Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:01:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:00:25 AM

Wait is Black Arrow a Chinese company?  If so what'll happen to all the btc payments with the big Chinese btc shakeup.  Are they still accepting btc?

Read this. http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1sbefw/chinese_investment_banker_says_what_nobody_in_the

and this.

http://www.quora.com/China/What-is-the-situation-regarding-Bitcoin-from-the-perspective-of-someone-in-China/answer/Joseph-Wang-9?srid=FmS&share=1

Keep Calm.

Keep Mining.

Finally:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304854804579236211416212646

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
shangri

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:23:29 AM

Hi all,
Black Arrow announced a 100 Gh/s per chip. How is it that this site http://www.5ywyx.com/thread-5422-1-1.html figures speed 64 Gh/s per chip?
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:42:03 PM

Black Arrow announced a 100 Gh/s per chip. How is it that this site http://www.5ywyx.com/thread-5422-1-1.html figures speed 64 Gh/s per chip?
This site is not up to date (the prices are old too). The first estimation of speed had been 64 GH/s, then BA made more simulations and changed it to 100 GH/s.
Avadar

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:14:46 PM

I very interested to see what Black arrow will put out for a product, not so much the product as the release date they are putting.  I'm pretty new to the forums, but I mean this is something that could make or break a company.  If they come out with there Feb.24 13 release, we will have a huge advantage over other miners, as most companies like KNC are saying Q1/Q2, and 13grand for 3000 gh/s.   Personally it will be interesting to see what kind of heat these units put out when overclocked, I know you guys are in the early stages, but I'm itching kind of testing you will have.  I've already purchased 2 units, if you guys follow your deadline, I can promise you I wont ever be looking anywere else, as long as you are keeping up with the competition!

Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:49:18 PM

I very interested to see what Black arrow will put out for a product, not so much the product as the release date they are putting.  I'm pretty new to the forums, but I mean this is something that could make or break a company.  If they come out with there Feb.24 13 release, we will have a huge advantage over other miners, as most companies like KNC are saying Q1/Q2, and 13grand for 3000 gh/s.   Personally it will be interesting to see what kind of heat these units put out when overclocked, I know you guys are in the early stages, but I'm itching kind of testing you will have.  I've already purchased 2 units, if you guys follow your deadline, I can promise you I wont ever be looking anywere else, as long as you are keeping up with the competition!

The KnC unit will require more power than a standard US domestic home socket provides which probably means it's overclocked to the max already.
Q1/Q2 is like a 6 month range, it could be June 2014!

BA's 24th Feb is almost like saying March really
Everyone recons it takes 3 months to go into production after tape out. They should have taped out already to hit that target, no?

nosferatujeff

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:35:12 PM

From ongoing conversation on status of Tape-out;

"At the moment there is no news. The data sheet was released on the 27th of November. The team is working very hard at the moment and any news or updates will be posted immediately. There is no need to worry, at the moment we are ahead of schedule and it will be finished on time."

http://ecointalk.net/topic/303-minion-asic-tapeout-update/

No further comment other than I am worried.
NullVoxPopuli

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:13:34 PM

Anybody know how to contact them? I ordered an X1 a week or two back, and I still haven't received a bitcoin address to send to.

I've opened several tickets on their support system. But no one has replied.
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:26:35 PM

Anybody know how to contact them? I ordered an X1 a week or two back, and I still haven't received a bitcoin address to send to.

I've opened several tickets on their support system. But no one has replied.

Ha, you're not the only one... lol
I don't think they want our BTCs... Smiley
BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:13:22 PM

They're so lost with design that they don't even know if they're doing 28 or trying smaller... with reference to some older posts Smiley
They're demanding ID documents etc in some cases if you pay with wire and seems that btc payments are also messed up...
Would be nice the have BA chips & more competition, but I doubt they can finnish by the March. I hope... but... we'll see. Anyway good luck!

FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:28:16 PM

They're so lost with design that they don't even know if they're doing 28 or trying smaller... with reference to some older posts Smiley

Really? I thought there was just a poll to see if we wanted 20nm now or later.

They're demanding ID documents etc in some cases if you pay with wire

Sounds like the actions of a responsible company.

and seems that btc payments are also messed up...

Maybe. They cant use MtGox anymore, and with the renewed interest in mining, they are probably just swamped.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:51:23 PM

Maybe. They cant use MtGox anymore, and with the renewed interest in mining, they are probably just swamped.

At last count when I was there, it was 600+ tickets, so please be patient. Both them and us are hiring more people to fill in, and things should get much smoother.
BtcBling

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:31:46 PM

At last count when I was there, it was 600+ tickets, so please be patient. Both them and us are hiring more people to fill in, and things should get much smoother.

I have to to say one more time that BA is the very first company who's demanding ID's when paying with wire. I don't get it. There's no reason for it. It really seems that they are too responsible company, im' afraid it hurts sales. My initial ASIC order gone to Swizerland where money seems to be welcome. I will follow BA and maybe order later if they manage set up their business and start accept orders as usual without all kind of bureaucratic bs.

FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:42:23 PM

I have to to say one more time that BA is the very first company who's demanding ID's when paying with wire. I don't get it. There's no reason for it. It really seems that they are too responsible company, im' afraid it hurts sales. My initial ASIC order gone to Swizerland where money seems to be welcome. I will follow BA and maybe order later if they manage set up their business and start accept orders as usual without all kind of bureaucratic bs.

Selling to Coinvalidation?

mushin77

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:17:36 PM

To clarify a few things regarding 22nm and 28nm as well as ID for orders.

1.) They stated that if you do a wire transfer from an account that does not have your name on it they they may require Identification. This can help to eliminate quite a few potential problems such as: Fraud, Ensuring Payments are Applied Properly, etc... Even in the US we stores ask for ID when you write a check. I am not worried that they ask the same for a Wire Transfer.

2.) Re: 22nm and 28nm. They floated the question about 22 nm but also stated that they would focus on current design and worry about 22nm for the future. Seems reasonable that they would want to consider all options.

Observation: If you read through this entire thread you will see that it started out nice and neat with on topic questions and answers but as it progresses you can see how even the simplest replies from Black Arrow and other lead to all kinds of unwarranted speculations, off topic posts, and other posts that only create more work for everyone. Many of the questions asked have already been answered in the 30+ pages of posts but people ask again anyway. It would indeed be nice keep things simple and too the point.

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:35:46 AM

1.) They stated that if you do a wire transfer from an account that does not have your name on it they they may require Identification. This can help to eliminate quite a few potential problems such as: Fraud, Ensuring Payments are Applied Properly, etc... Even in the US we stores ask for ID when you write a check. I am not worried that they ask the same for a Wire Transfer.

2.) Re: 22nm and 28nm. They floated the question about 22 nm but also stated that they would focus on current design and worry about 22nm for the future. Seems reasonable that they would want to consider all options.

Observation: If you read through this entire thread you will see that it started out nice and neat with on topic questions and answers but as it progresses you can see how even the simplest replies from Black Arrow and other lead to all kinds of unwarranted speculations, off topic posts, and other posts that only create more work for everyone. Many of the questions asked have already been answered in the 30+ pages of posts but people ask again anyway. It would indeed be nice keep things simple and too the point.

Thank you for the clear and concise points- could not have said it better myself.
BtcBling

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:18:07 AM

Thank you for the clear and concise points- could not have said it better myself.

This thread is actually very much to the point. Take a look on the knc thread... and say after it that this is obscured...
but however discussion is always a good thing.

I don't see it at this stage a positive thing when a company asks what they should do from their customers.
That should be done at the very beginning of the design process. Throwing dice when the design should be ready
makes customers nervous and at least Im wondering what's the focus. There should not have been any kind of vote or question,
only the focus to get the 28mm design done in time. Hopefully it's now the situation.

I was aware about conditions when ID is required with wires and it still is weird. I send wires to the US, China and various EU countires
quite often and ever - no one - have asked ID in such situation when wire comes from the different account name than on the
order. That happens everywhere and everyday. Holding company pays orders instead of company who orginally made the
order. Company you work for might pay the order for some reason. My company might pay the order for another reason etc and
nothing illegal. Sure, BA can ask IDs, but as long as this is the situation, im out of their books. If my money is not easily welcome, then it goes elsewhere.

Another small, but strange thing is that BA doesn't accept group buys even if only one is handling whole thing as it usually goes.
This doesn't apply to me, however just strange policy. Usually companies are willing to sell as much as they can.

However - Now, I don't post anymore about this subject, it just bothered me a lot as I was about to place X-3 orders some time ago, but was forced to
chance plans as I found that strange clause about required ID docs and explanations.

FlappySocks

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:28:43 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 01:45:12 AM by FlappySocks

If you have a limited number of products, then your bank statement is going to have an awful lot of deposits of exactly the same amount.
It makes finding transactions not correctly identified, hard to find, with the added risk of being duped.

It takes 5 minutes, to scan your passport, and e-mail it.  Big deal.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:23:36 AM

This thread is actually very much to the point. Take a look on the knc thread... and say after it that this is obscured...
but however discussion is always a good thing.

I don't see it at this stage a positive thing when a company asks what they should do from their customers.
That should be done at the very beginning of the design process. Throwing dice when the design should be ready
makes customers nervous and at least Im wondering what's the focus. There should not have been any kind of vote or question,
only the focus to get the 28mm design done in time. Hopefully it's now the situation.

I was aware about conditions when ID is required with wires and it still is weird. I send wires to the US, China and various EU countires
quite often and ever - no one - have asked ID in such situation when wire comes from the different account name than on the
order. That happens everywhere and everyday. Holding company pays orders instead of company who orginally made the
order. Company you work for might pay the order for some reason. My company might pay the order for another reason etc and
nothing illegal. Sure, BA can ask IDs, but as long as this is the situation, im out of their books. If my money is not easily welcome, then it goes elsewhere.

Another small, but strange thing is that BA doesn't accept group buys even if only one is handling whole thing as it usually goes.
This doesn't apply to me, however just strange policy. Usually companies are willing to sell as much as they can.

However - Now, I don't post anymore about this subject, it just bothered me a lot as I was about to place X-3 orders some time ago, but was forced to
chance plans as I found that strange clause about required ID docs and explanations.

This isn't really odd actually. a group buy save's you nothing. They have a reseller lined up. And it avoids 200 scams of group buys that never go through. You have three authorized places to buy. That's plenty.

Seeing as they are super busy I'm hoping this is a good sign. And everyone on here constantly jumping at their date because BFL and others have failed us is rude and rather sad. Give them the benefit of the doubt. NO ONE can prove they will or will not be on time. Read about them and either invest or don't but a bunch of guys speculating that MAYYYYYBe they will be on time. a bunch saying no. with no real proof to back it aside from past experience with other companies...

Shutup and let them work
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:59:00 AM

wouldn't you think that answering customers queries should be on their priority list.

It seems there are many questions are in regards to making payments for purchasing their miners are going unanswered.  Do they want to loose customers?

I've been trying to buy a few X3's for a few friends and myself, and my friends have been asking me why can't we pay? have you got reply from Black Arrow yet?

Look in my signature KnC can and will deliver (I paid for one already) should I/we stick to a trusted source?
f00Fighter

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:38:29 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 04:49:43 AM by f00Fighter

I probably bought from them before "rush hours" (in early November) so your experience might differ, but I had no trouble contacting Black Arrow (to cancel a mistaken order and direct the funds which I had already dispatched to them towards another order with my name on it). I wasn't asked for any additional documents since I paid from my own account and ordered in my own name. The whole process took 4 days, but this included weekend.

(The need to cancel one order and use the funds towards another order resulted from my mistake. Unfortunately it demonstrates that even customers who generally do read the fine print occasionally make mistakes, and with running a shop comes the burden of having to support them. I realize it's difficult for a "mostly engineering" shop to support a lot of customers - especially customers who speak many different languages. I thus try to not bother them with excess curiosity.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: