Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 03:34:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best competitors to Ethereum?  (Read 11141 times)
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:59:09 PM

The biggest competitor of ethereum right now is NEO. EOS can be it's competitor in the future when it launches it's own blockchain. However, Tezos made some pretty big promises before their ICO, but after raising the money they just disappeared and are now fighting over the control of the money.

Blakscorpion

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

CryptoFan

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:02:12 PM

There are a lot of vaporwares like cardano or other coins that want to change the world and build everything.
But as far as i'm concerned I see strong coins already implemented ready to be competitive like NEO.
There are plenty of good coins but not a lot on the same market as ETH.

NEO is well made and has a lot of projects already implemented on it. I believe in it really strongly.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:28:16 PM

I would say that NEO could be one, and the same thing goes for EOS as well. There are a few other that could also be competitors that most users don't even know that they can run smart contracts, at least I know I didn't. One of those is Stellar, that recently had a $39M ICO in their platform (https://www.coindesk.com/why-a-39-million-ico-chose-stellar-over-ethereum/). I only got to know that they could support this, once I saw that article. Finally I think that ICON and cardano are good projects as well.

Not saying that anyone of them can take Ethereum's place, but they are legit projects that could keep pressure on ether. This is a good thing, since this means that they all will continue to evolve.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:33:55 PM

I would say that NEO could be one, and the same thing goes for EOS as well. There are a few other that could also be competitors that most users don't even know that they can run smart contracts, at least I know I didn't. One of those is Stellar, that recently had a $39M ICO in their platform (https://www.coindesk.com/why-a-39-million-ico-chose-stellar-over-ethereum/). I only got to know that they could support this, once I saw that article. Finally I think that ICON and cardano are good projects as well.

Not saying that anyone of them can take Ethereum's place, but they are legit projects that could keep pressure on ether. This is a good thing, since this means that they all will continue to evolve.
Yes, Neo can beat the ethereum in the future. But it should to be used by more ico projects, i guess. Now it is more than 60% of ico projects are based on ethereum blockchain

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
granchio

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:10:58 PM

Which are the best competitors to Ethereum, and why do you think so?

(I know on top of my head that Cardano and IOTA try to challenge Ethereum,
although they still haven't proved much from my understanding?)

I think IOTA and Waves are really good altcoins after ethereum. Also I think, Although NEO has not a good price in these times, it is a promising coin and might be a competitor of ethereum in the future.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:22:42 PM

I think IOTA and Waves are really good altcoins after ethereum. Also I think, Although NEO has not a good price in these times, it is a promising coin and might be a competitor of ethereum in the future.

Well, yes i wonder also that NEO and IOTA would be a great competitor of ethereum and alternate crypto currency at this moment but when i saw in the coinmarketcap it would always be a Ripple who has greatly potential and really promising to spike anytime of this year.
anaumar

Activity: 383

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:28:48 PM

according to me who became fierce competitor Etherium is waves because the blockchain system owned waves now also many are in use by many projects

CCN     CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK      CCN    
We Provide The Best Smart    Facebook Twitter  Telegram
Contract Services    ▰▰▰      Service Thread    Whitepaper
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:30:01 PM

Number 1 and still undisputed is Bitcoin, no altcoins can still stop Bitcoin even though it is on a steep decline. What I see is Ethereum can be a number 1 altcoin but not this year maybe after 2 years and if the value of Bitcoin still continues to go down. We are also looking on the rise of altcoins.
yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:35:56 PM

In my opinion, the main competitors of the Ethereum at the moment are NEM NEO and Waves. Since all these coins are doing work and already making projects on own blockchain. I also think that Stratis will soon join this company

albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:46:56 PM

it full of ETH competitor on the market, all the protocols that can provide smart contract it's own blockchain, oh and of course all eth forks:
-EXP
-ETC
-UBIQ
-NEO
-ICX
-WAVES
-ADA
-TRX
-ZIL
-TAU
-MAN
-STRATIS
-NEBLIO
kruzer200

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

= DINNGO = https://dinngo.co

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:57:41 PM

I think that Rripple can compete with the air. Many forcasts say it will be on second place after BTC by March, I do not think that he will grow so straight, but ETH and Ripple are competitors

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■⚫●●     DINNGO     ●●⚫■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
████████  ⚫●●     THE MOBILE DIGITAL CURRENCY EXCHANGE     ●●⚫  ████████
White Paper  ●  Telegram   Facebook   Twitter   Medium   Reddit   Youtube  ●  ANN Thread
sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:16:15 AM

for myself it is possible that Ripple can become a rival of Ethereum even though the two coins are much different but Ripple has a bright future.
HTHP

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:24:14 AM

NEO and CARDANO and the next big competitor will be CREDITS ICO.
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:38:17 AM

I think this a little bit harder question as predicting is not my thing.. Ethereum been doing absolutely fine and even much stable than bitcoin at this moment and I don’t have a prospect coins in my mind that can replace eth on its place within the span of 5 years.. I maybe wrong but that is just my observation and I always look not the price but the use and its implementation because value can change instantly..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:51:25 AM

I don't think anything is as good as Ethereum but here are my top 5:

EOS
Ethereum Classic ETC
Lisk
Waves
Stratis
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:52:27 AM

How did you compare these coins against Ethereum? in which for me all coins will compete to Ethereum and also if ever against Bitcoin too if they could. For me the nearest top 3 is the most threat to each other especially to the no.1 altcoins which is Ethereum so i say it should be between Ripple and Bitcoin Cash as they have already tried to be no.1 for a short period but i think they could try again.
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:57:45 AM

EOS
CARDANO
QTUM
NEO
ARCBLOCK (blockchain 3.0)

these are all good altcoins capable of competiting with Ethereum.
jdbao

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:33:54 AM

I think those coins may be competitors of Eth, should not be the point of view from the market value, technology, team background, you should also look at the ecological and community around the coin, now it seems that only neo and eos may become the competitors of Eth.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:56:58 AM

neo can be a rival Ethereum, but ethereum has a good market. not easy to be rival ethereum. IOTA also has good and up-to-date technology. it will also be a competitor of ethereum.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 09:47:51 PM

I think NEO is the closest competitor to ethereum, even though I chose NEO for now, I think it will be the best competitor of ethereum in the future

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: