Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:05:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 [614] 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PrimeDice] (Staff Only) Earn Bitcoins Simply By Posting  (Read 595200 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 04:56:26 AM

Was going to release today but realized a way people could exploit the automated payout system through deleting posts & reposting. It's a quick fix we'll have sorted ASAP.

i wonder what Stunna's ASAP means.. xD

As doggieTattoo already mentioned, it should be fairly simple to patch this "exploit" by simply counting the posts at the end of the sig period. Deleted posts don't add to the post count, so they wouldn't be counted. It wouldn't have to be manual either. Something like this could easily be done via a script. Heck, I could probably write it myself in a single day.

Actually it is possible (though not common) for deleted posts to add to post counts, a bug I found a while back. Recalculating forum stats will fix it, that's not done regularly though, just whenever I think about it.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 05:00:41 AM

Was going to release today but realized a way people could exploit the automated payout system through deleting posts & reposting. It's a quick fix we'll have sorted ASAP.

As doggieTattoo already mentioned, it should be fairly simple to patch this "exploit" by simply counting the posts at the end of the sig period. Deleted posts don't add to the post count, so they wouldn't be counted. It wouldn't have to be manual either. Something like this could easily be done via a script. Heck, I could probably write it myself in a single day.

Actually it is possible (though not common) for deleted posts to add to post counts, a bug I found a while back. Recalculating forum stats will fix it, that's not done regularly though, just whenever I think about it.

Why not setup a cron job or something to let it run daily?

Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:01:38 AM

Oops. Didn't realize that was the case. So I guess this exploit will be more difficult to patch than I first thought. Poor Stunna. Sad

EDIT: Then again, with a budget of 50 BTC per month, I guess Stunna could easily hire someone to double check the post counts if it's not possible for it to be fully automated.
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:08:01 AM

I don't think that posting and then deleting posts is technically against forum rules, however it is certainly a waist of forum resources and doing so in any kind of massive scale would be in some way punished (aka banned), correct?

I would also think that if you were to monitor the number of pages worth of posts a user has this would be easy to detect from a non-moderator point of view. For example a script could check to see that UID 41911 (aka BadBear) has 162 pages of posts as of 12 Jan 2015, then if their post count went up by 100 posts in the following week then they should have exactly 167 pages of posts. If they do have as many pages then payment could be made automatically, if they do not then it would be an "exception" where posts could be counted manually

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
Bizmark13

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:13:33 AM

I would also think that if you were to monitor the number of pages worth of posts a user has this would be easy to detect from a non-moderator point of view. For example a script could check to see that UID 41911 (aka BadBear) has 162 pages of posts as of 12 Jan 2015, then if their post count went up by 100 posts in the following week then they should have exactly 167 pages of posts. If they do have as many pages then payment could be made automatically, if they do not then it would be an "exception" where posts could be counted manually

Wouldn't there be a big margin of error if you used pages to check for deleted posts though? That system might work for many deleted posts, but one, two, or even ten deleted posts might not show up if you checked the number of pages.

For example, if their post count went up by 115, you would expect to see 6 more pages. But if they had deleted 10 posts, it would still be 6 more pages. It's only once they delete 15 or more posts that the number of pages changes (to 5).
doggieTattoo

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:26:12 AM

Wouldn't there be a big margin of error if you used pages to check for deleted posts though? That system might work for many deleted posts, but one, two, or even ten deleted posts might not show up if you checked the number of pages.

For example, if their post count went up by 115, you would expect to see 6 more pages. But if they had deleted 10 posts, it would still be 6 more pages. It's only once they delete 15 or more posts that the number of pages changes (to 5).
There would be a margin of error of 19 posts per user per week. For hero members (under previous rates) it would work out to .0228 per user, and for senior members it would work out to .02 per user (also under previous rates). The margin of error would decrease substantially over time as it would become obvious that a user is exploiting this as their long term post page count is not rising quickly enough according to their post count increase.

There is no real reason to be deleting even 10 posts in a month (with a potential exception being sales threads, but even then you could increase that to 20 posts) so it would become obvious when someone is deleting this many posts and Stunna's position on default trust list would allow him to give negative trust to anyone clearly exploiting this exploit (which would be valid because they would essentially be scamming him).

The value lost from receiving the negative trust would greatly outweigh the potential gain from manipulating the system so people would have incentives to not do so

edit: people could potentially self report how many posts they deleted (approximately) in the last week so Stunna could adjust payouts manually for such deletions.

He could also check the modlog which would show how many posts were deleted by a moderator which would also give him a good idea when it is time to ban a user from his campaign

NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:27:01 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered but I was thinking of the point system for the posting. Do making threads count as the maximum credit for a post? I feel the logic behind it is that when you start a thread, it's pretty much guaranteed more views than a post on a thread. It would be pretty hard to abuse considering it's difficult to create a thread without reason or in other words "just for the free BTC". Plus, why would anyone go out there way to create a thread when they could substitute it with a post in the gambling section with ease. In essence, you compensate someone posting a thread for doing greater amounts of advertising.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 05:40:05 AM

I don't think that posting and then deleting posts is technically against forum rules, however it is certainly a waist of forum resources and doing so in any kind of massive scale would be in some way punished (aka banned), correct?

It's impossible for a user to cause this bug on their own, that would be a waste of time.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
doggieTattoo

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:41:37 AM

It's impossible for a user to cause this bug on their own, that would be a waste of time.
So the risk for a campaign manager to overpay would be overall low then

NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
Bizmark13

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:25:05 AM

There would be a margin of error of 19 posts per user per week. For hero members (under previous rates) it would work out to .0228 per user, and for senior members it would work out to .02 per user (also under previous rates). The margin of error would decrease substantially over time as it would become obvious that a user is exploiting this as their long term post page count is not rising quickly enough according to their post count increase.

There is no real reason to be deleting even 10 posts in a month (with a potential exception being sales threads, but even then you could increase that to 20 posts) so it would become obvious when someone is deleting this many posts and Stunna's position on default trust list would allow him to give negative trust to anyone clearly exploiting this exploit (which would be valid because they would essentially be scamming him).

The value lost from receiving the negative trust would greatly outweigh the potential gain from manipulating the system so people would have incentives to not do so

edit: people could potentially self report how many posts they deleted (approximately) in the last week so Stunna could adjust payouts manually for such deletions.

He could also check the modlog which would show how many posts were deleted by a moderator which would also give him a good idea when it is time to ban a user from his campaign

Yeah, on second thought, it doesn't seem like that big an issue. I agree the downsides of being caught trying to scam Stunna and getting negative trust wouldn't be worth the tiny increase in BTC. And if it happens so often that it isn't tiny anymore, then it would definitely be noticeable.

I do think there are certain situations where someone might legitimately delete 10 or even 20 posts within a month though. Bumps in the marketplace section are restricted to once per 24 hours and it is encouraged to delete your posts to avoid cluttering up the thread. Someone who makes five listings in a month and bumps/updates each listing three times would already reach very close to this limit.

Sorry if this has already been answered but I was thinking of the point system for the posting. Do making threads count as the maximum credit for a post? I feel the logic behind it is that when you start a thread, it's pretty much guaranteed more views than a post on a thread. It would be pretty hard to abuse considering it's difficult to create a thread without reason or in other words "just for the free BTC". Plus, why would anyone go out there way to create a thread when they could substitute it with a post in the gambling section with ease. In essence, you compensate someone posting a thread for doing greater amounts of advertising.

Not a bad idea. I've made threads that got up to 3,000+ views. I doubt any of my replies got anywhere near this many views. Although there would be the risk of people posting spammy threads and cluttering up the boards but I guess that's a possibility even today.

Ah... I was under the impression that this happened in particular boards or something (or in some other predictable manner). Well if that's not the case then it doesn't seem like a very major concern. Smiley
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:41:58 AM

Hoping to work with Hilariousandco to bring back the campaign in full swing very soon. This time bigger & better than ever.

When I heard the campaign was returning and would initially open to only senior members, I was a little bit sad.
Now, I am almost a senior member.  Grin
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 12:44:06 AM

Hoping to work with Hilariousandco to bring back the campaign in full swing very soon. This time bigger & better than ever.

When I heard the campaign was returning and would initially open to only senior members, I was a little bit sad.
Haha! Time flies, doesn't it?

Assad

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:14:28 AM

You might be a hero member and get even bigger rates before campaign starts
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:33:57 AM

You might be a hero member and get even bigger rates before campaign starts

I know someone here was implying it but the two weeks is still trademarked to BFL  Wink
Anyways hope that bug issue gets resolved soon reading above posts.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:58:20 AM

Not a bad idea. I've made threads that got up to 3,000+ views. I doubt any of my replies got anywhere near this many views. Although there would be the risk of people posting spammy threads and cluttering up the boards but I guess that's a possibility even today.

That is the only downside. But it would be hard to have spammish threads without being obvious. If someone's goal was to spam and squeeze out every ounce of BTC from the campaign, they would more than likely spam the higher point value sections rather than create new topics so it would be more beneficial to those who create topics every now and then so valid reasons.

sed

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:35:31 AM

I've been wondering about this campaign.  I think the rumors that it was starting back up started about two months ago.  Stunna, do you mind catching us up?  I'm curious if the btc price changes have affected your plans at all.  Or are you still working on the issue you mentioned a few weeks ago about subverting the post counter?
Shankara

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:40:32 AM

there are other campaigns around.

most stunna waits to open, more people will deband to other campaigns
GrandmaJean

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:43:24 AM

I've been wondering about this campaign.  I think the rumors that it was starting back up started about two months ago.  Stunna, do you mind catching us up?  I'm curious if the btc price changes have affected your plans at all.  Or are you still working on the issue you mentioned a few weeks ago about subverting the post counter?
It was a lot longer then that, it was probably around beginning to mid october that he said he was going to reopen the campaign "soon", someone even posted a picture of leodenaro decrapio with a champagne glass saying that half the forum like him when he said that
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:44:03 AM

Also it was posted how it will be counted in post.
How much is gambling section, marketplace, announcement, off topic.......

I like that and it comes to that it will be unique again.
So we waited for this long why not a little more.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Eric Cartman

Activity: 741

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:20:14 AM

Stunna might be too shocked about his BTC hodlings being worth less and less every day to think about re opening the campaign

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 [614] 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 »
  Print  

Jump to: