Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:08:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565033 times)
danchoo

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:18:16 AM

I am waiting for sample chips.

The chip's data sheet contains no information about thermal resistance.

Expected to cause a lot of heat from the chip... Huh

When designing the PCB, do you know about the spacing between chips and the size of heat sink?

Anyone who has this information?
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:33:22 AM

I have a question on the coincraft-rig units...

The PSU is included, and specs "estimate", about 1600-3000w with the "included PSU"... For the fully-filled 8-card unit.

3000w in turbo, obviously, but does this unit come with a 3000w PSU, or does each of the eight boards have an individual mini-psu, delivering the 200w-375w required for turbo-mode?

This, too, I assume has two separate plugs for 120v operation, as 3000w can not come from 1 single 20a cord. Which can only handle 18a constant power, as with most home circuits. (120v * 18a = 2160w constant. However, 240v * 18a = 4320w, which would work for non-US power-outlets/wires.)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:29:16 PM

The PSU is included, and specs "estimate", about 1600-3000w with the "included PSU"... For the fully-filled 8-card unit.

3000w in turbo, obviously, but does this unit come with a 3000w PSU, or does each of the eight boards have an individual mini-psu, delivering the 200w-375w required for turbo-mode?

This, too, I assume has two separate plugs for 120v operation, as 3000w can not come from 1 single 20a cord. Which can only handle 18a constant power, as with most home circuits. (120v * 18a = 2160w constant. However, 240v * 18a = 4320w, which would work for non-US power-outlets/wires.)

I'd say, and this is my take on it using logic:

1. Rig is a rackmount 4U unit designed for being rackmounted in a datcenter with adequate power and cooling
2. Desk product is designed for home use
3. Higher output devices designed for 240V operation only

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:51:30 PM

1. Rig is a rackmount 4U unit designed for being rackmounted in a datcenter with adequate power and cooling

Huh

Thats not logic & not correct - the miner has to look after it based on his individual situation! If you operate other devices on same cable what need a lot of energy too a desk unit could be even too much & your home burn down. Normally you need to have on a dedicated line 16A (heard a few just have 13A) - 240V. There you can let run 1 full machine & I think in one machine are 2x 1500W PSU or so (if you want to prepare so best is to make 2 EURO-SCHUKO-plugs on 1 dedicated line 16A). If you have other voltage your electrican know how to fix it to change to 240V.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:40:40 PM

Huh

Thats not logic & not correct - the miner has to look after it based on his individual situation! If you operate other devices on same cable what need a lot of energy too a desk unit could be even too much & your home burn down. Normally you need to have on a dedicated line 16A (heard a few just have 13A) - 240V. There you can let run 1 full machine & I think in one machine are 2x 1500W PSU or so (if you want to prepare so best is to make 2 EURO-SCHUKO-plugs on 1 dedicated line 16A). If you have other voltage your electrican know how to fix it to change to 240V.

IM very glad I had 30A 240v breakers put in.
Daveb0

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:20:47 PM

@giorgiomassa

Dear bitmine first congratulations for your a1 chip

It was certainly not easy to plan this and to establish but despite the euphoria over the sampling chips I ask as these are not answered customer questions:
When will the regular chips (an exact date please)
When is started with the production (please an exact date)
When the orders of December Update batch so far at most 10% penalty (please an exact date)

It is really a funny market, where people get euphoric, when they hear that there is are first (!) chip samples available and that they will assemble the first (!) prototype hashing units within the next days.

Guys! They have still about 6 weeks delay (my estimation) if everything goes well from now on.

So I completely agree with RetroGamer: please giorgiomassa, give us some more info about the planned Roadmap, the Impact on the existing orders and all the other open questions in this Forum which have not yet been answered.

This really is the first working day of the new year, give the guys time to grab a coffee before shipping Smiley

Do you really think anyone cares about working days - especially with current shipping delay?

Well I don´t!

You're just took the words right out of my mouth.
If a project is delayed by six weeks and one does not have a (communicated) timeline on how to proceed, nobody really cares about working days.

So please bitmine, your  customer care is currently worse than the one from cablecom...
I think I can speak on behalf of most of your customers if I ask you to please provide more infos, updates and answer more of the currently unanswered questions.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 09:46:16 PM

It is really a funny market, where people get euphoric, when they hear that there is are first (!) chip samples available and that they will assemble the first (!) prototype hashing units within the next days.

Guys! They have still about 6 weeks delay (my estimation) if everything goes well from now on.

So I completely agree with RetroGamer: please giorgiomassa, give us some more info about the planned Roadmap, the Impact on the existing orders and all the other open questions in this Forum which have not yet been answered.

This really is the first working day of the new year, give the guys time to grab a coffee before shipping Smiley

Do you really think anyone cares about working days - especially with current shipping delay?

Well I don´t!

If a project is delayed by six weeks and one does not have a (communicated) timeline on how to proceed, nobody really cares about working days.

So please bitmine, your  customer care is currently worse than the one from cablecom...
I think I can speak on behalf of most of your customers if I ask you to please provide more infos, updates and answer more of the currently unanswered questions.

I completely agree with you, and let me reassure you that I find nothing funny that is happening here.

News posted at bitmine.ch seem to be only once every two weeks or so... so we should expect news to continue in this frequency. (that is completely unacceptable of course, but hey you have to judge someone by his past behaviour, not by his promises)

As there are so many things still to do, and so many unfinished stuff yet to be clarified, I do not see any device shipped before march.

Just saying. Let me explain

So what are the next logical steps and the accompanying news if there are no additional problems?

1) The actual chips arrive, not the sample ones (NEWS!!!)
2) Prototype testing is finished, starting with actual production. (NEWS!!!)
3) Software creation, screenshots, manuals. (NEWS!!!)
4) Starting of first shipments. (NEWS!!!)

Give each of those 4 points two weeks time, and we should therefore expect no shipment before march.  Undecided

Ofcourse I hope that I am completely wrong with any of this.  Grin

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:48:06 PM

Huh

LOL you're funny

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
xray

Activity: 341

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:37:09 AM

Any updated news on shipping ?
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:12:47 PM

you read through the posts ?
bitmine has 21 days after the following mention notified :
hura we have our sample chips and we will immediately begin to build a prototype .

The next step is the assembly of the first prototype hashing units , whichwill be done in the next few days in our production factory in Europe , for the final tuning of the boards . We do not expect delays here so we shoulderstand go very soon in production .

and again it was quiet!

what can we expect ?
1 they are since 16/12/2013 in delay in delivery !
2 it is determined not last until 12.01.2014 until the prototype ready
3.What the few know that if you sample chips has this need to be tested by the customer only if they are tested successfully gives the customer the green light to production
provides you times before bitmine would on blue haze thousands of chips order that do not work maybe right
in any event, that was then at avalon so and the whole settlement lasted up to 10 weeks
it will take about 4 weeks before delivery chip comes from the date which is bitmine ready to test with .
the faster the prototype units hashing is done the better .
and that is what one would have also have to tell us so !
if I'm wrong dear bitmineteam then korigiert these disclosures
Please do not misunderstand, I have to understand'm thrilled by your performance that I was already at avalon clonminer but you must also think of the customer and as you would from the errors of avalon learn no news is bad news and offer space for speculation
xray

Activity: 341

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:31:38 PM

hura we have our sample chips and we will immediately begin to build a prototype .

The next step is the assembly of the first prototype hashing units , whichwill be done in the next few days in our production factory in Europe , for the final tuning of the boards . We do not expect delays here so we shoulderstand go very soon in production .

and again it was quiet!

what can we expect ?
3.What the few know that if you sample chips has this need to be tested by the customer only if they are tested successfully gives the customer the green light to production
provides you times before bitmine would on blue haze thousands of chips order that do not work maybe right
in any event, that was then at avalon so and the whole settlement lasted up to 10 weeks
it will take about 4 weeks before delivery chip comes from the date which is bitmine ready to test with .
Please do not misunderstand, I have to understand'm thrilled by your performance that I was already at avalon clonminer but you must also think of the customer and as you would from the errors of avalon learn no news is bad news and offer space for speculation

All makes no sense to me Huh
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:18:32 PM

and again it was quiet!

what can we expect ?

i think he want to say that shipment of the first working units will last much longer than we think.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 04:31:37 PM

i think he want to say that shipment of the first working units will last much longer than we think.

And he is right in his assessment.  Sad

RetroGamer

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:04:24 PM

[/quote]

then tell me something meaningful makes!

I complete my statement:

no delivery about before 10/02/2014 when the sample miner is completed by 12.01.2014.
about 13/01/2014 bitmine issued order for chip manufacturing
could approximately from 27.01.2014 to 31.01.2014 bitmine the chips get
production of the miner could start from the 03/02/2014 so the device could be the first delivered to 10/02/2014
RetroGamer

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:13:36 PM

and now I spinn right times!
if I have my guesses right then we are soon in the 61 days on the delivery date and then?
also has bitmine considered:

3) After the 61st day of late shipment, you have the right to request a full refund and we will pay you an additional penalty of 10% of the initial order amount.

bisdahin is the BTC again at 700 EUR or 1000 USD, the people will apply for the refund in about 2 weeks put off with the finished devices will geminert from the sale of BTC is then paid the penalty
bitmine yet learned from the errors of avalon unfortunately Angry
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 05:14:58 PM

production of the miner could start from the 03/02/2014 so the device could be the first delivered to 10/02/2014

That's when I normally would expect my february week 1 order. (ordered and payed last week of november)

But since you are talking about the announced deliveries from december... i can expect my order to be shipped sometime in april.

You know why I do this guessing, because I don't want to lie to myself anymore. If someone calls that FUD he doesn't understand the situation.

I have to adjust my plans according to logic and reasonable expectations.

So an educated guess tells me that a three month delay is to be expected.

Well, atleast that should trigger the money-back clause in their terms. Or I should get double the hashrate I ordered.

That is a good thing, and I hope that bitmine will atleast satisfy us as far as that goes. That is what can make them save face, we will see.

I will call bitmine and ask them more detailled questions about money back garantee.
For example do I get back the exact amounts of bitcoins I send them, or will they use the dollar price to calculate the bitcoins I am supposed to get.
Have they already spent the bitcoins I sent them, or where they locked in place for this case.

Also the whole customer plan is not very exact and leaves some room for interpretation. For example what is week 1, or week 2.... are the 10 days for delivery counted after the last day of such a week, or can I count the whole week to those 10 days of allowed delivery? Etc...

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:28:32 PM

So much speculation going on here...

Giorgio, Christian, please give us good news Wink
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 05:33:00 PM

So much speculation going on here...

Giorgio, Christian, please give us good news Wink

Hope dies last.

Ofcourse having to "hope" makes this all a gamble, and not a business anymore.

Woohoo, like las vegas, but where are the beautiful ladies and the free drinks?  Huh
That would make everything more tolerable.

MasterX

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:19:14 PM

Well I don´t!

So please bitmine, your  customer care is currently worse than the one from cablecom...

I completely agree with you, and let me reassure you that I find nothing funny that is happening here.

News posted at bitmine.ch seem to be only once every two weeks or so... so we should expect news to continue in this frequency. (that is completely unacceptable of course, but hey you have to judge someone by his past behaviour, not by his promises)

As there are so many things still to do, and so many unfinished stuff yet to be clarified, I do not see any device shipped before march.

Just saying. Let me explain

So what are the next logical steps and the accompanying news if there are no additional problems?

1) The actual chips arrive, not the sample ones (NEWS!!!)
2) Prototype testing is finished, starting with actual production. (NEWS!!!)
3) Software creation, screenshots, manuals. (NEWS!!!)
4) Starting of first shipments. (NEWS!!!)

Give each of those 4 points two weeks time, and we should therefore expect no shipment before march.  Undecided

Ofcourse I hope that I am completely wrong with any of this.  Grin

I hope i am right with this, but looking at this video they have already build the prototype. So it should be just a mather of putting a complete board together, testing and going in production. I really do hope a lot of the testing has already been done.

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 08:53:50 PM

I hope i am right with this, but looking at this video they have already build the prototype. So it should be just a mather of putting a complete board together, testing and going in production. I really do hope a lot of the testing has already been done.

Listen carefully to what is said in that video.

At about 0:15

"...this prototype is just made of one single board, emulating one coincraft A1 chip..."

That's why they are still in the prototype phase, ... now they have to do the first prototype with the real chips...
that's where we are at the moment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: