Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:13:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6347 times)
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:12:04 AM

Yes, when I first started knowing cryptocurrency I was scammed in many investment site. Maybe because I was not aware of ponzi scheme and hyip back then. Before you invest in a certain projects or any other investment site. You should first study their company if it real and my tip is avoid such company that will provide a very high profit in return in a short period of time. Yes they will pay you in the start but after that they will eventually gone when they got such money in their pockets.
Victorheywhy

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:17:30 AM

I was almost scammed on Telegram. There are lots of scammers everywhere, even on twitter. Some might even claim they are the bounty managers, whereas not. Scammers are everywhere, it just depends on how we deal with them. There are lots of fake accounts by scammers, mostly in Telegram. I just do not want to get scammed by anyone, cause it's not going to be a funny experience.
Alex_He

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:20:04 AM

I'm a lucky person, experienced two scammer ICO, namely Oren and Benebit. Anyone got luckier?
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:22:12 AM

there are security measures that are worth doing. If you are careful, it is difficult to be deceived. I personally was not deceived. If there were risks, then I knew about them and knew what I'm on. No more information on the Internet. Not for what.

longskie0327

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:28:51 AM

Yes, I experience it too, He copy my account name only he just change something and put # on it, even the campign video I made, good thing I notice it earlier and report to the developer... And told that someone copied and use my name on it,.. Thank God it was cleared and settled. There's a lot of scammer now a days so we have to be really extra careful.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:32:18 AM

I was scammed when I first got into crypto and wanted to try a lending program. I saw an ad on a faucet site claiming to make me like 20% daily. It was called colobit, and I lost about $100 in btc. Now I'm careful and less naive.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:47:09 AM

Yes, when I first started knowing cryptocurrency I was scammed in many investment site. Maybe because I was not aware of ponzi scheme and hyip back then. Before you invest in a certain projects or any other investment site. You should first study their company if it real and my tip is avoid such company that will provide a very high profit in return in a short period of time. Yes they will pay you in the start but after that they will eventually gone when they got such money in their pockets.

Same here, when I am just started with bitcoin I was scammed several times too. I was scammed through HYIP's which involved bitcoins as payment,in  return for a  huge payment. Also, I joined bitsupra here, invested a small amount ob btc but did not give my share and I think they are deactivated now.

As an advise, to newbies here and alike Please check and recheck all ICO's  you are about to join. HYIP are mostly  scam so stay away from it.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 06:04:49 AM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
I never been a victim of some scammers instead I reported them to mods and ICO teams for them to know what really is happening and also to lessen those kind of elements but still they are attacking almost anywhere either on social media, messengers, forum and etc. It is too easy to spot these badass if you have a situational awareness. So if you are in doubt, don't! That is one of those golden rules I did most especially in investments. These type of thieves were just lurking arround so be aware and don't be a victim because being a victim is a choice. Most known thieves in this cyber world and cryptocurrency world are hackers so better stick to that golden rule if you don't want to regret. Grin

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:13:20 AM

I was scammer IM every day. At first I was cheated a lot. But then I had the experience and now no one can fool me. I hate scammers
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:14:43 AM

Yeah I have been scammed more than twice. I recently got scammed of $46 worth of LTC. I wanted to sell my LTC for fiat in a hurry, so I got scammed.
It felt bad for a while but I got over it and I learned an important lesson. I just pray it doesn't repeat itself again.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 06:24:18 AM

Many ICO companies are practically deceiving participants of generosity when, at the end of the campaign, they start demanding some additional data about themselves, or simply force them to demand the payment of earned tokens in the telegram application or others, but do not meet these requirements and, as a result, tokens are not paid. In fact, this is a common fraud.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:27:39 AM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

Pay attention to them, sometime they will show up as site owner. I remember there was some guy scamming people on bittrex chat. He was using ritchie as his username to make it seem legit but "1" than "i". You should look carefully at their username to make sure they are not spam and always visit ico twitter feed from their website or ann.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
leland orser

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:30:11 AM

These are some new tricks, and I've been cheated.
The management of telegram's ICO project suddenly talked to me , and then I gave my ETH to the swindler.
It makes me regret, but I think it's a good experience for me.

Encoded

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:34:32 AM

i was scammed because i trust him/her to handle my token and 1eth to make some profit but he/she never pm me after that.
MainIbem

Activity: 1386
Merit: 400

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:40:29 AM

ethBook conducted a bounty program which I participated. The program was successful. The hardcap was reached according to the Dev team and they vanished. All that invested in that project were scammed, at least for now because nothing have been heard from the team.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:45:47 AM

somehow every time I join bounty telegram I often contacted people and offer good projects or borrow money and will profit big, I am very tergannggu with them still a lot of halal jobs
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:47:44 AM

Thanks for your advice about this kind of scamming strategy, so that we become vigilant to our self,but also i have some small experience in this kind of scamming last year an bitcoin investment,i think that my 0 .024 btc (10,000pesos) will  gain a good profit,when i invest it to those  trading site,but in the end they declare a banckrupt.so now i always vigilant  to those kind of hoax investment and thanks for your information about this scamming.

kickero0O

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:49:32 AM

Yeah I have been scammed more than twice. I recently got scammed of $46 worth of LTC. I wanted to sell my LTC for fiat in a hurry, so I got scammed.
It felt bad for a while but I got over it and I learned an important lesson. I just pray it doesn't repeat itself again.

Why you did not use exchanges... Sad

I was once scammed in an investment site but only a small amount. Now, I am very vigilant if it give big interest.Something that  promise too much return is a scam. Anonymous people or dummy that offer investment is a scam. Go with known people as possible, with known track record at least in my opinion, they are less to become a scam.

███ ███ ███ ███ ███       Node      |      INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGY FOR WIRELESS ENERGY       ███ ███ ███ ███ ███
[   P R E - I T O   ►   Dec 7th - Jan 7th   ] (http://www.nodepower.io/)
FACEBOOK (https://www.facebook.com/nodepower.eu/)  TWITTER (https://twitter.com/nodepower_eu)  INSTAGRAM (https://www.instagram.com/nodepower.eu/)  SLACK (https://join.slack.com/t/node-technology/shared_invite/enQtMjQ2MDQxNjY2ODA0LThlMmIzZmY3ZDc5NmU3M2UwYTU4MDZjYWUyYjRmNzc0M2QxMzFjNDcyYzU2ZTg1YWFjYTM3YmMzOWY4Y2Y5NGI/)  REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/user/nodepower/)  |  WHITEPAPER  | (http://www.nodepower.io/whitepaper.pdf)  MEDIUM (https://medium.com/@nodepower)  TELEGRAM (https://t.me/nodeofficial/)  YOUTUBE (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYyeSKoizPsbmchL9MNzT1w/)  LINKEDIN (https://www.linkedin.com/company/18262353/)  GITHUB (https://github.com/nodepower/)
Mymikagab

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:53:31 AM

i was fooled by the amount $20 but i learned that not to just trust big or small scams in the past so we have to hunt ourselves from studying well so as not to threaten.Scammer not stop to scam people how sad no ♥
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:54:08 AM

I've been scammed when I was new in earning money site like investing money in the website until that I earned much money because of interest I tried to withdraw but they did not send it into my account and they were closed the site, that's a lesson learned to me.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: