Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 2338 times)
Anonymous Kid (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:13:48 AM

Well obviously no one knows... or very few people know (I still think that there are a couple original bitcoiners on this forum who are 99% sure that they know who Satoshi is).

Whats your favourite theory?

Mine is that it was John Nash   Roll Eyes

Please provide some proof for your theories. Would love to look into them!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayronbirss

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:14:41 AM

Well obviously no one knows... or very few people know (I still think that there are a couple original bitcoiners on this forum who are 99% sure that they know who Satoshi is).

What wil you do if i know him?
PrimeBlackBelt

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:15:52 AM

He might be anyone. He might even be Donald trump (albeit very, very unlikely).
Agaton

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:28:27 AM

Being a newbie, before I'm entering in this kind of business I've been searching first and looking of what really bitcoin, and who is really the maker, as what i have been reading, that the original founder of bitcon is Satoshi Nakamoto, but I dont ever heard any person stated that they personally knew about the real profile of Satoshi Nakamoto. Until now Satoshi Nakamoto still unknown person without any public displaying of identity. I'm hoping, just even one person can descrive soon about Satoshi Nakamoto.
findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:33:44 AM

Well one thing I am certain of is that he is either dead or he lost the private keys to his wallets, its inconceivable that every single wallet identified as his has never had a single satoshi transferred since he disappeared.

Going with the theory that he is dead the most obvious answer is Hal Finney.
Leomarco

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:53:17 AM

sathosi nakamoto is founder of bitcoin but we dont know and i think no one know how to form from satoshi nakamoto. we dont know whether satoshi nakamoto is a person or simply a group name and where sathosi lived. maybe any one know is satoshi nakamoto the name of the person?

Steadfast20

Activity: 104
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:55:46 AM

Nobody knows who satoshi nakamoto is and no one as no one not even Hal Finney or not even the CIA knows who is satoshi. The only thing we know is satoshi is he creator of bitcoin. The greatest invention of the century

BetHash - Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS & more! ☞ Play Lottery | Play Dice | Get Referral Bonus[/center
TDartDDD

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:01:12 AM

Well one thing I am certain of is that he is either dead or he lost the private keys to his wallets, its inconceivable that every single wallet identified as his has never had a single satoshi transferred since he disappeared.

Going on the theory Satoshi is still alive, Satoshi most likely stopped communicating when they seen Bitcoin really starting to take off, and moving any of the tokens people associate with the creator would be risky because i'm sure they would love those private keys, if they do exists still and weren't destroyed. The anonymity of Satoshi is key to their survival, or else i'm sure they would be public lol
That's just my two cents! 
I don't really have any links to any articles on a theory to post but I love this whole topic and the conversation behind it!
ChickenDuck

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:37:32 AM

That's John McAfee for sure... Grin Grin Grin

ys fs

Activity: 234

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:05:19 AM

i think satoshi nakamoto is a first developer in bitcoin...
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:16:36 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 09:36:45 AM by dinofelis

Mine is that it was John Nash   Roll Eyes

I don't believe that, because Nash wouldn't have invented a non-ideal money.  Nash would never have written the following;

http://satoshi.nakamotoinstitute.org/posts/bitcointalk/65/

Nash ideal money has constant value.

I tend to think that Satoshi Nakamoto is, well, Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto.  But maybe Hal Finey was "holding his hand".  The best way to hide is in open daylight.  When I learned that Dorian lived near Hal Finey, that both of them were libertarians, it seems obvious to me.  How the hell do you invent a name such as Satoshi Nakamoto ?  I've thought for a while that it was Dave Kleiman, but I don't think it fits after all.  Dave's life dream was to work for law enforcement, go figure.  When Satoshi started out, he couldn't know how it would go.  There was no reason to be anonymous.  If it failed, but inspired others, he would not have the honour of having contributed something.  Nick Szabo and others never hid behind an anonymous pseudo.  If you've simply an idea, why would you use a name of a real living person, and not an avatar like "truemoneyguy" or something ?  

You need a figure that is a profound libertarian, someone with some limited understanding of monetary economics (that's why it cannot be Nash), someone that is not necessary a cryptographer, but has knowledge about cryptography (Satoshi put together existing schemes, some of which are less than rational, for which a professional cryptographer wouldn't fall - which is why it cannot be Szabo) and is an amateur programmer but not a professional (his code was quite "amateur" even though functional).  Of course, what I'm writing is blasphemy in the ears of true believers for which Satoshi is a god and genius, but he truly wasn't - unless he was full of deceit.   True, it was a bright guy (or girl or group).  But he was also profoundly wrong on different aspects in as much as he was sincere.  These errors couldn't be made by other candidates, because they knew better.  I'm inclined to think that Hal Finey has a much bigger role in this thing than he told us.

Right now, nobody can admit to be Satoshi, without exposing one-self to huge danger.  Imagine that people know that you may have the secret keys to 20 billion dollars or more.  You would be extremely exposed to danger, and you would put all your relatives at danger too.  Who wouldn't hijack your wife, children, .... in return for a transaction ?  Worse, imagine you don't have the keys any more !  You cannot prove that !   Hijackers would kill your kids and there's nothing you can do about it.

sampoer23

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:20:00 AM

He is the creator of bitcoin, someone intelligent and seem to have the appropriate expertise as an expert on Cryptography.
He is a graduate of the University of Califronia Polythecnic physics graduates. He is also known for his work in the field of security and communications for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
nalinpuri

Activity: 130
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:21:49 AM

I think Satoshi Nakamoto is non other than Tom Cruise.He is best actor and crypto enthusiast. Grin
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:23:23 AM

Sorry but I couldn't provide you with proof until you experience it yourself. I have a feeling that Satoshi Nakamoto came from the future. And he could be you, me or the person reading this right now.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
htmcoin

Activity: 114
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:28:26 AM

The father of Bitcoin is a god-like existence, the earliest white paper on which Bitcoin was released, and the earliest edition of bitcoin. Numerous people worship his elaborate design ideas and neat code structure, however, but no one has seen him in reality. I think this question can not be answered unless I have seen it with my own eyes, but I really admire the creators of bitcoin.
TheBTCpost

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:41:27 AM

Mine is that it was John Nash   Roll Eyes

I defo think if it was not Hal Finney then since he did Recive the first transaction then he may know exactly who (bless his soul) / developed bitcoin with the real satoshi (I don’t think that is / was dorian)

I always liked the idea satoshi was a Brit! But just as nice is if was really Hal Finney
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:50:50 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto is actually a pseudonym for either one person or a group of people, the identity is currently unknown. This entity was the creator of Bitcoin and the bitcoin whitepaper. On his P2P foundation account, he professed to be a 37-year-old Japanese native, but due to his perfect use of English and the Bitcoin software not being labeled or translated at the time into Japanese, this is called into question.
That is all I know about him!

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:56:33 AM

We will never know who he is, he wants his identity to be private and we ahould all respect it.

We shouls just be thankful for starting crypto currency as we are given more opportunities earn extra.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:35:48 AM

I defo think if it was not Hal Finney then since he did Recive the first transaction then he may know exactly who (bless his soul) / developed bitcoin with the real satoshi (I don’t think that is / was dorian)

You never transacted to yourself ?
ongels

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:47:08 AM

He is the author of cryptocurrency, the founder of bitcoin and the man who owned the most number of bitcoins all over the world. He remains mysterious as this moment maybe for security reasons. But he is the most brilliant man existing in this world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: