Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:24:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you even read whitepaper bro?  (Read 9161 times)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:27:06 PM

I do read whitepaper of an ICO but  i give focus only to those whitepapers with an interesting idea. You must know clearly what is the purpose of the project and how will the team handle their project to be successful. What i love in reading whitepaper is it give me a lot of information about this business. So guys don't just ignore whitepapers it gives a lot of informations.
Good luck with whitepaper mate. With a lot of ICOs with prospect these days and the fact that whitepapers can easily be dubbed, I usually do not care much about it unless I just need to make a reference to something or probably crosscheck something I really need to know. However, once I am not pleased with the devs or those behind the project, which is where I put a full stop. See it this way, after spending your time reading a whitepaper, and then finding out the team does not qualify holding your penny, which would be a waste of precious time.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:29:55 PM

I do read whitepaper of an ICO but  i give focus only to those whitepapers with an interesting idea. You must know clearly what is the purpose of the project and how will the team handle their project to be successful. What i love in reading whitepaper is it give me a lot of information about this business. So guys don't just ignore whitepapers it gives a lot of informations.
Good luck with whitepaper mate. With a lot of ICOs with prospect these days and the fact that whitepapers can easily be dubbed, I usually do not care much about it unless I just need to make a reference to something or probably crosscheck something I really need to know. However, once I am not pleased with the devs or those behind the project, which is where I put a full stop. See it this way, after spending your time reading a whitepaper, and then finding out the team does not qualify holding your penny, which would be a waste of precious time.
You can tell from reading the Whitepaper if the devs know what they are doing and have a sustainable plan or if it's just a generic text flooded with buzzwords but void of substance. The WP is what decides if an ICO is a longterm hold or just a shortterm flip.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:42:19 PM

Eh, this is a very good question! I know that it would be a good idea to read all the papers, but most of them are so boring and complicate that I give up after short time.
But yes, it's about money, so it's mandatory at least to understand the business.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
petrobit

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:47:16 PM

I try to read. It's hard to break through the mountains of the same type of information and empty chatter, but it's worth it. White paper can really help to understand the scum before it or not.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬   
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:54:32 PM

I always read the whitepaper lad. hahaha. who whould invest on an ICO and not read the whitepaper? By just listening to romurs and to your friends? You gota read it your self and see if its worth your money.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Janinjo11

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Janinjo tips

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:11:20 PM

To be honest, at the beginning I just quickly read white papers.  But now I'm more careful and I read everything. I suggest you do the same.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:15:26 PM

Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.

Yes Im reading on it especially the TOKEN SALE PERIOD part and rules like (freeze tokens, allocation, distributiongs etc). Sometimes token sale period are being mentioned in Whitepaper and not present on the website or ANN thread.

But for other details, Im not really literally reading on it unless I found something special on the discussion of the ANN thread.
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:20:20 PM

It is the only way to chose the correct project for you, so don't miss any detail and analyse whitepaper if you want to invest your money and to get profit in future. Other way you can just lose everything you invested, and you will think about whitepaper and would you read it carefully next time.
Endorphinity

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:28:56 PM

Yes, I always read all the information about the project in which I want to invest. Thanks to this, I analyze the project and can distinguish a good project from scammers.

Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:42:23 PM

Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.
I don't unfortunately read white paper, it gives me headache too and just confuses me (I suddenly have lots of questions). To be honest I don't even believe, that white paper can make a project succeed. There are people/investors decision, whether the project has a good product to produce, white paper is theoretical business plan, written to attract investors, but when the product comes out in the market, even investor can't help if people don't like the product. So it's good to read for additional information and it gives you some advantage bonuses, but it doesn't give you 100% that the project and the product will succeed as it's written!
May be I'll change my mind in the future, but for now I just don't have time to read all of it. Go through particular parts

Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:09:34 PM

Actually, yes. The whitepaper is the only tool we have to understand something of the business, and even it's no perfect, with a little attention we can detect at least the most obvious scam.
It's about my money and my time, I don't want to lose them because of laziness.

joann15

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:11:31 PM

Yes ofcourse this is a must so you can find out if the coin you want to invest is good for your money or not. You can determined also their if those ICOs are scam or not because you will see their team members their and roadmap.

VanKleiss

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:03:35 AM

I usually ask the dev of the thread if he could explain to me briefly what makes the coin special. If the dev explanation is not clear to me or refuse and  refer to the whitepaper , i don't bother read or invest in it. But if he can explain it to me clearly even if it is brief, I check the whitepaper and the roadmap if its worth the risk t invest.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 01:09:41 AM

I actually loled in real life when I read this.  You sound exactly like a selfish, entitled narcisist with no work ethic.

And you expect to get profit?
Are you a millenial?

The whitepaper is one of the most important places to look at to determine if an ICO is a scam or not.
On top of that, the whitepaper will inform you on how professional and well thought out the company is.
If you are too lazy to read whitepapers, you might as well ball up your dollar bills, throw them into the air, and hope it comes back somehow with even more money.

Well, I actually do have some tips on getting through whitepaper faster: it's called being highly literate.
And here's how you become highly literate: you start by READING.

Hmmmm, maybe I'm being too harsh?
But speculative "investors" who don't know anything about market economics and investing really heart the overall health of the cryptomarket.

kristensoto

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:19:40 AM

i think if you want to invest in a project then doing research about their whitepaper is must to all investors, without any information about the project then investing into the project is extremely dangerous, we can easily put ourself in danger without knowledge. There is no shortcut in investing your money into cryptocurrency.

baduday1991

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:26:42 AM

Yes that's the first I am finding on the coin/ICOs I'm searching for the background that I want to spend my money so I can know if that coin/ICOs are a scam or not and has a big future for my money that I want to spend or not. It's a really a lot to read but it's really worth it I suggest might you have to read it always.

hamlet1975

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:41:35 AM

I always do now.  Didn't do that in the Beginning & probably could have saved some heartache if I did.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:10:27 AM

I always look at whitepapers every time I want to participate in the bounty or if I want to invest in the ICO, because I think that whitepaper is very important to know the ICO in the future.

Shaminyue

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:33:36 AM

I read all of information of new project before making any investment (from whitepaper, website, code, comment of others about the project,...). To safe your time, you need to practising skimming and scanning skills while reading.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:22:19 PM

Oh, I have such a sin, too. They often write that you don't understand anything!
But I always ask questions, read comments, reviews, look at the ratings, site.
Everything everyone need as investors is always on the website. Whitepaper will not solve anyone's solution. In fact, I have seen whitepapers that are not pleasing to read, but the project at the end of the day, turned out fine. Maybe you guys should go check out bitcoin's whitepaper.

Grin ... What I am just implying is that, look for the team that you are sure will do what they say they can do and not by just some copied and pasted whitepaper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: