Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:45:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586162 times)
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:10:46 AM

While we are at the final stages of releasing version 1.0 we are already looking ahead for version 1.1 where the release topic is translations.
Our initial focus is Chinese, Spanish, German, Russian, and Portuguese.
We already have volunteers for everything but Portuguese

If you know Portuguese or someone who does please help us out

To sign up send me an email at: jan.moller@gmail.com

How do you think to manage translations? Something like crowdin.net?
Yes, we use Crowdin. The project is called Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:39:12 PM

You could try here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=29.0

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:50:17 PM

You could try here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=29.0
Tip of the day!

btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:34:56 PM

I've a feature request. Currently I can import a private key, then delete it and leave the public address - thus making a watch only address. Would it be possible to just allow the import of a watch only address (via QR code).
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:42:09 PM

I've a feature request. Currently I can import a private key, then delete it and leave the public address - thus making a watch only address. Would it be possible to just allow the import of a watch only address (via QR code).
Yes. You can do that already. Just scan any bitcoin address when you click the + button

btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:44:18 PM

Awesome! You are way ahead of the curve!
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:28:30 PM

version 1.0 rc7 has been pushed to the playstore. right now you need to take part in the beta test to use it.

to be eligible for testing you need to join the g+ group at

https://plus.google.com/communities/102264813364583686576

to get the latest bleeding edge versions go to

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mycelium.wallet

new features include:

updated UI to the current Android guidelines.
Backup verification (important, do it!)
two-factor backups

tons of small improvements
btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:55:19 PM

I have a bunch of paper wallets. If I would like to verify how much is on it, rather than import the public key, I would like to just scan it to get a balance off the block chain. Would that be possible?
Also, would it be possible somewhere to see the individual balance of all keys stored in Mycelium? Currently we only see a total balance of all added together.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:36:33 PM

Also, would it be possible somewhere to see the individual balance of all keys stored in Mycelium? Currently we only see a total balance of all added together.

You can change this in the settings. Turn off "Aggregated View."

EDIT: You may have to enable "Expert Mode" right above it to do so.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:58:28 AM

I have a bunch of paper wallets. If I would like to verify how much is on it, rather than import the public key, I would like to just scan it to get a balance off the block chain. Would that be possible?
There is no option to just scan + observe balance/tx-history. You can import the address which is almost as easy, and with the options listed below this might be what you want to do?

As westkybitcoins says, you can get that by disabling Aggregated Mode in settings. This way you operate on one key only when viewing the balance or tx history, or when sending coins (read-only obviously cannot send). In version 1.0 segregated mode is the default for new installs.

Another option is to place the imported bitcoin address in the archive. Records in the archive are always treated as single adressses/keys. If an archived address is selected you will only operate on that one (like with active keys in segregated mode), so if you go to Balance or Transaction History, then you will only observe the single archived address.

apetersson

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:07:16 AM

As states, enable expert mode and make sure "aggregated mode" is checked.

right now, you can start the "cold storage spend wizard" and scan a private key without importing it. then you can go to "enter amount" where you see its balance. but - It is a good idea to show the more key info in the "cold storage spending", for example what bitcoin address it corresponds to.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:21:26 AM

As states, enable expert mode and make sure "aggregated mode" is checked.

right now, you can start the "cold storage spend wizard" and scan a private key without importing it. then you can go to "enter amount" where you see its balance. but - It is a good idea to show the more key info in the "cold storage spending", for example what bitcoin address it corresponds to.

You mean : "aggregate mode" is unchecked  Wink
But yes, the cold storage spending wizard could use an extra page where you see what is on the address before you start spending from it.

btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:48:26 PM

There is no option to just scan + observe balance/tx-history. You can import the address which is almost as easy, and with the options listed below this might be what you want to do?

As westkybitcoins says, you can get that by disabling Aggregated Mode in settings. This way you operate on one key only when viewing the balance or tx history, or when sending coins (read-only obviously cannot send). In version 1.0 segregated mode is the default for new installs.

Another option is to place the imported bitcoin address in the archive. Records in the archive are always treated as single adressses/keys. If an archived address is selected you will only operate on that one (like with active keys in segregated mode), so if you go to Balance or Transaction History, then you will only observe the single archived address.

Hi Jan,

Just to clarify, I do mean to be able to simply *check the balance* of a bitcoin address (qr scan) without the inconvenience of having to import the address, read it and then delete it again (and without it ever being stored in the phone).
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:02:24 PM

Hi Jan,

Just to clarify, I do mean to be able to simply *check the balance* of a bitcoin address (qr scan) without the inconvenience of having to import the address, read it and then delete it again (and without it ever being stored in the phone).
I see. So basically you are asking for a "Check Balance" menu item with 3 steps:
1. Scan a bitcoin address (maybe even a private key)
2. View the current Balance + TX history
3. There is no step 3 ;-)
If there is high demand for that we can add it, but the set of features we have on our plate... so much stuff to do, so little time Sad

BTW: Andreas and I are panning out the last remaining bugs in 1.0. We are at the nitpicking stage, and I really hope for a release in a day or two. (am I repeating myself?). You can join the Mycelium Beta Testers group at Google + if you'd like to try it out.

In the meanwhile, the translation efforts for 1.1 are gaining steam. Portuguese has taken the lead with 55% completion Shocked

prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 06:17:35 PM

I see. So basically you are asking for a "Check Balance" menu item with 3 steps:

Integrate it with the "cold storage" option, that would be symmetrical. After scanning a QR with the cold storage option either just display the balance if it was an address or proceed with spending if it was a key.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:47:36 PM

Integrate it with the "cold storage" option, that would be symmetrical. After scanning a QR with the cold storage option either just display the balance if it was an address or proceed with spending if it was a key.
Here is the idea of the day!

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:54:13 PM

Version 1.0 is finally out.

Major changes:
 - Brand new modern UI
 - Encrypted PDF backup & restore

Demo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8FmwbgJuLM

Get it from the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet
Or as a direct download: http://mycelium.com/

Note: On Windows 8 the embedded PDF viewer cannot display our QR codes, we are working on that.

With this version we put some more memory strain the devices. We hope that this will not be an issue for older devices.

btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:56:57 PM

YOU GUYS ROCK!

Thank you so much for this amazing wallet!
apetersson

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:09:41 PM

YOU GUYS ROCK!

Thank you so much for this amazing wallet!

Thanks so much. If you like it, give it an intelligent 5 star review on Google Play, we really appreciate that.
Smiley

In the meantime, we are very busy fixing the leftover bugs we were not able to detect during the weeks of testnet- and beta-releases. if you discover anything, even small - let us know.
apetersson

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:19:45 PM

KNOWN BUGS:
Code:
Some PDF viewers don't display the QR codes, for example the Windows 8 built-in viewer. we are working on fixing that, until then please install any of the capable pdf viewers.

version 1.0 was going Out Of Memory on some older devices, when doing the export backup. a fix (version 1.0.4) has been submitted to the play store.

Some devices (S3 Cyanogenmod) have trouble with portrait mode QR code scanning. As a workaround, start the scanning from landscape mode.
we appreciate creative fix suggestions:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: