Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:17:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook against bitcoin?  (Read 3738 times)
goldexp83

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:23:52 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 09:07:05 AM by goldexp83

Basically Mark Zuckerberg dont like cryptos because the Winklevoss brothers already sued him and he lost and now they are getting rich with cryptos so... JK

Yes, somehow advertising risky investments to common folks is quite dangerous (people could lose money after all). Weirdly I still see a lot of ICOs and other ads in my feeds, I guess is not really working so far!

palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:28:39 PM

The messages you send through your facebook account are different from the facebook app which carries inbuilt messages anywhere facebook site goes. So if at all there is a ban, you can still send bitcoin related issues to friends.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:32:41 PM

Facebook to be against ICO advertiser and i guest is not a good idea to stop facebook, runing ICO and facebook is faster to inform people about good things of crypto currency investment. and many more about. stoping facebook, does not make any change, finally bitcoin is not a scam, or bad business, and these  a great opportunity, job creation of ICO to empower youths to carry out daily assignment, advertise difference ICO, BTC is real and Facebook can stop me
Electrified

Activity: 286

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:50:26 PM

Facebook to be against ICO advertiser and i guest is not a good idea to stop facebook, runing ICO and facebook is faster to inform people about good things of crypto currency investment. and many more about. stoping facebook, does not make any change, finally bitcoin is not a scam, or bad business, and these  a great opportunity, job creation of ICO to empower youths to carry out daily assignment, advertise difference ICO, BTC is real and Facebook can stop me
Facebook is banning all ads that promote cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, in an effort to prevent people from advertising what the company is calling “financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.”
honorato

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:53:11 PM

Facebook against cryptocurrency , i think no. Just someone making it looks like.
Facebook soon will embrace cryptocurrency. Crypto + Blockchain is the future.
Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:11:35 PM

Facebook is banning all ads that promote cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, in an effort to prevent people from advertising what the company is calling “financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.”

As what I had read in the internet, facebook had banned the advertisements for all cryptocurrencies and ICO's as part of an intentionally broad policy against deceptive marketers. Facebook will no longer accept ads that promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with deceiving promotional practices however the decision is not permanent yet and facebook will have to revisit it's rules. My opinion for facebook's statement is that not all cryptocurrencies are deceptive but maybe there were some but in general, there are a lot of good potential altcoins including bitcoin which had proved to world to be true and had achieved greater heights in terms of it's price value and faster transaction services.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:41:18 PM

I know it is to protect users from possible scam (with so many ICO it is easy to get carried away, and if you are not familiar with crypto currencies it is risky). With that said, I am pretty sure FB ads are targeted ads. All the ads I see are related to my last searches (ie. if I am looking at booking a plane ticket I get ads and "deals" to that location, if I did a Google search on cryptocurrencies I start getting ads for upcoming ICOs, etc.), so I think it is a bit pointless to ban them entirely as the common user will more likely not get them.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:47:49 PM

After reading some other users comments I noticed some people mentioned crypto related posts being marked as spam (yet later allowed), and someone even being banned for promoting an ICO. If that were really the case, does that mean Facebook bounty campaigns will be over? Could Twitter follow the same example of blocking ICO sponsored content? (I have yet to participate on a social media campaign, but it got me thinking about that).
ivlev39

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:48:34 PM

I still see a lot of ICO advertisement in facebook. When are they going to stop it?
Kocret02

Activity: 1148
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:50:13 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
Is it to avoid fraud or false advertising? That's why?
it's possible to avoid false advertising and fraud is an unfounded reason but if facebook uses that excuse to serve as the reason for banning ads it's a facebook option and we only accept with wisely

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:53:27 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
You arent reading ,based on facebook terms and conditions they will not accept any ICO related advetisement to their paid advertising program to eliminate scammy ICOs in facebook community.It doesnt mean that they will ban your account if you posted,share and link any ICO related topics using your profile the only affected by this restrictions woauld be the people who are paying facebook for their ICO advetisements.

Yes, the OP does not really know what he is talking about and as a result here we have another wonderfully useless and more than that pointless thread.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:58:27 PM

Facebook just follow their rules and to avoid scams who enter in ther websites.Many scams now are made and they are still studying crypto so that they cannot advertise digital currency now because they are the largest social media worldwide so they are carefully choose to promote.

I don't think it's a matter of rules. There are numerous ads and promotions out there which may or may not be scams but may till be promoted because they pay Facebook anyway. These are not cryptorelated yet may still be present in their platform. You can't totally eradicate the promotion of scams, you can only choose to avoid them. Facebook may have not wanted to be involved with cryptocurrencies since it is not yet known to have a good reputation, and may tarnish the image of facebook.
robi5060

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:33:49 AM

Because, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s chief executive, has recently expressed an interest in digital currencies.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:35:37 AM

Facebook just follow their rules and to avoid scams who enter in ther websites.Many scams now are made and they are still studying crypto so that they cannot advertise digital currency now because they are the largest social media worldwide so they are carefully choose to promote.

I don't think it's a matter of rules. There are numerous ads and promotions out there which may or may not be scams but may till be promoted because they pay Facebook anyway. These are not cryptorelated yet may still be present in their platform. You can't totally eradicate the promotion of scams, you can only choose to avoid them. Facebook may have not wanted to be involved with cryptocurrencies since it is not yet known to have a good reputation, and may tarnish the image of facebook.

My understanding is that facebook does not allow ads including ICO's that promotes cryptocurrencies that includes btc also, to prevent people from advertising what the company is calling financial products and services frequently associated with misleading promotional practices. According to facebook's ad tech director that the will revisit the policy on how they will enforce it as signals for improvement. I think facebook has it's rules and regulation that we need to consider and respect it's ruling. The way I see it, if these legit cryptocurrency would still like to have there ICO's to be advertise in facebook, they should perhaps meet with facebook's tech advertising group for a consensus and come up with an agreement.
pesonet

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:05:33 AM

My understanding is that facebook does not allow ads including ICO's that promotes cryptocurrencies that includes btc also, to prevent people from advertising what the company is calling financial products and services frequently associated with misleading promotional practices. According to facebook's ad tech director that the will revisit the policy on how they will enforce it as signals for improvement. I think facebook has it's rules and regulation that we need to consider and respect it's ruling. The way I see it, if these legit cryptocurrency would still like to have there ICO's to be advertise in facebook, they should perhaps meet with facebook's tech advertising group for a consensus and come up with an agreement.

Really? I think that's not true because base on my experienced a few weeks ago I've been sharing some post about ICO and it's not been reported so I think it's okay about facebook world.
Masy scurity

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:27:04 AM

For me there is just Facebook might be right to let only specific safeguard provisions of the program which is run because Facebook this long even Facebook is now a very nice medsos for the community so it is natural to preserve properly.

lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:31:37 AM

Yes actually facebook will not allow adv cryptocurrencies as I know. I think better make a agreement first about cryptocurrency.
So it will make a clear about adv cryptocurrencies. I hope someday cryptocurrency will legalized in some country, so it will help cryptocurrencies introduction to the people.
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 446

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:35:07 AM

It's to protect people from scam investment. many coin/token use facebook ad for advertising ICO and ppl don't know scam or not.
one of mark's resolution for this year is to study about bitcoin and cryptocurrency

Even if they state that the main reason of such ban is to avoid scam projects, I think thay have another reasons to ban ICOs and cryptocurrencies. Maybe it's just a manipulation news, I haven't seen any banned ICO facebook account yet.

Well there's a rumor zuckerberg is planning to introduce his own altcoin, so I wouldn't be surprised if he would advertise it on facebook.

With that being said, I still sometimes get crypto ads. so who knows.  Huh

Its just a rumor. I don't think that Mark Z. will join the crypto bandwagon. He has a lot of money now and it makes 0 sense to me creating potential investors to funnel funds to Facebook.

They already made it a point that they want no part of scam ICO and doesn't want Facebook to be used as a tool to spread the scams. I think he made the right decision to block ICO advertisement.

However, there are still other social medias those fucking scammer can take advantage of.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:42:23 AM
Merited by shi07 (2)

Facebook is not against bitcoin or crypto cirrencies, they owner prohibits advertisement of cryptos especially ICOs because a lot of scam projects uses social media to advertise their projects and facebook management does not want to get involve with those illegal advertisement, that's all, but the idea crypto currencies has I don't think facebook does not like that, its not illegal in fact.
reginalkri

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:03:04 AM

There still are Crypto groups for all coins. What they did was ban ICO promotion, and I see that as a good thing because so many ICOs are scams.

The problem is that people in the media start seeing that ban as a negative towards crypto. It's actually helping by exposing would be scammers from scamming people who don't know better.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: