Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:15:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Password  (Read 3034 times)
unplug (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:48:55 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
raoul78

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:53:12 AM

Do you mean you forgot your private key? There is no way to retreive your private key. You are the only one responsible for your private key.

Copied from the MeW website:

MyEtherWallet.com does not hold your keys for you. We cannot access accounts, recover keys, reset passwords, nor reverse transactions. Protect your keys & always check that you are on correct URL.  You are responsible for your security.

█   REALTYCOIN   █
the most PROFITABLE place to INVEST in the world
▬  ICO is LIVE  ▬ (http://therealtycoin.io)
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:57:41 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
I'm afraid you probably can not be helped anymore, unless of course you saved the private access key that is issued when you register your wallet. Perhaps, of course, I'm mistaken, because I'm not an expert in MEW. But I think you should try to write in support.
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:00:41 AM

There is no password.

When you created wallet on Myetherwallet you got your keys, you probably save them to your PC.
Because you have used them at least once to check your balance?

So the question you must ask yourself did you ever opened your wallet after initial creation, if not there is a good chance that you never downloaded your keys in the first place.

Lago_V

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:16:59 AM

When you created your Myetherwallet account, it gave you an option to save the key on your computer. Just check files on your computer, maybe you'll find the file. The recommendation was also to write everything down. If you haven't done it, unfortunately, you cannot do anything about it Sad
Queen12

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:19:33 AM

Did you save your private key?
If you don't have a private key, you may lose it forever, and if you keep the private key, just transfer it to another wallet that supports erc20.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
UZIzzzz

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:24:09 AM

Forgetting the password doesn't have anything to do with it (if you save the private key)
Because you forgot the password, you can't log in the account, so you can reimport the private key.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:25:24 AM

Changes the password require data from your wallet such as private key or Keystore / JSON File if this gone or you forget to save it your wallet and its contents is also gone.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Faruque312

Activity: 490

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:26:23 AM

if you have your private key then no need password, if you lost your private key then no one help you, cause mew sayed you are only responsible for everything.

perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:36:21 AM

if there are nothing inside it, it is better you create new wallet and save all of what they want you to save ( the file, key and password ) but if there are something inside it, sorry for your loss. i think there are nothing that can be retrieved if you don't have your private key

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:45:32 AM

Do not get too freaked out, your wallet is still safe and tokens will not be lost.
You still have jason files, and can be used to open your wallet. You must use metamask

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Onurb

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:48:56 AM

Actually, I don't understand why MEW ask you a password to give you an address, as it seems it has no use.
Bl4nk

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:56:55 AM

Do not get too freaked out, your wallet is still safe and tokens will not be lost.
You still have jason files, and can be used to open your wallet. You must use metamask

Hi guys, he lost the password instead of losing tokens stored in myetherwallet (MEW). And if he uses Json's file to open it, he must also remember the password to enter the depth of his wallet. And to my knowledge he can open it if he has a private key to open the wallet he uses. And if he does not have it it may be very difficult to be able to reopen the wallet. I think MEW help can not help to open the wallet
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:57:12 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website.
There's no password you need to retrieve when you lost in with your MEW account, it's only private key.
Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
Yes, you can't change password anymore as I've said and others have said that there's no password with MEW, it's a priv. key.
Actually, I don't understand why MEW ask you a password to give you an address, as it seems it has no use.
Private key = password.

Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:57:39 AM
Merited by bigdogdan2 (4)

If you have the json file and forgot the password, you won't be able to retrieve it any longer.
If you don't have the private key as well for that wallet, then whatever is in that wallet is - "burned" / irretrievable.  Cry

Next time, save both the json file+password and the private key. In case you lose one, you can still recover using the other.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
hinayupak

Activity: 200

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:59:40 AM

Its not password its your private key in your etherwallet you must secure it do not send to the airdrop or your bitcointalk account because you will officially scam or hack your etherwallet because you send your privatekey be careful for fillup
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:01:56 AM

MEW makes an ETHER address for you and tells you to add a password to encrypt your keys. This is a pretty smart thing to do. If someone were to steal your laptop tomorrow it will take them some time to crack open the encrypted keystore (JSON), you can use this time to access your address from a backup and move your funds.

burp...
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:05:27 AM

Myetherwallet doesn't require password to access your wallet, If you're talking about the private key, bad luck for you, because you cannot recover the private key anymore, your only option is to create or to have another Etherium Wallet.
Note: No one can change Private key.
Nilupulie

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:13:01 AM

When you create the Myether wallet initially you should save your private key. Did you save it to your laptop? If you save it you can log in using this private key and no need of the password. Just keep in mind that myether wallet does not store any passwords, private keys or backup keys like other websites. If you lost your password or keys unfortunately there is no way to recover it.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:19:08 AM

If you forgot your private key you will not open your account to myetherwallet.  Because you cannot forgot password your password to that wallet because in the first place they did not use email. I suggest to those have people have wallet tk myetherwallet better to secure your private key you need to save it to place safe like have password and not only 1 better to save to other documents incase they have problem you can access because you have other option .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: