Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats  (Read 11674 times)
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:12:25 PM

After questioning halong mining's validity in my last video a member of their staff messaged me assuring me they were real and yoshi goto is to be trusted. I asked for pictures of miners and he said I will have to wait until customers receive their machines soooo. . vaporware?

I don't think it's vaporware. Yoshi has had a good career at Bitmain. He wouldn't risk his reputation on vaporware.

BTW - Keep up the videos man...just got into mining and I think I've watched 20+ now Cheesy

Yeah that's what I was thinking too but it's just such a weird business practice. . . to not even show ONE true version of their miner

Thanks brother glad I could help Cheesy // anything you'd like to see covered?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:12:46 PM

Batch 2 started shipping.
The beginning . .  of the end?!

nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:29:56 PM

is 1600sia/day per A3 acceptable enough returns @current diff?

I sold mine last week but when I was still using it I was getting about 1600 coins a day, so that seems right.... for now.
ruplikmastik

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:48:36 PM

So it's about $16 per day income?
klwolf2000

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:53:52 PM

After questioning halong mining's validity in my last video a member of their staff messaged me assuring me they were real and yoshi goto is to be trusted. I asked for pictures of miners and he said I will have to wait until customers receive their machines soooo. . vaporware?
They aren't vaporware because you can clearly see that they have them online and are hashing on the siamining pool so they are real.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 04:17:55 PM

They aren't vaporware because you can clearly see that they have them online and are hashing on the siamining pool so they are real.
was slightly sarcasm just was saying its hard to believe anything is real until its actually seen and third parties can attest to that

Clearly. . there's some serious hashing taking place here
https://siamining.com/addresses/25865daf640696361b432bd517b812270d8459af48f13876108354ee7e028e0e15c13ab5030c

brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 04:35:49 PM

i wonder what's the current ROI for an A3.  Thinking about getting my hands on some

As of right this second, a couple months - but I'm pretty sure Bitmain has some being shipped, and another batch due by the end of the month.
Wasn't there someone else (Obelisk perhaps?) that announced a SIA miner a few months back but has yet to deliver?

The price of sia has fallen over 50% in the last month. I don’t see an end in sight either.

Do ASICS usually increase the price of the coin? I would think it would drive prices even farther down

The price of pretty much ALL Cryptocoins has dropped 50% or more from the peak around mid-January.

ASIC have ZERO effect on price - it's PRICE that affects profitability and the profitability that affects the potential for an ASIC to be sold at a profit for it's maker.

Not exactly. Siacoin dumped 10 times from january prices because of ASICs

The 2 are unrelated.  If you go and think the miners dump the coins from asic mining....what do you think people do with gpu mining.  Machines out or not out dont effect price as much as market conditions do.

Actually ASICs are usually owned by those who treat mining as a business and needs to pay off the rapidly depreciating ASICs. GPUs dont depreciate as much. For example this miner went from $2000 to being worth $0 in 2 months. My GTX 1070s are worth the same or more since I bought the in December and even next year I can sell them for 50% of what I paid and in 2 years I get 25% of what I paid at minimum. ASICs basically destroy not just a coin, but an algo altogether. ASICs also rob miners because they only get shipped when they are no longer profitable, that's why they are never in stock and always future buying but you pay today, so they mine with them in clean rooms and ship them when they are useless  power hogs.

brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:05:14 PM

I don't think it's vaporware. Yoshi has had a good career at Bitmain. He wouldn't risk his reputation on vaporware.

BTW - Keep up the videos man...just got into mining and I think I've watched 20+ now Cheesy

Yeah that's what I was thinking too but it's just such a weird business practice. . . to not even show ONE true version of their miner

Thanks brother glad I could help Cheesy // anything you'd like to see covered?

Hey VOSK can you help us win by mentioning this in your next video? https://vote.jalapen.io/coin/bitcoinz

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:10:10 PM

We should know for sure soon - they promised PhillipMa1957 a review unit and it's supposedly been shipped.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
.F.

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:40:45 PM

We should know for sure soon - they promised PhillipMa1957 a review unit and it's supposedly been shipped.

Mine are supposedly shipping as early as next week
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:11:36 PM

i wonder what's the current ROI for an A3.  Thinking about getting my hands on some

As of right this second, a couple months - but I'm pretty sure Bitmain has some being shipped, and another batch due by the end of the month.
Wasn't there someone else (Obelisk perhaps?) that announced a SIA miner a few months back but has yet to deliver?

The price of sia has fallen over 50% in the last month. I don’t see an end in sight either.

Do ASICS usually increase the price of the coin? I would think it would drive prices even farther down

The price of pretty much ALL Cryptocoins has dropped 50% or more from the peak around mid-January.

ASIC have ZERO effect on price - it's PRICE that affects profitability and the profitability that affects the potential for an ASIC to be sold at a profit for it's maker.

The 2 are unrelated.  If you go and think the miners dump the coins from asic mining....what do you think people do with gpu mining.  Machines out or not out dont effect price as much as market conditions do.

Actually ASICs are usually owned by those who treat mining as a business and needs to pay off the rapidly depreciating ASICs. GPUs dont depreciate as much. For example this miner went from $2000 to being worth $0 in 2 months. My GTX 1070s are worth the same or more since I bought the in December and even next year I can sell them for 50% of what I paid and in 2 years I get 25% of what I paid at minimum. ASICs basically destroy not just a coin, but an algo altogether. ASICs also rob miners because they only get shipped when they are no longer profitable, that's why they are never in stock and always future buying but you pay today, so they mine with them in clean rooms and ship them when they are useless  power hogs.
don’t forget the noise.  I would like more asics but i would risk a noise violation
i might have to install split ac 24k btu so i can lower my fan speeds this summer
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 710
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:49:42 AM

Around that yes.
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:44:57 AM

don’t forget the noise.  I would like more asic electrics but i would risk a noise violation
i might have to install split ac 24k btu so i can lower my fan speeds this summer

Sound a bit fantastically. With the split your electric bills will rise dramatically. And you still hope to get some ROI on this ASIC?
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:47:23 AM

Around that yes.

So if you bought  it at $5500 - you will never recoup it?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:42:42 AM

Folks that bought early enough to pay $5500 probably recouped half or more of that in their first couple weeks to a month of operation.
The lucky few that were the very first to put them online probably recouped ALL of their investment the first 2-3 weeks.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
STATIK

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:11:00 AM

Around that yes.

So if you bought  it at $5500 - you will never recoup it?

SC price is .01 and was .03 for some time so all things considered it's still heck of a miner compared to BAIKAL space heater
Goool

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:30:00 PM

Got a batch 2 unit today.

$980 + $150 Shipping = $1130

$1130/$25day = 45-60 days you need to touch ROI
When is happening the SIA fork ?
row739

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:57:40 AM

what fork?
DMAN_LTC

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:28:30 PM

So right now on average the daily payout for Siacoin is $9/day so shows the following link

https://www.asicminervalue.com/miners/bitmain/antminer-a3-815gh

the current price of Siacoin is about .01   

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/

secondary calculations

https://cryptorival.com/calcs/siacoin/#result

Speculations made from Altcoin forums

--most users report getting anywhere 1300-1800 Siacoins daily ---

If this is true then  ((1300*.01).......(1600*.01))  it may still be profitable over the course of the next 6 months.

[1300* 30days= 39000  &  1600*30days=48000]

If you  get anywhere from $13-16 daily and convert it to BTC and trade out of it then you could have a worthwhile investment.

13*30= $390  &  16*30=$480

However it all depends how much you spent on the A3.  I for example spent about $1800 so I think it'll pay off sooner than later.

Even with GPU's my point is to get paid and trade through BTC to another formidable ALT coin or just take the cash and run.

I suspect  this isn't a "Door Stop 2.0"  not for at least a 12 months.

klwolf2000

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:32:12 PM

Got a batch 2 unit today.

$980 + $150 Shipping = $1130

$1130/$25day = 45-60 days you need to touch ROI
When is happening the SIA fork ?

SIA isn't forking plus the A3 doesn't nearly make that much. When all of batch 2 and dragonmint miners come online these miners will make about $4-6 a day. I've been mining with my first batch of A3's and haven't even recouped 1/3rd of their price. I was planning on just holding the coins and waiting for them to increase in value but everyone is just dumping them at stupid low values driving the coins price down. The people that bought the 2nd batch will be doing a lot better off then the lucky few people who managed to get theirs online within the first few days the A3's started shipping.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: