Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:03:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Password  (Read 3029 times)
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:10:48 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
Myetherwallet is not providing forgot wallet features because scammers can use this for manipulating mew account.  You can't change it by the way. The only possible way if you have your privatekey and then you can try to open your wallet through your privatekey. And this is the only way for you. You have no another option.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:12:54 AM

this is why you need to backup your paper wallet for every myethereum wallets.
backup private keys and restore whenever you need. This is the first rule for crypto usage

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
NLO

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:10:15 PM

Who owns the private key, he owns online wallet and money. I'm not sure that there is a solution to your situation.

mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:29:33 PM

When creating a new wallet, try to create a private file in text and put it somewhere! Best wallet maker on the offline computer! Limit open wallet online and use a wallet for small and regular transactions.
CelsoJr

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:34:43 PM

in ethereum, there are two ways to control you account. one way is to use your private key. these are just made up of numbers, keys and letters. the  other way to  control you wallet is the  UTC File together with you made password. one thing that you should take precaution is that you can never change you password again. so be sure to keep the UTC file together with your password in a piece of paper.
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:27:58 PM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
There is no option to recover your myetherwallet password if you forget it. Password is required only if you login your account with utc file and if you have your private key intact then still you can login your account without password.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:50:18 PM

There is nice page generated for new MyEtherWallet wallets with ETH address and Private Key.
The safest way to store it:
- print your Private Key on the paper,
- or make a photo of your Private Key via offline camera (not smartphone).
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:02:35 PM

There is no better way to say it that when you lost or misplaced your private key, your account is lost especially with myetherwallet cause you are absolutely in control of the account. As good as this wallet is with privacy if you lose it via your private key either to any one or missing,then the wallet is gone. Open another and keep your lesson learnt
crypto-recovery

Activity: 19
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:43:06 AM

MyEtherWallet.com (MEW) is just an interface to interact with the Ethereum protocol.  When you create a new Ethereum wallet, MEW asks you for a password and then prompts you to save your "UTC / Json" file.  This file contains your private key, but the key is encrypted with your password.  If you have this file and the password, you can recover all the funds in your wallet with 100% certainty.

If you have this file and you have one or more guesses as to what your password might be, then you can attempt to brute force decrypt your password. 

So, you need to do three things:
1. You need to search your computer for your Json file.  If you find it, move on to step #2.
2. You need to develop a list of the passwords you might have used.
3. You need to test variations of those passwords against the Json file.

This article (https://cryptoassetrecovery.com/2018/02/09/how-to-recover-your-lost-myetherwallet-mew-password/) will walk you through each of those three items, step-by-step, including screenshots from MEW and a systematic method for identifying potential password guesses.

Thanks,
Chris
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:42:35 PM

Forgetting your password will not harm you, though you lose 1 security of your account. you can still access your account with your private key and be sure not to forget that one or delete it. you only need the password if you are using the image files, but if there's no chance of having your password remember just choose to access myetherwallet with your private key. well that more important though so never lose, forget or share it. e careful now.
BitindaHouse

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:50:12 PM

The password is created for a metamask, a program for transferring coins, and there is no mew. I'm afraid the man lost his wallet in the abyss

Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:04:24 PM

Forgetting your password will not harm you, though you lose 1 security of your account. you can still access your account with your private key and be sure not to forget that one or delete it. you only need the password if you are using the image files, but if there's no chance of having your password remember just choose to access myetherwallet with your private key. well that more important though so never lose, forget or share it. e careful now.
This is one disadvantage of using MEW, there is no option to recover our forget password but if you have your private key with you then you can access your wallet. But they must give the option to reset our password. while using your private key to log in your account use the secured system. If you lost your private key then nobody can help you.
Re.won14

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:06:21 PM

I have a follow up question here,  will you be able to retrieve your eth wallet by the use of private key that is written in a paper after having the utc file deleted accidentally?
ExtremeFacials.com

Activity: 190

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:11:06 PM

This is so bad Sad i even read that if the building will be burned in fire, you need to write your private key somewhere else, not to loose it anyway. It helps just in case
dealung

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:18:00 PM

I got the same thing yesterday as you just got all my account, I made the sinkron automatically, so the data and photos are still in my account even though we lost the key or forgot the password.
efey39

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:50:28 AM

In the digital money world, wallets have extra precaution. I am using myetherwallet. you should never lose the key for the safety of your wallet. because if you lose you can not get it back.
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:57:41 PM

I don't think there's another way to recover our MEW account or private key that's why we need to keep it into a secure place.
I wrote down my private key on a piece of paper and keep it on a place that only me could find, and if someone found it, they had no idea what's it for.
losing wallet private keys will result into disaster because there's no way we could access our wallet account without private keys.

GaxviiBuss

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:05:43 PM

Actually, MyEtherWallet do not need any password to login. You just need chose login method and put all information with that method to be login.
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:07:16 PM

In the digital money world, wallets have extra precaution. I am using myetherwallet. you should never lose the key for the safety of your wallet. because if you lose you can not get it back.

Losing our wallet private keys means losing your whole coins inside that wallet because we couldn't access our wallet without private keys and the only way we can do is to find it whatever the cost.
recently, there's a guy who keep on digging a garbage hill of the town because he want to retrieve his hard drive where his bitcoin wallet account was stored.
every crypto wallet should be access using private keys and there's no way to retrieve it except you have copy of private keys digital or hardware.

MtheS

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:09:17 PM

You can't recover the password . MEW doesn't have this option . So please save JSON File + Password , moreover you can use the private key to login in MEW . If you want to be safer , then you can use MEW Offline

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ PROFEDE ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
⚫ DECENTRALIZED PROFESSIONAL PROTOCOL ⚫
⚫ OUR WEBSITE: https://profede.com/ ⚫
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: