Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:07:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586097 times)
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:48:06 AM

As you type a list of available choices should appear between the text box and the keyboard. You finish the dialog by selecting one or clicking the back button.
Like this: http://imgur.com/oIB4a9T

Yup I've seen it when I tried again, but at first this list did not appear - and now it is missing again, could it be a problem with the server?
The app does not give any indication that it's doing something, waiting for the server, musing about an error that happened, or anything else...

Onkel Paul
that sounds like a combination of a ui/backend bug. its a bit complicated to tell what is happening. could you take a video of your phone showing it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:23:19 PM

that sounds like a combination of a ui/backend bug. its a bit complicated to tell what is happening. could you take a video of your phone showing it?

Difficult - at the moment it does not happen anymore, and the phone is my only device capable of recording videos easily :-)
I'll observe it, maybe after my last changes to the phone (had to install Link2SD due to space problems) the problem went away...

Onkel Paul

birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:08:13 PM

Can you use the front camera to scan QR codes?

Yes, I did, and now there's a leftover key that I'm not going to use on the auxiliary device; can you tell me how to delete it?
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:20:51 AM

Can you use the front camera to scan QR codes?

Yes, I did, and now there's a leftover key that I'm not going to use on the auxiliary device; can you tell me how to delete it?
Go to Keys tab, select the key to delete, and click Delete in the menu. Confirm + Confirm

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
birr

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:59:35 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 05:09:39 PM by birr

The app was showing half a dozen menu choices, but none was "delete."  
Turns out I have to back up the key before mycelium will let me delete it.  I didn't back up that key, of course, because I never used it and was not going to..
But I can understand why you put that mechanism in place.  It prevents loss of keys that aren't backed up.
So I'll spend the time backing up the key so I can delete it.
testconpastas2

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:40:39 AM

Any ETA for HD wallets support?

Bitmessage: BM-2DAetLWJBKWHZoPbNCgg5z8jwaPpDYWwd4
gpg key id:C6EF5CE3
birr

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:44:16 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 12:23:43 AM by birr

Re:  installing  mycelium on a spare mobile device

On the primary device I enabled aggregate view and backed up the wallet.
(I presume backing up multiple keys (the primary wallet) requires aggregate view; I don't see how choosing a single key and backing it up would back up any other keys.)
Went to the auxiliary device, enabled aggregate view, and added the backup key.
It only imported a single key, not the five keys I had on the primary wallet.  Or rather, it returned a message that the key was already present.
I tried disabling aggregate view in the auxiliary device's wallet and got the same result.
Next I'm going to try deleting that key in the auxiliary device's wallet, maybe then the import will work.

Edit:
I decided to back up the keys one at a time.  I backed up one key, and it went ok.
Then I made a backup of the second key, tried to import it on the auxiliary device, and it gave me the message that the key was already present.  But it was not.  Is it actually impossible for me to import my mycelium wallet on a second device, even key by key?

I have backups of these keys elsewhere that I can use to build the auxiliary wallet, but I wish I could just import the whole wallet onto the auxiliary device in a single step from a backup of the wallet on the primary device.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:29:42 AM

Re:  installing  mycelium on a spare mobile device

On the primary device I enabled aggregate view and backed up the wallet.
(I presume backing up multiple keys (the primary wallet) requires aggregate view; I don't see how choosing a single key and backing it up would back up any other keys.)
Went to the auxiliary device, enabled aggregate view, and added the backup key.
It only imported a single key, not the five keys I had on the primary wallet.  Or rather, it returned a message that the key was already present.
I tried disabling aggregate view in the auxiliary device's wallet and got the same result.
Next I'm going to try deleting that key in the auxiliary device's wallet, maybe then the import will work.

Edit:
I decided to back up the keys one at a time.  I backed up one key, and it went ok.
Then I made a backup of the second key, tried to import it on the auxiliary device, and it gave me the message that the key was already present.  But it was not.  Is it actually impossible for me to import my mycelium wallet on a second device, even key by key?

I have backups of these keys elsewhere that I can use to build the auxiliary wallet, but I wish I could just import the whole wallet onto the auxiliary device in a single step from a backup of the wallet on the primary device.

I think there is some kind of misunderstanding, so let me make a few points, and maybe that will clear things up.

Aggregated and segregated view does not affect how backup works.

When you make an encrypted PDF backup all your keys are backed up including the ones in the Archive. This creates a multi-page PDF document where you for each key have a Bitcoin address the corresponding encrypted private key.

When you import a key to a wallet you can import the actual key (and get an address you can spend from) or just the Bitcoin address (and get an address that you can monitor but not spend from). Both are present in the backup PDF, so you should select the appropriate one .

If the wallet tells you "The private key was already present" then the private key was already imported successfully. You should see it in the Key tab. Note that if you had a name for the key/address in the other wallet it is not preserved when you import. The address however is the same.

Are you using PDF backup or single private key export (in the Keys tab)?

birr

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:44:21 PM

Jan
Thanks for the clarification.
enpott

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:15:51 AM

Im a Mycelium user, and love it. But wouldnt mind an open interface.
The interface so that other great wallet developers can add this feature into their wallet and then it can be one giant trading network.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:56:50 AM

Im a Mycelium user, and love it. But wouldnt mind an open interface.
The interface so that other great wallet developers can add this feature into their wallet and then it can be one giant trading network.
You mean the Local Trader feature of Mycelium?
The API is open for everyone to use: https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet/tree/master/public/lt-api
In fact we welcome other wallets to use it. Moreover, we believe that this API could be well suited for physical locations (stores) that would be interested in doing semi automated  trades. For instance you could make an app where the store clerk accepts cash, looks at a display which says "did you receive XX USD?" and clicks "Yes".

The API could be better documented, and it is likely to change somewhat in the near future, as we are still learning and adapting.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:42:23 AM

The APK in the play store and on the web-site is the same, and signed under the same certificate.

How long before the version available from the Mycelium website gets updated to the same version on Google Play?
Currently v1.2.0 on the website, v1.2.1 on Google Play:
 - http://mycelium.com
 - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:01:16 AM

The APK in the play store and on the web-site is the same, and signed under the same certificate.

How long before the version available from the Mycelium website gets updated to the same version on Google Play?
Currently v1.2.0 on the website, v1.2.1 on Google Play:
 - http://mycelium.com
 - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet

thanks for the reminder, fixed, published the apk on mycelium.com
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:06:09 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 03:55:54 PM by Stephen Gornick

I'll be giving [packaging the APK for BlackBerry 10] another try in a few days when I have access to a Windows system.

I never did end up trying to build that package for BlackBerry 10 (due to lack of access to a system running Windows).

Now that my mobile provider (T-Mobile) has made an OTA update of BB10 to v10.2.1, I can now install the Android .apk directly without it being packaged for Blackberry 10.

So I did that app installation using the .apk right from the Mycelium.com website.

I did first need to change the setting to allow apps from outside BlackBerry World to be installed (Settings -> App Manager -> Installing Apps, then set the "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" slider to "On").

To install, I clicked on the mbw-v1.2.1.apk file after it had downloaded.  The installer then launched which allowed me a one-click install of Mycelium Wallet (for Android) from there.  I don't know why but the value for Version: shows 1.0.0.104.   After installation, the app's About page shows v1.2.1 so it definitely installed the app correctly.

After installation, I had an icon for Mycelium Wallet app.

Using the app I was able to scan a QR code and use most of the app on a BlackBerry Z10 as I normally would on an Android.    

The only real issues I had were minor.  With Local Trader, the app pops up a warning:
"Your device cannot integrate with Google Play Services, and may not get automatic notifications when trade updates occur."  

Also in Local Trader, when I went to change location and clicked on the icon to grab my current location a message displayed:
"This feature requires your device to be able to tell its current location.  It seems that your device cannot do that.  Try enabling location services in your device settings".  
I do have my Settings -> Location Services -> Location Services slider set to "On".  In Application Permissions (Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Application Permission -> Mycelium), there are no settings I can change and the Location does show as "On" (as do all the other permissions -- Shared Files, Device Identifying Information, and Camera).  I resolved this by setting the location manually by clicking the keyboard option and typing in my location and choosing the right city from the list.

There was one other problem I had and that is with doing the backup.  After the backup PDF is created, the Share PDF options include  only Messages and Skype.  Messages is Blackberry Messenger, which I don't have configured and don't use.   I don't have Dropbox on my BB10 device -- that probably would have been an option I would have been given as a backup destination.   I guess I'll use the Skype method.  I would have liked to have been able to maybe save the PDF to the filesystem and manually back it up that way (e.g., with a thumb drive). [Edit: Showing the private key (via Export) and printing that QR code out is a suitable manual method to back up my private key.]

I see that BlackBerry now provides a plugin for use with Android Studio -- so not sure if that helps Mycelium developers [Edit: o any other contributors to the open source project] improve compatibility with BlackBerry 10.
 - http://devblog.blackberry.com/2014/04/blackberry-tools-for-android-development-2-0-2-beta-now-with-support-for-android-studio

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:06:14 PM

I'll be giving [packaging the APK for BlackBerry 10] another try in a few days when I have access to a Windows system.

I never did end up trying to build that package for BlackBerry 10 (due to lack of access to a system running Windows).

Now that my mobile provider (T-Mobile) has made an OTA update of BB10 to v10.2.1, I can now install the Android .apk directly without it being packaged for Blackberry 10.

So I did that app installation using the .apk right from the Mycelium.com website.

I did first need to change the setting to allow apps from outside BlackBerry World to be installed (Settings -> App Manager -> Installing Apps, then set the "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" slider to "On").

To install, I clicked on the mbw-v1.2.1.apk file after it had downloaded.  The installer then launched which allowed me a one-click install of Mycelium Wallet (for Android) from there.  I don't know why but the value for Version: shows 1.0.0.104.   After installation, the app's About page shows v1.2.1 so it definitely installed the app correctly.

After installation, I had an icon for Mycelium Wallet app.

Using the app I was able to scan a QR code and use most of the app on a BlackBerry Z10 as I normally would on an Android.    

The only real issues I had were minor -- with Local Trader, the app pops up a warning:
"Your device cannot integrate with Google Play Services, and may not get automatic notifications when trade updates occur."  
Also in Local Trader, when I went to change location and clicked on the icon to grab my current location a message displayed:
"This feature requires your device to be able to tell its current location.  It seems that your device cannot do that.  Try enabling location services in your device settings".  
I do have my Settings -> Location Services -> Location Services slider set to "On".  In Application Permissions (Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Application Permission -> Mycelium), there are no settings I can change and the Location does show as "On" (as do all the other permissions -- Shared Files, Device Identifying Information, and Camera).  Setting the location by clicking the keyboard option and typing in my location worked fine.

There was one other problem I had and that is with doing the backup.  After the backup PDF is created, the Share PDF options include  only Messages and Skype.  Messages is Blackberry Messenger, which I don't have configured and don't use.   I don't have Dropbox on my BB10 device -- that probably would have been an option I could have used.   I guess I'll use the Skype method.  I would have liked to have been able to maybe save the PDF to the filesystem and manually back it up that way (e.g., with a thumb drive).

I see that BlackBerry now provides a plugin for use with Android Studio -- so not sure if that helps Mycelium developers improve compatability with BlackBerry 10.
 - http://devblog.blackberry.com/2014/04/blackberry-tools-for-android-development-2-0-2-beta-now-with-support-for-android-studio

Thanks for trying this out Stephen. I am actually amazed that it works so well on a different platform, The BB guys must have spent enormous resources on making this happen.
It is really hard for us to improve BB compatibility as we don't have any BB device, let alone the resources to support it. We have only had 2 requests for it so far, so I hope you understand that we cannot spend too much on this.

Location Services: So the thing that doesn't work is the cross-hair button, which grabs your current location. I figure that you can still enter an address and have it auto complete?

Notifications: We use Google Cloud Messaging for sending out 'trade change' notifications. On older android devices (2.2 and earlier) it requires that you have a google play account. On later devices it should just work (on android that is). Which Android version (or Android API-level) is BB compatible with?

Backup: As on Android, the targets you can send your PDF backup to depends on the apps installed on your device that accept generic files. As an alternative you can export the individual private keys by selecting the keys one at a time and click Export (take a picture or copy the key to clipboard). Storing it on SD directly from within the app is a mess, even on android. The is really no standard for where the SD card is mounted (have seen many many different mount points) which we have abandoned in-app support for this and rely on separate apps to accept our encrypted files.

Improving BB support:
We will gladly accept patches, but we don't have the resources to do this ourselves.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:09:36 PM

1.2.2 is out. This is a minor update which adds a few Local Trader features based on user request:

- Added 'Info' button next to 'Buy' button so you can see information about the seller before starting a trade.
 - Add USD price for 1 BTC using small fonts for ads that are on a different currency.
 - You can now change the currency when creating/editing a sell ad
 - You can now see your receiving address before a trade starts (if you have more than one address)

Screenshot

Local Trader now has 1311 traders, 969 ads, and has conducted 124 trades with a total volume of 111 BTC. Every trade has two traders.
We are working on a google map that displays all the ads world-wide

- Jan

ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:14:21 PM

What does "Expected trade time" mean? It is present for some sellers and not for the others. Are those the sellers who already completed trade and "expected trade time" shows their past performance?
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:39:40 PM

What does "Expected trade time" mean? It is present for some sellers and not for the others. Are those the sellers who already completed trade and "expected trade time" shows their past performance?
Yes. It is the median trade time for that seller, and a measure for how long time you can expect until you have your coins.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:19:52 PM

Yes. It is the median trade time for that seller, and a measure for how long time you can expect until you have your coins.

Is Expected Time the time between initial trade request and Cash Received pressed, or Trade Accepted and Cash Received, or something else?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:21:14 PM

Any ETA for HD wallets support?

Soon as we finish polishing all the Local Trader things, we'll start on HD. It's apparently about 10% done (just the very basics). No ETA as of yet though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: