Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:20:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628604 times)
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:31:29 AM

One promotional thing we just did is that we've got a link to our exchange from blockchain.info wallets (only under the UK and EU tabs since we don't service most of the US). See image below. This more than doubled our already high new account rate. We're onboarding new users at a great clip right now. The problem, as I've mentioned, is getting these new users to step up and trade.  

https://i.imgur.com/ljeqLAL.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:37:00 AM

BTW, any plans to add BACS/FPS support for those of us in the UK?  UK bank accounts don't always offer SEPA - and those that do generally charge fees for it.  I guess that would mean supporting GBP though.

(Sorry if this has already been discussed - this thread is a bit long)

We do want to add GBP support. It's mostly a matter of finding a bank that will do it. But there's also an issue about whether we'd add GBP pairs or not. It'd be cool to have them, but it might fracture the already thin volume, so I think it'd be better if we could add GBP by way of a good GBP/EUR exchange rate, at least initially.

I'm perfectly happy to use GBP (or EUR if I have to) to access whatever the most liquid market is (and if it's USD then so be it).  Have you considered running a single multicurrency orderbook for each digital currency (i.e. like on Gox where any XBT buy order can match against any XBT sell order, regardless of the fiat currencies the orders were placed in).  In this way the less popular fiat currencies still access the same liquidity pool.

roy

Yeah, I like that way of doing it, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement for us. I'll add it to my list of ideas though. 
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:52:11 AM

BTW, any plans to add BACS/FPS support for those of us in the UK?  UK bank accounts don't always offer SEPA - and those that do generally charge fees for it.  I guess that would mean supporting GBP though.

(Sorry if this has already been discussed - this thread is a bit long)

We do want to add GBP support. It's mostly a matter of finding a bank that will do it. But there's also an issue about whether we'd add GBP pairs or not. It'd be cool to have them, but it might fracture the already thin volume, so I think it'd be better if we could add GBP by way of a good GBP/EUR exchange rate, at least initially.

I'm perfectly happy to use GBP (or EUR if I have to) to access whatever the most liquid market is (and if it's USD then so be it).  Have you considered running a single multicurrency orderbook for each digital currency (i.e. like on Gox where any XBT buy order can match against any XBT sell order, regardless of the fiat currencies the orders were placed in).  In this way the less popular fiat currencies still access the same liquidity pool.

roy

Yeah, I like that way of doing it, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement for us. I'll add it to my list of ideas though.  

Order matching gets complicated, I think, because one (or both?) parties might end up paying a currency conversion fee for the (parts of) of their order that are matched against an order in a different currency - but presumably this should only ever happen where this is more advantageous then matching against orders in the same currency.  It's not at all clear to me whether it's possible to come up with a well-defined definition of how this should work (although presumably it must be, since I believe Gox does something like this).

ETA: The nice aspect is that, if done right, then worst case I'm no worse off in terms of fees than if I'd been forced to convert my GBP to EUR before buying XBT - but if I'm lucky and the native XBT/GBP liquidity is there I might do slightly better.
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:11:21 AM

Dargo,

Did you find time to talk to tradingview and / or bitcoinwisdom about connecting your data to their charts?

Not yet. We'd prefer to wait on this till we have better volume, and I expect these places might want to see better volume too. See next post though.

If I already were your client and funded my account, I would not even place an order for 1 BTC. I would wait, I would wait, I would wait... I simply can't trade without charts of basic precision.

If you go through my posts you'll conclude that I wish you well. I do not want you to waste money and resources on advertising. I just want at the moment one basic tool: decent charting (the charts on your website are BS - I apologize for speaking my mind).

You could (if you find time) at least send an e-mail to tradingview and bitcoinwisdom and say:
''Hello, I am a new crypto exchange. We created the best trading engine on the market (trailing stops and what nots). I will need charting for my clients in some point in future. Could you tell me whom I should contact within your organisation when I am ready?''.

Maybe some kind of relationship could be established with your e-mail and when you're ready, connecting a decent charting would be quicker (with relations already established)?
Ian999

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:17:36 AM

@Dargo

I first want to say that I firmly believe Kraken is going to be the exchange that dominates this market but there are definitely some adjustments early on that need to be made.

I think the problem Kraken is suffering from is not just on the market maker side (which will fix itself over time), not the regulation side (which hopefully you guys are hard at work on), but the ability for traders to actively trade. Currently, the charting is not overly impressive but more importantly, the act of placing a trade takes quite a bit of time to go from one tab to the other tab. You can't even see the chart and execute the trade on the same page without covering the page with the chart. I think you should take some notes from clarkmoody and rtbtc's platform and adjust the Kraken platform to truly meet the traders needs. You have the orders traders want, the security traders want, the leverage traders want, but not the platform to trade that traders want.

Keep up the good work and I truly hope Kraken succeeds.

Thanks,
Ian
arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:19:03 AM

I don't see necessarily Kraken as a charting platform, but they seem to have very powerful trading features. I just need California enabled to transfer all my MtGox moneys to Kraken. I am an active trader. :-)

Any estimates on when will you add California?? What specific stage and timeline are you in this regard? I think California just passed some bills related to cryptocurrencies AFAIK.
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:12:24 PM

Just a note for the API docs:

https://www.kraken.com/help/api#get-account-balance

says:

Result: array of asset names and balance amount

but returns:

Code:
{"error":[],"result":{"XXBT":"0.4000000000"}}

Probably should say:

Result: object of asset name and balance amount pairs

I'd highly recommend putting example JSON responses in for every API method, helps speed up debugging :-)

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
nitrous

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:43:25 PM

Just a note for the API docs:

https://www.kraken.com/help/api#get-account-balance

says:

Result: array of asset names and balance amount

but returns:

Code:
{"error":[],"result":{"XXBT":"0.4000000000"}}

Probably should say:

Result: object of asset name and balance amount pairs

I'd highly recommend putting example JSON responses in for every API method, helps speed up debugging :-)

They're referring to them like PHP associative arrays, although I suppose it would be clearer to call them objects because they're JSON objects.

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:41:53 PM

Rather predictably hit the API rate limit :-)

EAPI:Rate limit exceeded

Can you specify what the rate limit is? Bitstamp is 600 request per 10 minutes, ie. 1/second...

My bot is throttled, so just need an accurate quantity. Thanks!

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
nitrous

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:39:21 PM

Can you specify what the rate limit is? Bitstamp is 600 request per 10 minutes, ie. 1/second...

You should be able to find your answers here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194121.80 (just search for my username and follow it from there) Smiley

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:11:03 PM

Dargo,

Did you find time to talk to tradingview and / or bitcoinwisdom about connecting your data to their charts?

Not yet. We'd prefer to wait on this till we have better volume, and I expect these places might want to see better volume too. See next post though.

If I already were your client and funded my account, I would not even place an order for 1 BTC. I would wait, I would wait, I would wait... I simply can't trade without charts of basic precision.

If you go through my posts you'll conclude that I wish you well. I do not want you to waste money and resources on advertising. I just want at the moment one basic tool: decent charting (the charts on your website are BS - I apologize for speaking my mind).

You could (if you find time) at least send an e-mail to tradingview and bitcoinwisdom and say:
''Hello, I am a new crypto exchange. We created the best trading engine on the market (trailing stops and what nots). I will need charting for my clients in some point in future. Could you tell me whom I should contact within your organisation when I am ready?''.

Maybe some kind of relationship could be established with your e-mail and when you're ready, connecting a decent charting would be quicker (with relations already established)?

I understand Loozik - I'm a hard-core chartist myself and I agree that our charts aren't much use. Personally I wouldn't find charts very useful while the volume is low though, but maybe that's just me. I'll make contact with some of these sites and at least get a discussion going. Does anyone know if there is a site that can integrate with API and offers basic charting tools? Sites that require a websocket will take us longer to integrate with.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:18:11 PM

@Dargo

I first want to say that I firmly believe Kraken is going to be the exchange that dominates this market but there are definitely some adjustments early on that need to be made.

I think the problem Kraken is suffering from is not just on the market maker side (which will fix itself over time), not the regulation side (which hopefully you guys are hard at work on), but the ability for traders to actively trade. Currently, the charting is not overly impressive but more importantly, the act of placing a trade takes quite a bit of time to go from one tab to the other tab. You can't even see the chart and execute the trade on the same page without covering the page with the chart. I think you should take some notes from clarkmoody and rtbtc's platform and adjust the Kraken platform to truly meet the traders needs. You have the orders traders want, the security traders want, the leverage traders want, but not the platform to trade that traders want.

Keep up the good work and I truly hope Kraken succeeds.

Thanks,
Ian

Thanks Ian - I totally agree that we need better features for active traders. Integration with a good charting/trading platform is what we really need. This is something we plan to do, but I've been pushing to get the priority stepped up. We need a websocket for this, so that's the project I'm trying to get pushed forward. No ETA yet though.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:25:53 PM

I don't see necessarily Kraken as a charting platform, but they seem to have very powerful trading features. I just need California enabled to transfer all my MtGox moneys to Kraken. I am an active trader. :-)

Any estimates on when will you add California?? What specific stage and timeline are you in this regard? I think California just passed some bills related to cryptocurrencies AFAIK.

We don't have a specific timeline for California or any other US state yet. Our launch in Germany is very close, then the focus will be US states and California is a top priority.
Loozik

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:48:13 PM

I understand Loozik - I'm a hard-core chartist myself and I agree that our charts aren't much use.

I am not a chartist (I used to trade charts, now my algos do it for me), but given a lack of more sophisticated (than charts) tools in crypto economy I use charts.

I'll make contact with some of these sites and at least get a discussion going. Does anyone know if there is a site that can integrate with API and offers basic charting tools? Sites that require a websocket will take us longer to integrate with.

Basic charting:

Just go with: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mtgox/btcusd this guy. He provides good quality basic charting. Maybe a donation of a few BTC could speed things up.

Simultaneously try https://www.tradingview.com/ them. It will be harder with these guys, but their service gives such basic tools like drawing trendlines, fibs and others, which no ther bitcoin charting service offers.

Other bitcoin charting services are crap! I tried them all and you will waste your time.

More advanced (charting + tools, algo creating and algo & discretionary order placing):

Talk to platform developers like this one http://www.multicharts.com/ This is how it looks like with some MtGox historical data (see the picture): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218980.msg2334072#msg2334072

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:54:32 PM

Your earlier suggestion on the API documentation is noted.

The basic API rate limit is 1 call every 5 seconds. You can do faster bursts up to 10 calls, but then you'd need to follow that by a 50 second pause before you could resume the 1 call very 5 second rate. If you get locked out, it's for 15 minutes.

For really active traders (including those who want to market make with us), we can offer much higher limits. Anyone interested in this should contact us with a support ticket.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:04:13 PM

I understand Loozik - I'm a hard-core chartist myself and I agree that our charts aren't much use.

I am not a chartist (I used to trade charts, now my algos do it for me), but given a lack of more sophisticated (than charts) tools in crypto economy I use charts.

I'll make contact with some of these sites and at least get a discussion going. Does anyone know if there is a site that can integrate with API and offers basic charting tools? Sites that require a websocket will take us longer to integrate with.

Basic charting:

Just go with: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mtgox/btcusd this guy. He provides good quality basic charting. Maybe a donation of a few BTC could speed things up.

Simultaneously try https://www.tradingview.com/ them. It will be harder with these guys, but their service gives such basic tools like drawing trendlines, fibs and others, which no ther bitcoin charting service offers.

Other bitcoin charting services are crap! I tried them all and you will waste your time.

More advanced (charting + tools, algo creating and algo & discretionary order placing):

Talk to platform developers like this one http://www.multicharts.com/ This is how it looks like with some MtGox historical data (see the picture): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218980.msg2334072#msg2334072

Thanks Loozik - all your input is highly appreciated!
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:47:37 PM

Just found this site via blockchain.info

How didn't I know about this!? Lovely site, just waiting for verification to come through before depositing and trying it out
Loozik

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 04:17:52 PM

Just found this site via blockchain.info

How didn't I know about this!?

Oh, it's easy to explain: because this thread is in ''Service announcement'' sub-section of bitcointalk that nobody visits.

Had this thread been moved to ''Marketplace'' section where, e.g. Bitstamp's and other exchanges' threads are, you would have noticed this thread earlier and you might have already be placing orders.
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 05:14:12 PM

Have you wasted any of your time on RTBTC  Wink

@Dargo It would be great to have Kraken data and trading on the RTBTC platform. A streaming data source is not required but strongly encouraged.

Ian999

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:56:06 PM

@Dargo WORK WITH CLARK MOODY! This move will be huge for the Kraken exchange. Please do it - you won't regret it.

Have you wasted any of your time on RTBTC  Wink

https://i.imgur.com/m2GrODA.png

@Dargo It would be great to have Kraken data and trading on the RTBTC platform. A streaming data source is not required but strongly encouraged.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: