Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6342 times)
nadezda@

Activity: 392
Merit: 28

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:39:08 AM

Bounty hunters often write their mail in Google form, and we become an easy bait for spammers and fraudsters, I often receive emails with phishing sites.
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:38:46 PM

I think if I say that this account bypassed me, I'll lie. People tried to deceive me, but they never succeeded and only when the scammers wrote from my friend's account, they succeeded.
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 03:47:20 PM

There is alot of telegram scamers. i never been scamed. Usualy admins from legit projects will not start a conversation with you in private messages.  Unless you start the conversation yourself. These scamers using very similar usernames as project admins and they offer to buy tokens even if token sale is over Cheesy

Do4a

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:51:58 PM

Over the last month I was deceived in 3 projects in which I participated as a member of the bounty program. It actually goes beyond the bounds of decency, such a number of bench was not for a long time

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:53:27 PM

Talkin about ICO's - I've not been. The explanation is not that I'm super-educated investor, no. The quantity of projects I have participated in isn't that many.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:54:01 PM

Very often, especially in 2018, I meet people who say that the market today is not the same and there are a lot of scammers who today really try to work with cryptocurrencies a lot, so of course they deceived me and will deceive us until we create the conditions for normal of projects
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:00:33 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

yes i do scammed by ICO's where i put money and effort to promote their project. well this is unexpected when the devs backed out or the project didnt push through. but inspite of scams that ive been through, i do believe in icos as always.
meritbygrace

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:14:33 PM

Yes,Many times I have been scammed.Lot of projects I have campaigned for are all scam project. I think the story I heard before joining the industry is not the same  thing going on now. Then the boss whom introduced me was making it as a hunter and was proud happy telling friends all about this great industry...We the hunters need help by lot of scam ICO.
bitbabba

Activity: 348

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:28:07 PM

I have been scammed because of the project i invested called etherlance, they ran away with my 0.1 eth:) I mostly can say scammed because of the rule altering bounty managers or project owners which are planning to give always less than we deserve.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
sandgluenick

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:29:32 PM

as a bounty hunter I only experienced a few Bounty cases that I followed did not continue. whether it can be called fraud or not but I feel disappointed about that. but even so, I didn't really care about that because I didn't really lose because I only lost time. I hope that I have never experienced fraud which is detrimental to my assets
ejhayehm

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:31:22 PM

Over the last month I was deceived in 3 projects in which I participated as a member of the bounty program. It actually goes beyond the bounds of decency, such a number of bench was not for a long time

I also got some scams in bounties campaigns. I just join the bounties that have a few participants so it's really risky. However, it will give me a very big rewards.
straimrpl777

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 05:20:09 PM

Scammers are everywhere, especially in crypto. You can not trust anyone, all in most cases want to take your money by any means. The main way is to steal your private key.
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 05:30:03 PM

I think everyone who doing crypto for several years was scammed once or more, as for me personally I was scammed two times when I was less expirienced and invested in scam ICOs, now I never was scammed for a long time.
anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 05:36:40 PM

I got scammed on ebay when I was young. Since this experience, I am really careful on my internet activities.
Crypto has a lot of risks and issues in it which have to solved to scale.
For newbies, don't share your priv keys with anyone and check the url of webpages before doing anything

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Gyromancer

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 05:44:22 PM

The longer I join the crypto currency, the more my knowledge increases and the more experienced I am so that it is not easy to be deceived. I have been a victim of ICO fraud a number of times because the ICO that I participated in was apparently an irresponsible ICO. I was very disappointed because I had risked my time to run what was my duty as a bounty campaign hunter. But I can only take the positive side of the fraud that happened to me so that now I can be more experienced in choosing a truly responsible ICO. We should be more careful because many irresponsible people want to take other people's things. We do not easily believe when there are suspicious parties who suddenly contact us. Hopefully soon there will be a special institution that handles cryptocurrency fraud so that there will be no more fraud in crypto currencies.

nangiarushali
Copper Member

Activity: 257
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 05:50:12 PM

By god's grace not till now and hope for the same in future. But once i have joined two scam projects, by mistake , for which i was also been red marked or issued negative trust in Bitcoin Forum.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
barabarian1

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 05:57:06 PM

I have never been cheated and hopefully fraud does not happen to me. indeed not a few people who want to get profits but in a negative way. and that is very worrying in the world of cryptocurrency. I myself work with hunting prizes in various ico campaigns. and there are some ico who don't give me rewards, and in my opinion it is fraud. maybe that's the only thing that makes me disappointed, already working but the ico manager gives no rewards. that's the only bad thing that happened to me.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Good day! 2017 was a year of a lot of scam ICOs and I got scammed on 2 of them. It's just wise I invest small amounts only. After accumulating big amount from investors the site just disappeared. So I no longer invest on these hyip projects. I do a lot of research this time before investing.
dio1715

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:03:30 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

The crypto market today is filled with fraudsters. Their schemes of deception change all the time. They come up with something new ... I am sure that caution in crypto is the path to success. We must pay special attention to safety and be very attentive.
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:12:19 PM

I have been scammed a plenty of times because i joined in a scam bounty projects and i am really mad about it, but i still spend a lot time in participating in bounty projects because i still believe that time will come that i will recieve a huge earnings from it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: