Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:47:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Is Banning Ads for Bitcoin and ICOs  (Read 2100 times)
Sandijoee

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:21:02 PM

Of course this is an interesting thing for facebook. I think one of the reasons is that this ICO is really interesting and promises great results. And they do it all, to attract investors to invest in ICO and other bitcoins or crypto. Smiley
Gummybear67

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:31:10 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

Well I must say good job for this especially for those who wants to bring down bitcoin but I tell you bitcoin don't need advertisement by now? Hello! I can advertise bitcoin without using facebook or any kind of social media. I can advertise it personally. So goodluck we dont need you cause we're strong family here in Bitcoin 😊
Mersterious

Activity: 225
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:56:40 PM

for me this is probably a good idea because it is kinda annoying to see ads in different places and just popping out whenever it wants.
Jeffpod

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:02:12 PM

I remember seeing some facebook ads of ICOs promising 500% returns quarterly. These are the ads that ruined it for everyone.  Sad to say but 90% of ICOs are scams just looking to take honest peoples money.  If they block ICO and let other cryptos advertise would be great. 
jennyhoang293

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:06:17 PM

yes, there are too many icos based on the blockchain platform. It is especially from Asian countries.
railyako

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:08:09 PM

i think this is a good move for facebook since they are being used by the some scam ICOs that are only focused on making money. I just feel sorry for the other legit companies.but there are other media platforms that can be utilized for these ICOs.
AltCoinBuddah

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:20:49 PM

I think facebook does this to take advantage. This is a pretty strong step from Facebook, but this will obviously reduce facebook earnings, because facebook is a great medium to advertise. And this makes people afraid to invest in bitcoin and other altcoins.  Smiley
Babyfaceless

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:25:31 PM

im thinking that also why facebook banning bitcoin and ICO's ads. facebook banned it because it scam or it is a spam i know people don't know what is bitcoin but bitcoin is promoting their own because they want to change the technology and it can help us to overcome a poverty. it cannot effect bitcoin ads in there facebook but if facebook banning it we can not do anthing but respect the facebook. if i own facebook i will not banned it many people will invest in the bitcoin.
vakie1

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:36:17 PM

Since popular social media networks like Reddit accept Bitcoin as trusted method of payment for their marketing services, to ban cryptocurrency ads on FB is quite a strange idea. Anyway, I cannot understand why they are so picky, when FB, the social media giant, has become an advertising network more than a social one.
In my opinion, FB is used more for marketing purposes than personal use. This segment of audience has migrated slowly, slowly to Instagram and other networks. So, taking a decision like this - to ban an advertising market like crypto on FB - doesn't seem to be the best for them.
anon.ph011

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:49:30 PM

well this is true. all my repost and post on my facebook was deleted and sayong it was an spam i cant do my social task in the few weeks.
pieliedie87

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:54:42 PM

Well, i guess these banned are actually from the goverments, the goverments force Facebook and twitter to do this .
The excuse that ICO and bitcoins are scamming people is just a reason for their action and it's totally non-sense.
joybella

Activity: 370
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:10:13 PM

This is not a good move from Facebook because it will affect Facebook bounties. The fact that some airdrops are scam does not mean fb should ban the advertisement of btc and ICO
redtag070

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:10:41 PM

Facebook regulates ICO advertisement.
However, there are no restrictions on individuals sending ICO information.

I think that negative reactions of many users may arise from people who misunderstand advertisements and personal remarks.
Fourgh

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:16:26 PM

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

that's a not so new news. A lot of ICO's are apparantely scams. Facebook is just protecting its users from existing ICO frauds and even posible frauds.

Maiscoinyelo

Activity: 175
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:21:40 PM

It is a bad news to hear but I think this is not true because if they banned bitcoin ads and ICOs maybe the facebook campaign will  be affected. So I hope that this is not true news because it may affect the Facebook bounties.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
redhorsebeer1980

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:45:31 PM

Bitcoin is beneficial to all people so they must got bitcoin advertising rights.I think no social media can ban bitcoin.Bitcoin can be advertise any how because it is now famous between all people.It is an investment and it cannot be stopped by banning any social media and in old days some of countries have tried but it did not affect the price of bitcoin at all.I don't like it even more after someone said that Facebook blocks ads for bitcoin.
lucy94

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:55:02 PM

thats predictable
Rambogae

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:03:53 PM

Was it an official statement by facebook or just some social media fake news?  I don't think facebook would do that.  They are earning profits from advertisement traffic and they have no issue at all with bitcoin.  Just my opinion.

I think people will gradually move away from Facebook as censors and their parenting country's ideas have essentially ruined what is a useful tool.
That is a pretty strong step from Facebook, but they have a history of making hasty and unpopular decisions.
Linanak

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:06:47 PM

Which will definitely make bitcoin prices fall in the next few days months. Whatever I want to hold my bitcoin for sure it will be the currency of the future of this world.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:08:20 PM

Since prominent internet based life systems like Reddit acknowledge Bitcoin as confided in technique for installment for their promoting administrations, to boycott digital money advertisements on FB is a significant peculiar thought. Anyway, I can't comprehend why they are so meticulous, when FB, the web based life monster, has turned into a publicizing system in excess of a social one. As I would like to think, FB is utilized more to market purposes than individual utilize. This section of gathering of people has relocated gradually, gradually to Instagram and different systems. In this way, taking a choice like this to boycott a promoting market like crypto on FB doesn't appear to be the best for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: