Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:02:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system is not working, failed!  (Read 2606 times)
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:30:29 PM

This merit system is kind of headache for the new comers. These merit points is hard to increase and it will be more difficult to increase. I thing that this system is for removal of some spammers but it is bad for the real users.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:52:29 PM

We should have patience. The system is still new and people need time to accepting and to use it. In maybe one or two month the system works better. I have no worries about the merit system.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:54:36 PM

I agree it will not reward all the good posters and some will try to abuse it

however it does slow down and hopefully will eventually destroy the bots and useless account farmers.

Even better if they merit starts to erode massively with reports (found true) of spam and bot posting. False report = loss for reporter.

kristii

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:38:45 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.

I think that this is a very useful function and it has a perspective.
The main thing is to add clarity and more sources to get Merit points.
Ayamj

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:43:59 PM

i realy dont understand please what is the benefit
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:52:54 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.
System is not perfect yet, some good post were missed, some of lower quality were merited. Give it some time.
But overall this should stop rank farming.

Still you can read and search high quality content on the forum.
I really do hope that merit system will show itself as a filter and will remove tons of shit-threads and clone-threads.. or at least will make their amount lower.

System doesn't work very well. Admin will try their best to enhance the rules in BTT forum. I hope they will adjust the merits system otherwise it will be complicated on this forum.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:56:33 PM

You are right,not all the quality posts are being recognized by most of the people here in forum,the merit system will fail and im sure theymos would do something about this,as he promised he will adjust this when most of the new folks find it hard to get merits.The only good thing about the merit system is,most of the spammers lately are being forced to post quality contents for them to get some merit points.

I agree. Unfortunately, not all members in the forum who are posting or replying in threads are given their due share of merits even if they are really posting quality contents or materials. It's not that I am saying that the system is a failure, but it is not fair to those who are not recognized. Also, how about for those people who have "connections" that they have built over the years that can give them merits on a whim as compared to those starting up member who are just clawing their way to gain a higher rank. I think that there should be some tweeks on how the merit system works so that everyone can rightfully gain and rank up.

hostrm

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:58:32 PM

I do not quite agree. I started to see more quality posts. But the system is very crude and not worked out. I hope they will change.
blozo

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:01:20 PM

Merit system can be necessary in order to filter spam/low quality posts but it needs to be improved. Basically now few merits are distributed and it is almost impossible to raise your level.

I was one week away to become Full Member now I need 90 (ninety) merit points in order to be promoted. We passed from a system where it was too easy to be promoted to one where it is almost impossible to rank up with the current merit distribution

CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:02:55 PM

The creation of the Merit system to avoid creating accounts and manipulating the forums is not reasonable and makes it difficult for people who join the bctalk for the long time ago. Indeed merit for someone to me is not very comfortable because the interface of forum merit does not stimulate me to give merit to the quality writers. Also, I realize that most people are going to give merit to each other to increase their account rankings.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
pprun

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:18:32 PM

Absolutely expect the unexpected. But this is not rightful to say some words that you didn't know what was going on behind in our capability to see all bitcoin communities doin. Even the merit system will not work properly let us still be educated in this forum. Let us avoid saying negative words to our fellow members. Just do what you can until such time the good member will give us merit without any kind of return as you stated not for free but hopefully you are mistaken. As far as I know not every person is the same.
Please provide some evidence who is/are that person who wants to pay for merit.
anhlandibo12

Activity: 151

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:20:48 PM

I don't think so Smiley. I think it's working really good by preventing account farming activity Smiley. Your account will be useless without merit so nobody can farm account for sale anymore. LOL. People whom often moan about this cause their post quality is not good enough to be able to receive Merit point from other member. Try to increase your post quality and you'll see how good Merit is working atm Smiley

preditor422

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:22:40 PM

I totally agree with you.There will no one who would be ready to give its only merit point to someone as he is unsure whether he will get it back from anyone.And involving the ranking system with merit point is just not fair as if someone who is Sr.member and just after this announcement of merit he becomes Hero member by activities but definitely he will not have that much merit points and he will have to wait till 250 merit points more to get and that is invincible task according to this situation.This means people are stuck with there ranks and that is not good at all.
kaineh

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:23:46 PM

I would modify the merit system. Now without merit you can not increase the level of your account. I would allow to increase the level without merit in the usual mode, but with merit in the accelerated
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:27:25 PM

i think this merit system is extremely hard for a normal member to rank up, it takes to long for a member to complete 100 merit to reach Full member because there are not much people want to give away their merit to another person, the rank up system can not work without anyone willingly to give their merit. i think this problem should be fixed to be more compatible to the community.

najmul33

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:33:38 PM

I don't want to argue with this. Because i don’t know anyone here in bitcointalk. So why And who well Give me Merit ?. but I hope forum moderator make this system for good future all of us.
JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:37:10 PM

Just relax, and wait for it to percolate throughout the forum. It hasn't even been a week yet. Merit was created to address a problem, and I believe that it is doing so relatively well.

Besides, you've got at least a month before you even need to worry about merit, due to your rank. So why care so soon?

EnormousCoin101

Activity: 510

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:39:45 PM

I don't want to argue with this. Because i don’t know anyone here in bitcointalk. So why And who well Give me Merit ?. but I hope forum moderator make this system for good future all of us.

Anyone could give you merit if someone acknowledge your post/comment as constructive and informative or if you had given a useful information that will help others. I don't know much about the technicality of the new merit system but I think that it function like the activity and got delayed to add on your profile when someone give you a merit.

krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:41:28 PM

I think Merit was very good idea. The merit points needed for levelling up compare to posts needed for levelling up is not very good. But has been just a week. Give it some time and will see how it is working. I bet that could be changed if the results are not right.

Anyway it is a step forward.

bayu7adi

Activity: 1386
Merit: 538

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:46:09 PM

Indeed merit system is not working at all. We can go back to the old system and all of us will satisfied.

the old system is very ineffective to maintain the quality of posts
there are so many people who use multiple accounts just to follow a signature campaign
so they throw away their shit post to raise activity and rank
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: