Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:16:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PrimeDice] (Staff Only) Earn Bitcoins Simply By Posting  (Read 595200 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:48:06 AM

I personally prefer the fixed rate deals for numerous reasons, especially if the per post is going to be a mere 0.0006 per post.

I agree that there should be very clear, specific rules as to what posts will be paid and which posts will not be paid (I don't see any reason why users can't post in the off topic section for example, as long as they understand they will not be paid for such posts). You should have multiple people (it would probably be too large a job for just one person) check users' post throughout the month and keep track of how many "payable" posts they have made (this would also eliminate the logistical issue of receiving 100's of PM's around the same time each month trying to get everyone paid) every day or every week, allowing for payments to be made automatically.

As for payment structure I might suggest, say a flat rate of .05 for the first 50 posts, then an additional .02375 for at least 75 posts total, then an additional .045 for at least 125 posts total, then an additional .0008 for each post above 125 posts. This would give users a disincentive to spam as they get a less amount on a per post basis after each threshold is met.

In the above example: posts
1 - 50 would be paid an effective rate of .001 per post
51 - 75 would be paid an effective rate of .00095 per post
76 - 125 would be paid an effective rate of .009 per post
126+ would be paid a rate of .008

If you wanted to pay higher levels more then you could add say 20% to hero members, and 25% to legendary/staff members.

I think this scheme (or a similar scheme) would allow you to remain competitive with other advertisers, as the rate for the first 50 posts is on par with the competition, while allowing/encouraging members to post more then only 50 posts, giving you a maximum level of exposure, while also not breaking your advertising budget.

Why should posts in the off-topic section not be counted? I also don't see how it would be feasable for whoiever is running this campaign to deduct them. It would be a nightmare. The pay scheme changing with the amount of posts you do would also further complicate things for everyone. Just either do a simple pay per post or fixed rate.

So the post in the off topic section  will not be counted ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=140584;sa=statPanel
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=164822;sa=statPanel

And these are a two staff members Wink ,  no problem for me !
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:21:13 PM

Most of the suggestions that I've read here will get you nowhere.
Simplifying the process and payment is what it is about. You need to imply strict participation rules i.e. no members under Hero rank at least. Then you should check each individual once they applied.
Posts in the Off-Topic section should also be counted but checked (posting in the image/game thread all the time should be disallowed).
The best thing would be a fixed rate if you were to avoid spamming. Legendary/staff members should have a bit higher rate if you go pay per post. No senior members or lower would be your best decision.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:28:11 PM

You need to imply strict participation rules i.e. no members under Hero rank at least. Then you should check each individual once they applied.

Lol. If I'm not mistaken I seem to recall you saying the exact same thing before but about Seniors, but now you've changed it to - surprise surprise - Heroes because you are one. If they were only to include Hero Members then they would hardly have any participants.

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:35:13 PM

Most of the suggestions that I've read here will get you nowhere.
Simplifying the process and payment is what it is about. You need to imply strict participation rules i.e. no members under Hero rank at least. Then you should check each individual once they applied.
Posts in the Off-Topic section should also be counted but checked (posting in the image/game thread all the time should be disallowed).
The best thing would be a fixed rate if you were to avoid spamming. Legendary/staff members should have a bit higher rate if you go pay per post. No senior members or lower would be your best decision.
Most of the suggestions yes do seem over complicated. I rather like the original idea with the addition of what I suggested.

Original Idea: Open posting "unlimited" paid at a rate of 0.0006 per contructive post. Constructive to be determined by Stunna etc.

My Addition: Adding a flat rate anywhere from 0.1 - 0.2 for those who would prefer a flat rate based system, all while still adhering to Stunnas contructive settings which he said he would outline at some point if this new program were to come to fruition.

To be decided...
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:24:04 PM

You need to imply strict participation rules i.e. no members under Hero rank at least. Then you should check each individual once they applied.

Lol. If I'm not mistaken I seem to recall you saying the exact same thing before but about Seniors, but now you've changed it to - surprise surprise - Heroes because you are one. If they were only to include Hero Members then they would hardly have any participants.
Obviously I grow over time what does that have to do with anything.
The only reason that I did not say Legendary member/staff status as there are only a limited number of those. PD is too old and too good for seniors to be allowed in it.
Keep in mind that Stunna did not listen to me in time, nor did other campaign owners. What was the result? A ton of spam. So I was right.

Most of the suggestions yes do seem over complicated. I rather like the original idea with the addition of what I suggested.
Here's an example:
As for payment structure I might suggest, say a flat rate of .05 for the first 50 posts, then an additional .02375 for at least 75 posts total, then an additional .045 for at least 125 posts total, then an additional .0008 for each post above 125 posts. This would give users a disincentive to spam as they get a less amount on a per post basis after each threshold is met.
It seems to me like people are trying to act smart, rather than suggesting something that actually makes any sense for the campaign.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Silly Money

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:29:32 PM

The only reason that I did not say Legendary member/staff status as there are only a limited number of those. PD is too old and too good for seniors to be allowed in it.

It has everything to do with it. If you were a Full Member you'd be saying only Full Members and higher should be allowed. I can't see any logical reason why Seniors shouldn't be allowed, and neither would you if you were one. If PD is too old (whatever that means) then maybe they should just allow Legendary members.

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:49:55 PM

Keep in mind that Stunna did not listen to me in time, nor did other campaign owners. What was the result? A ton of spam. So I was right.

Here's an example:
It seems to me like people are trying to act smart, rather than suggesting something that actually makes any sense for the campaign.

I'm not trying to act smart, I merely suggested an additional option that Stunna could still control quite well.

Edit: Forgetting Stunnas idea for a minute, mine makes sense and saves him BTC since lets say there was a set fee of 0.15 or 0.2. Well, under Stunnas idea if implemented, someone who somehow actually makes lets say 600 constructive posts would take him for  0.36 BTC.

To be decided...
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:15:58 PM

Here's an example:

I am smart but thank you for noticing.

Your suggestion is selfish as it would only apply to ~700 people, most of which do not participate in signature campaigns. You are clearly trying to get a larger share of stunna's advertising budget. Plus only allowing Heros would not give pd the exposure they want/need/are willing to pay for.

At one point almost every thread had several pd signatures (granted a lot of this was spam) and it gave them a lot of exposure to potential gamblers.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 04:08:25 PM

It amazes me how concerned people get over these campaigns! At the end of the day we get mere pocket change for doing something we are supposed to be doing for free. I join these myself for the free coins, but I wouldn't be upset if signature campaigns were banned since it creates spam. PD had a great campaign, but the spam was ridiculous.
alabamafan1

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:10:23 PM

It amazes me how concerned people get over these campaigns! At the end of the day we get mere pocket change for doing something we are supposed to be doing for free. I join these myself for the free coins, but I wouldn't be upset if signature campaigns were banned since it creates spam. PD had a great campaign, but the spam was ridiculous.
Its like people who do nothing feel they are entitled to be paid to do said nothing. If they don't get paid, they get upset, WHY won't you pay me?! Its quite amusing.

Realize this people,
the 10s of BTC paid out by Stunna each month were not a +EV marketing investment. Maybe first couple months yes, but hes a businessman, you all are greedy multi-accounters and thus he can't afford it anymore so he canceled it. Glad he did. Was tired of the spammers.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:11:47 PM

Its like people who do nothing feel they are entitled to be paid to do said nothing. If they don't get paid, they get upset, WHY won't you pay me?! Its quite amusing.

Realize this people,
the 10s of BTC paid out by Stunna each month were not a +EV marketing investment. Maybe first couple months yes, but hes a businessman, you all are greedy multi-accounters and thus he can't afford it anymore so he canceled it. Glad he did. Was tired of the spammers.

In all honesty if it comes back great and if not I keep my sig the way it is. I'm not overly concerned one way other the other. I was just trying to say if it does come back that I would like to maybe see a fixed rate as well. Either way I'm happy with the way things are now pocket change or not.

To be decided...
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 04:17:13 PM

Agreed,  I hope he limits it a lot post count wise. So many newer accounts with 1000s of post...all garbage ones at that. I think paying higher level status is a good idea because they tend to be better posters.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:18:58 PM

Agreed,  I hope he limits it a lot post count wise. So many newer accounts with 1000s of post...all garbage ones at that. I think paying higher level status is a good idea because they tend to be better posters.

A fixed rate for all the rank (Sr /Hero&Legendary /Staff) ?  Yeah maybe it will a good idea .... now we have only to wait a reply from Stunna.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 04:38:20 PM

Yes something like 50 posts per month and each member status has a set rate. That way the spamming stops and people still get paid. Since each person costs less he could have more participants...and get the same exposure minus the endless spam.
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:54:03 PM

Yes something like 50 posts per month and each member status has a set rate. That way the spamming stops and people still get paid. Since each person costs less he could have more participants...and get the same exposure minus the endless spam.

While it should create a lot less spam, the cost per impression would be higher for Stunna.

Those existing campaigns pay about 0.1 btc for 50 posts, and so Stunna will probably need to pay the same rate as well (=0.002 per post if everyone make exactly 50 posts), which will be a lot higher than Stunna 0.0006 per post rate in his mind. 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291387.msg9291093#msg9291093
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:57:23 PM

While it should create a lot less spam, the cost per impression would be higher for Stunna.

Those existing campaigns pay about 0.1 btc for 50 posts, and so Stunna will probably need to pay the same rate as well (=0.002 per post if everyone make exactly 50 posts), which will be a lot higher than Stunna 0.0006 per post rate in his mind. 

Maybe it will be better to  make an unlimited post ( But before check the last posts history for each forum member) and pay 0.0006 btc/post.

The spammer users will not be accepted , this is obviously.

Essentially there will be no limit to how much you can earn. HOWEVER, we will have very strict rules regarding spamming.
Don007
Legendary

Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

I think Stunna can Always expect some degree of spam / non-constructive posts if a pay-per-post method is used.  I don't think 0.0006 BTC per post is a bad reward IF there are no limits. This means that this can be a great campaign for those senior and hero members that do post a lot (constructive) posts on this forum. For people which are not that active, there are better solutions, as there are also other parties which pay out more than. These might have more restrictions though, and might pay out for example max 0.01 BTC or so (for a minimum required post count of 10, or nothing as Bitmixer is doing now).

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
zoukenn

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:36:25 PM

i hope that stunna will re-open this signature campaign asap and (maybe, but i don't think so) give some slot to member  Smiley

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:48:23 PM

i hope that stunna will re-open this signature campaign asap and (maybe, but i don't think so) give some slot to member  Smiley
U must have just upgraded because your Jr. Member now. Regardless of what Stunna does if anything I'm sure he will make it fair for all with maybe keeping newbs out or something.

To be decided...
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 05:56:39 PM

Even assuming that "cost per impression" is as important as you make it sound, you are really stretching the math here. Most people won't post EXACTLY 50 posts, that's the point of fixed rate / minimum post rule - it ensures a certain amount of minimum exposure and anything above that is free. It also doesn't have to be 50 for 0.1, the rules can be set up any way that makes sense. I don't think there would be a shortage of participants if the minimum is higher than in other campaigns. Set it to 0.1 for 150 minimum posts and you'll have ~0.0006 per post plus free advertising on top of that.

TL;DR: FIXED RATE FTW.
Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 »
  Print  

Jump to: