Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:17:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you even read whitepaper bro?  (Read 9158 times)
ROB18

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:46:58 AM

I do read the whitepaper but not detailed by detailed. Just checking the main points. What is the project, how much they want, hey people behind it, the timetable and ofcourse the value of the project and if its gonna have something added to the marketplace. Then that's the time I decide to join any campaign and invest.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2gether

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

http://2gether.global

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 11:57:40 AM

I think for projects you are seriously interested in reading the whitepaper is a must.

2gether, Finance Powered By The People!
EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:22:10 PM

I work for Globcoin and I know for a fact that very few people read the whitepaper. But I think it's understandable, it's very heavy and technical and usually not written by someone who is used to "ease" content for users.

As an alternative we have a blog where I "translate" different whitepaper info to a more friendly tone.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:27:41 PM

Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.
Yes indeed reading a lot of whitepapers will give you headaches,i personally reading 2-3 whitepapers per so i can take note which new projects will have potential to grow in the future.I am taking notes in every whitepaper i read about so i wont have any problem recalling which projects would be an ideal investment in the future.

Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 12:33:46 PM

I think it's very necessary one go through these whitepapers so as to really understand the project concept properly. That will serve as a due diligence process for you as an investor. Without proper understanding of the whitepaper one can invest in the wrong place. That will be very dangerous.

musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:39:39 PM

haha, it would be good to read the whole whitepaper but let's be honest with ourselves, who has a time for that? When I find the project in which I'm really interested in, I read it carefully though and based on that I either invest or not.

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
CoinNo1

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:51:07 PM

Are you kidding?... Whitepaper is the most important informations of an ICO or crypto project beside its website. It always took us lots of time to read all pages of one WP. So, I need read WP of project I am really interested in.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:54:09 PM

The fact that white paper should be read is unquestionable. Probably most people don't do it for a variety of reasons. However, it is good to review white paper before investing.

Slava79

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:00:42 PM

Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.

Usually there is a big preamble part, explaining what cryptcurrency is, they tell why bitcoin is outdated and what problems it has. Then you have some words of scalability and user adoption, bad user experience of the existing solutions.

Then the is a passage if a new economics, and that no banks are needed.

After that, if you are lucky, there are 2 variants (usually, but not always,  mutually exclusive):

1. Describing new algorithm approach, most often  one screen of text.
2. Describing the new economics approach, the token use, can be quite long.

The thing is to how to get straight to these parts and skipping others.

Try reading several known to you white papers and scan text to see the patterns - key words (PoS, PoW, Scalability, Algorand, Thendermint, Delegates, DPOS) sometimes  these words appear in chapter where the main idea is described. Also, look for charts, they usually come in the part where the key things are explained.

I think after reading 5 or 10 documents you get the habit of skipping the nonsense and find the main idea, if any.

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:04:40 PM

Actually I'm not reading white papers,
My strategy is to know their platform. When will it start and how many of their tokens supply? Many of today's ICOs go out and if we read their white papers we can still hold on. It is better to summarize their white paper and post it to facebook with video presentation.
As a bounty hunter i think we must the white paper first to know the project very well. We must allocate some time to read because it is a very important part of the project. We may be a bounty hunter but who knows if we like the project then we can invest in it because we have read it's white paper and we believe in it.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:06:31 PM

White papers are basic reading requirement you must go through before you invest in any project. Whether the project is legit or not you should be able to have a glimpse into the motivation, idea and dream that is driving that particular project. Unfortunately many ICO investors fail woefully in this regard. As for me I read as much whitepaper as require for my information.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:30:48 PM

If you really want to your investment to be worth then you have to read the whitepaper then only you can get the clear idea about that project and can avoid investing your hard earned money into a scam ICO.So I will go through the whitepaper if Inwant to make investment on that project.

Yes, you right. If someone want to be sure that he make money for their investment they need to read the white paper of the project and they need to analyze it, to know whether the project has the possibility to success or not.

dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:35:03 PM

If you really want to your investment to be worth then you have to read the whitepaper then only you can get the clear idea about that project and can avoid investing your hard earned money into a scam ICO.So I will go through the whitepaper if Inwant to make investment on that project.

Yes, you right. If someone want to be sure that he make money for their investment they need to read the white paper of the project and they need to analyze it, to know whether the project has the possibility to success or not.

Reading white paper is one of the important thing you can do to check the project background its also include their goal and roadmap.
So Im always reading whitepaper before entering or investing in some.ico project it can minimize the risk tobe scam because you will be gain idea in their project.

inyakizuryel

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:35:49 PM

Sometimes i don't, but seldom I really read whitepaper of the ico most especially when I'm in doubt with that organization or company and by that I will be more knowledgeable and sure of the things that I am doing, I know whether the ico will be successful or the coin will be successful or not. That are some of the benefits in reading the whitepaper and all of the high ranked people in the industry right now advises us to read the whitepaper for us to be sure in everything we are going to do.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:39:39 PM

Sometimes i don't, but seldom I really read whitepaper of the ico most especially when I'm in doubt with that organization or company and by that I will be more knowledgeable and sure of the things that I am doing, I know whether the ico will be successful or the coin will be successful or not. That are some of the benefits in reading the whitepaper and all of the high ranked people in the industry right now advises us to read the whitepaper for us to be sure in everything we are going to do.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:40:56 PM

Whitepaper describes the whole technical and ideological component of the project. You can not read all the content if you do not want to understand what you are investing in and whether this project will succeed.
halenephthys

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:53:55 PM

Yes. I agree that most of the time, you will get lazy to read the content of the whole paper. It is not only a long piece of article/information but also, its content are mostly hard to understand. Most of the time, I skip reading it. But, reading whitepaper would be great help for all of us. Scam ICOs are everywhere. Sometimes, you can detect it through reading its unrealistic whitepaper. Whitepaper can help us find a great project. It will help us to know how legitimate the project is. Also, it is better for us to promote the project when we really know it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:00:27 PM

Whitepaper can give me headache after spending time reading it so i just choose to read the very important part of the whitepaper and even i don't read it fully, i know i am still on the right track. Recently, i have busted a scam ICO when i read their erroneous whitepaper which in fact were just copied somewhere in the internet plus mentioning a very suspicious person to be part of their team.

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:03:48 PM

I don’t read everytime whitepaper of an ICO but only if i’m quite sure about investing in it..
There are so many interesting ICO And time is limited
ZapXios

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:04:03 PM

As i read in the previous comments and searching samples of a whitepaper, I think whitepapers are very important when investing or being a participant in an ICO. I see it as a detailed and complete information layout of what the project is about and what benefits you will have if you join in them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: