Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:34:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658493 times)
cryptocyprus (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:33:46 PM

Danny, I'd like to ask you what is your stance about the European Banking Authority saying they are studying Bitcoin and think they have the authority to shut it down, even if they still don't have the slightest idea on how to do it. Do you think your contacts in Cyprus will make a contact with them in a near future?

It is just making people aware of the risks, it doesn't say anything about shutting it down. People should be aware of the risks. If it makes it into the media here I will issue an official response from Neo.

Maybe I should ask for a notice on the dangers associated with holding Euros.

With regards to people suggesting I do not come on the forum and waste my time. My Reddit time is generally when I have my coffee or I am winding down of an evening (Am I not allowed this time?). Time on here is when I am between tasks, researching other aspects or in my own down time. I had already made arrangements to move away from posting on here myself with more details of that coming in tonight's update.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:54:00 PM

These "officials" have two options:

A. Become the bitter twats that warned against a revolutionary payment system and risk being remembered that way, as expired fools clinging to their old obsolete ways.

or

B. Become one of the visionary pioneers that helped pave the way for a revolutionary payment system.

History won't be forgiving with them.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

jbest8283

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:07:06 PM

Danny, I'd like to ask you what is your stance about the European Banking Authority saying they are studying Bitcoin and think they have the authority to shut it down, even if they still don't have the slightest idea on how to do it. Do you think your contacts in Cyprus will make a contact with them in a near future?

It is just making people aware of the risks, it doesn't say anything about shutting it down. People should be aware of the risks. If it makes it into the media here I will issue an official response from Neo.

Maybe I should ask for a notice on the dangers associated with holding Euros.

With regards to people suggesting I do not come on the forum and waste my time. My Reddit time is generally when I have my coffee or I am winding down of an evening (Am I not allowed this time?). Time on here is when I am between tasks, researching other aspects or in my own down time. I had already made arrangements to move away from posting on here myself with more details of that coming in tonight's update.

"Wasting" your time (from a business standpoint) is FAR from what I meant. What I meant was there's no need to explain yourself to the few who ask the same question day in and day out hoping to get a different answer. Updates from NEO-PR or the shareholders site is enough for that. If you enjoy it, far be it from to tell you what you should and shouldn't do. But if you are the business person you seem to be than this type of ignorance from some will frustrate you...as it frustrates me. That, to my understanding, is exactly why there is now a NEO-PR account.

Anyway, things seem great! The WeEx issue seems to have pissed people off...because they may get their coins back...I'm still a little fuzzy as to why everyones panties are in a bunch.
jbest8283

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:08:49 PM

As a shareholder I would rather not see you posting here at all.
No disagreement there. And don't forget all the reddit activity.
Better tell nothing than spend your time making nonsensical statements (got a spontaneous PM from cryptocyprus that I still don't understand).

If you think I'm a "troll" instead of simply being concerned, I can tell you, your blind trust will turn against you.

You must be a lawyer. You seem to have a knack for putting words in peoples mouths.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:18:56 PM

Anyway, things seem great! The WeEx issue seems to have pissed people off...because they may get their coins back...I'm still a little fuzzy as to why everyones panties are in a bunch.

Things are great, jbest8283.  For the busy moms who won't have to launder diapers any longer.
Neo & Bee CEO is relocating to US and starting a diaper service.  On a dare.
I'll be taking care of your banking needs.  From Cyprus.  Also on a dare.
You can see why some people giggle when i use "bitcoin" and "business" in the same sentence, right?

Deal!! Which State? Whoever succeeds on a profit basis across both businesses wins and the other person must close their Bitcointalk account and never return. I am sure I will have plenty of support from people around here.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:25:10 PM

This is OT but somewhat relevant given today's posts.

What some people fail to understand is that it's very easy for a reasonably intelligent person to pull apart anything that gets said or any company, even if they've been successful. Imagine if Bill Gates or Steve Jobs were on here - trolls could say all the same kind of stuff, particularly during their start-up phases.

If I had an alt I could do much the same as Crumbs (which is an alt for another user). I could have done a lot more since I actually do due diligence and use lawyers where as crumbs continually quotes legal stuff he's not entirely right about (not according to my lawyers - and I trust them over a random Internet troll who won't even divulge his identity).

People like this are willingly destructive. Things like Bitcoin would never have come from them - this 'illegal' currency that you're trusting some anonymous guy and a few webmongs to manage for their own purposes. All these people do is criticise and stir, mainly to get attention to make up for their own image issues or even just pure entertainment because they're simply not nice to know.

I hear excuses like "it doesn't matter" or "it does no harm" and that isn't true. In my industry we have to deal with criticism from the public and I can tell you that it hurts, especially once it hits troll-like proportions (which it can even from professionals), more so when it's not true and it's done to attention-seek or by those who believe their $5 means they have right of ownership.

I did spend a great deal of time trying to do positive things with ActiveMining but certain people caused a huge amount of problems and stress - that contributed to me walking away because I was doing unbelievable hours, unpaid and with no benefits, only to get a load of shit for it which no, I couldn't ignore because every day there'd be more of it from people rising to the bait. Have a round of applause, well done.

No one likes to get abuse. I'd like those same people to come meet me in person and do the same to my face one day, in front of a crowd of human beings in real life. They won't because they'll hide behind their keyboard and usually their anonymity. They'd rather attack the non anonymous people who are trying to be productive or trying to help.

How sad and pathetic is that?

What sort of person goes up to people who have potentially lost thousands or hundreds of thousands and rubs it in their face, riles them up, and works against those trying to fix it?

What sort of utterly pathetic individual thinks that's funny?

What would your family think if that happened to them, their wife, their kids, their parents?

In fact, for many people it's a source of major stress and causes them to quit or other issues. It does do damage, particularly when you work exceptionally hard to do good and some shit continually works against you for no reason other than their own self-image issues. It's bullying, short and simple. It may be funny at times, it may even be accurate at times, but there is a way to do things and a way not to. In my mind it's not different to the beating up on the poor kid at school and then blaming him for not being able to take a joke.

Crumbs is intelligent. He does sometimes raise good points. Then he rubs people's nose on it and picks on things just because he can. That's a shame because he could actually be bringing up genuine problems in a positive way. Whatever you say to this crumbs, we both know this is not what you do and it's disappointing that some can't see it.

Bringing it back on topic, Danny is trying to do something very positive. I can understand fellow WeEx users having a mixed response but it grates on me to see the trolls stirring stirring stirring - but apparently it's fine because it's just a joke.

It isn't just a joke, at best you take up people's time who are trying to do good things whilst making others stressed and confused. At worst, you're hurting people.

I'm not going to answer any troll responses to this post because trolling it is easy. I've got zero respect for those who do that but it doesn't mean it's easy to ignore - because I'm a human being, with feelings. You know what they are, right?

Being productive, now that's hard.

Danny and the team at Neo are trying to do amazing things. Danny is also trying to rescue those of us stuck in the WeExchange mess. I don't know if either will work but I applaud them for their efforts. They deserve our respect. End of story.

(Edit: This post won't change a thing, I just felt the need to vent!)

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:33:48 PM

Very well said ffss.  Cool

Cue the pathetic response dressed up as justification and entitlement......
Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:41:31 PM

Good post, ffssixtynine.

To Cryptocyprus: I think you might be spending your precious time responding to trolls that just suck up your time with nothing good. Just an observation from a 3rd party (me).

My timeline in this thread kind of looks like this:

<Non-visible post by ignored user crumbs>
Post by another user.
<Non-visible post by ignored user pankkake>
Reply to ignored users by Cryptocyprus
<Non-visible post by ignored user pankkake>
Reply to ignored users by Cryptocyprus

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:02:37 PM

I offer my trolling services.

Do you want to make some users rage? Reveal their dark/hideous side? Have some fun? Do you have no time to reply, yet have a hard time resisting duty calls?

What I am selling is not just dumb sockpuppet messages, it is carefuly crafted rage-inducing posts. Or simply proving a point. In can make people rage or simply make them look wrong while staying classy. You choose.

It's not a way to get your scam approved on Bitcointalk. It's not limited to forums or even this forum. It's everywhere users can write stuff and it gets read. It's not a way to make lies make sense, I won't do it and can't do it anyway.

It's a way of responding to stuff when you don't have the time.

What I would like the most is doing stuff like responding to idiotic comments or articles, for examples about Bitcoin. There are many in the French press, and I have responded to some rather well.

Price: 0.005 BTC per post, i.e. 1 BTC gives you 200 posts.

This price is indicative; some people will have a "pay what you feel it's worth" deal.
I also give free trials to people with enough reputation provided they give public feedback (positive or negative).

Skills:
I have 10+ years experience trolling forums and have eventually been banned in most. I know how moderators think (and have been part of moderator teams, though I really dislike the job), so I can play with the rules if I want to. I'm used to threats.
I have an extensively tweaked browser which allows me to be faster than most.
I have hurt a lot of feelings just on this forum.
Languages: English, French

Terms:
  • If I get banned before some interesting results you'll get a reduced price
  • I am not selling my identity, I am selling content, you are not buying sockpuppets
  • I reserve the right to refuse offers though I have little interest for political correctness

First section of the first post of the crumbs alt:

These boards are great.  Bitcoin attracts a fun cross section of people, from hardware geeks & coders to Silk Road dealers to day traders to guys with more money than you can shake a stick at.  From all around the world.  Pretty much anything Bitcoin-related can be had here.  But it's also a place where money changes hands, so there are rules.  If you're new here, which is a pretty safe bet since this is the noob jail, you might find some of these rules ... unusual Undecided  I've already wasted a bunch of your time, so i won't try for a graceful segway, and just rattle them off.  Here we go:
  • Sockpuppetry -- a single person with multiple accounts -- is not only common, but endorsed here.  
    On other boards, socks are at best annoying -- lonely basement dwellers choreographing conversations with their alts for friends, that sort of thing.  Once money is involved, it's worthwhile to remember the 5 guys trading & vouching for each other are... Well, you know.

And I'll leave the rest to the reader.
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:06:05 PM

Danny and the team at Neo are trying to do amazing things. Danny is also trying to rescue those of us stuck in the WeExchange mess. I don't know if either will work but I applaud them for their efforts. They deserve our respect. End of story.
Shareholders deserve clarity and transparency.  We basically had to pry the information from Danny.  And, in the end, we learn that NB isn't even involved in the WeEx deal to begin with (even though Danny implied that they were).

Don't act like they are knights on white horses.  They are people, and they make mistakes. It should be easy to correct those mistakes, but if it takes people asking the same questions over and over to finally get them answered, then that's not a failure on the part of the people asking questions.  I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but Danny certainly has not been clear or transparent on the BF/WeEx deal to NB shareholders.

Respect is something earned, not entitled.

1. The BF/WeEx deal does not involve NeoBee or NeoBee funds.
2. Your involvement does not create a direct cost for NeoBee, and there are no other financial costs to NeoBee associated with this deal.
3. None of your time or any other time by NeoBee employees spent on this deal will be charged to NeoBee.
4. This deal has no direct monetary benefit and/or profit potential for NeoBee.
5. There are no legal risks to NeoBee with your involvement in this deal.

Danny has yet to confirm the above information, but I assume that information is correct. That SHOULD HAVE been released in a single post back when Danny promised to clarify the situation.  His failure to do so created the confusion.

Again, if shareholders are confused or request information, that's a valid concern and it's the responsibility of the CEO to address those concerns.

crumbs

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:13:55 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 05:01:41 PM by crumbs

[wall of text]

Danny is not an innocent, trying to save kittens and getting laughed at for his efforts.
He is attempting to create a banking institution, bringing to bitcoin all of the fiat bankster trappings bitcoin was meant to obsolete -- cronyism, back room deals, bailouts.

The WeEx incident embodies all of the above.  You are free to speculate about my motives, but attacking my character while avoiding the crux of my arguments is just weak.

Yes, i get that it is unpleasant to be caught lying to your investors, but suggesting that i stop because it makes Danny uncomfortable is pretty funny.

Edit:  Implying that using the shareholder's coin to bail out WeEx is a minor technicality & therefore should be overlooked is equally absurd.
crumbs

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:32:52 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 04:57:43 PM by crumbs

First section of the first post of the crumbs alt:

These boards are great.  Bitcoin attracts a fun cross section of people, from hardware geeks & coders to Silk Road dealers to day traders to guys with more money than you can shake a stick at.  From all around the world.  Pretty much anything Bitcoin-related can be had here.  But it's also a place where money changes hands, so there are rules.  If you're new here, which is a pretty safe bet since this is the noob jail, you might find some of these rules ... unusual Undecided  I've already wasted a bunch of your time, so i won't try for a graceful segway, and just rattle them off.  Here we go:
  • Sockpuppetry -- a single person with multiple accounts -- is not only common, but endorsed here.  
    On other boards, socks are at best annoying -- lonely basement dwellers choreographing conversations with their alts for friends, that sort of thing.  Once money is involved, it's worthwhile to remember the 5 guys trading & vouching for each other are... Well, you know.

And I'll leave the rest to the reader.

Ignoring that your attempt to discredit me is off topic, how does exposing the fact that this forum is rife with socks make me one?  
NEO-PR

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 08:09:49 PM

Neo & Bee Update Dec 13, 2013

Public Presentations
Danny Brewster, CEO of Neo, will be presenting Bitcoin at a conference organized by The University of Nicosia. Members of the government, political parties, media and the central bank have all been invited. Nondas Medaxas, Chairman of the Cyprus Stock Exchange and Dr. Christos Vlachos, CFO of The University of Nicosia, will also be speaking at the event.

Danny Brewster's presentation will help to educate attendees with accurate information about Bitcoin is, and the social and economic changes this technology can bring to Cyprus and the world.

Cyprus Investors Show
The feedback from the Cyprus Investors Show 2014 has been great. Neo & Bee was the main sponsor of the event, which provided many opportunities and increased interest into Neo’s services and plans.

The live demonstration of the Bee POS terminals, left many observers open mouthed at the speed and ease of the transaction.

EasyCoin Customer Referral Program
We are going to be introducing a customer referrals program to enable people to earn money themselves for promoting the use of EasyCoin to obtain crypto-currencies. The referral program will be designed to ensure abuses of the system cannot take place.

Television Appearances
George Papageorgiou, COO of Neo, appeared live on Sigma News and Antenna news to answer questions on Bitcoin and about Neo & Bee. This is part of an effort to position Neo and its representatives as knowledgeable experts on Bitcoin in Cyprus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBwZO1-5pV0

Central Bank of Cyprus’ Position on Bitcoin
An anonymous source from the The Central Bank of Cyprus issued a statement on the telephone stating that using Bitcoin can be dangerous because it has no oversight from the government.

Danny Brewster issued the following statement, which was presented to the public in every newspaper that published the news from the Central Bank:

We were informed today, that the National News Agency contacted the Central Bank of Cyprus for a statement regarding digital currencies. The alleged response from sources withheld was that digital currencies are unregulated and therefore "dangerous". This spurred interest in the media and ambiguous responses.

As the CEO of the largest business in the world that is building infrastructure around the Bitcoin technology, I'd like to disclose that we have been trying over the last two weeks to reach and arrange a meeeting with the CBC so that can operate under the regulatory framework that they deem appropriate. I am happy with the fact that as the People's Bank of China, the Central Bank of Cyprus has confirmed its agreement that the use of Bitcoin by individuals is welcome and holds potential. This statement from the Central Bank is no different to any other Central Bank in the world.

The use of Bitcoin carries risks like any other financial instrument. However, because Bitcoin is still only 5 years old, the infrastructure is still being developed. Bitcoins have value because they are useful, they can travel immediately and they cannot be reproduced by fiat, by anyone. I sincerely wish such transparent and free protocols were available by voluntary consensus to everyone.

The release from the People's Bank of China, was heavily misinterpreted and this resulted in a temporary drop in the exchange rate of Bitcoin, which today is again approaching $1000. Said statement, explicitly states that individuals and non-government businesses can transact freely with Bitcoin. In addition, Switzerland is soon holding the discussion at a parliamentary level, as to whether or not they should recognize Bitcoin as a currency.

On the topic of Bitcoin as a potential facilitator of illicit activities, it is only right to quote Jennifer Shasky Calvery, Director of the United States Treasury Department, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, who said "Cash is still the best medium for laundering money" during the congressional hearing regarding Bitcoin on November 17th. This is due to the fact that every Bitcoin transaction is registered and visible on a publicly available ledger. Cash is far more anonymous than Bitcoin will ever be.

The largest company that is developing the infrastructure to make the use of Bitcoin safer, easier, more accessible and more stable is based in Cyprus. This company has already created many jobs and has outsourced even more with a structured plan to create hundreds more jobs over the months ahead. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Cyprus to become an innovative leader within the global financial services industry.

The only positive global news coverage surrounding Cyprus in 2013 was due to the fact that a private University accepts Bitcoin as a payment method, to enable everyone access to cheaper education, including those who are part of the 5bn un-banked statistic. These people are essentially extorted by the legacy payment industry. As National Geographic said, the Payment Industry makes and spends billions to accomplish what Bitcoin essentially does for free.

To realize these advantages, the authorities and regulators need to be fully and thoroughly communicated with all the details, challenges, potentials and benefits of this truly innovative technology, by those who have studied it further already.

We will keep trying to approach the Central Bank in an effort to explain our operations' model and provide all the necessary information to evaluate our business and the underlying technology.

We do not need permission from the Central Bank to operate any aspect of our business, however we are continuing to lobby for a clear set of regulations that we can operate within.

Office Space
We have now taken delivery of another 250sqm of office space within the 7 Stars Tower, which will be home to all of our customer support operations.

Advisory Board
Andreas Antonopoulos is providing advisory services to Neo & Bee across multiple areas of the business. Andreas is a long standing, highly respected and knowledgeable member of the Bitcoin community and we are extremely lucky to have him on board in this advisory position. More information about our Advisory Board will be provided in the future.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:27:15 PM

The release from the People's Bank of China, was heavily misinterpreted [...] Said statement, explicitly states that individuals and non-government businesses can transact freely with Bitcoin.

Can you extend and clarify for us, if you have further knowledge of the situation?

Bobby Lee, CEO of BTC China:
"goods and services cannot be priced and cannot be paid for in bitcoin [...] essentially if bitcoin is not a currency in China ... as a state only recognizes one single currency which is the RMB. therefore all merchants, stores and services can only accept the RMB and since bitcoin is not a currency and not a recognized currency so it's actually a logical conclusion that China for now will not allow goods and services to be sold and paid for by bitcoin" Bobby Lee (CEO of BTC China)"
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgQFzyg8pk&feature=youtu.be&t=21m57s

It's great to have Andreas' support, he's a brilliant man.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:06:19 PM

Advisory Board
Andreas Antonopoulos is providing advisory services to Neo & Bee across multiple areas of the business. Andreas is a long standing, highly respected and knowledgeable member of the Bitcoin community and we are extremely lucky to have him on board in this advisory position. More information about our Advisory Board will be provided in the future.

Aha Andreas, another Alpha on board - eponymous and brilliant.

Welcome on board!  Grin

N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:20:31 PM

Neo & Bee Update Dec 13, 2013

Bullish.
moses

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:33:22 PM

Why did the price drop almost 30% today? I wanted to buy more after I read that Andreas Antonopoulosis providing advisory services and saw it at 0.21
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:34:07 PM

Some idiots dump their shares - I bought a shitload!
Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:38:46 PM

Some idiots dump their shares - I bought a shitload!

You can call them idiots, but you don't know what they know. Those same idiots still made a profit. They also don't trust HavelockInvestments with all the bullshit going on with them. Today, Virtex announced their de-listing, converting Bitcoin back to god-damned fiat, but making your shares regular Canadian company shares, tied to the Canadian dollar.

In the end, you do what you have to do.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

My confidence in Danny went down a bit because of his involvement in the Weexchange fiasco, after making promises he did not deliver on.

However, Andreas being on the advisory board is fantastic news, which is why I still have kept half my shares. I still believe Neo & Bee is a great investment, the idea and people promising for the most part, but I'd really like it if Danny would adopt the "under-promise and over-deliver" philosophy.

You said you would start redistribution of coins to people tonight, and pushed it until Monday. After seeing posts week after week of delays from Ukyo, and very little information, I didn't need to now see your name attached to yet more delays and just-as-little new info.
I bought them thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: