Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:38:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Password  (Read 3029 times)
elcoblast

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:58:06 PM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
Myetherwallet service is not store your password or private key, when you create wallet on MEW they asked to save the private key, json file and remember your password, but when you forget your password, you can access your wallet from another way using private key you saved.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tanvir232

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:59:46 PM

I don't know why people are posting hundred times after 12-13 pages on this thread. The answer has already been given by some members properly and need no explation. Please stop posting on this thread.
Ziscadas

Activity: 452

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:25:13 PM

Indeed, the answer to this question was given a long time ago, the guys lost pass then and forget about your wallet
Hudora

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:33:14 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

This story reminded me about finnish guy, who was trying to retrieve BTC that he was lost 6 years ago, because they were worth 6 million dollars.
sergej.dubynin

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:36:39 AM

The bad news, if you don’t have a secret key, the case is very bad, you won’t be able to regain access to the wallet. MEW does not store wallet data as safe as possible.

((     M  I  N     ))    inMIN.it
    TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY   
██    ICO Pre-Sale : October, 2018    ██
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:45:36 AM

I think we cannot recover private keys from myetherwallet. We should have also 2 to 3 back up so that we can recover it even if you looses. We should protect it from everyone else you are the one who should know it to avoid loosing of coins.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:49:22 AM

if it is only password you are more or less safe. you can connect to your wallet with your private key anyway. but you can not connect with the file probably. but if you lost your private key, there is nothing that you can do to get your wallet back.
siupang2

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:50:47 AM

If you lost anything for MEW (myetherwallet) then you cannot recover anymore because the site tell this 'MyEtherWallet.com does not hold your keys for you. We cannot access accounts, recover keys, reset passwords, nor reverse transactions.' if you don't have money in the wallet just create a new one, if you have I'm sorry you lost your money in there
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:59:46 AM

Firstly you really don't need password for using myetherwallet except the time of your registration so you could secure your private key!  Your subsiquent operation of your wallet will require only your private key and some other more secure process!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
TomInVa57

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:24:51 AM

How did you managed to forgot your own password? Or loose your private key. Such actions are pretty strange and they do not seem real to me.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:27:56 AM

If you forgot the password to your MEW json file or lose the private key, then whatever is in that wallet is "lost".

Remember: You are your own bank in the crypto space.
kingsman03
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:30:46 AM

You should have your private key during the registration I think you should go look for it that is the only way to get back your wallet
Freddy63

Activity: 434

SESSIA

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:31:41 AM

man, it is decentralization, there is no somebody help you with forget password function, so accept it and next time write your password properly.
You should care in advance.

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
joykulot

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:32:52 AM

Sorry but we cannot do anything to retrieve your myetherwaller, because the private key is very important to open that. Accept the fact, and make another again.
confreslamp
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:37:33 AM

It is sad bro, because as mentioned before there is no way of restoring it. Just try to scan your PC, I am usually saving all the private key on my laptop and if I need them, there are available.

stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:44:47 AM

It is important may be the protection of the secrets for your wallet MEW. Maintain all of them inside a secure location, much better move these phones document. Additionally set up one more application EAL, MetaMask, Cryptonite. This really is home elevators the actual protection of the wallet MyEtherWallet.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:33:01 AM

if it is only password you are more or less safe. you can connect to your wallet with your private key anyway. but you can not connect with the file probably. but if you lost your private key, there is nothing that you can do to get your wallet back.
You needed to move on because losing your private without any backups just entitled you lose everything inside that wallet, that's the reason why
we needed to have extra backups and security in order to assure that the assets are safe and you always have other options just in case things
like this happen to your wallet.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 09:56:56 AM

I do not know on how to doing that if we lose our password of MyEtherwallet.
Must better to be careful about your password because it is important for us. Just save you password on any document or in flashdrive or in the paper.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
TpoJIb

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:05:15 AM

Well, without the private key of your wallet, I think it will be impossible to unlock it and it really becomes a problem.

kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:12:25 AM

If you forget the password that used to access your wallet with JSON File, you can use your private key or Mnemonic phrase to log in. To prevent this happen again, you should backup your wallet information, including password with JSON File, private key and Mnemonic phrase in a safe place.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: