Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6347 times)
Betszkie12

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:26:15 PM

So far I have not been scammed but almost when I noticed that there was something wrong with the whole idea presented. And more often they would ask for coins to be deposited in their accounts. When these things get in between conversations I would always stop to analyze what is really going on. In this manner I can think more than twice before I could decide and fall into their traps.
selline

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:30:18 PM

I was almost cheated when following ico, I got telegram PM from someone claiming to be a dev, he told me the website was in trouble and gave me a wallet address for me to send my eth
Do not ever believe if there is someone who sends by telegram. investment has its own way with the website and also there kyc process for self-verification ourselves. not that easy. it's obviously a scam
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:33:35 PM

I just want to say here that people should understand the meaning of scam, some things do not REALLY qualify for scam, depending on how you see it. For example, I was part of a project but only as a sign up member, promised a small amount of free tokens. I did not refer anyone, did not do anything else, but eventually the project only awarded some people for sign ups, I got nothing and was lumped into category of multiple referrals. It did not make sense since I did not sign up under anyone or ask anyone to sign up under me but it taught me a valuable lesson about "free" things. Did I get scammed? I do not think so. But others would have said so.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Old God

Activity: 434
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:35:40 PM

Me not, but my friend was scammed here oh this forum, some thief stoled his account so be carefull guyz
NiinaKub

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:43:57 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
one time i was really close to be scammed, participated in ICO ,whole chat was waiting for a ETH adress and someone posted it ,looks like legit, many sent their eth to this fake adress but i checked first eth adress in mail and saw that they are different
chirst adam94

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:46:41 PM

I’ve had people try on telegram but I educated myself and I don’t fall for any of it now. Most people impersonate admins  Smiley
StevenCS

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

Apeswap Finance

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:52:49 PM

scammers can not be controlled in the crypto world, so be careful and improve your security, not to give information to others.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
richman3451

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 09:24:11 PM

there are a couple of bounty companies that promised big income now do not pay coins after the end of the bounty and when you ask managers a question they just keep silent I think it's very not fair because you always try to lead the company in good faith
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:41:20 AM

No, in my almost a year experience here in the company of bitcoins, there is no any moment that I get be scammed by other people.
I always provide a wide range critical thinking so all the possibilities may arise and be think briefly.
kendedes

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:07:22 AM

We will find many scammers commonly on the social media forum such as the twitter and telegram. But, I also find some sending the scam emails.
For the scam ICO, fortunately, I never involved in the scam ICO. It is too relieved and hopes to be able to avoid them.
Scammers are exactly everywhere. So, we just must pay more attention and be careful in choosing the ICO project, bounty programs, airdrops, and other offerings.

▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀ ╙███▄▄
 █▀ ▄██▀└,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ¬╙▀ ▄▄
 ,▄█▀,▄▄█▀▀▀¡╓╓╓  ▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀ ▄█▀.▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█▄µ ▀█▄ ▀█╖
▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀`▄▄██▀▀██▄µ`┘,▄  ▄⌐╙█▄
▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀,▄▄▄▄▄µ└▀█▄ ▀█ ╙█╖╙█▌
▀ ▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀└;┌▀▀█▄ █▌ █▌ ║█ ▐█
╔▄┘ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▄ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█  ▄ ▐█
█▀ ██ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ██ ║█ ║█ ║█ ▐█
  █▌ ▄█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█┘╓█▌ █▌ █▌
 ██ ▄█ ▄█┘,█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀,█▌ ▄█
▐█ ╓█¬╓█H █▌ ██ ▄█▀ ╓ ▀ ▄█▀ █▀
██ ██ ██ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ╓█▀
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ ▄┐ █▌ █▌ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘
█▌ █▌    █▌
   █▌ █▌ ▀┘
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
▀┘ █▌ █▌ █▌
   ▀┘ ▀┘
Privix.

Become part of a decentralized virtual
private network based on masternodes
and start earning money today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
██
▀█
██

BisaloElect

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:51:07 PM

I can not say if this is scam or not. After registrating for an airdrop, they changed the ETH wallet and when the ICO's were to be released they changed the whole ETH wallet address and paid into the changed ones. That airdrop is a scam
DevilDevil

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:20:33 PM

So I need to be wary of greetings from strangers from twitter and telegram, and I can get a variety of people masquerade as ICO project every day to ask if I need to buy tokens.
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:24:07 PM

Yes ive been thru a lot of scams. They said that they will give you the chance to have an amount of bitcoin just only to pay amount they needed. I put trust on them but definitely it didnt work out and they disappeared just like a bubbles.
sangalangdavid

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:25:12 PM

I've been already scammed by a campaign. I participated in their signature campaign and has done the things they are requiring but in the end, they left their participants hanging. No updates at all and they did not paid us for our hard work and dedication.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
pokemon43

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:25:59 PM

I’ve had people try on telegram but I educated myself and I don’t fall for any of it now. Most people impersonate admins
truong.bui45

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:28:02 PM

I am thankful that I never been scammed or even almost,maybe because I seldom negotiate with other people here in crypto and usually I joined bounties that i knew it is valid or legal. We should always be cautious especially giving our private keys and password.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

I almost got scammed by a phishing site copying the website of myetherwallet good thing is I noticed the url of the site to be different from the original url because what I saw is myeherwallet. The fault on my part is that I forgot to bookmark the legit website since I am a newbie at that time but still I am thankful that  I haven't put my wallet details at that time.

anquoc2000

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:01:05 PM

Yes, I have been scammed before both ICOs and some of these HYPs investment platform, what I discovered is that of you are greedy and novice in this space you will likely get scammed and offer that is too good to be true will likely be a scam offering.
ligerti

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:54:32 PM

Carefully and attentively I concern to studying of each project. Therefore, until the deception did not come across absolutely. But there are people around me who have faced such a deception.
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 01:58:25 PM

I'm aware of the twitter scammers, mostly is twitter giveaways scams are common now on twitter, but the most tragic scam happened to me is the Lending ICO scam lost all of my money there, and now I'm recovering from my lose
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: