Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586097 times)
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:23:03 PM

Are you going to make a new version? if so  when about
Excuse me, am I right it does work with Samsung ? I wonder cause my friend has samsung
We are working on the next big release. I hope we have it out in a week or so. Mycelium works with most Android phones, about 4000 versions, samsung included.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

ETA on Mycelium with the new standard fee?
The new fee rules in 0.9 affect the default relay fee rule, but not the default miner fee. This means that your transaction will propagate with a lower fee, but not necessarily confirm.
Until now the default relay fee rules and default mining fee have been the same. It remains to be seen how the miners react.
If we lower the fee right now we will probably get a lot of unhappy users (blaming our software) because nothing confirms. 0.9 is just out and it will take some time until it has proliferated, and we will have to see whether miners actively set the mining fee below the standard.

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:31:58 PM

The new fee rules in 0.9 affect the default relay fee rule, but not the default miner fee. This means that your transaction will propagate with a lower fee, but not necessarily confirm.
Until now the default relay fee rules and default mining fee have been the same. It remains to be seen how the miners react.
If we lower the fee right now we will probably get a lot of unhappy users (blaming our software) because nothing confirms. 0.9 is just out and it will take some time until it has proliferated, and we will have to see whether miners actively set the mining fee below the standard.
I see, ok then.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:58:25 PM

I have no problem with a base fee of 0.0001 BTC

Even at $1000/btc, that's only 10 cents (U.S.) per transaction. At current prices, closer to 6 cents. Still cheaper than a bank wire, and worth it for anyone not trying to make micropayments (which Bitcoin really wasn't designed for anyway.)

While saving coins is always a plus, don't feel rushed to lower the fee anytime soon. Smiley

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:45:42 PM

I have no problem with a base fee of 0.0001 BTC

Even at $1000/btc, that's only 10 cents (U.S.) per transaction. At current prices, closer to 6 cents. Still cheaper than a bank wire, and worth it for anyone not trying to make micropayments (which Bitcoin really wasn't designed for anyway.)

While saving coins is always a plus, don't feel rushed to lower the fee anytime soon. Smiley

We agree on many levels. Thanks for the support.
I predict that there is going to be an immense pressure on wallet developers to lower the fees with 0.9 out.

hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:44:30 PM

I predict that there is going to be an immense pressure on wallet developers to lower the fees with 0.9 out.

To me it seems that people want to do micropayments with bitcoin. Now they bump against the fees, but if the fees are lowered, they may well bump into the next obstacle—the block size limit.

If that gets raised too, miners will bump against excessive blockchain bulk, and everybody will bump against performance limits. Satoshi Nakamoto's original design was extremely well tuned. It cannot easily be stretched, at least not very far.

One could try to redesign bitcoin, like demanding a transaction for each wallet every 2 years, then deleting all blockchain content older than 2 years. But such a redesign would raise so severe problems that I am almost certain that it will not happen.

Perhaps one way out is to build a micropayment system on top of bitcoin. One possibility would be a system that moves small IOUs that are regularly consolidated and settled with real bitcoins, like once every 24 hours. Such a system might have to contain a trust network and would not be very simple. But to build it might well be a good way to earn a living and some fame.

Another way out that I can imagine would be to invent and change over to bitcoin 2, which would have to be so cleverly designed that it surmounts these problems. One system I could vaguely imagine would be to have hundreds or thousands of bitcoin-like blockchains that are basically separate from each other, but are kept in line by some kind of arbitrage between them that guarantees that prices will be very nearly equal.

Who knows? I gladly admit that my ideas are very vague and unripe.
mav

Activity: 169
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:20:17 AM

Bug / Feature Request (not sure which!)

When sending without a network connection, the 'recipient address' page should not go away and the error message should stay until the user acknowledges it.

To Reproduce:
  • Be connected to the internet on your mobile
  • Click Send
  • Obtain the details (scan qr)
  • Activate flight mode (ie simulate network loss)
  • Press send
  • Enter pin

Actual result:
  • Small message with low contrast to background is flashed as an alert, which goes away after a couple of seconds - very easy to miss
  • Return to 'balance' page
  • No record of failed transaction anywhere

Desired result:
  • Return to 'Recipient Address' page with previously scanned details
  • Show a message with strong colours that it failed, which does not go away until the user makes it go away
  • Show a network connectivity indicator when this happens, so the user can know when they should retry the transaction

The reason I request this is because when at a shop, it's easy to get excited / distracted and 'just hit send' then not pay any further attention. The behavior between "tx worked" and "tx didn't work" is far too similar and can very easily lead to confusion.

I know that the 'Send' button cannot be clicked to initiate a qr scan unless the user is connected, but it's not too had to imagine an internet disconnection between the time between pressing that button and actually trying to broadcasting (which is a non-trivial amount of time, especially considering the time to scan a qr and enter a pin)
mstevenson1972

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:13:36 AM

When will you add the “Transaction Confidence” graph to the standard wallet for everyday use and not just for trading?
ewittt

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:21:11 AM

what's the proper way to close Mycelium to wipe the key from memory?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:14:32 PM

When will you add the “Transaction Confidence” graph to the standard wallet for everyday use and not just for trading?

After we release Local Trader. For now we don't know enough to be more specific than that.

what's the proper way to close Mycelium to wipe the key from memory?

Just hitting back and getting to the main wallet screen is enough to wipe the Cold Storage key from memory.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

Just hitting back and getting to the main wallet screen is enough to wipe the Cold Storage key from memory.
the key is also deleted if you finish the wizard successfully.
Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 03:57:35 PM

Hi! I am currently testing the Mycelium on my phone. Sorry if I am dumb, but I can't figure out how to send BTCs from multiple addresses to multiple addresses?

Is there a way to zero the fee when the transaction size and maturity does not require any? Its more a problem of destroying rounded values when fee is subtracted than the fee itself.

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!
Mordan

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:04:32 PM

Hello,

Google pushed the kitkat 4.4.2 upgrade on my Galaxy S4.

The mycelium application was deleted. Did I just lose 300$ because of Google shitty kitkat update? The update delete 50% of my installed applications!! It never told me anything about it. Sad Sad

Please help me!

C.
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:16:34 PM

Google pushed the kitkat 4.4.2 upgrade on my Galaxy S4.

The mycelium application was deleted. Did I just lose 300$ because of Google shitty kitkat update? The update delete 50% of my installed applications!! It never told me anything about it. Sad Sad

Please help me!

Install Mycelium again and scan in your wallets from the backup printout.

By the way, unless your phone was a Google Play Edition, the new version was pushed by Samsung, not by Google. And Samsung is known as a low-quality company that fills your phone with bloatware, replete with severe defects and security holes that are not repaired by Samsung for very long periods of time. What just happened to you may be a typical example for this. My recommendation to all readers is to think hard before buying Samsung.
Mordan

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:18:48 PM

EDIT: i did as you said and I installed the mycelium application. By some chance, it has found the wallet :/

it was pocket change wallet.. so never bothered for a physical back up .... Sad partly my fault then.

Microsfot NEVER NEVER DID THAT TO ME.

Imagine you install a Windows update and you find applications and application data DELETED. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I HATE GOOGLE.

I lost nearly all my bloody applications. 6 months of installations and search.
Mordan

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:36:00 PM

OK thx for the reply.

I did the back up with the pdf, wrote down the password and did the back up verification.

Hats off to Mycelium!
Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:49:12 PM

My recommendation to all readers is to think hard before buying Samsung.

Too late, I already have one.

Anybody have any pointers to a thorough security checklist/site for them?
Mordan

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:52:50 PM

i only bought Samsung because i can replace the batteries.

I have 4 batteries and a separate charger. It is a life saver when your travel a lot. I never run into the issue of a discharged smartphone.

all the new phones have their batteries sealed inside. sucks and it is a ploy to make you buy a new phone every year since the battery is going to be designed to die soon.
prolixus

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:05:10 PM

Small request, to help us comply with the IRS's guidance on bitcoin it would be very useful if I could export the list of transactions in the app as a csv and upload it to Google Drive.
vladman

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:32:01 PM

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked and answered before (and also for the noobness of the question).  I tried searching, but wasn't able to find a definitive answer to what I would like to ask.

I installed the Mycelium wallet on my phone.  I created a PDF backup, then verified it (successfully).  This is all before I transferred any funds into my Mycelium wallet address.  I then transferred a small amount into it, and it's showing as successfully received.

My question is, if I ever lose my phone, it's stolen, or anything else happens where I need to use the backup PDF document I created in a fresh installation of Mycelium, will the restore procedure always restore the most current amount of bitcoin associated with that address, or is the backup a snapshot of whatever the balance is when the backup is made?  I doubt it's the latter, but need to verify and make sure.  If it was a snapshot, then that would mean I'd have to create a backup every time my balance changes, and that seems very cumbersome.  I hope what I'm asking is clear.

Many thanks.

Vlad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: