Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:19:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How are your governments reacting to Bitcoin?  (Read 1473 times)
gaby0312

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:20:48 PM

Hello! I'm from France, and my government tolerate Bitcoin, but I don't think they are going to legalize or integrate it in our system.. So we'll see, but i'm not very optimistic about that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:27:37 PM

hi im a Filipino and my government dont recognize bitcoin as a currency becuase they see the price of this coin that fluctuate always. They say that if their country man invest money to bitcoin there will be a chance to loss their assets but it can be multiplied the number of their assets if bitcoin pumps so high. But then again they are not accepting this coin as a payment or as a currency maybe in the future if they see the good sides of having bitcoin in our country.
al8015737

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:32:31 PM

Great! They are even encouraging it.
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:33:29 PM

In the EU it looks like they just want to identify all holders of crypto so they can tax them to death. Tax for holding crypto, tax for trading one crypto to another, tax tax tax.

While doing the taxes they however dont recognice it as currency or give any tax breaks etc. Also they only seem to worry about criminal use like its the only thing it was designed for.
Excellence91

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:38:30 PM

I'm in a country where nobody really cares what you do th make money because of the high rate of corruption and poverty so my government don't care about bitcoin.
Alfarizi

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:03:26 PM

hi .. ak also from indonesia it's a few weeks ago a lot of issues about ban bitcoin in my country but now everything is clear if bitcoin should not be used as a means of payment but if bitcoin just made as an asset my country does not prohibit
jasson

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:41:37 PM

At the same place I live, the government has not officially announced
But I want the bitcoin to have a place in my country, it will be very helpful.
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:12:28 PM

Hello there... I am from India, and Bitcoin is still in the grey area here. It is not legal, but it has not been declared illegal either. But the government has explicitly stated that Bitcoin is not recognized as a legal currency here.

The government is still working on deciding a framework for it, but we have absolutely no idea about what its verdict will be. So, people here are trading in Bitcoin for short-term gains. Make hay while the sun shines!

How are your governments reacting to Bitcoin and what's its position in your country?

Same thing happens here. Most of South Asia-South East Asia national government is still having a negative bias about the cryptocurrency. They often afraid that the crypto will go to negative use of it (well actually it depends on each individuals). But nowadays, the local exchanger market has already increased the security by using KYC.

But the redline of it, as long as the crypto was not used on the local fiat market it's totally fine, but as usual to keep it on our risk.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
Virman01

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:22:24 PM

in my country (Indonesia) the government has made new regulations to tighten up, and I am going to issue an issue too. but I hope it will not happen, and just an issue.
plasmafrog75

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:35:40 PM

Hello there... I am from India, and Bitcoin is still in the grey area here. It is not legal, but it has not been declared illegal either. But the government has explicitly stated that Bitcoin is not recognized as a legal currency here.

The government is still working on deciding a framework for it, but we have absolutely no idea about what its verdict will be. So, people here are trading in Bitcoin for short-term gains. Make hay while the sun shines!

How are your governments reacting to Bitcoin and what's its position in your country?
Our government does not want people to use and participate in Bitcoin, there are a lot of different reasons, but Bitcoin does not harm the economy of the country. Bitcoin gives me investors a lot of benefits. More than the disadvantages, the attention of the authorities to Bitcoin a lot but they can not control Bitcoin.
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:48:18 PM

In my country Indonesia, the government prohibits transactions using bitcoin and the public is encouraged not to buy bitcoin or altcoin. perhaps the government is concerned that the country's financial stability is disrupted so the government wants to make rules about cryptocurrency.
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:48:57 PM

Oh bro!!What would I tell you??The government of my country is so much negative in the case of bitcoin.Bitcoin is totally banned here in my country.We cannot use them anywhere inside our country.....If anyone caught using bitcoin will be punished. Though there is no definite law yet for the punishment of the users of bitcoin.

Breaking all the rules,so many people are using bitcoin here in our country.But we cannot use bitcoin directly.We have to change them into fiat and then the bitcoins come in our work.But we are hoping that our government will soon declare bitcoin as  legal as he has started to study about bitcoin.

ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:09:25 PM

Here in our country, there is no strict policy about Bitcoin yet. Our Central bank said that it's not legal but also not illegal. They have warned people about the risks in participating and joining Bitcoin. I think slowly but surely we will adapt to it soon.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 05:07:32 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 05:19:38 PM by KingScorpio

ohm you mistake governments for bankster cartels, these are overregulated systems, that benefit the few

cryptocurrencies, soon will not have a price, range but a style range.

people will accept only cryptocurrencies that suit their affiliation, not their neverending imprisonment...

regards

chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:24:06 PM

Even i am from India . What i understand is they have established a committee here to analyse on its functionality and its technology as well for getting a better picture on its blockchain technology. There are many research centres in India as well for testing this stuff. We would come to know about its legality only in the coming days and may be we may get good news if all goes well.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:29:02 PM

Yes the indian government has started to take some steps openly against bitcoin after a long time of silence.Main banks have started to block the accounts which they suspect to be used for bitcoin related business.

It has created a panic situation among indian investors.They had enjoyed tax free income from bitcoins these much days and those days might remain as a dream for them here after.

But still,it has not been completely announced as illegal as government might have realized that it could not ban bitcoins completely.
oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:33:32 PM

Not all governments are in favour of bitcoins, some of them are opposing it and taking steps liking blocking accounts suspected of bitcoin business and transactions
there are a few governments which have not banned or taken any measures against bitcoin saying bitcoin isnt legal or illegal
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:38:01 PM

It is no surprise that most governments don't know how to treat Bitcoin. Some of them started to treat as a currency and a normal way to pay with but there are also countries which consider Bitcoin as something illegal which the only purpose is money laundering e.g. making selling drugs easier. It looks like my government is confused and doesn't know what cryptocurrencies are. That is why I am afraid that they might ban it. It will make cashing out more difficult.
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:40:55 PM

In my country, Bitcoin is becoming popular in the past year. The number of Bitcoin users and investments in ICO projects is increasing. The government has not made a definitive decision to support Bitcoin, but has banned the use of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency as a means of payment. However, other Bitcoin-related and cryptocurrency-related activities, such as investment, buy and sell, are still in place and they consider Bitcoin as an asset.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:00:53 PM

In my country, Bitcoin is becoming popular in the past year. The number of Bitcoin users and investments in ICO projects is increasing. The government has not made a definitive decision to support Bitcoin, but has banned the use of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency as a means of payment. However, other Bitcoin-related and cryptocurrency-related activities, such as investment, buy and sell, are still in place and they consider Bitcoin as an asset.

ICO is the biggest headache for the many governments because they usually scamming the investors whoever investing on it. Very few are legit that is the fear of investor and government side too. Some of the countries regulated the bitcoin trading and accepting but some are banned the cryptos.

Still many countries does not made the bitcoin the legal or not. So until you can use the bitcoins without any issue.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: