Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats  (Read 11675 times)
glosed

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:21:14 AM

Who else have overclocked their a3 miners / at what and how is it performing?

I ran some tests, posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2881452.0. I'm sticking to 681 as I'm taking advantage of cool ambient temps (miner next to an open window) and my HW error rate is a bit lower than it was when I tested.

I've been mining in SiaMining, but switched over to Luxor today to give it a shot now that their luck has been improving... I'm going to give it a few days before making the call on switching back.

-glosed

Update, just switched back to SiaMining. Ended up giving it almost a whole week (~6.4 days) but ended up averaging only 1,409 SC/day on Luxor (and I'm overclocked at 681, hashing average 940GH/s in Antminer UI). They had a day or two with solid luck and enjoyed that payout, but there has been much more bad luck than good. Maybe I'm too impatient to handle 10+ hour timeframes with 0 blocks found but that's a bit tough to stomach when there's a month left before the second batch ships and profitability tanks. They did mention that along with their "24-hour ramp-on" that there is also some sort of ramp-off where I get paid for 24hr after stopping, so I will update this post's figures with the additional revenue (if they find another block  Tongue)

I was netting 1,900 SC/day on SiaMining before I switched over, the diff has of course gone up so I'll also see what I end up back at once I've been live for a day or two.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MickDaster

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:48:54 PM

So in the end SiaMining is the best choice to use or what do you suggest?
STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:55:11 AM

I wouldn't bother with anything else, set it and forget it
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:38:40 AM

So right now, bitmain a3 with 815ghs is doing $30-$40 per day, and when it started, it was $500. Also keep in mind there are 300+ units to be sold and will soon be in the network and that will take profits to $15-$25 per day. So the only one that earned a lot of money is bitmain ehhe

So right now bitmain is selling them for $2375 which means 2375/30 = 80 days to roi. It still looks pretty good compared to gpus. If it crashes to $15 then it will take 160 days which is till better than gpu mining.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
jeecom

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:43:04 AM

So right now bitmain is selling them for $2375 which means 2375/30 = 80 days to roi. It still looks pretty good compared to gpus. If it crashes to $15 then it will take 160 days which is till better than gpu mining.
I think they are selling for $980 now, not $2375 anymore.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180129095202674bwQAJFdr06CB

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:16:53 AM

I think they are selling for $980 now, not $2375 anymore.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180129095202674bwQAJFdr06CB

That is the second batch which will be available next month. Probably starting april, at latest may. Better roi than gpus even at $2375, but I guess as the new batch is coming people buying for $2375 will barely roi cause once the new batch is released then its over for everybody till siacoin dies hehe and devs buy fabricated coffins hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
STATIK

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:54:41 AM

It's not over till it's over
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:27:50 AM

I wouldn't bother with anything else, set it and forget it

What he/she said. For right now it's what makes the most sense.

I was on Luxor for the first week or so and I like their pool and that they donate back to the Sia dev team. I will likely switch back to them once their luck improves/the difficulty rises, but for now I'm on siamining as well, the payout difference is just too big.

You can check the health/luck of Sia pools here:

https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html
BTC-Graphicdesigns

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:17:06 PM

So I have a nooby question since I am not a miner:

Lets assume I start minning with the Obelisk SC1 Miner today. Will the difficulty be the same. I would make about $15-$20 per day with the Obelisk SC1 at the Moment, right?
So baiscally when the Obelisk SC1 is shipped in June, it will be totally useless - basically a waste of Money, right?

▄▄█▀█▄▄
                   ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
              ▄▄███▀                ███▄▄▄
           █▀▀ ▄█    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▀▄  ▀█
          ▄▌ ▄▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▀█▄▐█
         ▐██▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀███
        ▐█▀    ▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▀█▌
       ▐█▌     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓███▌▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▐█▌
      ▐██▌    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▐██▌
      █ █▌    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀▀█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▐█ █▄
     █▌ █▌     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▐█ ▐█
      █ █▌     ▐▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▀     ▐█ █
       ██▌       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▐██▀
       ▐█▌        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀        ▐█▌
        ▐█▄          ▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀          ▄█▌
         ▀█▀█▄                            █▀█▀
          ▀█ ▀█▄  ▐███▐▐ ▀▀▀▀▌▀ ▒▀▀▓   ▄█▀ ▐█
           ▀█▄▄▀█▄▐▒█▐▐▐ ▐▐  █▌ ░██▓ ▄█▀ ▄▄█
              ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                    ▀▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀▀▀
                         ▀▀█▀▀

█████████▄▄     █▄ ▄▄  ▐████████████▄ ████████████▄      ▄▄██████▄▄
    ▐█▌  ▄▄▄  ▀██    █▌ ██   ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄  ▀▀█▄
    ▐█▌ ▀▀▀▀▀█  ██   █▌ ██   ▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀█▌ ██▀▀▀▀   ██  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄  ██
    ▐█▌   ███▀  █▌   █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██      ██  ▀▀       ██  ▀
    ▐█▌  ▄▄▄   ██    █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██      █▌           ▐█
    ▐█▌ ▀▀▀▀▀█  ██   █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██      ██  ██      ▄██  █
    ▐█▌   ███▀  █▌   █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██       ██▄ ▀██████▀▀ ▄█▀
    ▐█▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██        ▀██▄▄     ▄▄█▀
     ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀  ▀▀       ▀  ▀          ▀  ▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:13:36 PM

Someone plugged in 600,000TH worth of miners... Tongue Grin Vosk you in the 1700 range about now?
yeah on track for 1600-1700 https://goo.gl/S3o5Yz these earnings along with stress of new miners and the diff adjustment has just been a very weird experience overall lol
What the hell was that yesterday around 18:45 ran 1700gh!!!? Villain experiment
haha no xD an awesome subscriber donated his hashpower to my address for 1-2 hours Cheesy

I wish I had the power to double the hashpower!

Also I decided to sell my antminer a3, if anyone else wants to share their siamining address with just one antminer a3 and if it's OC'd or not and if so what specs would be glad to make that the go to for monitoring daily antminer a3 profitability

So,,,Vosk.... What did you do?  Toss it on Ebay and hope that your buyer doesn't have any issues with it after you voided the warranty by overclocking. Or did you sell it to one of you Subscribers? Tongue 

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
BTC-Graphicdesigns

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:47:00 PM

Lets assume I start minning with the Obelisk SC1 Miner today. Will the difficulty be the same. I would make about $15-$20 per day with the Obelisk SC1 at the Moment, right?
So baiscally when the Obelisk SC1 is shipped in June, it will be totally useless - basically a waste of Money, right?

Can somebody answer this please!

▄▄█▀█▄▄
                   ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
                    ▀▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀▀▀
                         ▀▀█▀▀

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

glosed

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:01:55 PM
Merited by BTC-Graphicdesigns (1)

Can somebody answer this please!

Every time a new batch of miners hits the market, the difficulty increases and the profitability goes down. It depends on how much total hashing power is added, which is tough to guess because we don't know how many units are sold in each batch.

The difficulty spiked from around 1Ph/s to over 10Ph/s when the first batch of A3's hit the week of 1/26.

The difficulty will spike again when the next batch of A3's hits, but it's unclear by how much because we don't know how many units were sold. I would guess we're going to double hashrate again and halve profitability.

The next big uptick in hashrates are going to be based on the following events (depending on when they happen):

a) if Bitmain makes a batch 3
b) if Halong Mining actually ships their 3+TH/s miner they claim to have
c) when the SC1 ships (not sure when that is, you say June but all I've seen is "before August 31".

-glosed
MickDaster

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:20:20 PM

ROI is still good, and the best thing is to mine and forget about it
STATIK

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:23:52 AM
Merited by BTC-Graphicdesigns (1)

The problem are those who do not release their numbers and leave you guessing, Obelisk has a very open ended approach releasing number of units sold (you can find that here>> http://support.obelisk.tech/help_center
Bitmain on the other hand does not care to inform it's customers of potential difficulty increase and simply runs a profit on every batch to the max which is not the best for mining community, stay informed keep in mind the power consumption for OBELISK is 500W hashing power is about the same as A3 and the first batch of SC1 will be shipped towards end of JUNE
At the moment with current Siacoin price this would translate to around $40 per day minus power consumed, like it or not this still makes it one of the most profitable miners hashing right now.
Bitmain will continually do this with every algo in my opinion until they get forked
BTC-Graphicdesigns

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:19:12 AM

The problem are those who do not release their numbers and leave you guessing, Obelisk has a very open ended approach releasing number of units sold (you can find that here>> http://support.obelisk.tech/help_center
Bitmain on the other hand does not care to inform it's customers of potential difficulty increase and simply runs a profit on every batch to the max which is not the best for mining community, stay informed keep in mind the power consumption for OBELISK is 500W hashing power is about the same as A3 and the first batch of SC1 will be shipped towards end of JUNE
At the moment with current Siacoin price this would translate to around $40 per day minus power consumed, like it or not this still makes it one of the most profitable miners hashing right now.
Bitmain will continually do this with every algo in my opinion until they get forked

what is if Sia soft forks, would the difficulty go down? If yes, this would be the obvious next move from the Sia devs or not?

▄▄█▀█▄▄
                   ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
                    ▀▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀▀▀
                         ▀▀█▀▀

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:55:42 PM

Someone plugged in 600,000TH worth of miners... Tongue Grin Vosk you in the 1700 range about now?
yeah on track for 1600-1700 https://goo.gl/S3o5Yz these earnings along with stress of new miners and the diff adjustment has just been a very weird experience overall lol
What the hell was that yesterday around 18:45 ran 1700gh!!!? Villain experiment
haha no xD an awesome subscriber donated his hashpower to my address for 1-2 hours Cheesy

I wish I had the power to double the hashpower!

Also I decided to sell my antminer a3, if anyone else wants to share their siamining address with just one antminer a3 and if it's OC'd or not and if so what specs would be glad to make that the go to for monitoring daily antminer a3 profitability

So,,,Vosk.... What did you do?  Toss it on Ebay and hope that your buyer doesn't have any issues with it after you voided the warranty by overclocking. Or did you sell it to one of you Subscribers? Tongue 
unsure if you're interested in my miner or me personally but I sold it to someone who has full knowledge that it's been overclocked and picked it up locally. appreciate your interest but I'm taken Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
glosed

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:08:51 PM

what is if Sia soft forks, would the difficulty go down? If yes, this would be the obvious next move from the Sia devs or not?

Yes, difficulty would go down since in theory the A3's which currently account for probably 80%+ of the total hashrate would be rendered useless. The Sia devs considered doing a fork to kill the Bitmain ASIC. They argued that Bitmain's ASIC was going against decentralization of the coin and was bad for the ecosystem. Think what you will about Bitmain (and I agree that it was shady to release the miner in the surprise manner they did) but it's insanely hypocritical to say "their ASIC is bad, but our ASIC is good". So ultimately they decided against the fork.

You can't favor some ASICs over others, in my opinion. You have to either support all ASICs or no ASICs. Look at Monero - they are making their coin ASIC-resistant by building in slight alterations to the hashing algorithm over time that make it impossible to build an ASIC for.
Elixirbaby

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:04:24 PM

..... if anyone else wants to share their siamining address with just one antminer a3 and if it's OC'd or not and if so what specs would be glad to make that the go to for monitoring daily antminer a3 profitability

Here it is: https://siamining.com/addresses/21f72b291f5935663f76bc5fbdfa5224c03a3a845466e876e4c03b9fc603eb4960673ef7ba35 - mining with stock settings
It will be interesting to see when it will ROI  Roll Eyes

Hi Ronin87. Question for you. Which mining ULR are you using? I'm using the us-west one and haven't had any luck on block found.  Thanks
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 08:18:05 PM

Looks like the A3 is making ~45 USD a day with a moderate overclock for those curious

https://siamining.com/addresses/f5020f8a584bfdb97dbb2bb233d7ae664f49cb79fe8c0bdef58ec9569b4abec2a8616b681793

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
STATIK

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:12:56 AM

Yea it is doing very good even with periodic spikes in diff hodling above 1700 sc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: