Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:09:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best competitors to Ethereum?  (Read 11131 times)
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 08:39:05 PM

I think the best competitors of ethereum should Bitcoin Cash , Monero , Neo and Ins. I think this should be
Bitcoin cash does not have the same amount of hype now days. Monero could be a proper competitor to Ethereum.
In fact, we still need to mention such a platform as a stellar, which, despite the poor state of the market, already this year proved to be a promising coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:02:34 PM

I think the Cardano project is a strong competitor to ethereum. The project itself is very promising. Powered by dPOS. There are also projects EOS, Waves, NEO.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:19:49 PM

I think the Cardano project is a strong competitor to ethereum. The project itself is very promising. Powered by dPOS. There are also projects EOS, Waves, NEO.

Agree. Cardano is a strong competitor of Ethereum because it's active in development and innovation. In contrast to other platforms which are overhyped, Cardano has managed to stay on the roadmap delivering features as promised. Due to its consensus algorithm, it will be capable of processing a large magnitude of TPS in contrast to Ethereum in its current state. However, it's believed that Ethereum will also improve over time to handle large TPS for smart contracts. Therefore, both ADA and ETH will stay head-to-head in the game.

Other competitors such as NEO, EOS, Waves, and IOST have very promising features and technology too. However, it is up to question whenever they will become successful in the mainstream world or not. AFAIK, EOS and Cardano have better chances of rivaling Ethereum than other platforms due to their dedicated development teams and strong foundation. NEO, on the other hand, is good but backed by China which poses a risk for centralization and manipulation. EOS is partly centralized, although it could change over time as it improves every step of the way.

Nonetheless, there will be many more Ethereum competitors emerging in the market over time. However, only those platforms that can achieve mainstream adoption and usage will survive in the future. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
trofim21

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:54:19 PM

I saw an article where many people predicted a great future for a telegram coin, I think that this coin can become a worthy competitor to ethereum
SandraStark

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:12:15 PM

Despite the huge number of coins in the world of cryptocurrency, I think that there are leading competitors such as  
- *Bitcoin Cash* ( At the moment, the main competitor of Bitcoin, and most people who in the past were only for Bitcoin, now stand for Bitcoin Cash ).
- *NEO* (anyone interested in cryptocurrency news should know that the Chinese authorities want to ensure that all Chinese ICO conducted on the basis of the NEO network... ( really they want it since the beginning of the year) it can be expected that because of this in the future, there will be a sharp and rapid growth of NEO. )
And finally, if Ethereum switches to POS mining, think about what will happen to It Ethereum Classic  Wink
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:29:37 PM

Smiley tron is the best ethereum competitors i think they have good plan like ethereum
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:07:10 PM

Smiley tron is the best ethereum competitors i think they have good plan like ethereum

TRON could be a good competitor against Ethereum. However, it hasn't proved anything unique from both ETH and EOS, other than being another smart contract platform. I've seen that this project has been overhyped, yet it hasn't delivered true use cases for the mainstream world. I could be wrong though, if TRON manages to gain traction over time in terms of development or innovation.

Recently, TRON has acquired BitTorrent, so things could head in the right direction if the project manages to bring torrents to the blockchain. Content delivery or sharing, would effectively become achieved via the blockchain with TRON’s acquisition of BitTorrent. Until today, I haven't seen further news about such acquisition, but it could be that TRON is planning to make something big with it in the future. Since the project is nearly starting, it doesn't have much popularity and adoption unlike Ethereum.

Nonetheless, TRON could be well on the list of Ethereum competitors to consider. Other competitors that are rivaling Ethereum's existence would be NEO, EOS, Cardano, Cosmos Network, RChain, and Waves. If successful enough, then they could easily reach the top rankings in market cap next to Ethereum. However, it will be unlikely that a competitor could overcome Ethereum, as the latter has first-mover advantage. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ahmed04

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:23:54 AM

Any minor project may be a competitor to Ethereum. You know why? Because Ethereum is a Scam. The project is so manipulative that one phrase will bring down the course.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:56:15 PM

Any minor project may be a competitor to Ethereum. You know why? Because Ethereum is a Scam. The project is so manipulative that one phrase will bring down the course.

If Ethereum's a scam, then how come it's the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap? As far as I know, Ethereum has kept up with its promises in development and innovation, delivering the concept of smart contracts to the blockchain space. Compared with other smart contract platforms, Ethereum is the best because it has a tried and tested infrastructure for deploying dApps and tokens. Other competitors such as Cardano, NEO, and EOS are new to the blockchain space and their technology hasn't been proven for mainstream use yet.

They're still in their very beginnings and it would take some time before they could mature up to the level of Ethereum. Considering how ICOs have been launching tokens on the Ethereum blockchain, instead of any other smart contract platform, means that Ethereum has an advantage over its competitors. Even if other alternatives prove to be faster and cheaper than Ethereum, they may not be as safe and reliable as it. We've seen how both EOS and NEO are partly centralized, while Cardano hasn't even implemented a VM for smart contract deployment.

Therefore, none of the competitors mentioned have been able to reach the level of Ethereum's success to date. Unless, they grow in mainstream adoption, and popularity, Ethereum will still be the "King of Smart Contracts" for a long time. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:38:04 PM

I think that NEO and EOS are the main competitors of Etheryгь. The remaining blockchain platforms are many times less developed than in e are competitors.
Pendularin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:42:27 PM

I think that NEO and EOS are the main competitors of Etheryгь. The remaining blockchain platforms are many times less developed than in e are competitors.
Those competitors were all at higher ratings in terms of profitable gains right now. Unlike with ethereum for so many years many coins has been taking part of its contract, and I believed that's the number one advantage which NEO and EOS didn't have. They're just a regular altcoins and not same as eth current standing.
benalexis12

Activity: 798
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 11:53:33 PM

For my own view. NEO,EOS,Waves and Nem are the best competitors of ETHereum. BUt i guess 2 different coins are at the same boat i put it NEM on this list they have the best coins out there next to Waves. Try to research about their whitepaper and mosaic and Waves decentralized exchange is kinda good for me.

Dollar_Hunter

Activity: 1078
Merit: 21

COMBONetworkio

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:58:59 PM

Indeed the future of Neo and Eos is bright and no doubt so I will not hesitate to mention Neo and Eos as the main competitors of ethereum, so that we are clearer and follow the developments

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:08:43 PM

For my own view. NEO,EOS,Waves and Nem are the best competitors of ETHereum. BUt i guess 2 different coins are at the same boat i put it NEM on this list they have the best coins out there next to Waves. Try to research about their whitepaper and mosaic and Waves decentralized exchange is kinda good for me.

Waves and NEM have a solid chance of competing against Ethereum, compared to other alternatives. They have a dedicated development team, and supportive community, which have delivered as promised over time. NEM has lots of advanced features which outperform those of Ethereum or any other cryptocurrency in existence. When executing smart contracts, NEM doesn't need to compute everything via the blockchain (unlike Ethereum). This gives it a huge advantage over Ethereum since its network resources won't get consumed in a way where it's extremely expensive to execute a smart contract.

Effectively, this is much more scalable, and I believe that NEM could easily gather the attention of developers willing to grasp the benefits of the blockchain without downtime or added costs. NEM's API easily achieves this, and it could prove to become a solid competitor against Ethereum in the long term. On the other hand, Waves has recently integrated smart contract functionality within its platform which means that it could rival Ethereum anytime soon. Its quick transactions speeds, and extremely low costs make it ideal for smart contract deployment and execution. In addition, Waves has an integrated DEX which allows anyone to trade tokens or cryptocurrencies without the need for middleman in a single platform.

Nonetheless, there are a variety of smart contract platforms willing to take over Ethereum's place in the future. However, I believe that Ethereum will remain as the top altcoin in the market, while the rest will stand behind it for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Gallifings1953

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:25:12 PM

there are several altcoins that are competing for ethereum. such as : Eos, cardano, litecoin. their best development at this time besides ethereum.
Recas1930

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:26:50 PM

I think the project that stands as ethereum competitors are solid ones with awesome team , outstanding vision and good technologies. I think project like Burst , Omni , Neo , Waves stand in this category
Obelf1928

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:32:15 PM

It seems to me that the most promising coins at the moment are NEO, Tron and Omni. They have prospects, but so far the situation on the market is very tense.
Moroulthe45

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:32:30 PM

hmmm it seems neo is going to be a competitor for ethereum ,, i do not know for sure for the reason, but neo is very fast in its growth. so fabulous.
Hatin1985

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:32:52 PM

no i disagree with what you say. I am more amenable to waves, because waves have almost the same technology. only, eth is more popular and more often used for ico wallet. both have smart contracts.
Parb1969

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:34:12 PM

One thing for sure, is that many new technologies and improvements have been coming around the past years from rival projects, to make a stable and secure smart contract platform. If Ethereum's competitors succeed in providing secure and scalable smart contracts before Ethereum does, then ETH's place could be at risk as its rivals would rise in user adoption within the mainstream world. However, I believe that Ethereum's Casper PoS and Sharding improvements are just around the corner, to make it as efficient and secure as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: