Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:02:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565019 times)
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:09:48 PM

I hope i am right with this, but looking at this video they have already build the prototype. So it should be just a mather of putting a complete board together, testing and going in production. I really do hope a lot of the testing has already been done.

Listen carefully to what is said in that video.

At about 0:15

"...this prototype is just made of one single board, emulating one coincraft A1 chip..."

That's why they are still in the prototype phase, ... now they have to do the first prototype with the real chips...
that's where we are at the moment.

properly
that in the video were bitfurychips
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:57:34 PM

I hope i am right with this, but looking at this video they have already build the prototype. So it should be just a mather of putting a complete board together, testing and going in production. I really do hope a lot of the testing has already been done.

Listen carefully to what is said in that video.

At about 0:15

"...this prototype is just made of one single board, emulating one coincraft A1 chip..."

That's why they are still in the prototype phase, ... now they have to do the first prototype with the real chips...
that's where we are at the moment.

properly
that in the video were bitfurychips

No it was a FPGA I think.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:01:41 PM

Zefir is working on the fpga device.
As i understand, hes making the driver and the rest of the software..

Update: initial A1 cgminer driver released

DIY folks and miners,

as announced before, some days ago I received one of this FPGA boards to develop the initial cgminer driver. This board is configured to emulate two daisy-chained A1 chips with 4 cores each, running at ~10% of the expected nominal clock. This is as close at it gets without having the real chip in hand, i.e. I was able to implement and test all documented features (plus some I reverse engineered).

While the emulated HW is limited in terms of clock and number of cores, all basic features (hashing, queue management, chaining) are working. At this stage I am quite confident that if the ASIC behaves exactly like emulated, it can start hashing immediately after it is put on its PCB.

I am running the FPGA board connected to a RasPi. Running over night cgminer settles the average hashrate to 650MHps, which corresponds to ~26GHps for the A1 (4x the cores @ 10x the clock).

Those interested can find the cgminer branch on github here.

Wish you all peaceful and pleasant holidays and a truly successful start in 2014 - with chips to play in hand soon.

zefir
mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:08:44 PM

And if you want, this is the Prototype.
I think at this stage PCB manufacturing starts at least.

And in the first quoted prototype video, with the BF/FPGA, the already have a case.
So i think, delay is here but they have several things ready.

But more communication from Bitmine would help Smiley

First samples of the CoinCraft A1 demonstrated working

The wait is finally over: yesterday we picked up the first few samples of our CoinCraft A1 ASIC chip from the IC packaging house and overnight we’ve mounted them on a simple test board that we used for initial performances evaluation.

The results are very good: at a very first stage of testing, without any kind of optimizations on the driver and the power supply, we got it hashing stable at the nominal hashing rate at 25.4 – 25.5 GH/s. The chip was running so cool that just a small heat sink above it (see pictures below) without any forced air cooling was enough to let it run!

The evaluation board was drawing 1.655A at 12V while hashing at a constant rate of 25.4 GH/s. If we consider about 15% of losses due to the DC/DC switching block, we get a net power consumption of just 0.67 W/GH/s and this without optimizations of any kind, which are due for the next days of development.

This is the lowest demonstrated nominal power consumption for an ASIC chip in the WORLD!!!

The next step is the assembly of the first prototype hashing units, which will be done in the next few days in our production factory in Europe, for the final tuning of the boards. We don’t expect delays here so we should go very soon in production. Expect also to see a video showing a fully working demo unit with real chips on it.

Another major announcement is that we’re now officially opening the long awaited PCB design contest. Because of the extremely limited supply of this first test batch of chips, we will be giving for free 2 CoinCraft A1 chip to 10 selected developers that have already expressed their interest on the forum in the past months. All other users are of course welcome to apply for the contest too, but in that case the sample chips are going to be sent only after mid January. We expect great things to come up from it, there are USB, modular/universal and even oil-cooled miners coming out from it so… stay tuned!

Last but not least, we want to thank all of our customers for the patience and trust they have given us. We really understand that many may have been anxious these days (we have been too!), and the lack of news didn’t help, but believe me that we’ve all been working during holidays, overnight and weekends to have this product done in the shortest possible time. Everybody will be getting our promised free upgrades thanks to our customer protection plan, a unique and hopefully remarkable premium that no other mining equipment manufacturer has ever given.

Happy New Year to everybody!

MasterX

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:00:34 AM

And if you want, this is the Prototype.
I think at this stage PCB manufacturing starts at least.

And in the first quoted prototype video, with the BF/FPGA, the already have a case.
So i think, delay is here but they have several things ready.

But more communication from Bitmine would help Smiley

If we look from 10 December until 31 December, thats (almost) 3 weeks.
If the first order should have been shipped on 16 December. (For ex: mine was expected to ship week 1 of January)
Then the first order should be shipping somewhere around Friday 3 January or Monday 6 January,
if not we are officially looking at a "more than 3 weeks" delay.

Lets pray there is a first shipment, today Monday 6 January (but i'm afraid not, it needs a miracle i guess).

So what i understand:
1.) os is ready
2.) case design is ready
3.) boards need to be tested with real chips
3.1.) boards are ready waiting for chips to be soldered on.
4.) burn in (not to long i hope)
5.) shipment

@giorgiomassa: could you please answer all, or at leas the most important questions on this topic? Thanks in advance!

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
BuTaJIu4eK

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:21:59 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 08:59:04 PM by BuTaJIu4eK

I will call bitmine and ask them more detailled questions about money back garantee.
For example do I get back the exact amounts of bitcoins I send them, or will they use the dollar price to calculate the bitcoins I am supposed to get.
Have they already spent the bitcoins I sent them, or where they locked in place for this case.

Also the whole customer plan is not very exact and leaves some room for interpretation. For example what is week 1, or week 2.... are the 10 days for delivery counted after the last day of such a week, or can I count the whole week to those 10 days of allowed delivery? Etc...

bitmine,
It is of interest to all!

I'm tired of 'deception and fraud' around ASIC miners.

Has not yet begun for December delivery, and only need to start the January delivery. I'm not talking about the March delivery, there is generally an ass! Wink

Based on the fact that there will be further added "free" modules, we can confidently say that deliveries will begin only after 50-55 days from the date it is unclear what!
SwissMiner

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 11:50:56 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 12:01:13 PM by SwissMiner

So all need to think about the return of money right now!
I want details on the return of my Bitcoins (money)!
I want to get them back now!

You can sell your orders to me .. just tell me the type of ordered Equipment and proposed delivery date.
Will pay in BTC or SEPA .. it's up to you.

.. bitcoin's make the world go around .. world go around .. world go around ..
GaliX

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 11:57:23 AM

just call them or write them an E-Mail they are responding pretty fast.

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
BuTaJIu4eK

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:39:06 PM

just call them or write them an E-Mail they are responding pretty fast.
I wrote a couple of letters to them but they are silent: (

Bitcoin is a very long time in the ass, while there will be such a disappointment and deception miners on pre-order.

look here ASIC Manufacturer HashFast Faces Legal Action From Bitcoin Miners http://www.coindesk.com/asic-manufacturer-hashfast-faces-legal-action  Cheesy  Wink
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:57:02 PM

Bitcoin is a very long time in the ass, while there will be such a disappointment and deception miners on pre-order.

look here ASIC Manufacturer HashFast Faces Legal Action From Bitcoin Miners http://www.coindesk.com/asic-manufacturer-hashfast-faces-legal-action  Cheesy  Wink

You must be new here...

BFL has screwed their pre-order customers from day #1,
ASICMiner has disappointed their shareholders from Gen2,
Avalon has screwed their pre-order customers from Batch #2,
BitFury have been so hard to get that you'd better CEX.io,
HashFast has been a screwup as you say yourself,
KnC miner did better than others, but they're expensive, some are catching fire etc.
Bitmine and CoinTerra have yet to deliver.

tl;dr: Money making machines aren't readily available.
SwissMiner

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 01:26:47 PM

Bitcoin is a very long time in the ass ...

Huh

Why do you not offer me your pre-order's ... if you have any  Grin

lclc

Activity: 298
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Association Switzerland

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 01:37:08 PM

Bitcoin is a very long time in the ass ...

Huh

Why do you not offer me your pre-order's ... if you have any  Grin

I guess you wouldn't pay him the same amount of BTCs he paid back then when the price was ~150$.
Anyway, they refuse to change the shipping address / transfer the account to someone else. If he lives e.g. in NZ and you in Switzerland, it will take some extra days if not weeks and additional shipping costs until you receive the miner.

SwissMiner

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 02:11:32 PM

I guess you wouldn't pay him the same amount of BTCs he paid back then when the price was ~150$.
Anyway, they refuse to change the shipping address / transfer the account to someone else. If he lives e.g. in NZ and you in Switzerland, it will take some extra days if not weeks and additional shipping costs until you receive the miner.

BuTaJIu4eK is crying and want a refund .. but he can't provide any details about his pre-order's ...

I'll pay what he paid .. what else  Huh

You are a dreamer or under ten year's old if you even think about a refund in BTC  Grin

You can be for sure, I can Pick-up the miner here in Ticino  Wink

AdamT

Activity: 486

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:43:08 PM

I ordered a Coincraft Desk in the Jan batch #2. Upon my last email communication (12-18-13) with Bitmine rep R Vogel, my "goods are foreseen to be shipped in calendar week 02/2014."

Doesn't "Jan batch #2" mean it was supposed to ship in the 2nd half of Jan?

Bitmine hasn't specified how they are shipping internationally (I'm in the US), what carrier etc. How long does shipment take?

We'll see, but I would not be shocked at all if by April 1 I still hadn't received it. Of course the difficulty will be so high by then, rendering the machine all but useless. I may just dump it straight to eBay to ROI, which I suspect many will be doing.

I really can't see how any of the ASIC companies can stay in business much longer. Smallish machines are becoming a joke in relation to difficulty. Soon you're gonna need a $250k+ server room full of machines to mine anything worthy.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 03:22:57 PM

I ordered a Coincraft Desk in the Jan batch #2. Upon my last email communication (12-18-13) with Bitmine rep R Vogel, my "goods are foreseen to be shipped in calendar week 02/2014."

Doesn't "Jan batch #2" mean it was supposed to ship in the 2nd half of Jan?

Bitmine hasn't specified how they are shipping internationally (I'm in the US), what carrier etc. How long does shipment take?

We'll see, but I would not be shocked at all if by April 1 I still hadn't received it. Of course the difficulty will be so high by then, rendering the machine all but useless. I may just dump it straight to eBay to ROI, which I suspect many will be doing.

I really can't see how any of the ASIC companies can stay in business much longer. Smallish machines are becoming a joke in relation to difficulty. Soon you're gonna need a $250k+ server room full of machines to mine anything worthy.

I agree with your assessment.

I believe shipment with bitmine can take up to 10 days, that's what they specify on their website.

clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:02:05 PM

when will bitmine start shipping chips to AMT?

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:54:51 PM

Only just caught up on this. Congratulations!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:55:59 PM

FYI: The initial testing of the chips passed, first wave of sample chips distributed to DIY projects shipped. More details here.

fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 11:00:26 PM

any customer here on december batch?

When will they start deliver the december batch?

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:41:06 PM

FYI: The initial testing of the chips passed, first wave of sample chips distributed to DIY projects shipped. More details here.

It was my assumption that they have received production wafers now but are only able to spare small numbers of chips from their first production run to offer as sample chips for DIY projects (because they need most of them to fulfull batch 1).

I'm hoping it's not the case that they've only received engineering samples from the fab so far and not production wafers.  I suspect that most of the doomsayers are assuming only engineering samples (which would mean they probably only have a dozen or so chips in hand at most, and we could be waiting weeks/months for bulk chips).

Personally I believe the former (if they only had engineering samples in hand I really doubt they could afford to spare any chips at all) but it would be good if someone with knowledge would confirm whether the latter or the former is the case to help quell some of the speculation here.

roy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: