Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:05:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6348 times)
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:57:40 AM

i was scammed because i trust him/her to handle my token and 1eth to make some profit but he/she never pm me after that.
Are you serious? Why would you entrust your money to someone who you don't know much about? This is a noob mistake and I feel that most scammers look to prey on noobs like you in this forum which is why I advise everyone not to entrust your hard earned money to anyone that you cannot trust completely. Never ever give up your private keys to anyone apart from the people that you can trust and do not blindly fall for scams like the current twitter scam. Also, avoid downloading phishy wallets which could hijack your credentials as soon as they are opened.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:59:39 AM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
theres only one thing that will always be remembered.NEVER TALK TO STRANGERS if you were expecting someone to be in contact make sure that details must be delivered by him first.or muc better that you will be the one to contact a person so you will not entertain another person since you contact the real one
buhna

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:00:21 AM

I just participated in ICO scam. Of course they did not pay. And in the real life I contacted with scammers. Fortunately, only with little money.

Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:01:54 AM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

That was scary, good thing you did not get scammed. The same thing is happening on Telegram where scammers pretend to be admin and ask for ETH or BTC. I am very careful with people I am dealing with. I make sure it is a real account before sending anything.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:04:02 AM

yeah many scammer out there will use their technique for tricking you.
and I have got scammed when I was newbie with bitcoin. I lost my 0.01 BTC on early 2017.
the scammer claim they have an software for hacking a blockchain network. and with that software you can earn 0.5 BTC/days.
I'm so tempted with that. so I must to pay 0.01 BTC first for getting that software.
so without long thinking I just sent my btc to their wallet. and ..... BOOOM they Blocked me.
this is become my embarrassing experience. and now I have made all the lost become profit. because on this forum.
Many Thanks to bitcointalk  Smiley

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Samkol26

Activity: 532

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:21:39 AM

If you want to see scams and real scammers go to slack.  That place is flooded with scammer

Phash2k

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:26:27 AM

Hey

I almost got scammed this week:
asking in the Semux Discord for a buyer of my coins - got a PM from a person with the Name of a moderator - we know each other from chatting on the channel.
I noticed, he had a new Icon, but since it's the coin's icon, I didn't think about it ... he made a good but reasonable offer, and he is usually the escrow of the coin, so I wanted to just send my coins to him...

I was looking for my btc address to receive his payment, went unvoting my coins to send him, then I thought: why was our chat cleared? We had talked to each other before... I double checked his ID and found he was an impersonator... THAT was close... I was merely one click away from losing lots of money...

Crypto-Beratung und Hilfe bei allen möglichen Crypto-Projekten oder Problemen! https://phash.de
Jesabela04

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:31:26 AM

I haven't been scammed here in bitcoin. I've advised not to give my private keys to anyone specially if it includes MEW passwords through airdrop forms. We must be careful in filling up forms because scammers are everywhere are they're just waiting for their next victims. Let's protect our private keys all the time.
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:34:23 AM

No. Then again a great scam are the ones where you don't realize you've been scam. Say you fell for the hype of something and bought  high, while people controlling the price were dumping on you.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 844

BetFury.com Cryptodrop 🌔 Share $20 MLN in

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:34:29 AM

I've been scammed in the past and now in my email, I am getting too much email that trying to scam me again but fortunately, I don't care with that email and I only deleted the email. but I think many people want to scam other people because they feel that it is easy to scam other people which don't know something so they can take their money with easy. so please be careful when you receive some news that you don't know and it is better to always check the news.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:37:54 AM

I have been scam several times that has do a lot of damage to me  and this has cause me not to trust anyone online because of I have been scam by many that I think I have trust on their services. On this forum I have promote many projects here and those companies and project terms refuse to pay me my coins.
Jasell

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:51:09 AM

I have not experienced and I hope I will not be scammed ever (fingercrossed). There are so many scammers out there, just be careful and learn hoe to distinguish scam emails and don't ever give to anyone your passwords, private keys.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:16:44 AM

Never really scammed but you know I was a half-scammed. It's like when they're changing the bounty rules or changing the project. It's not about being scammed but it's ain't no fain.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fnrecana

Activity: 262
Merit: 3

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big Data Platform

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 12:57:26 PM

No, i haven't been scam. I am very careful in every little thing that i am doing because my brother have been experience it already. What i do is make a reasearch in those ICO that im joining in. This is a way to prevent for being scammed.

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:22:54 PM

Yes Ive already experienced that when a bounty campaign didnt pay us. But thats the worst for me. So far nothing surpassed that worst night for me. Imagine the campaign took 2 months and we didnt get paid. When it comes to being scammed like person to person trade. I dont know if Im just lucky because I didnt experienced that or Im just too keen and always thinking safe. Smiley
AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:24:24 PM

I don't have an experience because when i start here in bitcoin or any cryptocurrencyy friend always reminding me how to identify the scammer and always saying and told me those does and don't join in any attractive post because some of them was scammer and to detect the scammer they are always contacting you to invest and join to their company that is the one how you identify scammers.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:25:37 PM

Until know i have lucky because i don't ever scammed in my life in this crypto world. In my experience i know if it scammer or not because i follow my rules about the serious investing. First you need to know that your buyer/seller have a legit facebook account. Then search about her/him if it os true and survey of he/she have other sucessfull negotiations
grumpylittlepoodle

Activity: 224

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:30:34 PM

Same here , I almost joined an ICO which later on appears that the whole team in the project listed were fake profiles good thing I've been checking their thread and was saved by people in the comment sections who uncovers the truth. Its hard to trust ICOs nowadays but I still do since they are profitable but right now I am taking extra measures before doing so.

wphyolinn

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:31:03 PM

I have not been scammed. But a friend of mine was. It was his fault, he did not read the WP.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:37:02 PM

Yes so many times and last time was the xmrg exit scam. I was devastated and i want them to be punished to what they've done. Thank God, scam foundation will be the answer. Will be after the scammer and get justice for the victims.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: