

Or don't.  It's up to you.  Just that most of the other forums I goto, this is what the "moderator" tends to do.

I personally like the forum exactly the way it is.  I like reading all the bashing, all the useful information, all the drama, it's like watching reality tv almost.  I like it when people go at it like Bitcoinorama and KS, within their exchanges you can glean useful info from both sides, and generally be more educated thanks to their efforts.  You can find useful info in just about any posts here if you look for them.

I love this forum.

I love some parts... others not so much.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:25:33 PM

I love this forum.

exactly. If even this thread can't be moderated to keep it on topic then what hope does the rest of the forum have? 
Given the minimalist stance the mods take here it should probably just be left the way it is..better nothing than selective editing or what have you.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:11:57 PM

This is completely off topic.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Batshit

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:16:48 AM

I love this forum.

+1
I am a noob and I approve this post.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:25:09 AM

I think it all went downhill when the mods seemed to defend BFL instead of slapping the scammer tag on them. then everyone guessed its because of the advertisement vested interest

I think the forum created their own messy bed and have to sleep in it until they have higher standards but in this economy we know that is impossible

such are the times

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 03:51:28 AM

I think it all went downhill when the mods seemed to defend BFL instead of slapping the scammer tag on them. then everyone guessed its because of the advertisement vested interest

I think the forum created their own messy bed and have to sleep in it until they have higher standards but in this economy we know that is impossible

such are the times

We aren't the one sleeping in the bed, you guys are. We just change the sheets occasionally.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:23:27 AM

such are the times

We aren't the one sleeping in the bed, you guys are. We just change the sheets occasionally.

One can sleep in a bed while blackout drunk and not remember a thing. I challenge you to change sheets under such circumstances  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
shapemaker

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:55:37 AM

[...]

I take it you're not going to even bother answering the actual question there. The one being about BFL scammer tag and advertising revenue.

If so, this thread is pointless.

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:18:13 AM

[...]

I take it you're not going to even bother answering the actual question there. The one being about BFL scammer tag and advertising revenue.

There was a question there? Looks like statements to me. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
shapemaker

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:33:32 AM

[...]

There was a question there? Looks like statements to me. 

Please don't act dense. You know perfectly well what I and the OP meant.

Let's do it this way then: "Will the moderators ban BFL from advertising at these forums? Will the moderators hand out SCAMMER tags to BFL employees/accounts?"

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: