Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:47:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565013 times)
Blisk

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

If I pay infront for car it was 10% most, and never ever more.
So if they take for miners 10% than all will be differend!

Are we in a car forum or what the crap?
Hear finally compare to apples with pears
car, apple, miners, phone, gps, whatever you want, I never payed infront and 100%

Daveb0

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:06:39 PM

If I pay infront for car it was 10% most, and never ever more.
So if they take for miners 10% than all will be differend!

Are we in a car forum or what the crap?
Hear finally compare to apples with pears

yeah, you're right. I got carried away. I does not really matter anyhow, since 100% upfront payment is just the way the mining industry works at the moment.
Blisk

Activity: 412

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:17:21 PM

WHY?

Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:00:53 PM

You don't pay for an ordered car until it is delivered. At most you put down a small deposit, usually refundable, often with a credit card.

In which country?

Where not? Never had to pay a cent of any of my cars till I got the keys. And if you order a new car (when the dealer don`t know you) a credit card do all.
If you can`t afford it later you are contracted to take the loss of resale maybe BUT this is just the case of leasing contracts - as the car isn`t yours till you finished remaining payment.

well I might have to change my car dealer then Smiley
All dealers where I bought (new) cars so far requestes an partial upfront payment (wire transfer - no credit cards [which would be beyond ma limits anyway Smiley]) and I had to wait several weeks for "delivery" afterwards.

...or maybe I just don't look trustworthy enough XD

I too had to wait - didn`t want to say that ;-)

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
xray

Activity: 341

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:19:56 PM

Chips are on the way and only dec batch should be delayed (includes also my orders)... big hit in lost rev., but I think we can't blame Bitmine as the delay was up to chip foundry. I trust Bitmine will deliver and fast when chips arrive.

You think Feb orders will be on time Huh
ljp

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:29:31 PM

Chips are on the way and only dec batch should be delayed (includes also my orders)... big hit in lost rev., but I think we can't blame Bitmine as the delay was up to chip foundry. I trust Bitmine will deliver and fast when chips arrive.

You think Feb orders will be on time Huh

Maybe, maybe not. We really need some official communications from bitmine about their progress.
tvskit
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:13:32 AM

Who has the opportunity to visit these ....... Preferably several people with video and photo equipment.
They were associated with 50BTC.com and they all threw!
udecker

Activity: 142
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:31:32 AM

I’m sorry, but reading this thread recently makes me think that some people here didn’t know the risks of late delivery when they made their payment.  In which case, shame on you.  

No one has yet triggered their 61-day refund timing, which was agreed to upon purchase (you did read that part, right?).  When that happens, you have the options available to you that you agreed to upon purchase.

Zefir and others in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294235 have functional A1 chips in-hand, with more on the way.  

Is Bitmine late?  Yes.  Did you agree to terms about what would happen if they were late?  Yes.  Do you expect those terms to not be fulfilled by Bitmine?  If not, then first, give them the opportunity to fulfill them on the terms you agreed to, then lose your damn minds at that point in time if they don't.  

Until then, realize that you took a risk in purchasing cutting-edge new hardware that you knew wasn’t available yet from a team who has delivered in the past, and came up with a plan for what to do if they were late, who is trying to produce something of which you have no concept of its developmental and logistical complexity, and chill the f out.

]
tvskit
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:38:25 AM

Typically, firms respond to their customers. And notify their customers about what is happening!!!! Their silence makes nervous and worry.
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:55:35 AM

I’m sorry, but reading this thread recently makes me think that some people here didn’t know the risks of late delivery when they made their payment.  In which case, shame on you.  

No one has yet triggered their 61-day refund timing, which was agreed to upon purchase (you did read that part, right?).  When that happens, you have the options available to you that you agreed to upon purchase.

Zefir and others in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294235 have functional A1 chips in-hand, with more on the way.  

Is Bitmine late?  Yes.  Did you agree to terms about what would happen if they were late?  Yes.  Do you expect those terms to not be fulfilled by Bitmine?  If not, then first, give them the opportunity to fulfill them on the terms you agreed to, then lose your damn minds at that point in time if they don't.  

Until then, realize that you took a risk in purchasing cutting-edge new hardware that you knew wasn’t available yet from a team who has delivered in the past, and came up with a plan for what to do if they were late, who is trying to produce something of which you have no concept of its developmental and logistical complexity, and chill the f out.

Sorry but I Glabe you did not understand why the customers are angry here !

If Bitmine had declared on 10.12.2013 they have bigger problems and that starts production in February , it would have been OK.
But you stated only "Sorry there is a delay of 3 weeks! "
http://bitmine.ch/?p=4192
So I thought as a customer is ok but I really did not know that they do not even sample chips
And 31/12/2013 "Hey , we build a test chips Miner this can be quickly and makes no problems "
http://bitmine.ch/?p=4543

The flow is obvious :
Example chips are delivered and tested ( test build Miner ) this can under some circumstances take 1 - 2 weeks
If the errors have been corrected , the production chips to be ordered and again 2-3 weeks
Even better, this info would have been in November because there was knowing they have it them out of hand because the sample chips have not arrived in time

You forget that the delivery date for December batch was 16.12.2013 and these customers should have been by mail or forum Inform and not all problems hush
And now comes the best
Bitmine wrote to me from which they determine when the protection plan runs
by my reckoning they are now 40 days over delivery date 'm curious how the Bitmine looks
vs3

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 08:11:13 AM

+1

Guys - give them a break. Please.

I have been in their shoes and I know what is it to be under pressure to finish the design, troubleshoot a ton of impossible to happen things that yet somehow happen, design, redesign and triple check the redesign, work 18hrs a day and then having to go through tons of emails. Those are their most busiest times in their lives.

In a week or so when the production line starts moving they'll have plenty of time to sit here and chat on the forums. But right now they most likely need every single person in their company (and I mean down to the receptionist) to stay focused, make sure that all supplies are in order, that everything has been shipped or will be shipped on time, be on the phone with vendors, etc etc.
There is A TON of organizational work to be finalized at this time.

And in this case the "no news" is most likely good news - it means they're seeing the light in the end of the tunnel and are moving as fast as possible to get there. Otherwise you would've gotten another email (like some of their competitors did) telling you that there is another 2-3 month delay.

And after all - we all know why the delay happened - because of the chip factory. At least they now have the chips and chips are confirmed working. So let them finish their work.

So - please - a bit of patience is all that's needed.

ljp

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:50:37 AM

I actually purchased a product from BitMine CH not someone that works as a contracter for them. I appereciate Zefir's insight, but he does not speak for BitMine CH, and as such cannot offically speak for them.

I would like updates on Bitmine.CH's website which is the offical channel for any updates. If people from Bitmine can post to this forum, why can't they post to their own website.

Keep customers informed of whats going on, and their would be a lot less frustrated customers.
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:18:08 AM

This is only Speculation, but i think a reasonable explanation.

i think Bitmine got till yet only sample chips. with the sample chips they cannot finalized the the pcb or the firmware because the samples are inferior. sure, they can test, but the last 10% for finishing the prototype is not possible. they get the 1 batch of chips as per zefir's information this week? and they try to finish the product with the real chips and this will take some time.

tvskit
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:37:22 AM

I need an official explanation (letters, forum) from BITMINE. Five minutes to answer my dear investors, they are bound to find!
vic0

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:08:34 AM

I need an official explanation (letters, forum) from BITMINE. Five minutes to answer my dear investors, they are bound to find!

You should use a bigger font, maybe try red, or the blink tag if that still exists.
Yelling always solves everything. If it doesn't, yell louder.
segaklon

Activity: 246

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:45:34 AM

Antonio (Bitmine AG)

Jan 29 14:14

Hi Mr.Guzman,
 I am expecting that soon our production will start and I will be able to give you more information regarding your order after calculating the daily production.
 There will also be an announcement on our web page making official the start of production.
 I afraid that I will have to ask you for some more patience till we have the news.
 Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks
 for your interests in our products.

Danke für Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten.

For any questions don't hesitate to contact us. In the meantime

Für Fragen sind wir jederzeit für Sie da.

Kind regards/MfG

Customer Service
tvskit
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:35:31 PM

You should use a bigger font, maybe try red, or the blink tag if that still exists.
Yelling always solves everything. If it doesn't, yell louder.

you BITMINE employee?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=195635;sa=showPosts
sephtin

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:52:19 PM

you BITMINE employee?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=195635;sa=showPosts

Let me help you with that!

From their web site:
Bitmine AG
Centro la Monda 2
6528 Camorino
Switzerland

Phone: +41 91 290 90 99
FAX: +41 91 290 90 98
E-mail: info@bitmine.ch

Try calling or emailing them. Posting here insisting on a response is not likely to be helpful to you, or to the community.
Daveb0

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:40:21 PM

Posting here insisting on a response is not likely to be helpful to you, or to the community.

what is the official thread then here for?
I would have assumed that's the one thread about bitmine where bitmine itself is participating. Otherwise just delete the "official" (as proposed earlier Smiley ) and I fully agree.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:00:55 PM

Posting here insisting on a response is not likely to be helpful to you, or to the community.

what is the official thread then here for?
I would have assumed that's the one thread about bitmine where bitmine itself is participating. Otherwise just delete the "official" (as proposed earlier Smiley ) and I fully agree.

Ofcourse this is the official thread, and ofcourse - since no news from bitmine - you are allowed to ask what's going on, repeatedly, until an answer comes.

Yesterday I have talked for about an hour with a guy from bitmine (antonio). While he's just a supporter there (no technician) and has no say,
he clearly recognized the problem that exists with bitmine: bad customer communication.

I urged him to talk to his boss and convince him to make more updates.
But in the end the main problem seems to be, that those technicians that are working on the devices have little communication skills whatsover,
so you will wait long for some kind of update in clear language so you can make a clear judgment.

So we have kindhearted guys like antonio who are yelled at by all the frustrated customers, because those nerdy technicians seem to not understand what the free market and customer service is all about.

I hope for some wakeup call for them soon. It's not too late. Atleast one guy (antonio) seemed to clearly understand what the problem is all about. Thanks again antonio for the talk.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: